Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,112 members, 7,852,765 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? (254 Views)

Did Prophet Ezekial Have An Encounter with UFOs or Aliens? / What Did Prophet Muhammad Do At The Cave Of Hira / I Will Walk On River Niger This August, Just Like Jesus Did – Prophet Emeka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by GreatAxeMan: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2022
Usury refers to the practice of charging excessive interest on a loan.

Long before the book of lies by followers of uneducated "prophet" was written, the Bible had already condemned usury as a sin.

The Old Testament "condemns the practice of charging interest on a poor person because a loan should be an act of compassion and taking care of one's neighbor"; it teaches that "making a profit off a loan from a poor person is exploiting that person."

In Exodus 22:25–27, God has the following to say about usury:

If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not impose usury on him;

If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate

The God of Christianity and Judaism will punish anyone who charges usury on a poor man because it is evil to exploit your fellow human beings poverty.

But the god of islam has a very unique idea of why usury is evil and he communicated this idea to his "prophet":

Sunan Ibn Majah 2274
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

There are seventy degrees of usury, the least of which is equivalent to a man having intercourse with his mother

Graded Hasan

So according to the god of islam, charging high interest on a loan is the equivalent of having sexual intercourse with your mother!

The question is, what kind of activities did allah's apostle engage in which led him to conclude that usury is the same thing as having sexual intercourse with one's mother?

How did allah's prophet gain enough experience of usury and sexual intercourse with mothers to know that the two activities were the same thing?

Answers from AntiChristian and haekymbahd please.

2 Likes

Re: How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by AntiChristian: 9:13am On Mar 28, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

Usury refers to the practice of charging excessive interest on a loan.

Long before the book of lies by followers of uneducated "prophet" was written, the Bible had already condemned usury as a sin.

The Old Testament "condemns the practice of charging interest on a poor person because a loan should be an act of compassion and taking care of one's neighbor"; it teaches that "making a profit off a loan from a poor person is exploiting that person."

In Exodus 22:25–27, God has the following to say about usury:

If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be like a moneylender to him, and you shall not impose usury on him;

If ever you take your neighbor's cloak in pledge, you shall return it to him before the sun goes down, for that is his only covering, and it is his cloak for his body; in what else shall he sleep? And if he cries to me, I will hear, for I am compassionate

The God of Christianity and Judaism will punish anyone who charges usury on a poor man because it is evil to exploit your fellow human beings poverty.

But the god of islam has a very unique idea of why usury is evil and he communicated this idea to his "prophet":

Sunan Ibn Majah 2274
It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

There are seventy degrees of usury, the least of which is equivalent to a man having intercourse with his mother

Graded Hasan

So according to the god of islam, charging high interest on a loan is the equivalent of having sexual intercourse with your mother!

The question is, what kind of activities did allah's apostle engage in which led him to conclude that usury is the same thing as having sexual intercourse with one's mother?

How did allah's prophet gain enough experience of usury and sexual intercourse with mothers to know that the two activities were the same thing?

Answers from AntiChristian and haekymbahd please.

Chai! How did you get here?

The concept of Sin in Islam and your Christianity is different.
In Christianity, Sin can be inherited and God can punish sin to the fourth generation.
Adam sinned and we all inherited the sin from Adam.
Sins are the same and equal. Telling lies is same as killing or fornication.

In Islam, on the contrary, the soul that sinned is punished!
Adam's sin is his own. Our sins are ours alone.
Sins are not equal. Some are great/major sins and others are minor sin. Though all sins are to be avoided.

To your question, Riba' (Usury) is a great sin in Islam.
Riba originated among the people of the Jahiliyyah. If a debt became due, they would say to him (the borrower): Give us one hundred (that is due, now), or increase it to one hundred and fifty (and pay later). Then when the one hundred and fifty became due, they would say: Give us one hundred and fifty (now), or increase it to two hundred (and pay later) -- and so on.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“The ruling on riba is that it is haraam according to the Quran and Sunnah and scholarly consensus. It is classified as one of the major sins, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but whoever returns (to riba), such are the dwellers of the Fire — they will abide therein” [al-Baqarah 2:275]

“And if you do not do it, then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger” [al-Baqarah 2:279]

And because the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the two who witness it and the one who writes it down. So it is a major sin.

