Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. (36726 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / As EU Eyes Stopping Russian Gas Imports, Israel Sees An Opening ( Pix) / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Igbofam: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
alabo1:

They are free from what? Because their consumption is small they can follow the whims of their puppet masters and payer higher and get subsidies and aid from the West to support this statement. Bottom line their loss makes no sent on Russia's inflow from Gas Sales. The major users can not afford it. Also in case you don't Pipeline Gas is 7 times cheaper than LNG. Please research on Germany's statement on Russian Gas purchases to understand that their is no sentiment in Global Geo/economic politics. Peace
[/s]

But they are free. Full stop. grin

1 Like

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Igbofam: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
alabo1:

You lack comprehension so I won't bother after this. All three countries joined together do not make up to 1% of global consumption or even 1% of Russian Gas exports. I believe you did basic maths. You are talking about countries that combined do not use up to 100 cubic daily to Germany that uses 8.6 billion? It is people like you who have no clue that celebrate this when CNN posts this. Go and sleep young man
[/s]

This thing dey really pain you Sha grin
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by lexy2014: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
rolams:

Why do you also remembered to ask this question now?

Why do I also "remembered"....?

Is it until now that other European countries just realised that they have to free themselves of Russian gas?

Are Europe and Russia not still business partners?
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Topmaike007(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2022
simplesearch:

There is no cause for alarm as there is actually no country that will overcome Israel through warfare, the only weapon with which Israel will be conquer will be through peace talk, leading them to a state of total disarmament. You wonder if they can be so foolish; but wait, that time will surely come. Or you think if there is any Arab nation that can overcome the present Israel with whatever weapon, you think they wouldn't have done so long ago. Themselves are angry at Israel because for now none of their plan can work once it has to do with warfare, but they'll change their tactics to peace talk and confirm it with action, then Israel will fall for it. It will be an unspeakable massacre then, but Jesus will come to their rescue before they're annihilated.
OGA commot Jesus talk from Israeli because they're not christian and also Iran are not Arab, they're Persian
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by 00FFT00(m): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2022
princeeze1:

That is the level of their ignorance. A local government in Lagos is more populated than Lithuania. Lagos has 15m people, Lithuania has 2.5m people. So their gas consumption is very insignificant, they can afford to buy one shipment that will last their generation ages. When big economies like Germany are talking, a local government will still be talking.

Lithuania's population as at 2020 stood at 2,795 million and a $55 billion dollar GDP.

Today, Ndi-igbo number a strong 40 million+ very hard working and resilient people, yet OneNigerians tell you they're too few to form a nation of their own, and would even starve if that is to happen.

Ndi Oshi!
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Jofet(m): 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
You know nothing about business management and marketing. Go and read about the broomstick theory
Randerl:
Watz the population of lithuania?

If you dont understand the message, pls dont quote me, am begging you.
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by pquaver(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ofadaman:

Lithuania will lose more because they export more to Russia, so their source of income has just shrank by 4b$.

Can u. Now use your logic and apply it to Russia and the west.. and tell u keep telling us us how Russia will survive.. If Russia will survive so will Lithuania..
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by alabo1: 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
Igbofam:
[s][/s]

This thing dey really pain you Sha grin
Pain who? We talk logically with facts. You Western Zombies can't even think for yourselves. Keep on living in delusion. Soon your eyes will clear. The Grand master has the West in check. Revert to me later. Peace
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by alabo1: 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
Igbofam:
[s][/s]

You guys never cease to amuse me. You can never give constructive counter arguments. When it's beyond your comprehension this is what you resort to. My question again is free from what. You will never be able to answer that so I give up. Have a nice night son
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by TWoods(m): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
joyandfaith:
Russia will loose customers
Customers like China and India will take advantages of cheap oil from Russia and may even sell to other country. Third party trading.
Iran will start to make more oil money. More weapons for Iran. Israel should wake up, bombs are coming from Iran.
Other oil producing countries will also increase oil production. Nigeria should wake up.
European customers might have to endure for a while. European leaders will look for alternatives as soon as possible.

