Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) (2383 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Our Love Story By Nerd51 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
CHAPTER ONE
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

ONE WEEK

“I love you” Silver smiled wholeheartedly as she gazed at his brown eyes
“And I love you too Silver, more than you can ever imagine” Yomi placed her hands on his chest and squeezed them tightly but softly and spoke tenderly “no matter how I try, my heart never stops racing whenever I’m with you. I literally think about you with every day that passes by, I smile even just at the mention of your name. You make me feel whole, complete…so elated…” he took a deep breath in as he was lost for words. His hands left mine and curbed my face “I don’t want us to end, I want to go to bed each day with you and then wake up the next morning, laying a kiss on your head and offering you the best breakfast in bed service” I couldn’t help but cough a laugh with tears now swirling in my eyes…my lips failed me to speak but my heart spoke loudly because of his words, but it didn’t seem like he was done “…I want to kiss you and tell you countless times of how beautiful you are and how amazing you make me feel, I want to hold your hands and your waist even when we walk by the road side so I could tell those other guys that gaze at you that you belong to me and no one else, I want to put a ring on your finger so even your parents would know… I want them to know that I am serious with you Silver…”

“Yomi…” I didn’t know when his name left my lips softy accompanied with streaming tears. I lifted my hands to touch his soft face, I coughed a painful laugh. He took my hand off his faced and kissed them along with his tears, he avoided my eyes but I needed to see his. I lifted his face back up and I smiled again painfully, he cleaned my tears with his broad and soft hands that prompted me into closing my eyes to feel the texture even more

“I don’t want to see you cry” he said as he cleaned my tears that wouldn’t stop streaming down “it saddens and weakens me”

I gazed at him and responded “they are happy tears my love…happiness that can only be expressed through tears. These tears shouldn’t weaken you my love, they should strengthen you, strengthen us, we can make it through, we just need time”

“we never have time bunny” Yomi was fond of the nickname he gave Silver “three years feels just like yesterday, time is never on our side bunny, time is never enough”

“I’m sorry…” Silver couldn’t help but apologize. She felt guilty. She felt like the cause of their separation. She didn’t want to let go of Yomi, he meant a lot to her, he was more like the breath she took that kept her alive and sane, he was the only good in her bad days, she loved him so much and this separation affected her as much as it affected him, but she couldn’t stop but apologize

“I am really sorry Yomi…I am so sorry”

Yomi lifted her head up to meet her gaze, her eyes were now swollen from all the crying, He really hated seeing her cry, his heart ached painfully, he couldn’t help but hold her closer and leaned downwards.

Silver’s continuous apology where held back by Yomi’s lips. Her tears still didn’t give up even as she kissed him back, she still felt so much guilty for causing him this much pain but what more could she do, didn’t they say love was all about sacrifice, but it didn’t daunt the fact that this sacrifice was both heart drenching and piercing.

Yomi’s kiss deepened as it made her feel light headed, her heart drummed so loud that her ears could hear its rhythm explicitly. He kissed her softly and passionately, their tears mixed into their lips but no one was ready to let go, they kissed like it was their last and they wanted it to be remembered. They didn’t care if anyone would walk into the tennis court yard, their emotions had taken the best of them and they were willful. Yomi drew her closer, obstructing even the air from passing through their midst, both had stop crying but their hearts drummed simultaneously and hard, they both began to sweat like there was no ventilation in the room.

Silver felt like her head was going to explode and her body would catch fire if she doesn’t stop. Apparently, Yomi didn’t seem like he was stopping anything soon, so she had to save herself from this feeling that she couldn’t explain

She jotted her head downwards and like a tiny opening of a door, a cool fresh air blew in between them. Both tried to catch their breaths and feel the breeze that seemed to be absent moments ago

“One week” Yomi quickly spoke when he suspected Silver wanted to talk

“Wh…wh…at?” Silver was still feeling light headed and hot from the kiss and still tried catching her breath, she didn’t quite get what he said, so she asked

“One week with you” Yomi answered “we damn every consequence, every person, every relative, every problem or obstacle bunny, just one week, just the two of us, no bad thoughts, no past, no future, just the present-one week”

“But… how…? Yomi my…”

“Please bunny” His eyes pleaded with so much emotion.

Yomi is the emotional type that couldn’t hold his emotions at times. Silver has never seen a man like him in all her years, he was exceptional, unique, ever loving, protective, he was an epitome of beauty in the likeness of men she had ever come across, Yomi was everything Silver wanted in a man, she had waited 20years of her life to find such a man and now that he was right in front of her, she was letting him go.
She felt so guilty gazing at him as he kept on laying out words for her to see sense and reason to his request. His eyes were becoming red all over again as the tears began to gather. She cursed herself for making a man in his twenties cry like a baby. She didn’t deserve him and she knew it from the start, but she was ready to be selfish since it was him, but how could she make things right…?

“Okay” she muttered quietly but he heard her clearly and he responded with an immediate cheerful grin that made her heart melt. He drew her into a long lasting embrace. She couldn’t help but think if their decision was a good idea; would it make their separation a lot easier or much harder? Would she even be able to let go of this wonderful creation? Would he be able to handle their separation? She sighed heavily as she surrendered her thoughts. What’s the worst that can happen with just a week more?

To be continued…
You can continue to follow this series on
My Whatsapp group chat through this link
https:///LuhHbwv1NuADfDWEozdWX3
Or through my Facebook page @ Peebee creative work
Feel free to comment, like, follow and share this series,
With no act of plagiarism

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
CHAPTER TWO

OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

LET HER GO

ONE WEEK LATER

Yomi gazed at his handsome reflection through the mirror. He was looking exquisite and he knew it, even the early morning sun concurred with him as its ray shone on him from the window blades. An admiring smirk appears on his face as he buttons his sleeves. He looked so good on long sleeves as Silver would always compliment him. He made his hair last night to a curly texture as Silver would always like, he wore the vintage sleeves she had got for him for his birthday a month ago along with a pair of dark blue jeans. She had also got him a pair of white shoe slides; he chuckled as her love for whites encroached his thoughts. He went to the drawer nearby and took out the valentine gift she had also gotten for him, he couldn’t help the smile that was often on his face as he wore the gifted wrist watch- it was all Silver, the shining star in his life, she never failed to make him laugh and today they were going to see each other again. It was the seventh day they had together, the previous six days were perfect, they also planned on making today exceptional, and they were going out again. Although today was the end of their ‘one week’ but they were still going to be care free about tomorrow and the other days to come. Today was all that mattered

He picked up his phone and speed dialed her line, and the phone was answered immediately

“Hey bunny…Where…?” Yomi was cut short

“Who is this?” a male voice responded

Yomi was taken aback by the responder, the male voice sounded like he was in his twenties… Yomi didn’t want to over think things so he just responded plainly

“I’m silver’s friend, please who am I speaking with, I would like to talk…”

“She can’t speak with you” the male voice cut Yomi short yet again

“Wh…?” Yomi tried to ask a question but was again cut short

“Don’t call this line again” He hanged up

Yomi was dumbfounded after the hang up “excuse me” He spoke to the hanged up call confused at what just happened

He wanted to call again but was interrupted by an incoming call. It was Stephanie, Silver’s closest friend

“Hi Yomi” Stephanie spoke quietly and soberly

“What’s wrong Stephanie, I just tried reaching Silver and…”

“That’s the thing…” Stephanie interrupted Yomi. He drew an angry expression on his face as everyone seemed to be cutting him short today but he took a deep breath and listened “you can’t reach Silver again”

“What do you mean I can’t reach Silver again” he retorted confused and angry

“I mean you can’t talk to her again, you shouldn’t bother, you should…I think you should just leave her alone. You guys shouldn’t have gone on with this one week thing in the first place...”

Yomi wasn’t shocked that Stephanie knew about the one week decision they made. Silver was always fond of telling her best friend everything and obviously this wasn’t an exception

“Stephanie you aren’t making any sense, did something happen…did her family find out?”

“Yomi just please..." Stephanie took a deep breath to calm her nerves before she continued "a week has gone, congrats, you did your one week thing already, now please, just leave her alone, Silver is going through a lot. And you in her life, you’re just going to cause her more pain. So please, let her go. She wouldn’t want to see you anymore, so just let her be. She’s not the only girl in the world, there are others, you both knew from the start that this wasn’t a good idea, but you both still foolishly dived into your relationship and now there’s a lot going on that even I don’t want you two together anymore”

“Steph…” Yomi couldn’t complete the words from his lips as he broke down in tears, he didn’t know what to think or say

“please don’t call her again, and even if you see her anywhere which I hope you don’t, don’t approach her, don’t talk to her, avoid her as much as you can, if you really love her, which I know you really do, just let Silver go” She hanged up

Yomi flopped to the ground dejected and confused with his phone shattered beside him. He felt like he was running out of air, he roughly unbuttoned his shirt, but he still couldn’t breathe well, he began to sweat all over, he felt like the walls were closing in on him. Everything he wore began to feel too tight and stuffy. He kept on trying to hold his tears back in but it felt like he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win, he angrily removed the wrist watch Silver had bought for him, the more he looked at it, the more the anger, hatred, bitterness, deception, wickedness of life creep into his chest. He hit his chest hard like he was being suffocated and when he couldn’t hold it in anymore…

“Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!” He let out the scream of the century

To be continued…

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 8:11am On Apr 05, 2022
CHAPTER THREE
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU
THE PRANK
YOMI’S P.O.V

It was happening again...

“…hey I said I am sorry, it was just a prank”

I looked at Silver with an angry face, feeling more infuriated by her statement

“Honestly, I’m sorry” she raised her hands up like she surrendered “it was wrong of me to have teased or prank you and I’m sorry. I know I go overboard sometimes…” I gave her a stare “okay maybe a little more than sometimes “I gave her a raised eye brow “fine! I go overboard a lot, but that’s because I love you, I don’t prank people I don’t love this much you know”

“Well your love is way too costly” I stood up from my couch and went over to the kitchen and she followed

“Common babe…” she tried to patronize me attempting a back hug

“Don’t common babe me” I pulled away from her grip, “do you even know what I went through.” I poured in a cold glass of water for myself and headed back to the sitting room. “I almost cried when I…”

“What!?” she exclaimed and tried to suppress her laugh but couldn’t hold it in

“It’s not funny” I sipped my glass of water

“How can that not be funny” she said amidst her laughter “how can a 24year old grown ass man, almost cry because of a harmless prank” she continued laughing

“It’s not your fault, I was the one that fell for it” I sighed and turned my gaze away from her

It was silent for a while then I looked back at her and saw her staring with a cute face at me

“What?”

I couldn’t help but ask. Then she bit her lower lip and came closer. I raised my brows because I became confused at the new turn up. She sat on my lap with her knee, bent, and then she leaned lower and kissed me

“I am sorry” were the words that came out from her lips after she pulled away leaving me in a wanting state

“I’m sorry, I prank you so hard” she spoke with a baby voice looking all cute in front of me “I’m sorry I almost made you cry. That wasn’t nice of me. I shouldn’t make my man cry especially because of a prank”

“Ummhumm” I concurred with a humming sound

“You didn’t even welcome me with a hug” she changed her expression to that of a sad baby face “someone you haven’t seen for a week, I hope you know I travelled all the way here to visit you, my parents aren’t even aware”

“Did I force you to come” I responded cunningly

“Babe!?” she yelled

“I miss you” I tried to pacify her “I missed you so much and I’m happy you came to visit even if it’s just for two days” I imprinted a tight peck on her cheek

A blushing smile appeared all over her face “prove it” she said

“Well… I have two ways in mind and you can only pick one” I said with a teasing smile

“Yeesh why one” after giving it a thought, she gave in “what are you offering?”

“First” I said drawing her closer by her waist “I need something…”

To be continued…
My Whatsapp group chat through this link https:///LuhHbwv1NuADfDWEozdWX3

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 8:13am On Apr 05, 2022
Hello everyone � pls note that post of each chapter will be done throughout the week days by 12pm�. Thank u
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:05pm On Apr 05, 2022
CHAPTER FOUR
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

SHE HAS MOVED ON

YOMI’S POV

I opened my eyes and my sight was blurry. I sat up straight and cleaned my tears. I headed for the bathroom. I gazed at my expressionless reflection. I took out my tooth brush, put on some paste in it and brushed my teeth.

I took a shower and went back to my reflection. It’s been six month since I last saw Silver. Six months since the dreams started. Six months waking up always with teary eyes. The memories kept creeping in.

I got myself ready for work and headed for the bus.

Taking a seat inside the bus, memories came rushing through my head once more. No matter how I tried to evade them, they just kept coming involuntarily.

I looked out through the window and I went down the memory lane of my previous dream. I remembered how Silver loved to prank hard. She had pranked me a day before she returned from her travel that she was waiting for me at the front of my apartment. I was so thrilled that she was finally back and she decided I would be the first person she wanted to see immediately she returned. I was both elated and flabbergasted that I left my cooking in the kitchen and hurried off the gate to give her a grand welcoming, but to my demise, it was just one of her pranks just to know my reaction.

I noticed a faint sad smile appear on my face through the window reflection and as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared.

I alighted the bus when I got to my destination. My place of work was just few meters away. Unlike before, I had preferred getting on a bike but for the past six months, a few meters walk away was the only time I could feel the natural breeze.

Stepping out of my apartment apart from work related issues lately has been on the negative for me because everything I see and come cross always reminded me of Silver. I had induced myself to doing all my chores as a form of distraction, not that it helped any ways. The only thing I exempted myself from doing was handling my groceries which Orahachi, my next door neighbor, helped me out with.

*bump

“Oh my God I am so sorry” a lady who had bumped into me started apologizing remorsefully

My head was still hung low without an expression or a word from my lips to her. I watched her as she bent low to pick up my bag from the floor. It seemed she was on a call, because she kept on apologizing and telling the person on the phone about the scene at the same time.

