Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. (30095 Views)

Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / Bride's Boobs Pop Out On Her Wedding Day (Photo) / Bride Stuns In Massive Cleveage-Baring Dress On Her Wedding Day (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2022
Hello everyone! cool My name is Adekola Taiwo. I am a wedding photographer based in Ibadan, Nigeria. cool I am also a wedding and events consultant and I share free wedding tips on my instagram page every week.

My Instagram page is @Timagex_bridal_clicks.

This week, I will be sharing six important things potential couples must do before their wedding day. shocked

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2022
1. DO A COMPLETE TEST RUN OF ALL YOUR WEDDING ATTIRES AND SHOES. cool

According to fashion designers, some dresses only fit when you stand or walk a few steps in them. New dresses, like, your wedding dress might become a little bit loose or tight on your wedding day.

Imagine you are a bride, you are walking down the aisle with the little bride in front of you, but, you can't walk properly because your shoe feels too tight or you are dancing and the shoes decides to come off!!! shocked grin grin cheesy Scary right? embarassed or as a groom, your trouser is too tight and you can't walk comfortably? All these will not happen if you did a test run of "ALL" your wedding attires.

I have personally seen cases where some brides find it hard to walk in their wedding gown! So, it is very important for the prospective couple to walk, sit, dance, and do ALL the activities they might do on their wedding day before the actual wedding day! It even brings a kind of confidence and erases the fear of something going wrong. shocked

Don't forget the shoes!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
2. SUBMIT A FINAL CHECK LIST TO YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER. cool

It is a known fact that, most Nigerian weddings are always filled with invited and sometimes, uninvited guests. Hot jollof na your mate? grin cool Some of these uninvited guests dress so well that, someone might erroneously think they are related to the couple. The downside of this, is that, the photographer might find it hard in recognizing genuine family members.

But, there is a solution. cool The solution is that, the couple should submit a check list to the photographer and then, assign a family member that can help in recognizing the important guests. This will help to filter out the people who came to the reception for hot semo. wink Imagine a situation whereby, your big uncle who came all the way from canada did not even feature in the photographs because he dressed like a random guest.

The check list is like a to do list. It will contain the things that you give the most priority to. Give your photographer a check list to remind them of important things and important personalities. smiley

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
3. SEND YOUR PREFERRED PLAYLIST TO YOUR DJ. cool

It is very important for the couple to make a list of most preferred songs that they want the DJ to play at their wedding reception or after party. Most of the time, the DJ just plays a trendy song that he feels the couple will like and this might not go down well because the couple might have a different taste in music. Imagine a situation whereby, the dad of the bride (a respected pastor) is dancing with the bride and the DJ chips in "za zu zeh"!! cheesy grin or "idi oremi" by naira marley! Abomination!! shocked shocked grin grin grin (This situation happened at a wedding I photographed in Osogbo, Nigeria) cheesy

Furthermore, there are even situations whereby the new couple and their friends might have special dance steps rehearsed for a particular songs. It is not going to happen if your DJ is not carried along.

So, potential couples, put together a list of your favourite jams and send to your DJ before the wedding day. cool

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2022
4. ASSIGN SOMEONE TO PICK YOUR CALLS AND RESPOND TO MESSAGES.

It is not a rare sight to see the bride or the groom taking calls and responding to messages while the church service or the niqqah is going on. Apart from the fact that is it bad, it also drains concentration. As a couple, it is very easy to be caught up in calls and messages on your wedding day. But, one of the disadvantages is that, it leaves you disoriented and absent minded. Instead, assign a trusted friend or family member to respond to calls and messages. Some grooms give their phones to their best man and some brides give their phones to their chief brides maid, which is totally cool. smiley Let your phone handler know his or her role before the wedding day. It is very important.

There are situations where the photographer might be trying to take a creative shot of the couple and needs to do a bit of quick directing, but, he misses the shot because the bride was not paying attention, instead, she was directing who should get jollof or semo! undecided

As a couple, your phones will always distract you on your wedding day. Have someone to handle the phones.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2022
5. GO OVER LOGISTIC PLANS. shocked

Who is driving the couple? How are the parents' of the groom going to get to the reception? The last thing you want to hear as a couple is that, some family members got lost on the road because they cannot locate the event centre or the church program is about to start but the ring bearer is in another car that is now stuck in traffic!! shocked sad These kind of logistic issues can cause hearts to beat faster than normal. It can even make the groom to start sweating from the inside. grin grin grin

The first precautionary move is to hire a good logistics or transport company to handle everything. But, if hiring a company is too pricey, get family members to handle it. Go over the logistic plans over and over again. It is better to be over prepared than to be under prepared.

