Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,013 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Let's Talk About Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Talk About Heaven (417 Views)

Between Clergyman Mike Bamiloye And A Facebook User Asking About Heaven / 9 Facts About Heaven That Will Surprise You - Randy Alcorn / Shocking!!!! Five Things You Never Knew About Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
Let's Talk about Heaven
by Dale Mason on July 1, 2019

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. . . . I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:3–6)

Christians look forward to heaven, but how much do we really know about it?

Continue reading

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2022
"Two thousand years have passed since the resurrection of Jesus, and myriads of Christians worldwide are “gazing into heaven,” expectantly awaiting his return (Acts 1:10–11). At the same time, powerful super-telescopes continually scan distant star systems looking for evolved, extraterrestrial life in a futile hope to find proof that there is no God."

Continue reading
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by Righthussle: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2022
The only thing I know about heaven is that there are many mansions there. I always think of my own mansion in heaven whether it has pop or whether the doors are golden turkey doors..
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by hopefulLandlord: 9:17am On Apr 03, 2022
good
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2022
Righthussle:

The only thing I know about heaven is that there are many mansions there. I always think of my own mansion in heaven whether it has pop or whether the doors are golden turkey doors..

In My Father's House there are many mansions there..... smiley

Who said that?

To whom?
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On May 03, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

good

What is good?
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:07am On May 04, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Let's Talk about Heaven
by Dale Mason on July 1, 2019

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself, that where I am you may be also. . . . I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:3–6)

Christians look forward to heaven, but how much do we really know about it?

Continue reading

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. . . . I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:3–6)

Two thousand years have passed since the resurrection of Jesus, and myriads of Christians worldwide are "gazing into heaven," expectantly awaiting His return (Acts 1:10–11). At the same time, powerful super-telescopes continually scan distant star systems looking for evolved, extra-terrestrial life in a futile hope to find proof that there is no God.

But God's Word makes clear that we were created to commune with God and have dominion over His creation. We did not spark into life from a primordial soup or stardust without any purpose or plan. We know that the ultimate destination of Christ's followers is the heavenly state of "the new heavens and earth," which we generally refer to as heaven. Yet many of the details about that incredible and mysterious place remain hidden in a spiritual realm. Even the most impressive of telescopes cannot peer beyond the physical limits of our mortal lives.

If we base our expectations about eternity on our current experience in this terribly broken world, we'll be hopelessly wrong. We can't begin to imagine the glories of heaven unless we first consider what the Bible records about life before Adam's sin brought the curse upon creation. If heaven sounds boring, as it does to many people, we will not look forward to the incredible endlessness that begins when the effects of Adam's fall cease.

We need to go back to the Bible. It's the only source of information about our past and future, where sin does not defile God's good purposes. The Creator has always intended for us to enjoy "pleasures forevermore" at His side (Psalm 16:11).

Thankfully, the Bible reveals just the right facts about this otherwise mysterious place, so that we can stay focused on what really matters, both now and for eternity.1
Re: Let's Talk About Heaven by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2022
Heaven Facts

When asked, “What is your biggest question about heaven and hell?” most people would reply, “How do I avoid hell and get to heaven?” On that issue, the Bible is quite clear: we don’t get to heaven by being good because we can’t possibly be good enough. God requires perfection, but he tells us in the third chapter of Romans that all of us have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory. Yet we are not without hope. God made a way!

God sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to take on human form and do everything necessary to ensure that we could have everlasting life—with him, in heaven.

His blood, his grace, his life for ours. Salvation is free. We can’t earn it. The one way to heaven is by repenting of our sins and believing in the gospel of Jesus. All who repent and receive Christ as Lord and Saviour (John 14:6; Romans 10:9–10) will live forever in heaven with our Redeemer and the redeemed people we love.

So then, what do we know about “life” there? What is it like in heaven?

We will live on the perfect new earth in perfect new bodies. We will recognize and be reunited with redeemed loved ones. And we will apparently be able to recognize people we have never seen before, as Peter, James, and John did when they recognized Moses and Elijah at Jesus’ transfiguration (Matthew 17:3). According to 2 Corinthians 5:1, our bodies will be imperishable.

Revelation 21:4 assures us that there will be no more tears, suffering, or death. There will be no envy or selfishness. No injustice, no lying, no possibility of sinning ever again.

Heaven will be even more amazing than God's original creation. First Corinthians 13:9–12 makes it clear that we cannot adequately imagine what it might be like: “For we know in part . . . but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. . . . For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known." And Revelation 21:4 reveals that once we are in the new heavens and new earth, “neither shall there be pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." As Helen Lemmel wrote in her worship song “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus," the things of life on the present earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace.

The Bible mentions its many mansions, splendid music, plentiful foods, and crystal-clear water. But heaven is not just a huge city park where we sit around doing nothing all day. For instance, there will be joy-filled work. The late evangelist Billy Graham wrote that, "In heaven, we'll never grow weary or tired, like we do here. When Adam and Eve rebelled against God, from that moment on work became a burden for the whole human race (see Genesis 3:17–19). But in heaven, that curse will be lifted, and work will no longer be a burden. Instead, it will be a joy!"2

The book of Revelation shares that there will be amazing, talking creatures (4:8–9, 5:13, 8:13). Creation researcher John Morris writes that, “just as Adam was to ‘tend’ the Garden, we may have the privilege of exploring and showcasing [God’s] stellar handiwork . . . giving glory to him in all."3 And it is possible that every moment in heaven will be eternally fresh and new to us, like the marriage honeymoon of a valiant groom and his beautifully attired bride. God may continually reveal inexhaustible splendours and details, ever stirring us to euphoric, delight-filled worship!

To understand the essentials of what happens when people pass into the afterlife, we must simply read what the Bible clearly states.

Continue reading

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jesus' Resurrection Was Physical / What Does It Mean When They Say That Jesus Christ Is The Son Of God? / DRILL Your BOREHOLES In 2hrs (ABUJA) FCT, Our Site VIDEOS, Pictures...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.