I stood there this emotionless about the whole scene. She finally stood up and our eyes met. We were both bewildered when we recognized ourselves

“Yomi!” the lady blotted out in shock

“Stephanie!” I muttered

“Oh shit!” she immediately hanged up her call “here” she handed my bag over to me “sorry” and she jittered away

Immediately I snapped back and ran after her “Stephanie!” but she didn’t respond. I caught up to her and grabbed her hand

“What is it Yomi!” she snapped her hand out of my grip

“I… I… am sorry. I didn’t me…mean to rude” I stuttered in confusion

“What do you want Yomi?”

“Com’n Stephanie, don’t act like you don’t know. I am going crazier with each passing day.

Stephanie looked at me with pitiful eyes but seconds after she shook her head back from her trance “I’m sorry about your present state Yomi, probably you need therapy”

I snapped in anger “therapy…?!” I was dumbfounded by Stephanie’s behavior. Never would I concur with anyone that Stephanie would ever treat me like this, she was suppose to have my back in matters that concern my relationship with Silver, she always had, what happened!? “I want Silver, Stephanie, Silver is my Therapy don’t you get it!”

“Well I’m Sorry Yomi, but I don’t know where Silver is.”

“What the hell do you mean you don’t know where Silver is, are you not her best friend, aren’t you supposed to be her twin or something?”

“Yes I am, but that doesn’t change the fact that I still don’t know where Silver is.”

She attempted once again to move but she was in awe at the stunt Yomi pulled next

“Yomi what the heck are you doing, we are in public for crying out loud” Stephanie began to panic as they were attracting attention

I was on my knees and my tears accompanied my words involuntarily “Stephanie I beg of you, help me here. For the past six months I have been living like a dead man walking, whenever I open my eyes all I see around are traces of Silver and when I try to block them, she creeps in my dreams. For the past six months, I have woken up with tears; I have isolated myself completely from the world. Please have mercy on this worthless man on his knees before you and tell me where I can find my Silver…”

Stephanie was still astonished by what was going on right before her very eyes. They had already gathered a huge crowd that was now taking pictures and records of the scene. Many had started muttering one thing or the other, asking questions among themselves, all eyes were now on her, she felt trapped

“Yomi please get up” she said softly helping me up “I am truly and deeply sorry about what you are going through right now, and believe me I wish I can help and make things easier for you…”I looked at her hoping the next words she would let out would be something that could help me “but I truly don’t know where she is right now, and even if I did, she won’t see you the way you see her anymore, she has moved on with her life Yomi and I think it’s pastime you did too..”

“I…I… don’t understand, wha…what are you saying”

“Yomi I am saying Silver doesn’t love you anymore, she has someone else that’s seems promising in her life with a future. Please just let her be and stop calling, asking or looking for her, it’s becoming irritating”. I am sorry Yomi”

I tried saying something but she had already left

I was everything but sane at this moment
To be continued…

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
CHAPTER FIVE
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU
JEMIMA
ONE YEAR LATER

“Dad, mum, this is Jemima, my high school classmate” Yomi introduced

“Good afternoon ma, good afternoon sir” Jemima prostrated nicely to please the Yoruba parents even if she was from an Ebira tribe

“Good afternoon my dear” Yomi’s dad responded

“Oh my darling, a very good afternoon to you” Yomi’s mum said pleased “do have a seat” she said at last

“So high school classmate huh…” Yomi’s father gave his son a wink which made Jemima blush

“Dad…” Yomi said embarrassed. He didn’t bother having a seat along with Jemima when his mum offered; he wasn’t even interested in this whole scenario. He just wanted to get his parents off his back so he just brought anyone to them.

They had been complaining that he was too isolated. They wanted him to mingle and also at least he won’t be single. They just didn’t like seeing their son in a pitiful state, although he told them several times he wasn’t in a relationship, he indirectly told them he wants to become a celibate and this disturbed them a lot

He headed for his room “where are you going” Yomi’s mum questioned

“To my room, you asked for a guest and I brought you one. It was a long drive coming here and it’s gonna be another going back tomorrow morning so I need to conserve my strength”

“Going back tomorrow morning?!” Yomi’s mum exclaimed “aren’t you staying till Sunday?”

“Young man you are being disrespectful” Yomi’s dad proclaimed

Yomi sighed without remorse and turned towards Jemima “try to feel at home” he gave her an unrealistic smile “I’ll be in my room when you are ready to leave. Excuse me everyone” He said and exited towards his room

Everyone was dumbfounded at what just happened, never has Yomi been seen as rude and unaccommodating, this was all new especially to Jemima who was mostly embarrassed. She had left her home excited after gisting her friends about Yomi’s invite to see his parents. She had thought he had finally succumbed to her and the feelings she had always had for him. Although they had dated once when they were much younger, but they broke up due to the distance as they both schooled in separate states, but her feelings never died. They had been in touch and when he called asking if she would like to meet his parents, she thought he was making an attempt on taking things to the next level.

She bought a lovely dress and asked her friends to work on her appearance to please his parents especially him, but couldn’t understand what just played out

She felt angry and also full of shame, she thought of so many things to do, she wasn’t just gonna let this guy treat her like trash.

She got up and walked hastily and furiously towards Yomi’s room. She damned his parents that called after her but they didn’t follow. When she got into the room she met Yomi lying face up with his hand on his fore head. His eyes were closed and didn’t notice when she got in

“How dare you!?” Jemima said in a yell

Yomi’s eyes where forced open at the sound of her voice. His forehead had squeezed expressing his anger and irritation “what is wrong with you” he spoke irritated but with a sober tone

Jemima scoffed “did you just have the effrontery to ask ‘what is wrong with me’. How dare you embarrass me this much Yomi? Do you know what it took me to look this good for you? Do you know how much I have ranted about my visit to your parents to my friends? Why do you freaking choose to humiliate me like this?”

“What the heck are you talking about Jemima because you are beginning to get on my nerves” Yomi growled at her

Jemima laid out a bitter sad laugh “that is the problem; I always seem to get on your nerve. Why did you bring me to your parents in the first place?! I thought you were finally looking at me the same way I did to you; I thought you finally wanted to get back together because I never wanted us apart in the first place. I have been waiting for five whole years, thinking you would finally love me the same way I loved you…”

“You need to go home” Yomi cut her short. He stood up from his bed already fed up with her nonsense

“No! Yomi I am going nowhere, do your worst” Jemima was obstinate but Yomi was persistent. He held her hand attempting to drag her out of the house but she refused with all her might making a huge scene.

“Let go of me” Jemima was annoyingly reluctant to live “you brought me here to introduce to your parenst and you must introduce me to them as your girlfriend!”

Yomi was getting more infuriated as he seemed to have lost his patience and when she started hitting him continuously and aggressively he raised his hands to give her a hot slap
“Jemima!”

“Huh huh ma, sir” Jemima rushed out of her trance. She saw herself still seated in the same posture she was when Yomi left for his room. She saw his parents staring at her confused.

They have been calling out her name since she feel into a trance; imagining the worst scenario that could take place if she had angrily follow Yomi to his room

“Are you okay my dear, you seem pale” Yomi’s mum asked

“No I mean yes I…I am fine ma”

“You can go inside to Yomi’s room…” Yomi’s mum suggested “make him understand that he shouldn’t treat a beautiful lady like yourself with disrespect”

“Huh” Jemima was stunned. She wondered if this woman was suggesting her death sentence or did she not like her. “Oh there won’t be need for that, I am actually going to take my leave now” Jemima said as she took her bag and stood up

“Ahah, stay a little longer” Yomi’s father persisted “I will go talk to him and make him come out”

The old man attempted to do just as he said and Jemima panicked “oh no sir, no need. He must be tired like he said, he had a long trip coming here and probably having another tomorrow, he should rest.”

“Okay then, but you would come visit some other time right?” Yomi’s mum asked. She didn’t want to lose this chance of getting rid of her son’s idea of celibacy

“Mmm…mmm yes I will” heck no, I’m done chasing after Yomi Jemima thought to herself. “Good bye ma, Good bye sir

To be continued…

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
CHAPTER SIX
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

COWARD

Memories… they were everywhere as Yomi stared at his room. Just a step into this room and they came flooding into Yomi’s head.

“I can bet that with all your work outs, having a pot belly isn’t far from you” Silver laughed at her tease.

It was her first time in his room 3years ago. Yomi was still living under his parents but neither of his parents where home that day. Their relationship was still hidden from everyone around them except the ones they considered their closest friends. Yomi had finally brought her into his room as she insisted on knowing what his room looked like.

At that moment of his reminisce, Yomi was staring at his reflection admiring his biceps as his singlet hugged his upper body when Silver made her comment while staring at him from the bed side

“What!” Yomi said amusingly surprised “you are such a hater”

“Hah” you wish I was lying and you know it” she said proudly

“For your information young lady, if I should remove my top, you would drool and beg me not to put them back on”

“Prideeeee…I’m not surprised about it” She teased even more “but why don’t you surprise me with a proof and not just words”

Yomi knew she was acting cunny, he knew what she was up to and he willingly fell for it. He took off his shirt and Silver was literally star struck.

Of course he was right; she would beg him not to put his shirt back on. She quickly closed her lips when she realized it was a bit open. She gulped in saliva as she continued to stare at his perfect physique, he was indeed well sculptured. His shoulders were broad and alluring, his chest was just the prefect resting place for a good hug. Moving her yes down, she had gulped saliva yet again, she didn’t seem to notice that she was now standing in close proximity with him. She had walked over to him and covered up the distance between them.

Her eyes were still fixed on his body, it felt like it called out to her and before she knew it, her hands were all over him, scrutinizing and exploring every corner of his upper body

“I can see you drooling” Yomi said with a smile

He had caught her attention and she was now looking at him still with her lips frozen in a slightly opened state and her hands still on his chest.

She couldn’t utter a word. Her present state allured him and he couldn’t resist his want for her lips and instantly he drew her nearer and pressed his lips against hers

She didn’t hold back and neither did he. She kissed him with every passion he had aroused in her and it pleased him. Slowly they walked closer to the bed till she fell on it, her heart raced speedily, never has a man ever come this close to her before. It was her first time in his room and her first time on his bed. It was all a ‘first’ feeling. Of course she was scared as she watched him advance closer with a seductive smile, but his lips on hers once again made her feel at ease all of a sudden.

His hands caressed her curves and she felt every bit of it. He drew her closer like she wasn’t close enough to him, he wanted more of her, everything about Silver attracted Yomi every single time and never could he deny that fact. Now she was in his arms, on his bed, willingly, craving for him as much as he did for her, it was perfect but still, there was a limit to his craving, he had made sure of that.

He loved Silver too much to hurt her or cause her any trauma. Taking away her pride the wrong way is what he would never do, even right now…, but all this were at the back of his mind, he wanted to enjoy the moment since she didn’t restrict him.

His hands went down her legs and up her belly. He kissed her deeply like he had been waiting for too long. Yet he wasn’t rough on her. Silver on the other hand went with the flow, her whole body was in wonder land and she didn’t want to leave. Although the thought of someone walking in on them still scared her, but she didn’t have the guts to let go as her body and lips wanted more and more, but when his hands headed towards her breast, she quickly let go

They both looked at each other awkwardly before Yomi broke the silence “I’m sorry, I…”

“It’s fine” she said avoiding eye contact while adjusting her body. He had understood she was uncomfortable so he moved backwards and lay beside her

The atmosphere was still quiet before she broke it “just imagine your dad and mum walked in on us”

“What!” Yomi exclaimed as he quickly looked towards the door “why would you even want to imagine such a thing” and they both busted into laughter again

“We would be so dead meat” Silver said as she continued to laugh “I will just pick my things and tip toe away. You are on your own”

“Coward Yomi exclaimed

“Whatever” they both laughed again

Yomi was now sitting on the bed and caressing the sheets still with his ongoing thoughts He sighed heavily with an angry expression.

“Coward” He muttered and fell backwards on the bed with his hands on his head.

He remembered how they talked about trivial matters while still on the bed. She lay on top of him as they laughed and talked. They were carefree of what the world would say about them. He remembered how she laughed so hard when he tickled her that day; she had obviously forgotten what people would say about their love being an abomination.

He remembered the fun things they did together, using his sister’s makeup on his face. How she laughed so hard about making him look like a hideous creature. He remembered their dance into a slow jazz…

Tears rolled down his eyes as he remembered every kiss they shared, the couple pictures they took together which he had now deleted.

“ARRRRHHHH” He groaned.

He hates her, he hates her so much. He knew it was high time he moved on, it's been way too freaking long for him to keep holding on to nothing.

To be continued…

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
If u seem to enjoy the novel so far...pls do drop a comment here or u can also join the WhatsApp group chat so u can see who u share opinions with in the fam group by sending a text to my dm via my WhatsApp contact 08160209971...Thank u
From the author
#smiley face
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
CHAPTER SEVEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

DEJA VU

“…hmmmm… what question do I ask you now?” Biyi thought to himself

Silver watched her friend think of a question to ask. They have been playing the ‘Truth or Dare’ game for over 30minutes. They had both dared and asked every possible thing they could think of, so obviously he was out of questions but just when she thought he was, he surprised her with one

“Tell me about your last relationship, something juicy” Biyi asked with a curious smile

“Amebo (a nosy person)” she said smiling and tried to recur. She sighed at the thought before responding “well… I guess it was fine. Although we broke up because things couldn’t work out for us, I guess…look its complicated, I don’t know, it happened months ago, I can’t remember vividly things that happened” she tried to wave the thought off quickly

“Okay good enough for me, I won’t pressure on. Your turn” Biyi said

SILVER”S POV

“Truth or Dare?” I asked Biyi

“Dare”

I was out of dares or even questions and I was already getting bored with the game. I planned on quitting the game after an extra round before I head home; I wouldn’t want to stay out too long before mum starts worrying again

“Honestly I’m all out… Okay I have one. Recite the English alphabet from z-a”

“That should be easy” He said with so much confidence.

I laughed at him inwardly just waiting to burst out my laughter when he finally messes up and he did.

