Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Unconditional Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unconditional Love (135 Views)

Unconditional Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unconditional Love by SonofIssachar: 3:21am On Apr 05, 2022
This is a very moving story about unconditional love.

A soldier was finally returning home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco. "Mom and Dad, I'm coming home but, I've got a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a landmine and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us.”

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. They were told their son had died after falling from a building. The police believed it was suicide.

The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him but, to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know. Their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around but, we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are. That Person is Jesus Christ. He beckons all to come to Him irrespective of their handicap.

- Author Unknown 

Meditation: But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. – Luke 6:32

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Baby Erik and the Old Man
The Old Man and the Scorpion
A Story About Human Kindness

(1) (Reply)

Interpretation Of The Dream: "Walking With Dead Relation" / Summary On Covenant Hour Of Prayer / Fake Prophet Exposed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.