Make sure that capable hands are on deck.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
6. SECURITY!

One of the things guests remember after events is how they felt and how they were treated. There is nothing as glorious as your guests feeling pretty secured and safe while they do justice to the exquisite delicacies before them with peace of mind.

Weddings are always filled with invited and unknown faces. I have personally seen examples where some people decided to fight at receptions because of a plate of jollof rice. As a new couple, your safety and that of your guests are very important. Dont take it mildly. It is advisable to hire security agents before hand as some people are not easily controlled until they see stronger forces.

A warning from a goliath looking bouncer is enough to instill peace in some situations. grin grin Security is very important, make adequate provisions for it. cool

Thank you for sticking with us till the end. cool We do not take it for granted. smiley kiss Watch this space as more tips will follow.

Please, feel free to add your own tips and advice. I remain timagex_bridal_clicks. Your favorite wedding photographer. cool kiss
please, help to push to the promise land. cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Timagex(m): 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2022
By the way, I took these pictures. cool follow @timagex_bridal_clicks on instagram for wedding related contents. CHECK MY SIGNATURE April discount is also on... cool cool cool

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by princepee: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
Whatever you do don't go soak garri after your wedding.
Reception is not marriage.

Make it simple and go home with your wife.

Those who come to eat joloff will not be with you after the reception..
Be wise.
My wedding only ten guests, 5 from wifey family 5 from mine. Shikina!

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
P

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Romanoff(f): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
Take time to think it through to see if the person you're about to marry is worth committing to for the rest of your life.

E get why.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Emmexguy123: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
I want to travel out of Africa especially Nigeria but I don't have the money to do that.

Please Someone should pay for me and I'm ready to pay back twice or thrice of whatever you spend on me.

Please I'm not gonna do anything drug,, internet scam and whatever that will get me into the hands of police or any force.

I'm the only son of my mother and father and they love me so much and so,,I don't want to waste my time in the hands of the police or lose my life and cause a big disappointment to them.

Thanks for your consideration and quick reply.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by ictplotter(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
Rubbish and absolutely rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2022
7. Don't allow hungry Tilumbu amala and ewedu urchins to know your wedding venue if you don't want your guests to suffer pickpocketing

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Kunlelee: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice point you have there, most especially that shoes part, it may look insignificant but mehn it can spoil your mood for the day.

6 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Massiveglory: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
Because of Event of how many hours Na im you wan kill yourself with list.
Wedding is just a few hrs or at Most one day. Marriage is a life time journey. Don't spend all your time for a One day event. You still have a life time journey ahead.

7 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by zarakikenpa(m): 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2022
TRASH!

3 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by maziuwa(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
You are right

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by zinaunreal(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Who wedding epp. This is a useless topic and I blame moderators for forcing it down our throats

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Aboguede(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Everyday marriage advice yet high rate of marriage failures shocked

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by sleekysleek: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Genotype, fertility and other recommended medical tests including Rhesus D.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by boysy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Don't forget to ensure the Hotel you booked for your wedding night is intact. Ensure to leave to the hotel with your wife immediately after the wedding. Else all the money you make for the wedding will be used to settle transport of your siblings

12 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice one, I missed that #3, the DJ was just playing rubbish, anyway na village shall
Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by kayuseful: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
cheesy
Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by thrillionaire(m): 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice. I like the way you're advertising yourself here by being helpful - sharing free tips for more hitchfree weddings.
I've learnt a thing or two from your style. More grace to you and your work.
I'll check out your Instagram.

12 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by chatinent: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Nice write-up.
Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by profdotcom: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
That security is very important, especially when pastor go shout, any person wey get anything to say that will make this wedding no hold, security go just eye any moutherfuka wey go try say any rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by zarakikenpa(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
boysy:
Don't forget to ensure the Hotel you booked for your wedding night is intact. Ensure to leave to the hotel with your wife immediately after the wedding. Else all the money you make for the wedding will be used to settle transport of your siblings

Just see yarns. SMH

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by LordIsaac(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yet, you'll still find something amiss. You can only do so much o.

1 Like

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by nuele(m): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2022
Beautifully crafted

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Things You Must Do Before Your Wedding Day. by Dididrumz(m): 9:09pm On Apr 01, 2022
Omor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

85 Happy New Year 2019 Messages, New Year SMS & Wishes To Send To Loved Ones / Jocelyn Dumas Falls On-Stage With Denrele's Boots / Jilted Wife Storms Ex-husband’s Wedding With Their Kids In Kenya (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.