“You thought it’s that easy right, you didn’t know it’s tricky” I laughed at my childhood friend who felt embarrassed

“Oh so you know I’d fail and you still told me to do it, you will pay for this”

I scoffed a laugh at his threat “do your worst, when you were exhibiting over confidence few minutes ago, should I have bustedt your bubbles” I continued laughing

“Truth or dare” he asked

“Hmmm...?” I was pretty bored already so I went for a dare so I could do something to shake myself off the boredom

“Dare”

Biyi smiled weirdly that got me suspicious of him “what are you thinking” I asked curiously “you better not make me drink toilet water or something

“Naaa it’s something better”

“Which is?” I asked

“I dare you to kiss me” he finally responded after he hesitated a bit

“What!?” I was stunned “you are joking right?”

“I am not, I thought of spicing things up a bit and if you can’t, you know the consequences

“But there aren’t any consequences” I said

“Exactly” he teased

I have always known Biyi had always had feelings for me for years now, but I never thought he would go this far.

“I can’t” I finally said

“Why not?”

“Because…” I really didn’t know what to say “well because, we aren’t even dating. Won’t you feel weird about it?”

“Com’n, it’s not like you are kissing a total stranger or something and you are doing this because you were dared, so chill. Nothing to it”

His words tried to make me feel comfortable with it and what the heck though. It’s not like I was dating someone presently, besides, it’s only gonna be a short kiss because I was dared, like he said, nothing to it

“Close your eyes” I told him. He smiled and then obeyed. I gazed at his lips and took in a deep breath before I drew closer and kissed him. It was a slight kiss on the lip but then he made his own little move on me, I quickly drew back and gulped down saliva.

My heart pounded fast and heavy all of a sudden and the atmosphere became quite and weird. I tried as much as possible to avoid eye contact with him but instead he took hold of my chin and pressed his lips on mine.

Immediately I got swept away. I was dumbfounded but also taken in the moment. Biyi had made me lean on the sofa handle and was already on top of me, he kissed me with so much hunger, force and passion. He kissed me like I had starved him for years with no mercy, his hands were all over me and my head was on cloud nine. I was no longer in charge of my body as i went with the flow.

I kissed Biyi with the same passion he handed down to me and suddenly I started having faint flashes in my head like this had happened before but on the bed. Probably my past relationships and my brain was doing some comparison for me. I didn’t mind.

Biyi took his shirt off, and I saw his bare skin. Damn he has a good body. He leaned downwards for my lips again but this time, he had now reduced the force he started with, this time, he kissed me gently with love and care. He suddenly went for my neck and showered it with multiple kisses, my body felt like it was on fire, I felt inner heat and my heart just couldn’t stop pounding rapidly. His hands went under my top and he caressed my bare skin, I needed air but I wasn’t ready to push him away then he went back to my lips. Just when I thought I was trapped in his arms he reached for my breast and like my reflexes suddenly came alive, I pushed him away with great force that he landed on the floor.

“I have to go” I said without hesitation. I looked for my bag and dashed off. I didn’t even wait to hear an apology or an excuse what so ever. I was lucky enough to see a cab just immediately and I got in without a second thought.

“Silverrr!!!” I called out my name stumping my head with my hand continuously inside the cab “what got into you? Are you a LovePeddler?”

“Wait, why am I feeling like a LovePeddler” I thought to myself “I didn’t sleep with him neither am I dating someone, it’s not like I cheated or something…but still Silverrr! This is so messed up!” I said aloud. Once again some unclear scenarios began trooping into my head again. “What sort of Deja vu is this…?

To be continued…

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hey guys, so we are done uploading chapters for this week till Monday, but I would like to know we are following and that u like the novel so far so I can know if to continue uploading next week. Thank u
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:09am On Apr 12, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHT
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

GETTING OVER HIM

SILVER’S POV

I couldn’t help but stare at the ceiling fan in my room since I came back home. I couldn’t even eat. I just kept on having strange flashes and my head kept on hurting so bad whenever I had a flash.

“Ahhhahhhh” I threw tantrums on my bed. “You are freaking nuts. You shouldn’t have kissed him, what is wrong with you!” I hit my head in regret.

I sat up all confused and frustrated, then memories of the kiss came back to my head. I suddenly felt myself biting my lower lip in pleasure and immediately I slapped myself “are you out of your senses?!”

“Argghhh” I collapsed back face down on my pillow “I guess this makes me a ‘cheetah” (NOTE: Cheetah implies the use of pun in place of cheater)

“Huh” I raised my head up in confusion ‘why did I just call myself a cheetah’ I thought. Suddenly my phone rang

“Hey girl, how far?” the caller said

I didn’t look at the caller’s name but I recognized the voice immediately she spoke. I collapsed back on my bed and started fake crying into her ears “I hate my life” I continued crying

“Are you okay? What is it? Does your head hurt again?” she threw questions at me

“Yes my head hurts…” she caught me short as she threw more serious questions at me

“Have you told your mum? How bad does it hurt? Did you hit your head? Do you know why it hurts so badly?”

“Unnhunnn” I drew in fake mucus “it hurts so damn bad because of my stupidity” I busted into a loud tantrum

“Are you mad?” she lashed out “I even thought you were serious. Please get out”

“Stop now…I’m being serious”

Of course I was serious, my head did hurt but I was just being dramatic about it and she should have known that. My best friend has been acting out differently lately unlike other years, she took my complains seriously unlike before that she would tease me often. She would quickly volunteer to call my parents attentions into every single complain I make about myself and it bothered me.

I did confront her about it, but she gave the excuse she wanted to take me seriously from now on since she hadn’t had time for me years ago into our friendship. Yes, our friendship has lasted for years.

She schooled in the University of Ilorin, Kwara State while I school at University of Benin, Edo state, so we rarely had time to see each other, but we would always keep in touch.

Although months back, we had been a bit distant, but recently, she would spend even the tiniest holiday with me and my parents were very much in compliance

Anyways, Stephanie was at it again, her over caring self, but I didn’t mind, I just really needed to vent out my sorrow to someone and she was just the person I needed.

“Unnhunn” she responded nonchalantly “so why is your stupidity hurting that thick skull of yours”

“Promise not to judge me” I said in a baby tone

“It’s better I don’t promise to fail, spill it out missy” she said

I took a deep breath in “soooo… you remember Biyi right”

“Your childhood friend from elementary school?”

“Yeah…so…I went to visit him today and…”

“My dear, abeg (please said in pidgin) go straight to the part where I have to decide if I get to judge you or not.

“I kissed him today”

“What?!” she exclaimed

The door was forced open instantly and to my greatest surprise, Stephanie was standing right in front of me

“Where you around this whole time!? I asked her flabbergasted

“You did what?!” she raced to seat beside me after hurriedly closing the door “say it again”

“You said you won’t judge and…” she obviously was not ready to answer my rhetorical question so I just let it slide

“Judge Keh. I am not a law student so why should I, in fact I am over happy for you my darling” she hugged me so tightly like I have made the biggest accomplishment of my life. I was extremely stunned about her reaction and somewhat happy about how she responded to it “soo… tell me all about it, how was it, who made the first move, how many minutes, just tell me everything”

Few minutes after I had narrated the whole scenario to Stephanie she said “bad girllll. You have started doing things to the extend our in-law wanted to explore before time” she threw weird winks at me and laughed out loud

“Who dash that one in-law” I laughed “you are crazy”

“So did you like it” she asked cunningly

“What?” I responded with a sly smile

“Stop doing ‘what’ with me and give me feedback” she raised her brow expectant of a positive response

“Ehhh…it wasn’t so bad”

“How will it be bad when you were busy chewing mouth with fine boy” she teased with a loud laugh

“Stop shouting before mum hears you”

“Ehh… if that woman hears this gist, I can assure you she would be more excited than I am” she fell to the bed and chuckled. I tried plundering what she meant by that before she made another comment that got me more confused

“What did you say?” I asked her

“Nothing?” She tried to act like she truly said nothing

“You said something, what do you mean by ‘at least you are getting over him?”

Stephanie’s expression threw me off balance… “why is she suddenly uncomfortable and nervous” I thought

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:11am On Apr 12, 2022
cry it's sad that no one commented but I would continue to post hoping for a positive comment as a form of support.
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2022
CHAPTER NINE
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU
BUNNY & CHEETAH
YOMI’S POV

I could hear her laughter loud and clear. She looks so happy climbing up the mountain speedily with her tiny little legs

“Slow down!” I said to her. She was way passed me in front. It was the fourth day of our ‘one week’ togetherness. We decided to hike the mountain for the first time together. Silver was against it at first because she was scared of heights, but funny enough she was the one in front hopping and jumping from one tiny rock to another like she was on plain ground

She halted and turned back with a happy face “You are too slow”. “Aren’t you supposed to be the one in front, guiding me and making sure I am safe?” she pouched her lips and placed both her hands on her waist making her look like a two handed tea mug. I couldn’t help but chuckled “what’s so funny” she asked

“That’s what the cutlass is for and you aren’t giving it the chance to do its work” I headed towards her

She glared at me. I caught up to her and held her hands, I had been meaning to do that since we started the hiking “haven’t you heard that a queen isn’t expected to hike the mountain without being held?

She gasped and then made a soft laugh at my joke “you are too cheesy hope you know that” she turned her face to the other side like she wasn’t swayed

It was an opportunity and I seized it by placing a peck on her cheeks. She looked the prettiest as she twisted her lips several ways trying to hide her blush

“Shall we my queen, our picnic awaits…” I said to her in a royal order. She blushed so hard that it made me feel so good.

I continued our walk as I was in front and she was behind me when all of a sudden I felt strange…her hands… I couldn’t feel it, she wasn’t holding on. I turned back to search for her and she was gone with not a single trace. My heart sank immediately, I felt like I was losing air, “where is Silver…Bunny…Bunny” I called for her but I couldn’t even hear my own voice, I fell to the ground, I saw tear droplets on the ground, I was already crying, I kept shouting her name in my heart, as I used my mouth to gasp for air, then suddenly I heard her call…

“Yomi… Yomi…where are you...?

Yomi …Yomi… open your eyes!”

I gasped for air as I woke up sitting up. I was panting and sweating profusely. My thoughts of Silver started turning into night mares. "Was it because of my anger?" I thought to myself

“Are you okay?” my mum was all over me, she seemed scared

“Shit” I muttered within myself “I’m fine mum, you can go now” I said coldly

“You are burning up” she said with a panicked voice while touching my neck and head to feel my body temperature “Oh my God! Yomi, why are you burning up so much, and why did you keep on calling an animal in your sleep”

I was shocked at her statement “I wasn’t calling an ani…” I paused feeling it wasn’t necessary explaining anything to her. “How do I get out of this” I thought “Mum I said I’m fine, stop making a fuzz out of a mere dream. Could you please leave, I need to take a shower and leave for Ilorin today”

“You must think I’m stupid if you think I would let you leave this house with your useless excuse. You better lie down and let me go get you medication”

“Mum I’m serious I am leaving today, I have work to…”

“if you make me send a slap to your face, you would realize that no matter how old you are I am still your mother. I and your father are still very much upset with the embarrassing stunt you pulled yesterday. I came here to give you a good beating with this oar but I met you sweating profusely and calling out God knows what and now you are burning up with a fever… don’t get me more angry young man” she was obviously furious considering the way she kept on pointing the oar at me, she would actually beat me with it if I infuriated her the more “mtchew” she hissed and stepped out of my room

I sighed in frustration and I felt my hot breath, I was burning up with a fever again, I tried getting up to use the bathroom when my door opened again

“I said lie down young man!” she yelled from the door

“Can’t I use the restroom again? Aha!” I responded in an irritated manner

“Oh… you better don’t make me lock you up in this room if you try dashing off to your Ilorin or where ever

“Mum why are you here again?” I asked calmly because I felt like I was using up too much strength exchanging words with this woman, I just need my privacy and some rest

“Ehh… just wanted to ask if you needed me to get anything for you”

I sighed because I was tired “no mum thanks

SILVER’S POV

I saw myself at the Park; I was holding a chocolate bar and taking it with so much joy. I seemed very happy, so happy without a care free of any negativity in the world. I watched everyone at the park, kids, parents, lovers, all seemed happy being with their loved one and seeing that made me feel both happy and somewhat sad, I didn’t understand why.

“Missed me?” I turned to see who spoke and I was surprised to see a faceless young man walk right up to me but it didn’t bother me. I grinned with all sincerity as he sat beside me. I nodded childishly as a response to his question

“Where’s my chocolate?” He asked. I made a fake clueless face and he seemed to have gotten an answer to his question “You consumed my chocolate? Bunny!”

“Who is bunny?” I thought but I didn’t ask him that question instead I watched myself say “what… you brought me here for chocolate, so I’m having it, you didn’t mention you getting chocolates for yourself

“Wow…don’t you think you deserve some accolades since you took both our chocolates” he said while glaring at my in a funny way and clapping

“Geez babe” I said laughing at his behavior,” take your chocolate before you put me in jail.

“He collected the chocolate having a surprised look on his face. He found it already opened and half bitten “Bunny!” he exclaimed. I couldn’t help but giggled at my crime “you are just a cheater, you cheated me on top my own money…women…” he said sarcastically

“Ahah cheater, so you mean to tell me that I deserve being called that because I took a small bit off your chocolate, so what would you call me if I actually cheat on you?” I asked as a rhetorical question but he seemed to have a response with chocolate stuffed in his mouth

“Then you are a cheetah…”

I suddenly opened my eyes.

I was sitting on my bed with my earpiece listening to some music when I dozed off. I tried to understand what I dreamt when my mum walked into my room

“Are you ready?” my mum asked still at the door. She wanted me to accompany her to the Supermarket to get groceries

“yes I am, I’ll be with you shortly…” I replied

YOMI’S POV

I have been on my phone, either watching movies, or playing games or replying chats. I have been bored since I took the drugs mum got for me. It was 3pm in the afternoon and I felt fine already but I kept craving for snacks. I always had a pack back at Ilorin, I didn’t bother getting any since I thought I won’t be staying for long but now, I would be staying for two more days. I needed to get my snacks at least if I wanted to stay sane in this house.

I got dressed, took my car key along with my credit card and headed for the Supermarket

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 8:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
CHAPTER TEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

THE SUPERMARKET

Silver and her mum headed straight for groceries, she and her mum blended so well like they were sisters. They talked about several things as they were picking raw materials into their cart, they even teased some of the sellers that didn’t compile with their price for food stuff in their dialect. They laughed and mocked them as they walked from one place to another.