Israel has had the iron dome system for years... they are fully awake.
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Igbofam: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
[s]
alabo1:

You guys never cease to amuse me. You can never give constructive counter arguments. When it's beyond your comprehension this is what you resort to. My question again is free from what. You will never be able to answer that so I give up. Have a nice night son
[/s]

They are free Period.
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:05am On Apr 03, 2022
The following lists major buyers of Russian oil:

Neftohim Burgas

A Bulgarian refinery, owned by Russia’s Lukoil, and, with Russian crude accounting for about 60 percent of its intake, continues to refine Russian crude.

MiRo

Russian crude continues to account for about 14 percent of the intake at Germany’s largest refinery, Miro, which is 24 percent owned by Rosneft.

PCK Schwedt

Germany’s refinery, 54 percent owned by Rosneft, receives crude oil via the Druzhba pipeline.

Pertamina

Indonesian state energy firm PT Pertamina is considering buying crude oil from Russia as it seeks oil for a newly revamped refinery.

Leuna

The land-locked Leuna refinery in eastern Germany, majority-owned by TotalEnergies, is also fed Russian crude by the Druzhba pipeline.

Hellenic Petroleum

Greece’s biggest oil refiner relies on Russian crude for about 15 percent of its intake. The company earlier this month secured additional supplies from Saudi Arabia.

ISAB

Italy’s largest refinery, owned by Lukoil-controlled Swiss-based Litasco SA, processes Russian and non-Russian crude.

MOL

The Hungarian oil group, which operates three refineries in Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia, continues to be supplied by the Druzhba pipeline. Hungary is opposed to sanctions on Russian oil and gas.

Zeeland Refinery

The Dutch refinery, 45 percent owned by Lukoil, declined to comment on whether it was using Russian crude oil.

Rotterdam Refinery

Exxon Mobil declined to comment on whether its Dutch refinery in Rotterdam was using Russian crude oil.

Hindustan Petroleum

India’s state refiner bought two million barrels of Russian Urals for May loading, according to trading sources last week.

Indian Oil Corporation

India’s top refiner on March 23 bought three million barrels of Urals for May delivery from Vitol, trade sources said. This is the second purchase of Urals by IOC since Russia invaded Ukraine on February 24.

Nayara Energy

Indian private refiner, part-owned by Russia’s Rosneft, has bought Russian oil after a gap of a year, buying about 1.8 million barrels of Urals from trader Trafigura.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/29/who-is-still-buying-russian-crude-oil?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3Rfh_S2JF3gOL3m54inw0Qz2oG_klgi7sgtOTJzj1zCn8oM4s7HEL4Hmg
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:

Lithuania appears poised to provide service to other Baltic states (Latvia and Estonia)

They have more LNG than they can use this was why the article said "others" have placed their orders.

It’s like you actually have a problem with reading and comprehension. For me,it’s the audacity with which you display your ignorance. With so much glee and pride! Where did you get the information that Lithuania has more than enough gas and is now willing to export to Latvia and Estonia?
Let me help you. Lithuania has decided to go full LNG because they have an LNG terminal in place since 2016, something most European nations like Germany does not have and will require some years to build. Being a small country and less industrialized, with few LNG shipments, it can cope. The entire Baltic states are interconnected to Russian gas pipeline, it says Lithuania will continue to allow the transit of Russian gas coming from Belarus via its territory to Latvia and co, but they themselves would not buy from the pipeline. Lithuania does not produce gas, I wonder what you wanted it to sell to Latvia and co.
I hope it’s clear now?

1 Like

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by kingjis: 1:12am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:

I am actually laughing at your pain grin

The thing pain you sha cheesy

Keep laughing at your stupidity
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by kodded(m): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2022
lexy2014:

Who classified the decisions? What are the classified decisions?
comrade abeg take easy, that guy no sabi anything grin
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by DerrickzB: 2:03am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:

Read the article again and ask for understanding

Entire demand is already met. The reason they mentioned Poland was just in case there is any eventuality. However they already have their needs met now.

A lot of you read but lack understanding of whatever you read so I understand

The problem with you people is that you do not hesitate to disrespect and insult a person!!! I wonder how you guys make arguments with people around you!!! SMH
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by gowaga68: 3:35am On Apr 03, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by joyandfaith: 4:00am On Apr 03, 2022
kingjis:

[s]You know nothing educate illiterate
As big as you are ,you can't read the hand writings on the wall [/s]
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by rolams(m): 4:02am On Apr 03, 2022
lexy2014:

Is it until now that other European countries just realised that they have to free themselves of Russian gas?

