Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? (399 Views)

Naira Rates Against The Usd, Gbp, Euro Today March 15, 2024 / Shocking Reactions To The Question: Who Is The Central Bank Governor? / Will Bitcoin replace USD as world currency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
You guys we need to wake up. USD has been the world’s currency before I was born and people aren’t talking about it . There’s no God among us, so who made the rule ?

We have 195 countries around the world. Why is the world using one country’s currency as a means of exchange? That’s indirect slavery! Fraudulent act!! It needs to stop.

Russia and china and a few other countries have succeeded in opening a lot of people’s eyes. USA is not in anyway special and we have equal rights as citizens of this world.

1 Like

Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by psychalade: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good morning grin
Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by baylord77(m): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
Stop typing ignorantly.

A sensible investor/nation will only hold a legal tender that can be backed by a strong economy. You hold a currency because it floats according to demand and supply economic principles in a market or economy that is secure.

If the above doesn't hold, then it's a very risky move to hold a currency that can be pegged or fluctuates significantly with a little drift to either side of the demand supply economics.

The outcome may be catastrophic as life savings might be lost.

Now imagine a nation losing its life savings; what is commonly called Reserve.

Even Russia and China have the bulk of their Reserve in Dollar.

You also want to currency that can be easily exchanged and easily accepted.

Can you exchange a sizeable amount of the Russian Ruble or Chinese Yuan in Nigeria?
Oh yes, you can have a million dollars exchanged in Nigeria in a few minutes.

4 Likes

Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by Pierocash(m): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
I made same statement sometime ago. Russia is feeding the west with gas and wheat which stabilizes their economy,but yet,they are using USD to trade with Russia. Isn't that robbery? And when Russia now took their stand that henceforth,only Ruble will be accepted and some western countries like Poland are kicking, come on,what do they mean?

You want to buy from me,and I am telling you to pay me in my own currency and you are insisting it must be a foreign currency,are they alright.

Whether they want it or not, the era of Petrodollar is coming to an end. US is a criminal that has been shortchanging the world for long

Whether the west likes it or not, they must pay Russia in Ruble or see their gas pipe switched off.

4 Likes

Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by jyz200(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2022
USA economy
Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by Segzy22: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
I wonder ooo

Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by Nokio1: 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
Who made Ffk abia state delegate?
Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by sapientia(m): 4:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
People have been trading in world currencies

But USA pushed OPEC to adopt dollars in pricing of Crude

Everyone deals on crude hence the circulation

Aside that, it's the most stable currency due to the economic power of USA

People do not only trust in their economy but also their system

If China never relaxed some of their communist traits, they will never have gotten to where they are

Finally, any stable working economy is a global currency
Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by buckeyemedia: 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
It is a white mans world.
Re: Quick Question!!! Who Made The USD The World’s Currency ? by buckeyemedia: 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
Segzy22:
I wonder ooo
President Richard Nixon in 1973, before that the price of gold was used as the world currency exchange medium, Nixon & the Yankees changed it overnight.

(1) (Reply)

Buy in bulk at the best price Or get goods to sell If you don't have capital / Gtbank Stole Money In My Account Early Today. / How To Get Start With The Amazon KDP Blueprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.