Yomi on the other hand was at the snack section making a call, which was a far distance from where Silver and her mum where. He was on call with his colleague from work explaining the change of plans with his invite home

“...I think the illness is even good, you need the rest” David, also Yomi’s friend said over the phone

Yomi’s eyes were all over the place looking for a specific snack “what do you mean by that. Don’t I have my house to rest in back there?”

“Guy… you don’t take it easy on yourself and you know, you work like there is no tomorrow and you rest like there is no time to” David said over the phone as he was presently watching a highlights of a football match at his place

“Another way to put your critic is that I take my work seriously” Yomi said trying to prove a point

“Hmm…serious worker and I am not right?” David played out a game of sarcasm “my guy stop deceiving yourself, you are just doing all this in order to get yourself over this Silver girl”

David finally brought the topic up. He had tried evading the topic for these past months because he knew Yomi didn’t want any part of it, but right now, he needed to say it

Yomi paused like he didn’t expect the words that came out from David’s mouth and then he regained consciousness and spoke soberly “I am over her…”

“Oh please shut it!” David made an outburst. He then took a deep breath and continued “look guy, I know how much you love that girl, I have never seen a guy love a lady that he isn’t related to that way before. I know you are still hurting, so just stay back and chill out, find someone else, I know it would be out, if you give it a try”

David was just trying to help and look out for his friend

Yomi had leaned his head on a wall in the supermarket. The call had been silent for over 2minutes and David was patient

“There are so many memories here” Yomi finally spoke tenderly “everywhere I turn, I either see her or sight the things that reminds me of “her” at this moment, Yomi was staring at Silver’s favorite chocolate bar. She loved it so much, even if given a million, it wouldn’t satisfy her “I can’t seem to help it”

David sighed feeling dejected for his friend “is she around, like have you seen her since you got there?”David asked

“Mum if I want to marry this kind of guy, would you consent” Silver said to her mum as they were being attended to at the counter. She was referring to the young man that attended to them, dark with a good shape. She raised her brows waiting for a predicted answer

“Don’t bring this kind of person to my house oh. I want a fine clean guy, the one that will take me outside the country” she said and returned her gaze to her things at the counter

Silver chuckled at her mother’s remark. The guy she referred to seemed pretty okay, but the only disadvantage he had in the eyes of my mum was his beard. I smiled while turning my gaze to something else and it landed on what got me shocked

“No I haven’t” Yomi sighed before his response to David “I doubt I would run into her, she would probably still be in school writing her exams”

“That’s good!” David exclaimed through the phone “there won’t be any sign of her at the moment at least physically, so go out. It’s your land, the place you grew up, you should know your way around. Find a beautiful girl, even if you aren’t interested in her at first sight, my guy just show interest any how…with time, Silver will pass away, Alright?”

David waited for a response from his friend which he just wanted to help out

“Yomiiii…” David called out

“I’ve heard”

“Good, work from home for the next month, if I need your physical services I’ll contact your P.A, alright” David now spoke like Yomi’s boss which he actually was.

Yomi worked under David and they were still the best of friends “thank you” Yomi finally said after a long pause

“Oh shit!” Silver exclaimed after looking at a chocolate that reminded her of something “mum I forgot to get something”

“Forgot what? After I am done sorting things out. You are on your own. Let’s go” Silver’s mum demanded

“No… I can’t leave without getting Mr. Bar (Mr. Bar is Silver’s favorite chocolate) .just go ahead, I’ll meet you in the car.

Silver hasted towards where she could get her chocolate which was the same shelf Yomi was getting his snack also. He had already ended his call with David and found the snack he was looking for. The only distance between the two, was the shelf in between them- they were at opposite sides.

While Silver started picking the number of chocolates she wanted, Yomi was leaving for the counter.

Silver got a number of six Mr. Bar and now headed for the counter for payment. She stood in line behind four people and Yomi wasn’t part of them

When it was finally Silver’s turn, it was meant to be a quick attendance, but her credit card was being declined

On the other hand, Yomi had sighted some men things he would need to use and take care of himself since he would be staying longer and he decided to go full shopping. He was fixated on his phone as he kept on checking on updates from work. Since he was going to be working from home, he needed to be acquainted with what was on ground.

He was still fixated on his phone when he got to the counter line. He seemed to be the next after a lady in front who seemed to be having issues with her credit card.

He was getting frustrated about waiting so long but he still decided to keep his cool. After a long while of wait with the number of people that began to swirl up behind him, he spoke to the guy on the counter still with his head majorly on his phone ”I’ll handle her bill”

“The counter guy looked at Silver who was now embarrassed to even look back to her helper. She took the bag with her head bent low and said embarrassingly “thank you very much, and I am really sorry for the inconveniences” she kept her head bent low and dashed off

But just then Yomi lifted up his head. He began to scout through the area looking for who had that familiar voice. His eyes monitored the movement of everyone at close proximity but he was seeing the face he pictured in his head. He hurriedly dropped his shopping cart and dash off through the exit.

“He saw a lady on pink top and blue jeans jittering away. He recognized the clothes, the way she walked speedily, he couldn’t believe his eyes, he felt probably they were paying tricks on him so he had to see and feel for himself.

He ran towards her with so much speed and agility and he caught up to her. He grab her hand which prompted her shopping bag into falling. Silver turned back flabbergasted at what just happened.

Yomi was dumbfounded, he had so many feelings running through him. He stood in a frozen state and so did Silver. They both gazed at each other both with surprised expressions and finally the silence was broken by Yomi

“Silver…” his pronunciation of her name sounded both like a question and that of disbelief

Silver was caught off guard but the only statement she could make at that moment was…

“Who are you?”

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
CHAPTER ELEVEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

WHO ARE YOU?

YOMI’S POV

“Who are you? Do I know you?”

I still couldn’t stop repeating those two statements in my head over and over again even if it has been two days since I saw Silver again.

I thought to myself “It has just been 18months, how can she just completely erase me from her memory, even after all we have been through together? She allows three whole years of us to just go down the drain without a second though” “Arrrrrrggggghhhhhhh” I punched the wall in my room

Anger and hurt kept exchanging turns in me.

My parents weren’t home, I felt like just running away from this house and heading back to Ilorin, I needed space from everything.

A knock on the door distracted me from my thoughts. I knew who it was. I stood up and headed for the door, even if I had the chance to leave, I hated to hurt my mum after telling her I would be spending a month with them.

I had gotten in touch with a childhood friend yesterday after so long and he wanted to come over, since I needed the distraction and it would please my parents that I was getting in touch with friends, I concurred to his visit.

“Big man!” I hailed first when I opened the door. I had tried settling myself into a hospitable manner before I opened the door for him to come in

“Yomi my guy! See as you fresh (you are looking good) He complimented

“Abeg Biyi no they whine me jor (please Biyi, stop teasing me)” we both laughed as I led him to the sitting room. “What can I offer you” I asked after he took a seat while I stood

“Anything bro” he said with a smile trying to feel at home

“Alright then, just make yourself comfortable”

An hour and a few minutes had past and Biyi was still with me. He really was a great help distracting me from my thoughts. He was one of my Childhood pals that I was pretty close to. Just within the few hours he had been around, we had played cards, ludo, basket ball at the court in the house and now we where relaxing after eating.

My mum came in again for the third time to check on us “it seems you guys are having fun” she said with all smiles to us. Biyi tried to be as polite and still informal to my mum as she had earlier requested “please be visiting more often or call this man to tag along with you when you are going out because he doesn’t anything but sit at home and work all day”

Just as I was about to make a comment, Biyi beat me to it “Ahhhahhhh mummy, Yomi is my guy, don’t worry about anything, he is like a younger brother to me” Biyi said trying to bring humor into the room

I threw a pillow at him “which nonsense younger brother”

“Oh my son” she said referring to Biyi faking an emotion “please take care of him for me, I trust you”

“No problem ma” Biyi replied with laughter

I couldn’t help but just smile as my mum left us alone. She really was happy I had brought a friend over, seeing that smile on her face makes me want to compile with David’s request and be open once again.

I was still thinking about my mum when Biyi made a comment that brought back my attention

“What did you say?” I asked him

“Do you know Silver is around? Does she even know you are around? I bet she would be thrilled to know that you are in town”

I coughed a sarcastic laugh “there must be two meanings for the word ‘thrilled’ then” I muttered to myself

“What did you say?” Biyi asked

“Nothing” I denied

“You know we should all hang out sometime, one of these days, just me, you and Silver”

I was first hesitant to response but then I said “yeah…why not. Have you…” I didn’t want to ask my next question but I was curious “have you guys met recently?”

“Yeah we did, she even came over to visit last week”

“Came to visit?” I found myself repeating his statement. I felt somewhat, a feeling that I couldn’t explain and it made me want to ask more questions “why?” I tried to ask with an indifferent attitude

“She just wanted to hang out that’s all, and it was kind of fun” Biyi raised his brows accompanied with a smile as his bit his lower lip

I became uneasy even more. I was becoming more curious by the minute. “Why am I even bothered, she threw me out of her life so I should do the same, I shouldn’t seem like the loser.” I thought to myself “I don’t care, what Silver does anymore, I don’t care who Silver does anything with anymore, I don’t even care about Silver anymore, you have moved on Yomi, deal with it” I tried to motivate myself but then I opened my mouth and vomited betrayal against motivation “what type of Fun?” I heard myself ask

Biyi looked at me as if he was contemplating if he should tell me or not. Then he came over to where I was and sat down with me. I felt confused on why he would suddenly change seats but he kept glancing at the door to my mum’s room so I didn’t object. I was patiently waiting to hear him speak

“Have I ever told you about the childhood crush I have for Silver?” Biyi started

What is that supposed to mean? I thought to myself. Why did my heart beat suddenly feel heavy? Why did he have to use the verb ‘have’ instead of ‘had’?

“Well… something happened to that crush of my when Silver visited. It changed” “phew… I thought he still has a crush on her, this guy doesn’t even know how to use his verbs anymore” I smiled inward as I soliloquized “I think I have feelings for her, I don’t know, I keep thinking about that day, about her, I just can’t help it mehn, I think… I think I like Silver”

I became suddenly breathless, I felt both deaf and dumb all of a sudden, I felt void of all emotions “I need water” I suddenly voiced out and headed for the kitchen to get a cold glass of water. I gulped it down at a go before I could finally feel the air around me once again. I literally couldn’t think of anything other Biyi’s last statement so I just went back to have my seat

“Are you okay?” Biyi asked concerned

“Yeah I am fine, I guess my illness still hasn’t quite cleared off” I lied. I had never told Biyi I also had a crush on Silver when we were kids, and we hadn’t been in contact for so long until presently, so I never still got to tell me about my relationship with Silver and with the look of things, Silver also didn’t tell him

“You were under medications before? Sorry bro”

“Yeah thanks” my heart told me not to ask any more questions but I just couldn’t help my strange curiosity and I didn’t know why “have you told her how you feel? And what sup with you thinking about the day she visited, did something happen?”

“I haven’t told her yet, still thinking about it

Biyi kept on smiling hysterically. He reminded me so much about myself. Silver always had this light in her that whoever was with her would always have the privilege to have unending smiles but is that completely true.

When I continue to see Biyi’s smile as he thought of an answer to my second question, I became a bit scared and reluctant to hear his response. I am a pessimist, but this time, I was forcing all form of optimism to get into me because I didn’t want my pessimistic thoughts to become reality

“We kissed”

He said with a whole grin and enthusiasm like he had accomplished a major thing in his life. I heard him the first time, but since I couldn’t comprehend the words, I asked again

“You what?”

“Guy I said we kissed, it started out as a play at first, but dehm, when we continued…” Biyi was all over the place looking for the right words to describe his emotion which blinded him not seeing my vague expression “…dehm I wish it didn’t end. For the first time in my life, I felt good, the type of good that says, she’s the one”

“She’s the one? Did he just say ‘she’s the one?’ what the heck am I hearing right now. How could Silver be so indecisive, and mean. Ghosting off on me on the seventh day of our one week wasn’t enough for her, blocking me from all social media, changing her line after avoiding all my calls and texts, making Stephanie treat me like a complete fool and turning me into an obsessed and mental lover boy on social media wasn’t enough for her; yes! Pictures and videos were taken that day I displayed in front of my work place and I was ridiculed online, but that wasn’t enough for her, looking at me like I was some complete stranger at the supermarket wasn’t enough for her, then she moved on to my Childhood friend, obviously having in mind that I would get to know about it…why…?! To spite me and make me jealous, what for, why?!”

I began to fake a cough and a headache few minutes after Biyi told me about his emotions towards Silver. I used it as an excuse to get him out of my sight with the excuse that I needed more rest, because if I was meant to put up with his gibberish, I might as well, give him a punch to the face, not bearing in mind that we go way back

I told myself “if Silver wanted to play this ‘I don’t care, I have moved on’ game, then two could play at that game, I wouldn’t be made to look like a loser twice”

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
CHAPTER TWELVE
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

THE SECRET 1

Two weeks had past. Stephanie was still at the home of her best friend. Silver’s parents treated Stephanie like another daughter from another mother. Although, Stephanie’s family weren’t much of what you would tag as being family friends with that of Silver’s, but both families were in contact with each other.

Stephanie was watching T.V in the sitting room while Silver was out running some errands. Silver’s mum came over to the sitting room and sat down. She glanced at what Stephanie was watching and was thrilled to see one of her favorite telenovela series on play at the moment.

“Ahhahh so you also watch “Fearless heart” Silver’s mum said enthusiastically

“Ahah mummy, I don’t play with it oh. You also follow the series?”

“See this girl, I have watched this very part yesterday night, I just couldn’t finish it because I dozed off. Do you know that Samantha cheated?”

“What?!” Stephanie exclaimed “mummy do you know I even bet with a friend that she wouldn’t, I can’t believe her…”

After 30minutes had passed, the two had finished watching the telenovela episode for the day.

Silver’s mum gazed at the time and said “how many minutes will this your sister want to use for an errand?”

