Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,362 members, 7,846,564 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF (355 Views)

Serbia Explains Refusal To Join Russia Sanctions / Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia / West Feeling Impact Of Russia Sanctions Too As Oil And Gas Prices Soar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF by Teaser4(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2022
The restrictive measures could propel the formation of smaller currency trade deals.

Sanctions against Russia could undermine the global dominance of the US dollar, according to Gita Gopinath, the first deputy managing director of the International Monetary Fund.

“The dollar would remain the major global currency even in that landscape but fragmentation at a smaller level is certainly quite possible,” Gopinath said in an interview with the Financial Times on Wednesday.

She added that some countries are already renegotiating the currency in which they are paid for trade. Russia and India are currently preparing a rupee-ruble mechanism which would allow them to trade in national currencies while evading the dollar.

According to Gopinath, the radical restrictive measures introduced by Western countries amid Russia’s military operation in Ukraine could lead to the emergence of small currency blocs based on trade between individual groups of countries. Furthermore, the use of currencies other than the dollar or the euro in global trade would lead to further diversification of the reserve assets held by national central banks.

https://www rt com/business/553027-russia-sanctions-us-dollar-imf/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF by sapientia(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2022
Hahahahaha'

RT news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF by baralatie(m): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2022
undecided
From rt.com that is a first
Re: Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2022
sapientia:
Hahahahaha'

RT news

https://www.farsnews.ir/en/news/14010111000515/IMF-Warns-Ani-Rssia-Sancins-May-Weaken-US-Dllar
At least this is not Rt, so their media is afraid to report it? They have not seen anything yet. Pikin wey say e mama no go sleep!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-russia Sanctions May Weaken The US Dollar – IMF by Teaser4(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2022
princeeze1:

https://www.farsnews.ir/en/news/14010111000515/IMF-Warns-Ani-Rssia-Sancins-May-Weaken-US-Dllar
At least this is not Rt, so their media is afraid to report it? They have not seen anything yet. Pikin wey say e mama no go sleep!
you get time bro, so na bbc and cnn I go Dey read news, when my brain no Dey leak…. I don’t even watch their channels nor check their websites, I only do foxnews once in a while, pick my interests and skip others…

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine's Richest Man Vows To Rebuild Besieged Mariupol / Floods In South Africa / Russia Pummels Ukraine's Sumy Region With 50 Blasts In Half An Hour:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.