Why are you curiously asking this question now?

Why do you choose to tell your girlfriends you love them and later ended up marrying just one out them?

Why do you keep jumping from one girl to another?

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by seanwilliam(m): 4:08am On Apr 03, 2022
princeeze1:

Next time, when you are unsure of yourself, make a simple research before commenting on a intellectual discussion. Lagos GDP is 3 times bigger than that of Lithuania.
how is Lagos state gdp 3 times bigger ??

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by HitSong: 4:13am On Apr 03, 2022
[s]
Igbofam:
[b]For the western propaganda pundits this news is direct from Delfi which is a major internet portal in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania providing daily news.

Putin puppets actually thought Europe couldn't break away from dependency on Russian gas. Well Lithuania has paved the way and shown them how it is done.[b]

[b]Russia has lost Lithuania and others will follow more rapidly grin

Na oversabi make Monkey (Russia) think say high tension cable na tree branch[b] grin

[b]Make I sit down for this fine plot of land[/] cheesy
[/s]
Or deh

Keep fooling yourself
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by plaindealer: 4:41am On Apr 03, 2022
Putin go soon start drinking and sniffing his own oil and gas.

Ode oponu..

grin grin

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by BleedTears: 5:15am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:

They are not buying through a black market. Their structure is solid so no worry

LoL no be only solid na liquid.

Worry over watin biko? Just telling you the bitter truth.

The way they publish they have abandoned Russia gas, they will not publish it when they finally started buying from the black market.

This has happened over and over with another country. China blocked Facebook since 2009, but their government Media dey use am till date.

Don't be deceived ask anybody in America or Europe it will only take time for reality to hit them.

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 03, 2022
Too bad, Europe to pay a heavy price for gas soon.
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Nitah1: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:

https://m.delfi.lt/lietuvoje/article.php?id=89872141
where are the nincompoops that were noising up and down here about Russia gas?
I pity una plus Russia.
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Elporo(m): 7:52am On Apr 03, 2022
princeeze1:

That is the level of their ignorance. A local government in Lagos is more populated than Lithuania. Lagos has 15m people, Lithuania has 2.5m people. So their gas consumption is very insignificant, they can afford to buy one shipment that will last their generation ages. When big economies like Germany are talking, a local government will still be talking.

Lithuania's gas is coming from Poland. Poland's gas comes from Russia grin
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Nitah1: 7:53am On Apr 03, 2022
Igbofam:
[s][/s]

grin
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2022
seanwilliam:
how is Lagos state gdp 3 times bigger ??

Oga sir, the problem is that you people just rush to quote without doing research or reading properly. The screenshot you put up was the gdp of Lagos in 2010, over 12 years ago. Simply click on it and read. Well I did that for you below. Lagos gdp is currently heading towards $200b. Even the file shot I gave was the GDP as at 2016. Lagos has a gdp bigger than a lot of nations.

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by Igbofam: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2022
Elporo:

Lithuania's gas is coming from Poland. Poland's gas comes from Russia grin

Wrong!

Russia supplies pure gas while Lithuania is importing LNG.

They had to build a massive special storage for it before commencing to do so.

What they have done gives them much more than the gas they want and need through LNG and it also affords them the ability to supply Estonia and Latvia which is why the article says they have placed their orders through Lithuania.

Read the article and get understanding.

Attached is the size of their LNG storage which they just commenced usage of and it's only the 5th of it's kind in the world.

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by maruch: 8:36am On Apr 03, 2022
Opportunity for Nigerian gas and Nigeria LNG
Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by lexy2014: 8:40am On Apr 03, 2022
rolams:

Why are you curiously asking this question now?

Why do you choose to tell your girlfriends you love them and later ended up marrying just one out them?

Why do you keep jumping from one girl to another?

Re: Lithuania Abandons Russian Gas. First European Nation To Do So. by lexy2014: 8:41am On Apr 03, 2022
maruch:
Opportunity for Nigerian gas and Nigeria LNG

Which nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea / Arnold Schwarzenegger Makes Direct Plea To Putin, Russians, And Troops / Taliban Mocks Journalist: "You Want Freedom Of Speech, Ask Facebook Company"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.