“Oh that one... she would be staying long, she said she wants to head to the supermarket to get something”

“Ehh! That girl and her chocolate, I know that’s what she went to get, its only God that would save her”

After a short laugh preceded by silence, not to make things awkward for Stephanie, Silver’s mum decided to leave the sitting room, but then Stephanie called out to her

“Mummy…”

“Yes my dear”

“Mm… remember the guy that called Silver continuously?”

“Who?” Silver’s mum didn’t seem to recall

“The guy that Bro. Nelson picked up his call, the day after the incident” Stephanie gave more hints

“Oh oh oh...” Silver’s mum finally drew a fierce expression after recalling “is he still calling?” she said with an angry tone all of a sudden

“Oh no no mummy, he isn’t but…”

“But what”?

“I ran into him some months back”

“Really, did anything happen? Did he do anything to you?”

“No mummy, he didn’t, I…” Stephanie was lost for words

“Talk to me, wait, I hope you didn’t tell Silver about…”

“No I didn’t, she doesn’t know about it”

“So what is it?”

“Mummy…don’t you think what we are doing is wrong?”

Silver’s mum casted her angry gaze down on Stephanie which made her uncomfortable and scared instantly

“I mean…” she didn’t know how to go about her words so she decided to rephrase “the last time I saw him mummy he looked like a pathetic man, a walking dead. I wonder what he would be like now after a year has even passed”

“That is none of my business, leave that to his parents to handle, it their business, so let me handle mine.”

“Ma” she started to speak with honorifics “I feel we should at least let them know because they deserve to know. Let him know why all of a sudden he isn’t seeing her anymore, let him have a good reason to know why he needs to stay far away from Silver…ma I think…”

“Stephanie, I take you as a daughter, so I believe you should take Silver as your Silver...”

Stephanie cut in “I do ma, that’s why I…”

“And that is why you should never go against the decisions I and my husband have made!” Silver’s mum tried to remind Stephanie of her boundaries “she is my daughter, and I know what is best for her and if making her keep a very far distance from someone that’s highly dangerous to her, for her own well being, then you should respect that!”

Stephanie was short of words. After all these years that she had know her best friend, keeping a secret such as this, made her feel like a betrayer to their friendship. These past months that she has kept this secret, guilt has always accompanied her doings, not just towards Silver but also Yomi. She made herself look like a saint and a guardian angel sent from God to Silver, but deep down she knew she was nothing close to that.

But what more could she do, she didn’t have the power to change things and even if she did, when Silver and Yomi gets to know the truth, would they actually forgive her after everything…?

Silver’s mum finally stood up to leave as she didn’t want to unleash the anger that was building up in her on Stephanie “let this conversation just be between us, do you hear me! Not Silver or that rascal of a boy must know about this. And he must not get close to my daughter under any circumstance, my daughter’s life is at stake here and I value her life much than what your mere conscience. If you love her as a sister like you claim, you would understand why this is important”

Silver’s mum spoke with command with a firm expression

“I understand ma” Stephanie said with her head hung low as Silver’s mum headed for her room.

Unknown to them, a figure had been at the front door listening in on their conversation from the very start

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Peebee���️�: Okay guys��
So
Today is the end of this week's chapter up butttt�� since Sunday is Easter, I'd b making an exception to post that day�� but it's gonna depend on ur response familia�
This is how it's gonna be�
I love appreciate comments about the book so far concerning your assumption on how u think the book is gonna end
With what u have read so far�, I want u guys to say out ur views and how u feel it's gonna end, and the most accurate assumption, gets monetary 1k give away�����
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2022
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

PLUS ONE 1

Biyi was making sure the house was spotless. He had invited Yomi for the get together he suggested when he was at his place. He wore a black polo on blue jeans. The polo brought out his physique, his well exercised abs and perfectly shaped shoulders. He made sure he looked absolutely perfect today. He had done his hair at the saloon the previous night and sprayed the best perfume on himself, not just because he was having a get together, but mainly because Silver was coming.

Although, when he had invited Silver, it was first a miracle that she replied his text, she had seemed to be avoiding him for weeks now. She had given excuses in order to bail out of the gathering but then he tried to buy her over with the excuse that, it was an opportunity to get together with childhood friends, and if she didn’t come over, it would seem to the others that she was proud and distant. Well, of course, that was ‘a’ reason, but not ‘the’ reason he insisted on her coming. He wanted to see her again, he was going to try and sort things out.

He heard a knock at the door, he knew it was her obviously. He had given her an earlier time to come over so they could talk. He had made sure the house was void of any other person apart from himself

Finally before he opened the door, he did some last minute touches on himself and when he felt ready, he opened the door and he was mesmerized

Biyi was star struck at the beauty before him. He saw himself staring at who he tags ‘the most beautiful lady in the world’. She wore a blue long sleeve pencil gown to her knee. It brought out the curves of her slender body. She had the caramel complexion, one that is just delicate and beautiful to behold. She had no makeup on except a little touch on her lips. She was alluring in his eyes, every single thing about her was just perfect and beautiful. He wanted to move closer and kiss her right there as a form of expressing his hysterical compliment but then she spoke bringing him back to consciousness

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” she spoke shy because of the way he had been looking at her

“Don’t mind me, please come in” Biyi finally made a sentence after 3mins of staring. He tried giving her a hug when she was in but she moved back a bit and quickly sat down avoiding the hug. “You look so beautiful” Biyi said trying to seem less embarrassed

Silver let out a short smile and said “thank you. Where are the others?”

She asked because she purposely came 30minutes late to the time Biyi had said to her, yet unfortunately, she was still the first

“I guess they are running a bit late. Just sit down and let me get you something to drink”

“Oh, don’t bother, I’m fine. I will wait for the others”

“Why are you speaking so formally to me? Is everything okay?” Biyi saw signs that she was being cold

She laid out a sigh with a fake and uncomfortable smile as he sat on the same couch with her “yes, everything is fine. This place is a bit hot” she said fake fanning herself and used the opportunity to change seats “ahh much better” she said with a relaxed tone as she sat directly under the ceiling fan

“Are you still avoiding me because of what happened between us last time” Biyi cut right to the chase

Silver laughed amidst her response “why would you think I am avoiding you?” She picked up her phone and tried to seem busy with it. But the next minute, Biyi had snatched the phone from her

“You are avoiding me” he raised the phone for her to see her recent action as proof “you have been avoiding my calls, text and even chats for these past weeks now. I don’t understand, why?”

“Are you seriously asking me why?” Silver spoke up surprised at his statement

“Yes I am asking you, why you are avoiding me when you kissed me first”

SILVER’S POV

I stood up immediately perplexed by his accusation “I kissed you first? You dared me to do so Biyi, it was supposed to be nothing but a slight peck on the lip but you took advantage of it

“Tell me you didn’t feel anything”

“What?” I was stunned

“Silver I like you, I always have. I wasn’t sure of it at first, but after that kiss, dehm Silver, I became sure, I just never knew how to open up to you…” I couldn’t seem to comprehend what was going on. Biyi took steps closer to me and before I knew it, he was holding my hands as he continued “just give me a chance, I promise to do my best to love you, it might seem like I am going too fast, but that’s how fast my heart beats for you…” he took my hand to his chest and suddenly I began to have random flashes of doing exactly the same thing before “I love you Silver and if you actually give me a chance, I promise not to hurt you, I promise not to make you cry because I would hate to see your beautiful face soaked with tears…”

“I love you” I smiled wholeheartedly as I gazed at his brown eyes
“And I love you too Silver, more than you can ever imagine”
“I don’t want us to end…
“I don’t want to see you cry”…
“It saddens and weakens me”…

“Ahhhahhhh” I screamed out the pain

“What is it? Are you okay...”

I could hear Biyi throwing different questions at me. My eyes where tightly closed as I tried to bear the pain in my head. I had random flashes again, but this was the first time they came this much when I was conscious. I had heard this words Biyi spoke to me before, but I couldn’t identify from whom or from where.

The next time I opened my eyes, I saw a set of lovely brown eyes staring at me they looked so familiar to me

“Who are you?” were the next words I spilled out

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 7:06am On Apr 19, 2022
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

PLUS ONE 2

YOMI’S POV

“Who are you?” were the words that spilled out of Silver’s mouth

“I guess she doesn’t know how annoying that question sounds” I soliloquized with a bit of fury

“Are you okay?” Biyi rushed over to her. He went to get a wet towel to put on her when he came back and met her awake

“Did I pass out?” she asked him

“Of course you did, you got me so freaking worried. Are you okay? Are you not feeling well?”

SILVER’S POV
“I am fine, I just had a slight headache” I was less concerned with the questions Biyi was throwing at me, I needed some space from him, he was being way too close. I was more concerned about the set of brown eyes I saw when I woke up. I raised my head searching for those eyes and my eyes landed on them as he stood right in front of me.

My eyes coincidentally caught his gaze because they were looking at me and immediately I turned my gaze downwards because I felt somewhat shy and ashamed. But then I decided to scrutinize him from toe to head. His feet were broad, so broad that they would fit for a size 43 or 45. I guessed that he must be big in size, so I sent my gaze a bit higher and I saw that he wore a pair of dark jeans along with a white long sleeve turtle neck. His top brought out his shoulders which were broad and uptight, I sent my gaze a bit lower and his chest was alluring, talk more of his abs. Looking at them, it was explicit that he worked out a lot. Not that he had a muscled up body but he was simply well-built. He wasn’t one you would call chubby but he had the body in good size.

After gazing at such divine endowment on just one man, I finally summed up the courage to look at the face with the body, but instead of being drowned in the beauty of his well chiseled face and fair complexion, I hysterically turned my face to look directly at Biyi in a frightened manner

“Why is he here?” I asked Biyi with an unsettled expression

THIRD PERSON POV

“Because Yomi is one of our childhood friends…?” Biyi replied Silver confused

After Silver heard his reply, she turned back to looked at the childhood friend Biyi just spoke off confusingly but instead she sighted the fourth figure in the room

“Osize?” I called out to the lady beside Yomi as I recognized her immediately

“Are you finally just seeing me?” Osize said indifferently as she went to take a seat. She had walked in with Yomi just to find her family friend on the ground. She had quickly ran towards Silver giving her all the aid she could render in order to revive herself. She was the one who had asked Biyi to get the wet towel before Yomi asked for some space with Silver and then she woke up.

She felt disregarded as she seemed invisible to the whole room as all the attention was giving to Silver

When Silver didn’t give a response to Osize’s rhetorical question Biyi asked Yomi politely “who is this?” Biyi didn’t seem to recognize her as a childhood friend so he had to ask

Yomi went closer and sat on the same couch with Osize, placing his hands on her shoulder he introduced her “she’s a close friend, my plus one”

“Plus one?” Silver asked “what’s that?”

“Nice to meet you” Biyi tried to cover up Silver’s weird question and hostility, at the same time he didn’t want to seem inhospitable so quickly he welcomed her, after all, it was a nice pair in his favor “O…se…”

“Osize” Yomi cut Biyi short as he attempted to pronounce her name but wrongly. He continued while looking at the lady beside him “it’s a unique Edo name, its pronounced ‘O-si-zeh’

The room was quiet for a moment and nobody knew why, but Osize was all smiles after Yomi’s introduction

Silver couldn’t explain her feeling, belittled under Osize for some reason. She and Osize were not the closest but because they were family friends they interacted well but to some extent, Silver had not liked her to the fullest because she was way too mouthy, nosy and bold for her liken. So she gave her a bit of a distance, and right now she felt she had an extra reason to give her more distance after Yomi’s mode of introduction.

Silver also couldn’t help her gaze at Osize’s vintage shirt. She wondered why she just couldn’t stop staring at it. Not as if it was looking extra ordinary than any other vintage she has seen before, but there was just something about it she couldn’t point out.

“Nice shirt” Silver blurted out staring at Osize. She was wearing the vintage shirt on a slim jean. It looked so good on her even if the shirt seemed a bit big

“Thank you” Osize gave a genuine smile “it is a gift from a special person” while she said this Biyi and Silver saw Osize’s hands on Yomi’s hand. She looked at him with a smile

Silver felt angry. “If they are dating they don’t have to be so childish about it” Silver thought. Everything was getting on her nerves. She tried breathing to calm herself down

On the other hand, Biyi smile at the sight of things. He also thought they were dating “I’ll go get the drinks” he said

“Can…can I come with you?” he was shocked when Silver requested to help out

“Sure, why not”

An hour later, Biyi and Yomi had started talking about their childhood days. And Silver chipped in. The only odd one out was Osize and somehow, Silver felt good about it.

“… You know what I won’t just forget, was your birthday” Biyi said referring to Yomi

“My birthday? What did I do?”

Biyi smiled before he continued “you know back then, I did suspect that you had a thing for Silver…” Yomi’s and Silver’s expression looked stunned but he continued “you were giving out small cup cakes along with juice, but whoever you gave had to pick one since you wanted it to go round, you were just in front of me, and I was about taking a juice box when immediately you sighted Silver and without a second thought went after her leaving me with nothing but a juice straw without a juice”

“what?” seriously?” Silver and Yomi exclaimed respectively at the same time

“I am serious” Biyi said while laughing

Silver scoffed “well I can’t remember, so it never happened” Silver waved it off with a bossy side smile thinking Biyi was making things up

Yomi scoffed “you seem pretty good at forgetting things these days” his expression darkened

Silver's expression changed “And what is that supposed to mean?” Silver took offence

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

PLUS ONE 3

“Never mind” Yomi waved her off with his hands like she was some fly as she relaxed his back

Silver noticed all through that either Yomi wouldn’t talk or respond to her during any conversation and even if he did, he would reply her coldly with a disgusted gaze

“Are you angry with me about something, because I don’t seem to get you” she tried to sound calm

But Yomi didn’t respond

“Mmm guys lets calm down a bit” Biyi came to the rescue “why don’t we…play a game or something

“No” Silver disapproved vehemently looking at Biyi

“Why not?” Osize who had been in the dark for so long finally spoke up

“Because I don’t want to, I don’t…?” Silver tried explaining

“You aren’t the only one in the room ma’am” Yomi spoke with sarcastic honorifics as he tried to infuriate her. He knew she hated being addressed as such especially by her peer group “so maybe next time you don’t command, but suggest”

“Excuse you!” Silver responded angrily

Biyi felt also angry with the way Yomi spoke “guyyy!” he tried to caution his friend before he turned to Silver and tried pacify her “Silver calm down, he was just playing around”

“well he should know that I don’t like jokes like that” Silver felt a slight pain throb her head” when she felt relied, she remembered something and she suddenly mellowed down “fine then, let’s play a game, what game?”

