Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines (20467 Views)

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by adenigga(m): 7:48am On Apr 04, 2022
The Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government has commended Nigerians for complying with the NIN-SIM linkage, while also directing telecommunications companies to bar outgoing calls on unlinked lines from the 4th of April, 2022.

Naija News reports that this was made known in a statement signed by Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, Director, Public Affairs, NCC and Kayode Adegoke, Head, Corporate Communications, NIMC.

The statement disclosed that the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, on behalf of the federal government, gave the directive to telcos.

Pantami commended Nigerians and Legal Residents for their support during the exercise to link National Identification Number (NIN) to the Subscriber Identification Module (SIM).

He disclosed that over 125 Million SIMs have had their NINs submitted for immediate linkage, verification and authentication, adding that the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has issued over 78 Million unique NINs till date.

Noting that the deadlines for the NIN-SIM linkage has been extended on multiple occasions to allow Nigerians to freely comply with the Policy, Pantami said the federal government also took into consideration the passionate appeals by several bodies – Association of Licensed Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), Civil Societies, Professional Bodies and a host of others – for the extension of the deadlines in the past.

He said: “Mr. President graciously approved the many requests to extend deadlines for the NIN-SIM linkage. At this point however, Government has determined that the NIN-SIM Policy implementation can proceed, as machinery has already been put in place to ensure compliance by citizens and legal residents.

“The implementation impacts on Government’s strategic planning, particularly in the areas of security and socio-economic projections.

“President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the implementation of the Policy with effect from the 4th of April, 2022. Consequently, the Federal Government has directed all Telcos to strictly enforce the Policy on all SIMs issued (existing and new) in Nigeria. Outgoing calls will subsequently be barred for telephone lines that have not complied with the NIN-SIM linkage Policy from the 4th of April, 2022.

“Subscribers of such lines are hereby advised to link their SIMs to their NINs before the Telcos can lift the restriction on their lines. Affected individuals are hereby advised to register for their NINs at designated centers and thereafter link the NINs to their SIMs through the channels provided by NIMC and the Telcos, including the NIMC mobile App.”

The Minister emphasized that enrolment for the NIN is a continuous exercise and NIN is a precondition for service in Telcos, banks, Nigerian Immigration Service, and for several other government services.

He also encouraged Nigerians and legal residents to visit NIN registration centers for the enrollment and issuance of valid NINs.
Source: https:///NIN-SIM-Linkage-FG-Directs-Telcos-To-Bar-Outgoing-Calls-On-Unlinked-Lines

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Illuminatiship(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2022
Buhari is a disaster.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2022
Like if you think Nigeria government are ignorant,share if you think they are taking this step for the betterment of Nigeria citizens.

165 Likes 19 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Donshegxy10(m): 7:54am On Apr 04, 2022
They will only bark, they cant bite.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by chatinent: 7:54am On Apr 04, 2022
Well, enough time has been given. If you haven't linked till now, it's your fault.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Kazeem47(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2022
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?

235 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by LeoDeKing: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2022
I thought the deadline for this NIN-SIM linkage thingy has elapsed.

What is this I'm reading here again?

So Nigerians have not finished linking their SIM with their NIN all these while? What does it even take to get this done? Is it not just a text message? That's just what I did, or is there something else in addition?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Illuminatiship(m): 8:19am On Apr 04, 2022
Kazeem47:
Will they block the calls from bandits demanding for ransom?Or have the bandits link their Sim to their NIN too?
kidnapping is more lucrative than NNPC in the north.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by kingscare1(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2022
It's a good thing in disguise.
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Kazeem47(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2022
Illuminatiship:
kidnapping is more lucrative than NNPC in the north.
Am telling you.They are cashing out more than yahoo boys and drugs.It surprise me how Fulani hijack kidnapping from Niger deltans and mastered it in a very short period.

34 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by qekng40(f): 8:32am On Apr 04, 2022
Wahala don tie gele oo grin

Like if you've linked your sim, Share if you haven't.

Lemme be the first to share

5 Likes 46 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by PStacks(m): 9:34am On Apr 04, 2022
Na Today?
If You like switch off all the Networks in Nigeria, Terrorist go still Terrorise. Kidnapers go still kidnap.

Useless government leaving Substance chasing shadows busy doing nothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by kenbee(f): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
What a foolish
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by fasho01(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
Well, enough time has been given for the linkage
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
How many bandits have been caught through NIN

6 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by uchaymart(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
so can our calls be tracked? confused government and NIN initiators
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Mysticwebb: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
Na heavy protest una wan instigate so ooo.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by slawormiir: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Ain't linking no shit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Fidinno(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
C
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by hamedollar(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
Ghen- ghen!
Last last na Telco will be a loser, they can't survive without our money

4 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Hohenheim(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2022
So me wey no register my SIM by myself make I con kill myself? Abeg block the SIM.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by SultanOfPuna: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
The Way MTN Will lose Money ehhhn

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by SarkinYarki: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
Please bar my lines...I will be so Happy ..no more billing grin
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
kingscare1:
It's a good thing in disguise.
That would stop using untraceable or unlinked or unrecognized numbers to do heinous crimes. To be frank with you, forget government incompetency, it's for a stronger national security and to stop crime.

When one does crime with a linked line, they security agency will catch the person through the recognised lines, if you escape, the catch your frequent calls or next of kin.

For me, it's good.

How many bandits do u know that have been caught through NIN/SIM linkage? All na wash

4 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by GlobalWay: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2022
JoshTim:
Many of his contemporaries are dead....i can remember Colington and co
That Man is a Definition of Greatness and True Wisdom. Too much sex and women prevents men from fruitful Age. Unlike Kollington, this Man didn't allow the Lust of the World to keep him in Bondage of Worldliness. He got truly Bornagain about 27 years, he stopped Womanizing, and started singing to win Souls for the CREATOR of Humanity. Sticking to one's wife alone prevents you from getting kelled by STD, Jealous Boyfriend/Owner, or by Oloshos like the one which killed that CEO in Hotel, etc.

Forever Team: #OneWifeLongLife

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by vibbb: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Shameless set of people with zero priority and policy - Naija airlines double tickets price, they did nothing about it - Dollar is now very much comfortable at #570, they did noting about it - Private business owners are now folding up because of cost in running their production via outrageous price of diesel, they did nothing about it - Economy of the nation declined by 21% daily, they did nothing about it - Security and well being of Nigerians are threatened daily, they did nothing about it - They only thing all this clueless people can talk about is how to block ppls line - What a shame!!

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
I believe they had to take this decision because of the rising insecurity.

It will help alleviate the problem of insecurity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines by F117nighthawk: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2022
Always directing, I laugh in hausa, who takes this government serious? Bunch of jokers, they know the person talking talks for talking sake no action, he will only direct and go to sleep, no checks and monitoring system in place, abeg make we hear word

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBM Pin No Longer Private / How I Rescued My Mobile Contacts From Armed Bandits / I Want To Buy ₦40k iPhone 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.