Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Why Nigerians Go Abroad to Study and Elites Travel Out - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Go Abroad to Study and Elites Travel Out (436 Views)

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Go Abroad to Study and Elites Travel Out by BigBashiru: 10:46am On Apr 01, 2022
I posted this as a response to someone else, but realized Nigerians might benefit from it so reposting it here. Not trying to discourage anyone from travelling out - the economy is bad and there is insecurity... but dont lose touch when you go because the country might become better some day.

Response
The primary objective of colonization was not theft of resources but to convince the black man and native Americans that he is inferior to them. When James Cook and the first colonialists arrived in Canada in 1442, they declared native Americans "savages". similarly, when the colonialists came to Africa, they declared Africans "monkeys"... they have continued the concept till this day using terms like "third world", "shit hole", "sub saharan africa" etc...

the educational curriculum is colonial and raises people to be white worshippers....

Because the president and co are already brainwashed with inferiority (no forget say president na human being too), thats why they go buy houses and build assets in those countries, thats why a nigerian with a phd will quit his or her job in Jos, Nigeria and go and become a toilet cleaner in spain, thats why Nigerians sell their businesses and leave good jobs in Nigeria to go and take mediocre jobs in UK and USA, that is why our leaders submit to anything the Western leaders tell them, thats why african countries export their raw materials to western europe and reimport finished products... its all in the mind...
Re: Why Nigerians Go Abroad to Study and Elites Travel Out by stunnert(m): 11:33am On Apr 01, 2022
What about we that go there to do business and invest ?
Re: Why Nigerians Go Abroad to Study and Elites Travel Out by BigBashiru: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
stunnert:
What about we that go there to do business and invest ?

To be honest this sounds like a much better idea.... Doing business and investment abroad is a good idea... or going there to live for a couple of years just to experience a different environment. If we are leaving Nigeria, we should be leaving as equals that want to go there because we want and can not because we have a mentality that nigeria is inferior.

One more point: This colonial brainwashing and inferiority complex also explains why Nigerian's leave good private schools in Nigeria and Africa to waste thousands of dollars studying "abroad"

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Saying Goodbye To Tokyo's TINIEST Shop | Akihabara / Kadua-abuja Expressway Block / Ottawa Reveals Plan To Welcome *500,000 Immigrants A Year* By 2025

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.