“Truth or dare” Osize said immediately

Silver wanted to object but decided to keep shut before Yomi reprimands her again, and then she heard Biyi say “let’s play something else instead”

Yomi knew why Biyi also objected, he would have also, because he never liked how the game was always played but this time, he had something up his sleeves.

“Common, let’s just play the game, give Osize this one at least”

Osize beamed a bright smile at Yomi as he continued to support her. Since everyone else was silent, she believed they were in agreement. She had wanted this game also for a reason.

“Biyi I will ask you first, then after you answer, you would pick who you would ask and so forth and on. So Truth or dare?”

Biyi didn’t know Osize so much, so he wanted to play it safe first “truth” he responded

“Do you have feelings for Silver?”

The whole room was mute and as well stunned at the first question she asked. She truly was bold and Biyi was placed in an awkward spot. He had told her earlier but she didn’t seem happy about it but that didn’t change the fact that he still had feelings for her

“Yes...”

It was Biyi’s turned, and obviously, he asked Silver and she also didn’t want to make another mistake so she obviously went with…

“Truth”

“How was your last relationship like?”

“You have asked me this question before, why…?”

“Just answer it” Yomi said trying to act indifferent but deep down, he was curious about her response

Silver sighed and said “my last relationship didn’t end the best way…” Yomi paid intent attention as well as Osize, she also knew somewhat that Yomi and Silver were a couple at a time “the guy I dated was a good person, he was sweet, caring, loving and all that. He made me feel loved, but it couldn’t work out between us because of personal reasons best known to us. In order words, you could say, it wasn’t meant to be, so we ended things”

“Did you two decide on the break up or you left?” Osize was more curious

After a short pause, Silver finally answered “I left”

Yomi at this point was dying inside “so you felt it best to leave without a word?”

“He knew it wasn’t going to work, we practically talked about it, it was better I left, someone had to”

“Seriously?” Yomi scoffed a bitter laugh

Osize held Yomi’s hands for him to let go of the question. She was beginning to feel a bit of tension between them

“Silver it’s your turn” Osize voiced out

Silver turned towards Yomi and asked “truth or dare?”

Yomi was bitter inside, with the way she behaved relaxed without a single sense of guilt. He scoffed out a ‘truth’

“Are you two dating?” she was referring to himself and Osize.

Yomi was stunned. He felt her question was irrelevant

Osize was about to say no, when she heard an immediate response from a familiar voice beside her

“Yes” Yomi answered plainly

“We are?” Osize muttered in astonishment looking at him. He just nodded slightly to her with a smile and intertwined hands

Silver’s heart dropped. Not that she didn’t expect such response but deep down it saddened her

“Truth or dare?” Yomi didn’t hesitate to ask her

“Truth” neither did Silver hesitate to respond

Yomi was tired of holding back, he was hurt, but he wanted justification, he was going to move on, but with a proper closure. He was ready to end things, and he wanted to do it with a proper answer from her to his next question”

“What did I ever mean to you?”

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

THE SECRET 2

*REWIND

Silver’s phone kept buzzing on the bed beside her. Stephanie was practically staying for the holiday while Osize came to spend the weekend.

“Babes I think it’s high time you pick up that call” Osize spoke up because she got tired of the persistent caller. Her phone had rang over 8 times just that day alone, but she wouldn’t pick up

“Is he the one?” Stephanie asked as they were all in the room

“Who else” Silver rolled her eyes seeing Biyi’s name pop up on her screen as he started calling again

“Who is it?” Osize asked but Silver didn’t respond

“Some guy that seems head over heels for our girl oh” Stephanie teased “she doesn’t like the guy

“Can’t you just pick it up and tell him to stop calling or you block him or something because it’s becoming over bearing

“I can’t” Silver responded

“You can’t…” Osize was cut short when Silver’s mum knocked and stepped into the room

“Is everything okay in here?” Silver’s mum asked

“Yes ma” everyone coincidentally answered simultaneously

But Silver’s mum wasn’t quite satisfied with their response “okay then. Mmm Stephanie come and help me with something”

“Okay ma”

Stephanie walked out of the room with Silver’s mum leaving just Osize and Silver alone in the room

Silver’s phone started buzzing again

“That’s it! I am leaving this room for you” Osize stood up angrily

“Where are you now going, daddy is in the sitting room” Silver chuckled because she knew Osize naturally had a fright for her dad “and I know nothing in the world would make you enter the kitchen to help mum and Stephanie” she mocked her

“Whatever, I will be in the toilet then, at least its more quiet than in here”
(In the kitchen)

“Who was the person calling silver continuously” Silver’s mum asked curiously while stirring the tomatoes on fire. She had overheard their conversation when she wanted to call both Silver and Stephanie to help her out in the kitchen but decided to call just Stephanie so she could talk to her.

“Oh mummy that’s nobody, you don’t need to worry” Stephanie responded nonchalantly as she chopped the vegetable

“Don’t tell me not to worry” Silver’s mum tried to remain calm “is it that boy?”

Stephanie was confused and shocked on how her friend’s mum got to know about Biyi, later did it dawn on her that she was referring to Yomi. “Oh no mummy, it’s not him, remember she changed her line, we haven’t heard from him since then” Stephanie thought that even after two years, her friend’s mum was still feeling insecure

“Hmm, I won’t take my chances. If you were able to bump into him while in school, I feel anything is possible. Besides didn’t you say his parents are here?”

“Yes ma”

“Exactly, sons always take their parents seriously, he would come visit from time to time, I don’t want Silver bumping into him at all”

Stephanie stayed mute and just pretended to be focused on chopping the vegetables. A lot of thoughts were rumbling in her head, but she was scared to let it out. After she finished chopping the vegetables, she attempted to leave the kitchen since there was nothing else to do but then she stopped. It was a big kitchen and it was a bit distant from Silver’s room. The doors were closed, so she turned back and opened her mouth

“How long do we plan on keeping this a secret from her?” Stephanie asked summoning every atom of boldness in her

“As long as we have to. We are trying to keep her safe”

“But mummy do you think she would ever forgive us once she gets to know the truth? I mean we are keeping a strong part of her life away from her, I…I don’t think it’s…”

“So what are you intending” silver’s mum began to sound furious “as far as that low life doesn’t get close to her, she won’t be hurt again, she wouldn’t have to go through so much pain and agony again. You heard what the doctor said, it was because it was too much for her to bear…”

“No mummy! It was because of the accident!” Stephanie retaliated

“No…” Silver’s mum began to have teary eyes “it was because her brain was tired, it couldn’t take much more. If you had done the right thing years ago as every true sister would do, all this would have been evaded on a long run, but you didn’t. You encouraged her and now she has lost a part of her life”

The kitchen became quiet once again. The heat circulated the place and both parties began to sweat. Stephanie did feel guilty after hearing those previous words. It was true she was to be blamed, but what would she have done back then. Her friend seemed so happy and joyous whenever Yomi’s name was mentioned, her eyes always glittered when she spoke or thought about him. She always felt good and overwhelmed at all times when they were together, she didn’t want to ruin the smile her friend always carried

She remembered when Silver called her years back on two different occasions crying and venting out her sorrows several times. She told her she had solely broken up with Yomi. The first time was through a text because she didn’t know how to face him, and the second time was through a call. She remembered how she cried along with her friend after effortlessly trying to calm her down. Silver wanted to kill herself at a time for making him go through so much pain making him think she was strong and cold hearted.

There was a time her friend even had to fast, praying that God changes their story for the better and make their love acceptable, but nothing changed. Months after, thinking they would be fine on their own, the universe still somehow brought them to be together again after so many tears were shed. Now what would she have done at then, she felt helpless both then and now. Then, she wanted them apart for their better good, but now they are apart, everything still felt wrong.

“Stephanie…” Silver’s mum finally called out to her “just try to always be by your friend’s side as you always have, you are doing the right thing by keeping her safe. Watching out for your friend, being close to her at a time like this when she needs you the most, that’s what makes a true friend”

Stephanie painfully brought out a sad smile at that moment “of course” Stephanie spoke with a scent of sarcasm “not telling my friend she has amnesia and might never be able to remember her first love is what a good friend would do”

Silver’s mum was astonished at the use of words by Stephanie, but just when she was about to make a comment they both heard a loud but sharp gasp from behind the door

To be continued…
You can also contact me through my mobile number for support : 08160209971
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

WHAT DID I EVER MEAN TO YOU?

PRESENTLY (Still at Biyi’s place)

“What did I ever mean to you?”

The whole quad was silent as a result of Yomi’s question.

Seconds later, Silver broke the silence with a scoff

“What kind of question is that? I mean we barely know each other so how…”

“Are you for real Silver?!” Yomi snapped “are you still going to keep up with this ‘who are you’ game you keep acting

“Excuse me.” Silver fired back “I am not acting. I have no idea of what you are talking about.”

Yomi scoffed out bitterly. He attempted to say things, but with the anger inside they weren’t just coming out. Both Biyi and Osize couldn’t say a word as they found it hard to even know what to say

“Wait” Silver said “I remember you of course, if that’s what you want to hear” all eyes were on Silver “you were the same guy that I saw at the supermarket, who acted like he knew me or something. You grabbed my hands in public like I belonged to you. Is that what all this is about?” the room was still silent and Silver still couldn’t figure out why there was a scenario like this before her. She looked at Yomi closely maybe she could remember something along side with images of him back at the supermarket “ohhh…” she exclaimed like she remembered something “were you the guy that paid for my chocolates? Yes you are” Silver scoffed feeling this scenario was a bit too dramatic for just that little act of kindness “so that’s what all this is about. I guess you felt I wasn’t grateful enough so I’ll show my gratitude again; thank you and if you aren’t satisfied, you could just call out your account details, and I will transfer your money back to you right now”

Yomi was boiling with utmost fury inside and was about to burst open when Osize spoke up

“Yomi lets go. I think it’s time we leave”

“Silver are you okay” Biyi turned to Silver feeling concerned

“I am fine” Silver answered perturbed. She turned her gaze towards Yomi who still seemed furious about something and Osize was trying her possible best to pacify him

“Yomi…” Silver called out tenderly and he turned to look at her. The way she called his name, it made him patient to hear what she had to say, his eyes seemed teary already and Osize noticed. Silver felt her heart drop at this sight and she couldn’t explain why. She began to question her feelings at that moment.

SILVER’S POV

“Why does he look teary? Why do I feel like reaching out to him and telling him, it’s going to be okay, that everything is going to be fine, why do I feel like hugging him right now?” My heart beat raced rapidly. I looked at him intently and his brown eyes looked at me like they demanded answers that I had withheld for decades, but what were those answers he wanted to hear. I recurred his question “what did I ever mean to you?” have they met before other than the supermarket? She couldn’t help but wanting to ask who he was again but she felt that would hurt him even more. What did he want from her? What did he want her to do right now. She saw a sense of hope glitter in his eyes when she called to him.

THIRD PERSON’S POV

When Osize saw no words were forth coming from Silver’s mouth, she took Yomi’s hands and attempted to drag him to leave the house but finally Silver said something soberly

“I’m sorry”

The atmosphere was once again silent. Yomi looked at her and he saw her watery eyes. Her words sounded remorseful to his hearing but he didn’t know if it was enough, all he wanted was justification for her actions. ‘sorry’ was just a word to him right now, what he needed were just answers

When silver caught his gaze, she saw eyes that questioned her for some unknown reason “why?” That was the question she saw in his eyes and then she spoke again remembering the question he had first asked her

“I’m truly sorry” that was her response to his entire question because she had no other answer “I really don’t know the answers to give you right now, but I just want you to know that I am sorry. I am also sorry for how rude I was a while ago, i...” Silver was short of words

And just like that, Yomi left with Osize without a word

The room now harbored just Silver and Biyi who had been watching the scene in confusion and suspicion

Silver took her bag and attempted to leave when Biyi held her hand

She turned and looked at him expressionless. If he was going to continue what he had started when she first arrived, then she was about to make things clear when he suddenly asked

“Did you lose your memory?”

To be continued…
My Whatsapp group chat through this line 08160209971 for support and to join the WhatsApp link
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

CHILDHOOD FRIEND

“Silver did you lose your memory?” Biyi had to ask again when she continued to stare at him with a void expression

She threw her hand from his grip “what sort of question is that? If I lost my memory how would I be able to remember you?”

Biyi gazed at her like she had a point, but he wasn’t still buying the idea, so he asked “do you remember the get together we had after elementary school?”

Silver made expressions as she thought back “yeah I do, not many of us came though”

“Do you remember where we held it?”

“Yea…h at mmm” she tried to recall “at Jingles garden”

“Do you remember who you came in with?” Biyi asked just to be certain

“Mmm… some classmate I guess” she still tried recalling “how do you even expect me to remember details that long ago, it’s been more than a decade, I can’t sit down and remember every single class mate of mine” she defended

“Fine, you have a point. But do you remember your seat mates, I mean you sat with them for 6years, you should at least remember them”

Silver fell to the chair so she could sit, she rubbed her head because it began to hurt as she thought so much “I had two seat mates. A male and a female right?” she tried to verify

“Yes!” Biyi was happy she could remember that, so who were they?”

“The guy’s facial is blurry in my head but the other person is Alice” Silver looked up to meet Biyi’s gaze, she looked bothered

“His facials are blurry?”

“Yeah…I guess it’s because it has been so long” Silver replied

“Was the facial of the person that you came along with to Jingles garden also blurry?”

“Yeah… kind of” Silver said

“One last question?” Biyi said “When was the first time you met Yomi?”

Silver was confused at the question “which Yomi? The one that just left?” She wanted to be sure

“Of course, the Yomi that just left!”

