Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers (14822 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Britain Will Go To War With Russia If Putin Attacks NATO - Sajid Javid / The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by WriterNig: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2022

President Biden joked about the possibility of the Russian invasion of Ukraine to expand to directly involve the U.S. military on Wednesday, telling union workers;
"If I gotta go to war, I'm going with you guys."

Biden made the statement during an address to union workers at the North American Building Trades Unions legislative conference Wednesday. Biden opened his speech with a lengthy section addressing new sanctions against Russia.

"This fight is far from over," Biden said. "Here's the point: This war could continue for a long time, but the United States will continue to stand with Ukraine and the Ukrainian people in their fight for freedom."

"And by the way, if I gotta go to war I'm going with you guys. I mean it," he added

Biden's statement comes after months of he and other administration officials stating that the U.S. will not deploy troops to Ukraine. The U.S. military has limited its deployments to nearby NATO countries, and warned Russian President Vladimir Putin that invasion of one of those countries would mean direct war with the U.S.

Biden has said that avoiding direct war with Russia is a top priority, arguing that any engagement between U.S. and Russian forces would result in a third world war.

"I want to be clear: We will defend every inch of NATO territory with the full might of a united and galvanized NATO," Biden tweeted in March. "But we will not fight a war against Russia in Ukraine."

"A direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is World War III. And something we must strive to prevent," he added.

The Russian invasion in Ukraine has already lasted far longer than U.S. military officials initially predicted. Gen. Mark Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Congress in an early February closed session that Kyiv could fall within just 72 hours of a Russian invasion. He offered a new prediction during testimony on Tuesday, saying the war will last "at least years, for sure."

credit: Fox News

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by WriterNig: 6:38pm On Apr 06, 2022

53 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by madridguy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
Zelensky should pick up his phone and call elder Putin and tell him sorry sir, I never knew they don't joke with you sir grin
Zelensky seems to be a gentleman but the mistake he did was to allow Ukraine as the venue of El classico match between the arch rival Russia and USA.
They did same thing in Syria and till now they're yet to conclude the match.

I just pray USA and Russia will not wake up one day and say let go to Nigeria to show case our talent there.

The UN should act fast to restore back peace and stability in UKRAINE if they are not what FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI called them.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Sergio104(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
I feel his pain cry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Rollsnjaguar(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
He is leading from the front and confronting the enemy.

But here in Nigeria Buhari is chilling in Aso Rock while the enemy is chasing citizens from their homes grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
Zelensky was foooled into this.

Well, it's The Hypocritical World we lives in.

They should sort themselves out

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by MufasaLion: 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2022
The war, stress and responsibilities of presidency has worn him out. It's so sad!

I wish him well! A thoughtful and courages leader!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Kukukillus: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lol
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by SarkinYarki: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
He has obviously been drinking and snorting his yeyo too much , he should stay of the whiskey and yeyo for 2 weeks and he will be back

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by longetivity(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Imagine if he's from Africa, baba will be looking more fresh instead
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by longetivity(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2022
SarkinYarki:
He has obviously been drinking and snorting his yeyo too much , he should stay of the whiskey and yeyo for 2 weeks and he will be back
Gibberish

6 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Dankovich1: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
I wish our President in the person of Rt.Gen Mohammed Buhari will go to his wardrobe and dust out his Military uniform and lead the military troops in the fight against terrorism like this man.

But we all got scammed when he was stating his presidential ambition " Terrorist and illegal armed men will all be crampled to dust in few months if he's in governance".

We didn't know he'll give them a lasting ground and support to perform the more.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by plaindealer: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2022
How silly to compare a clean-shaven man to an unshaven man in different settings.

Some of you just act as if Gid did not dash you any brain at all.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Shalommy(f): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
Chaii... War no be moimoi.. Hmm.. It's well.
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by WriterNig: 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2022
Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Thread Updated...
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by jom28gy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
The president that deceived Americans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by BKayy: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
It's first come, first serve. I will like to see how US will do on ground after proven embarrassments they have received in history.

Once the West falls, Africa will have a loop hole for some of them to have a degree of independence from Western enslavement before the Victors and the vanquished regroup to resume taking advantage of them.

Only few will escape (Infact, they already know themselves), the rest will relax and wait for the West to rise again and continue the enslavement.

You know, Nazi scientists once argued that blacks have a slave gene

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Drenimarcus(m): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
BKayy:
It's first come, first serve. I will like to see how US will do on ground after proven embarrassments they have received in history.

Once the West falls, Africa will have a loop hole for some of them to have a degree of independence from Western enslavement before the Victor's and the vanquished regroup to resume taking advantage of them.

Only few will escape (Infact, they already know themselves), the rest will relax and wait for the West to rise again and continue the enslavement.

You know, Nazi scientists once argued that blacks have a slave gene

Them Kikes and Globohomos grin
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Faithful007: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2022
WriterNig:
Like for Russia, share for Ukraine

https://www.hrw.org/news/2002/08/03/us-hague-invasion-act-becomes-law
Both the US and Russia have withdrawn from the ICC

Stop spreading nonsense.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by WriterNig: 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2022
Faithful007:
Both the US and Russia have withdrawn from the ICC

Stop spreading nonsense.

Why is Biden asking the ICC to prosecute Putin when the U.S would never let them prosecute American war criminals?

12 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by SeunNotOwner: 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:
He is leading from the front and confronting the enemy.

But here in Nigeria Buhari is chilling in Aso Rock while the enemy is chasing citizens from their homes grin

Fulani does not lead from the front

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Czario: 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Depopulation is the name of the game...COVID 19 ran outta steam now it's nuclear war...

Romania and other Russia neighbors are now distributing potassium iodide tablets to stave off thyroid cancers just in case....

This isn't the great tribulation yet...this is the beginning of sorrows Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24...

It wouldn't hurt to check my signature.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Faithful007: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
WriterNig:

Why is Biden asking the ICC to prosecute Putin when the U.S would never let them prosecute American war criminals?
Show me where President Biden specifically asked the ICC to prosecute Putin.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by WriterNig: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Faithful007: 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2022

5 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Faithful007: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
WriterNig:

Can you read? Most importantly, read to understand?
My request is very simple. Show me where Biden said that the ICC should try Putin.

None of your links show that.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by techWriter3: 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
Like for Russia, stock for Ukraine

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Dalil8: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lmao

This one wey go run hide inside bunker until war finish.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Mac0: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
Go and sit down old man. You'll end up sending young men to their graves.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by easyfem(m): 4:29am On Apr 07, 2022
See Set up

Zelenky please dont believe this guy ....if you win the war , u loss and if u dont , u still going to loss..

So its a loose loose game to u ukrainian

1 Like

Re: I'm Going To War With You Guys, U.S President Biden Jokes With Union Workers by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:31am On Apr 07, 2022
Hg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa Tests Positive For COVID-19, Self-Isolating & Mildly Ill / Alassane Ouattara Is The New Chairman Of Ecowas / US Agrees To Send Advanced Rockets To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.