There is scholarly consensus that riba is forbidden, hence whoever denies that it is forbidden although he lives in a Muslim environment is an apostate, because this is one of the obviously forbidden things on which there is consensus.

So the hadith you quoted is an emphasis to how Riba' is a MAJOR SIN IN ISLAM.

No one would want to have intercourse with his mother!

2 Likes

Re: How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by GreatAxeMan: 10:31am On Mar 28, 2022
AntiChristian:

Chai! How did you get here?

The concept of Sin in Islam and your Christianity is different.
In Christianity, Sin can be inherited and God can punish sin to the fourth generation.
Adam sinned and we all inherited the sin from Adam.
Sins are the same and equal. Telling lies is same as killing or fornication.

In Islam, on the contrary, the soul that sinned is punished!
Adam's sin is his own. Our sins are ours alone.
Sins are not equal. Some are great/major sins and others are minor sin. Though all sins are to be avoided.

The concept of sin in Islam is that it is allah who programs muslims to be sinners. Satan in Islam is actually one of the victims of allah's sins. Satan in islam only became evil because he refused to commit the major sin of shirk or bow down to Adam who was a mere human being.

Examples of allah being of the author of sin is all over the islam.

For example, according to the word of allah himself, it is allah who leads his followers astray:

Surah 14.4

ALLAH leads astray whom He wills and guides
whom He wills
. And He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Jami' at-Tirmidhi 3075

Narrated Muslim bin Yasar
Al Juhani

Allah's apostle ( ﷺ ) said: 'When Allah creates a person for Paradise He causes him to do the deeds of the people of Paradise until he dies doing one of the deeds of the people of Paradise and is admitted to Paradise accordingly. And when Allah (SWT) creates a person for Hell, He causes him to do the deeds of the people of Hell until he dies doing one of the deeds of the people of Hell and is admitted to Hell thereby[color=#990000] ."

Graded Sahih by Sheikh Albani

Furthermore, it was actually allah and not Satan who made Adam to sin in the garden of Eden:

Sahih al-Bukhari 6614
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father who disappointed us and turned us out of Paradise.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action which Allah had written in my fate forty years before my creation?'[color=#990000] So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses..

The idea of original sin in the Bible doesn't mean that humans inherited sin from Adam, but that Adam was the original sinner, the first human being to sin and that is why it is called original sin.

In Christianity, each person will answer for his own sin.

In Ezekiel 18 : 14 to 17 it is clearly stated that a righteous man will not die for the sins of his father:

But suppose this sinner has a son. The son sees all the sins that his father does. He is afraid, so he doesn’t do follow in his father's footsteps;

He doesn’t worship idols , He doesn’t dishonor his neighbor’s wife; He doesn’t oppress anyone. He doesn’t keep the security for a loan. He doesn’t rob anyone;

He refuses to hurt the poor. He doesn’t charge interest or make excessive profits. He obeys my rules and lives by my laws. He won’t die for his father’s sins

To your question, Riba' (Usury) is a great sin in Islam.
Riba originated among the people of the Jahiliyyah. If a debt became due, they would say to him (the borrower): Give us one hundred (that is due, now), or increase it to one hundred and fifty (and pay later). Then when the one hundred and fifty became due, they would say: Give us one hundred and fifty (now), or increase it to two hundred (and pay later) -- and so on.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“The ruling on riba is that it is haraam according to the Quran and Sunnah and scholarly consensus. It is classified as one of the major sins, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but whoever returns (to riba), such are the dwellers of the Fire — they will abide therein” [al-Baqarah 2:275]

“And if you do not do it, then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger” [al-Baqarah 2:279]

And because the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) cursed the one who consumes riba, the one who pays it, the two who witness it and the one who writes it down. So it is a major sin.