“At the supermarket, few weeks ago. I mentioned it before”

“Are you serious!?” Biyi was astonished because the words from her lips were unbelievable

“What is it with all these questions, what are you driving at Biyi!?” Silver stood up angry on how awful the day seemed to have turned out. It was getting late and she needed to leave for home

“I am driving at the fact that you seem not to have a single memory of Yomi in your head! I have been watching how you have been acting since they came in, at first I thought you just didn’t want to chat with him like you used to but now I see it’s something else!”

Something else in what way Biyi?!” Silver yelled “Everybody keeps looking at me like there is something wrong with me! Everybody keeps throwing all sorts of questions at me, demanding for answers that I don’t have!” there was serenity for a while. She took a deep breath and said “Biyi, I am sorry I can’t reciprocate your feelings. What happened between us was a mistake that should never have happened and it isn’t going to happen again.” Silver thought it best to draw the line because she felt it might be the reason he was acting up

Biyi on the other hand was hurt. He took a deep breath in order to absorb all the pain the rejection carried with it. He didn’t want to push further even if he still wanted her. Right now, he knew she would have bigger issues to face if truly his suspicions are correct and he didn’t want to add to her problems

“I understand” where the only words he could let out from his lips.

Silver at this point felt guilty and wicked all of a sudden. Biyi didn’t deserve this, she knew it but she couldn’t force herself to love someone she didn’t, she had done it before and that’s why she had to leave the first time. It would be wicked of her to let another go through such from her hands again. She got ready to exit the house when Biyi spoke from behind

“The supermarket…” Silver paused her steps and turned her head to him “wasn’t the first place you met Yomi” he said

Silver scoffed “and how would you know that?”

“Because we all graduated from the same elementary school together”

Silver’s attention was fully gotten now as her whole body was now facing Biyi. She made a bitter laugh and said “I don’t understand”

Biyi was still suckling, so he took a sit directly opposite her and tried to rub the stress off his fore head with his palm “the seatmate you couldn’t remember, the one with the blurry facials, is Yomi”

“Excuse me” Silver said in disbelief

“That day at Jingles garden, you both walked in together, laughing at some joke I guess. It got every ones attention as you both took seats together. We asked if you guys came together, but you said you both coincidentally entered the same cab.”

Silver leaned her back on the wall. She didn’t know how to fathom all these because she still couldn’t remember. She questioned herself with a billion whys and hows, but as usual, she had no answer.

“You guys weren’t just back in the day old school mates, you guys were childhood friends Silver”

“No no no no no this makes no sense!” Silver yelled “I am not crazy Biyi, so stop making things seem like I am. I don’t know Yomi, I didn’t lose my memory! Stop confusing me! Every question you just asked proves nothing! So let this be the last time you bring this up again!” Silver finished speaking with so much resilience and stumped out of the house.

Silver was jittering as she walked faster than she ever had before. She felt tears wanting to roll down but she took her handkerchief and imprisoned them in it. Her head had a throbbing pain that wouldn’t go away, her eyes were becoming dizzy, and she was sweating all over even if the weather was a cool one. She knew what was coming next, so she quickly relaxed at a nearby closed kiosk, took deep breaths in and began to think but nothing was coming forth to her memory and just then, her phone rang

She looked at the caller ID and noticed it was her mum calling. She took a deep breath and pick up the call

“Hey mum” she tried to sound relax

“Where are you?! This is 20minutes to 6. Don’t you have a wrist watch to know when it is time to start coming home?!”

Silver looked at her wrist watch and saw that her mum was right “I’m sorry, I’m on my way now. I am close to the market road, so I’ll be taking a cab very soon”

“Ehhen… market road” her mum responded “just hurry but also, since you are close to the market road, just help me go to Iya Sekina’s supermarket, she has something for me that was delivered to her today, help me collect it please”

Silver just wanted to lay her head on her bed and doze off into the next day as soon as she could. She wanted to refuse the errand but instead she calmly said “okay ma. Bye”

Silver sighed as she looked at the distance between herself and the market. She cleaned out the little catarrh in her nose before heading for the market

SILVER’S POV

As I took causal steps towards the market, I couldn’t help Biyi’s words that kept on invading my thoughts. I thought of the possibility of actually losing my memory, but still, it made no sense. How could I lose memory of just a person’s entire existence in my life? It was a probability of one to a trillion. Or maybe he wasn’t the only one I couldn’t remember.

“But if Biyi’s suspicions were right, how did I get to lose my memory in the first place. Have I lost my memory for a long time?” ‘What did I ever mean to you’- those words from Yomi came back to my head. He would have only asked me that question if truly he had known me for so long, right? What did I ever mean to him? Who was he in my life? How long have I known him? ‘Childhood friends’- Biyi’s words came in as a response. Was being childhood friends of so much importance to him?* Where we close?”

I couldn’t help all this questions. I had not a single answer to them. I began to remember the expression on his face before I started rendering apologies that I still can’t explain, the hurt I saw in his eyes… and didn’t want to go crazy. I just needed certainty, something like a proof that would help me know what to do, and just then I felt like someone was calling my attention

I turned back in search of the person and my eyes met a lady that was waving cheerfully at me. She seemed to be in my peer group but I couldn’t recognize her. When I looked intently at her, I suddenly smiled at my remembrance.

I waved back to her as I walked up to her.

“Ahh babes, I have been calling you since. Your mind no just dey road at all (you are lost in your thoughts) the lady said with so much enthusiasm. She owned a small kiosk where she sells clothes. Because of her friendly nature and her good products, I was her well known customer but I couldn’t remember her name.

“No vex jor (don’t be angry),” I apologized. It has been two years since I set my eyes on her, and yet she hadn’t forgotten me. “I didn’t hear you call the first time. How have you been? You look good” I beamed a fake smile

“It’s all God babes” she spoke eloquently. She is educated and thus was another reason why I fancied her also. “Since there’s a little holiday, I decided to try and get small cash from you guys before I head on back to school”

“That’s good, but don’t collect all our money oh” I beamed a smile “don’t worry, I’ll definitely come before going back to school. My eyes are already on that red shirt back there”

“Really!” she was suddenly elated. She stood up to go get the shirt I was referring to “this one?” I nodded affirmatively “don’t worry; I’ll just keep it for you. You are one of my trustworthy customers, you dey give me assurance. (I trust you)” she tuned back to pidgin

I chuckled at her statement. This lady always kept on reminding me that she was Igbo whenever it came to money. She always had a way with her customers.

“Ehhen... that reminds me” she said “that vintage shirt that you picked that last time, you know you were asking if there was two of it, but I didn’t have that time, since then I was angry at myself for not satisfying my customer, so I started buying couple vintage shirts, two-two and they are very fine. So come and buy oh”

“Vintage…?” I had to ask because I was confused “I have bought vintage here before?”

“Ahh have you forgotten? Try and recall. You said you were looking for a nice office shirt at first, but the ones I had didn’t match your taste, so you went for the last vintage shirt I had in stock”

I began to have flashes of my presence at her shop years ago. But they were all different scenarios of the time I bought different clothes from her, none was a vintage shirt. I have never owned a vintage shirt neither have I bought one before and if she claims that I have patronized her before, then why haven’t I seen any in my closet?” I thought within myself

“You said it was a birthday gift” Chiamaka said afterwards she beamed me a funny smile with raised brows. I had suddenly remembered her name.

“A birthday gift?” immediately after my statement, I had flashes of me placing my hands on a hanged vintage shirt trying to feel the texture. I had more flashes of myself making bargains with her “who was it for?” I suddenly popped the question

“I don’t know” Chiamaka smiled for some reason I didn’t quite understand “you never told me”

Just when I was about throw another question, Chiamaka had a customer. I looked at the time and it was already after 6, I couldn’t wait for her to finish with her customer, so I waved and gave her sign languages that I will be coming next time.

As I went towards Iya Sekina’s supermarket, I tried to force some memories back. When I finally arrived at Iya Sekina’s mini supermarket, I took a seat, closed my eyes and tried thinking back to the day I was buying the vintage shirt

My thoughts flowed back calmly with every extra breath I inhaled and exhaled. Slowly, my head began to throb again but I didn’t care, I needed to know, if my forgetfulness was a mere one or Biyi’s suspicions had some sense to it. I needed to know for myself today.

I kept tracing back my thoughts, disregarding every hurtful pain that caved in my head. As far as I would get my results, it would all be worthwhile, so I shut my eyes tightly in order to concentrate and then…!

“Ahh! Ma you are bleeding!” a young boy shouted

To be continued…
My Whatsapp group chat, just contact me with through this line: 08160209971. You support is also really appreciated
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
CHAPTER NINETEEN
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

THE MARKET 1

DAY 6 of ‘ONE WEEK’ (FLASHBACK)

“We are almost there” Silver said, on the phone with Yomi while in the cab

“Alright, I am waiting by the road side” Yomi replied

Few minutes later, the cab in which Silver was in, stop in front of Yomi

“Miss me?” Silver stuck her head out through the window

Yomi couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness. He got into the cab and the driver started the engine.

“How are you?” he intertwined fingers with her and beam a heartwarming smile

“I am sad” she pouched her lips in a childish way

“Why? Are you okay?” He asked concerned

“Today isn’t going as planned because of me. This week is supposed to be just us, but I always ruin things. I keep stressing you and I am sorry” She sounded remorseful

Yomi laid back and threw her closer into a side embrace placing his other hand on her shoulder as she leaned on him. He planted a slight kiss on her forehead and said “first of, anything that has to with you and me, doesn’t have the word ‘stress’ imbibed in it. Secondly, you haven’t ruined anything. The day still has both of us together in it. It is not your fault you have to go the market today. Besides, look on the bright side…”

“What rubbish bright side” Silver cut in with a funny glare

Yomi chuckled at her expression and continued “you would be the first lady I would be escorting to the market apart from my mum and sisters and I am really looking forward to it.

Silver laughed at his last statement “you are looking forward to going up and down in the market, under this hot sun, carrying heavy load?" She laughed again when she saw Yomi’s adjusted expression “like you said, I am looking forward to it” she held on tight to him as she continued laughing

*AT THE MARKET

“So what are you getting first?”

“I actually have a lot on my list so I’ll just get anyone that comes my way first.” She responded

They both moved side by side, at times, Silver would be in front while Yomi followed. Yomi would stand and admire the way she negotiated with buyers. Sometimes, she won the negotiations while other times, she would just give up because there was no point pricing any further as some buyers where just dogmatic in nature

“I need pepper” Silver said while roaming her eyes in search for the perfect pepper seller to patronize. “There” she took his attention to a seller.

Yomi’s hands were beginning to hurt already as a result of the load he was carrying. He didn’t bother giving her a response as he just followed her blindly. The sun was beginning to burn but when he turned his gaze to her again, admiring the way she smiled and politely greeted the pepper seller, it reminded him of her warm heart. He didn’t know when a smile crept on his face amazed at the way she talked with the woman while negotiating and just as he kept staring at her, the woman made a comment to them

“You two should hurry and go home, the sun is too hot.” the woman said this as she gave Silver the pepper she bought while smiling at Yomi she also said “it is not good for her”

Silver and Yomi simultaneously exchanged glance and both tried to hide their weird smile from the woman

“We will” that’s all Silver could say with a blushing smile

“Thank you ma” Yomi said before they left her spot.

As both began walking side by side, both started smiling uncontrollably to each other at the scenario that just pulled out

“Oh my God, she thinks we are married” Silver finally said

Yomi couldn’t find a response to give. They began to take notice of the eyes that surrounded them, and many eyes gazed at them like them were newlyweds. Yomi was walking closely beside Silver and carrying the load. Silver would buy and place into the bag he held. It was more like a division of labor kind of thing that the sellers admired. Even the meat seller acknowledged Yomi by referring to him as ‘oga’ (a respected man)

“Why aren’t you saying anything” Silver asked him with a smile

“What do you expect me to say” Yomi was also overwhelmed. He liked what he heard. Marrying Silver is a prayer that is always on his lips with each passing day. She had every woman quality he craved for; she was his ‘perfect’, and who wouldn’t want to marry their perfect dream and right now, he suddenly felt that dream came through, even if it was a short while, he had the privilege to be seen as her husband. He had the privilege to walk side by side with her and instead of people judging them, they complimented them and looked out for their safety. “We must look good together” he thought. Seeing the helpless smile on her face also, it pleased him, because that was a proof that she didn’t reject the thought. He wished he could hold her hand, so everyone could see how truly happy he was to be beside this lady but he couldn’t, he just couldn’t.

“I am practically done now” Silver said after getting tomatoes “so let’s just get a cab” Silver saw the tiredness in Yomi already. He had been carrying the load for hours and his hands were already hurting

“Finally” Yomi blurted out

Silver busted into a laugh “awwnn my darling, you must be really tired. Sorry”

They walked over to a cab park and got in. the driver had to get something so he pleaded for their patience and went ahead. As Yomi sat close to the window side, Silver intertwined hands with him and leaned on him. She was happy, because today turned out perfectly. She remembered the scenario with the pepper seller, and she felt her cheeks hurt with a blush. She loved this man so much and it didn’t feel bad been regarded as his wife.

“Thanks hubby for the day” Silver said softly “sorry about your hand” she saw the redness on his fingers. She intertwined her hand again hoping it would heal it if it could.

He planted a kiss on her forehead “I wouldn’t mind being your husband all over again”

Silver bit her lips as she looked at his eyes. She wanted so much to kiss him at that moment, but an old woman standing by the door side called their attention

She began to speak in a language both of them didn’t quite understand…

*PRESENT DAY

“Ahh! Ma you are bleeding!” a young boy shouted

“What!” Silver jotted out of her trance and looked at the little boy who pointed at her nose. He had already called a lot of attention before she regained consciousness

She felt something slowly oozing off the right side of her nose. She place her index finger to see what it was – blood

“Are you okay” a gentleman knelt before her and handed her a handkerchief

“I…am…I…”

“Ahh Silver!” Iya Sekina called out when she noticed the supposed bleeding person at the front of her shop was her customer’s daughter “why are you bleeding, are you okay?”

“Ye…ye…yes ma. I’m fine” Silver was still in a disoriented state. She looked back at the young guy that just lent her his handkerchief “thank you” she said to him

“I am fine everyone, thank you. I am sorry for causing an alarm”

“Thank you” Iya Sekina said to the people that gathered. She turned to Silver “come inside”. Immediately, Iya Sekina dialed a number and it started ringing

Silver hurriedly took the phone from her and cut the call “sorry ma, but please don’t tell her. Honestly speaking, I am fine.”

“But you were ble…”

“Probably because of the weather” Silver cut in “I really am okay. See, the bleeding stopped” she removed the handkerchief from her nose to show her proof, but immediately she felt more blood was about to drop, she returned the handkerchief to its former position before Iya Sekina could notice

“Okay then. Do you need anything?” Iya Sekina asked concerned

“No ma, thank you. Just that my mum told me to collect something from you”

“Oh yes that’s true. I’ll be right back”

She handed Silver the package when she returned “I called a cab for you, so just sit and wait”

“Oh, thank you very much ma. I appreciate”

“It’s okay. In case you need anything before the cab arrives, just call my attention. In the meantime, take, it will help”

Silver collected the milk box she was handed without opposing. She was thirsty and drained after all “thank you ma”

As she sat down waiting, she thought back to the few memories she just got back. She never had thoughts or any slight remembrance of these events she suddenly remembered. Biyi’s suspicions were correct all along. A tear threatened to fall out, but she quickly caught it at the corner of her eyes.

She remembered buying the vintage shirt for Yomi – his facials where no longer blurry.

“Silver, the cab has arrived. Be careful alright” Iya Sekina came out to inform her

“I will, thank you ma”. She stood up and headed for the exit. Iya Sekina escorted her outside to the cab and they drove off

Silver kept inhaling and exhaling trying to calm the pool of tears that threatened to pour out

She remembered how she gifted him the shirt on his birthday along with other things and the promises he made about holding on to them. She remembered glimpses of their time together at the market. She wiped away the tear that had already dropped.

“If it has been two years since I gifted him the shirt, which means it’s been two years since I couldn’t remember him”. Remembering their time at the market again, she thought of how close they had been. She thought of the possibility of how dearly they had loved each other. She thought of the hurt he would have felt for the past two years.

She started fixing the pieces together. The things he said at Biyi’s place. Now she could pin point why he looked so hurt by her words each time she acted clueless
“Ahh” she gasped with pain in her heart.
She couldn’t hold it in anymore – she let the tears out.

To be continued…
My Whatsapp group chat by contacting this line;08160209971
And also for support and sponsorship
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2022
CHAPTER TWENTY
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

WHO IS YOMI?

SILVER’S POV

I made sure to wipe every tear trace from my eyes before getting into the house. Standing at the doorstep, I took in a deep but silent breath and exhaled calmly and then, I entered.

I saw my parents in the sitting room watching TV so I quickly used my handkerchief to gag my face so they wouldn’t notice my swollen eyes, I prayed my mum wouldn’t have those sharp eyes that would allow her notice. I greeted both of my parents and went over to my mum to hand over her package.

“Are you okay?” my mum said coincidentally

“Ye…yes I am” I tried not to maintain eye contact with her. I kept looking towards the TV like I was interested in the movie they were watching

“Okay. Thank you” she said referring to the package I brought for her

“No problem. I need to go and freshen…” I hurriedly dash off even before I finished my sentence.

When I got into the room, I saw Stephanie lying on the bed and probably chatting. I also didn’t want her to notice my swollen eyes, so I dropped my bag and hurriedly went into the bathroom to take my bath.

“Are you okay?!” she asked

“Yeah” I solely responded

“Wait, are you pooing” I heard her burst into a laugh “because you just came in and the first place you entered was the toilet” she continued “so your poo made you run home” The bathroom was constructed along with a toilet so she assumed I was defecating.

I didn’t have the strength to get into banter with her, so I just turned on the shower and had my bath.

When I came out, I still saw her fixated on her phone. I went to the other side of the room to get dressed. I didn’t want to think about Yomi, Biyi, or even Osize. I just needed to sleep off to the next day.

“Oya na, give me gist (so, gist me). How is our in-law?” Stephanie asked while still fixated on her phone. Turns out she was actually playing candy crush. I couldn’t think of a response to give her, I didn’t want to talk, but Stephanie was always demanding whenever it came to gisting

“Silves” Stephanie called with the nickname she gave me demanding for a response

“He’s fine” I snapped and that triggered Stephanie’s attention to me fully as she dropped her phone and sat up, staring at me

“Why are your eyes swollen” she had noticed. I wished Stephanie didn’t have a keen eye sight at this moment and would just let me be “where you crying?! Did Biyi hurt you?!”

“What?! No!” I was taken by surprise by her ridiculous assumption. I sighed heavily and squeezed my eyes with my fingers trying to rub off the amount of exhaustion I felt “look, I didn’t have the best day, but I’m fine. I just need to lay my head” after saying this, I went over to the bed and lay at the other corner.

I covered myself with a blanket and closed my eyes but I opened them immediately when the first image that crept in was that of Yomi. So I decided to look into the thin air, hopefully, I would doze off.

The atmosphere was quiet for some time, and then I felt Stephanie also lying on the bed behind me.

“I am here whenever you want to talk about it” she finally spoke

Hearing those words, I felt a sudden sense of comfort. I was becoming teary again and I just wanted comfort. I wanted to tell her everything and then after the cries and advice, she would cheer me up as always. This is the kind of person Stephanie is. She has always been there, through every step of the way, always looking out for me…

I paused

“Would she know? That I lost a part of my memory? How would she? It’s not like I ever gave signs of forgetting someone that seemed dear to me especially when I couldn’t remember him.” An epiphany struck me “if Yomi seemed to be really dear to me, there is a high tendency we must have dated and I would have definitely confided in Stephanie. I wouldn’t want to hide such a thing from her. If I couldn’t remember Yomi for two years now, which means something happened two years ago. Stephanie should have asked me about Yomi for these past two years that I never mentioned him, but she never did” Or did we break up?

I sat up like a ghost and tittered my head towards Stephanie who was now staring at me in a confused way. “We couldn’t have broken up then, because if we did, Yomi would have gotten that closure he requested at Biyi’s place a long time ago”

“Why are you creeping me out like a ghost? What is it?”

I turned my whole body to her and sat on the bed. I was still contemplated if I should ask or not. Stephanie wasn’t around few years ago. She gained admission to the university before me, so she was always busy. But why all of a sudden did she start spending every holiday here for the past two years. I looked at her in denial that she would ever keep anything from me

“No no no” I muttered trying to deny the facts

“What is it?” Stephanie was becoming more curious

“Stephanie” I finally called out

“Yessss Silver”

“Have you… no… do you… no…” I was scared for some sort. My head kept running through memories of us together especially for these past two years – excessive calls, excessive visits – I saw them as us keeping in touch, but what if there was something more to it

“Sliver would you just spill it out already”

I didn’t know how else to bring forth the question, so I just let it out
“Who is Yomi?”

Stephanie froze

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2022
❣️So the PDF is gonna be out next week
❣️ Posting of daily episodes ended yesterday (apologies for saying this late)
❣️as many that still have opinions on how the book is gonna end, u still gat time till the PDF comes out, if u know u are great in predicting� keep ur comments coming. The price is 1k(could be sent as recharge card or to the winners acct, depending on how the winner wants it)
❣️ �also, this book is gonna be published hopefully, and I would appreciate you guys to be part of it�.
❣️if you have enjoyed the book so far, and u also feel it's worth publishing, ur support is gonna be seen when u request for the PDF�
❣️ A minimum of ₦500 for the PDF of 'OUR LOVE STORY' by Praise Umoru(you can send more than ₦500 if you feel it's too small���)
❣️ Account details: 0442826782
Gtbank, UMORU PRAISE
❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️thank you so much for your love and support in publishing this book
It means alot Familiar�❣️❣️❣️

P.s Excerpts from some chapters will be posted to keep ur anticipation charged up�

Also, once the PDF is ready, I'll make sure to notify u all, but as of now, u can save my WhatsApp number: 08160209971, so u can send your proof of payment. Once again. Thank u all

For the meantime, you can check out my thriller novels on Amazon. Just search for 'THE STORY 1&2 by PRAISE UMORU amazon.com
And I bet they will interest u a whole lot. I got alot of fascinating reviews and I bet, u would have one of yours when u are done reading

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by EagleSquare1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 29, 2022
That Question! Hmmmn

Peebee17:
CHAPTER TWENTY
OUR LOVE STORY
BY PRAISE UMORU

WHO IS YOMI?

SILVER’S POV

I made sure to wipe every tear trace from my eyes before getting into the house. Standing at the doorstep, I took in a deep but silent breath and exhaled calmly and then, I entered.

I saw my parents in the sitting room watching TV so I quickly used my handkerchief to gag my face so they wouldn’t notice my swollen eyes, I prayed my mum wouldn’t have those sharp eyes that would allow her notice. I greeted both of my parents and went over to my mum to hand over her package.

“Are you okay?” my mum said coincidentally

“Ye…yes I am” I tried not to maintain eye contact with her. I kept looking towards the TV like I was interested in the movie they were watching

“Okay. Thank you” she said referring to the package I brought for her

“No problem. I need to go and freshen…” I hurriedly dash off even before I finished my sentence.

When I got into the room, I saw Stephanie lying on the bed and probably chatting. I also didn’t want her to notice my swollen eyes, so I dropped my bag and hurriedly went into the bathroom to take my bath.

“Are you okay?!” she asked

“Yeah” I solely responded

“Wait, are you pooing” I heard her burst into a laugh “because you just came in and the first place you entered was the toilet” she continued “so your poo made you run home” The bathroom was constructed along with a toilet so she assumed I was defecating.

I didn’t have the strength to get into banter with her, so I just turned on the shower and had my bath.

When I came out, I still saw her fixated on her phone. I went to the other side of the room to get dressed. I didn’t want to think about Yomi, Biyi, or even Osize. I just needed to sleep off to the next day.

“Oya na, give me gist (so, gist me). How is our in-law?” Stephanie asked while still fixated on her phone. Turns out she was actually playing candy crush. I couldn’t think of a response to give her, I didn’t want to talk, but Stephanie was always demanding whenever it came to gisting

“Silves” Stephanie called with the nickname she gave me demanding for a response

“He’s fine” I snapped and that triggered Stephanie’s attention to me fully as she dropped her phone and sat up, staring at me

“Why are your eyes swollen” she had noticed. I wished Stephanie didn’t have a keen eye sight at this moment and would just let me be “where you crying?! Did Biyi hurt you?!”

“What?! No!” I was taken by surprise by her ridiculous assumption. I sighed heavily and squeezed my eyes with my fingers trying to rub off the amount of exhaustion I felt “look, I didn’t have the best day, but I’m fine. I just need to lay my head” after saying this, I went over to the bed and lay at the other corner.

I covered myself with a blanket and closed my eyes but I opened them immediately when the first image that crept in was that of Yomi. So I decided to look into the thin air, hopefully, I would doze off.

The atmosphere was quiet for some time, and then I felt Stephanie also lying on the bed behind me.

“I am here whenever you want to talk about it” she finally spoke

Hearing those words, I felt a sudden sense of comfort. I was becoming teary again and I just wanted comfort. I wanted to tell her everything and then after the cries and advice, she would cheer me up as always. This is the kind of person Stephanie is. She has always been there, through every step of the way, always looking out for me…

I paused

“Would she know? That I lost a part of my memory? How would she? It’s not like I ever gave signs of forgetting someone that seemed dear to me especially when I couldn’t remember him.” An epiphany struck me “if Yomi seemed to be really dear to me, there is a high tendency we must have dated and I would have definitely confided in Stephanie. I wouldn’t want to hide such a thing from her. If I couldn’t remember Yomi for two years now, which means something happened two years ago. Stephanie should have asked me about Yomi for these past two years that I never mentioned him, but she never did” Or did we break up?

I sat up like a ghost and tittered my head towards Stephanie who was now staring at me in a confused way. “We couldn’t have broken up then, because if we did, Yomi would have gotten that closure he requested at Biyi’s place a long time ago”

“Why are you creeping me out like a ghost? What is it?”

I turned my whole body to her and sat on the bed. I was still contemplated if I should ask or not. Stephanie wasn’t around few years ago. She gained admission to the university before me, so she was always busy. But why all of a sudden did she start spending every holiday here for the past two years. I looked at her in denial that she would ever keep anything from me

“No no no” I muttered trying to deny the facts

“What is it?” Stephanie was becoming more curious

“Stephanie” I finally called out

“Yessss Silver”

“Have you… no… do you… no…” I was scared for some sort. My head kept running through memories of us together especially for these past two years – excessive calls, excessive visits – I saw them as us keeping in touch, but what if there was something more to it

“Sliver would you just spill it out already”

I didn’t know how else to bring forth the question, so I just let it out
“Who is Yomi?”

Stephanie froze

To be continued…
Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 12:23pm On May 05, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen!, boys and girls! grab your phones, because the moment you have been waiting for is finally here

The PDF of the lastest book by one of your fav authors 'OUR LOVE STORY' is finally ready for read

To get the PDF of 'OUR LOVE STORY'
just send a minimum of ₦500 to this account
0442826782, Gtbank
Umoru Praise

The PDF copy would be available for those that send a proof of payment to this WhatsApp line +2348160209971

The PDF is going to be available from Thursday 5th, May 2022 to Sunday 8th May 2022. After which to get the PDF would be on the published site(which one be notified later) with a higher pay, so hurry and get yours copy now‼️

Re: 'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) by Peebee17(f): 8:41pm On May 10, 2022
So publication date was postponed till the end of the month, so come get ur PDF so u can entertain urself familia.
If u love this novel so far, and you not only wanna know the resolution but feel it's worth publishing, pls send a minimum of ₦500 to this account
Gtbank
Praise Umoru

Then send proof of payment to this WhatsApp number- 08160209971
And instantly get ur very own PDF copy.

Thanks alot everyone, I wouldn't have gone this far without the time you spared out to read.

(1) (Reply)

Downlaod Rich Dad Poor Dad And Other Audio Books Here And Get 200free Sms / Story: 3 Sisters And A Copper / Erotic Story Of How Mezie Slept With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 385
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.