There is scholarly consensus that riba is forbidden, hence whoever denies that it is forbidden although he lives in a Muslim environment is an apostate, because this is one of the obviously forbidden things on which there is consensus.

So the hadith you quoted is an emphasis to how Riba' is a MAJOR SIN IN ISLAM.
No one would want to have intercourse with his mother!

Actually, you haven't answered anything. Your "prophet" said that a man who is charging excessive interest is doing the same thing as having sexual intercourse with his own mother.

My question was, what activity did your "prophet" take part in before he came to this conclusion?

For example, if I told you that eating Jollof Rice is equivalent to eating Fried Rice, it would be safe for you to assume that I have gone through the experience of eating both Jollof Rice and Fried Rice before I made my decision.

So my question is, what experience did allah's prophet go through before he was able to realize that charging excessive interest is the same thing as having sex with his mother?

1 Like

Re: How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by AllahEatsShit: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Dude I love the way you finish these abdools grin

GreatAxeMan:

The concept of sin in Islam is that it is allah who programs muslims to be sinners. Satan in Islam is actually one of the victims of allah's sins. Satan in islam only became evil because he refused to commit the major sin of shirk or bow down to Adam who was a mere human being.

For example, according to the word of allah himself, it is allah who leads his followers astray:

Surah 14.4

whom He wills

Jami' at-Tirmidhi 3075

Al Juhani

Allah's apostle ( ﷺ ) said: 'When Allah creates a person for Paradise He causes him to do the deeds of the people of Paradise until he dies doing one of the deeds of the people of Paradise and is admitted to Paradise accordingly. And when Allah (SWT) creates a person for Hell, He causes him to do the deeds of the people of Hell until he dies doing one of the deeds of the people of Hell and is admitted to Hell thereby[color=#990000] ."

Furthermore, it was actually allah and not Satan who made Adam to sin in the garden of Eden:

Sahih al-Bukhari 6614
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father who disappointed us and turned us out of Paradise.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action which Allah had written in my fate forty years before my creation?'[color=#990000] So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses..

The idea of original sin in the Bible doesn't mean that humans inherited sin from Adam, but that Adam was the original sinner, the first human being to sin and that is why it is called original sin.

In Ezekiel 18 : 14 to 17 it is clearly stated that a righteous man will not die for the sins of his father:

But suppose this sinner has a son. The son sees all the sins that his father does. He is afraid, so he doesn’t do follow in his father's footsteps;

He doesn’t worship idols , He doesn’t dishonor his neighbor’s wife; He doesn’t oppress anyone. He doesn’t keep the security for a loan. He doesn’t rob anyone;

He refuses to hurt the poor. He doesn’t charge interest or make excessive profits. He obeys my rules and lives by my laws. He won’t die for his father’s sins

Actually, you haven't answered anything. Your "prophet" said that a man who is charging excessive interest is doing the same thing as having sexual intercourse with his own mother.

My question was, what activity did your "prophet" take part in before he came to this conclusion?

For example, if I told you that eating Jollof Rice is equivalent to eating Fried Rice, it would be safe for you to assume that I have gone through the experience of eating both Jollof Rice and Fried Rice before I made my decision.

So my question is, what experience did allah's prophet go through before he was able to realize that charging excessive interest is the same thing as having sex with his mother?

Re: How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by mhmsadyq(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

Surah 14.4

whom He wills

Jami' at-Tirmidhi 3075

Al Juhani

Sahih al-Bukhari 6614
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger was telling you about the severity of the sin.

He compared it with you having sex with your mother.
Desist from it!

1 Like

Re: How Did "Prophet" Muhammad Discover This? by GreatAxeMan: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2022
How did allah's prophet know that charging excessive interest is the same thing as having sexual intercourse with his mother?

mhmsadyq:

Allah's Messenger was telling you about the severity of the sin.

He compared it with you having sex with your mother.
Desist from it!

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Doubting Your Salvation / When The Devil Whispers, “Go And Slap That Person” / Using The Name Of God In Vain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.