Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books (2147 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Basito: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
Education is intellectual wisdom, it affects the mind of man only and man is not a mind but a spirit. Revelation is divine wisdom, the highest form of wisdom requires for the building of a better man and society.

Man is a spirit, Job10v11, Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced with bones and sinews. Job32v8, but there is a spirit in man, it is the spirit (not the mind) that gives life2cor3v6, the spirit gives life, the real sustenance of man comes from the spirit, hence, the quality of a man's spirit will invariably determines the quality of the whole being of man. But the growth and development of man's spirit is by the word of God only.1peter2v2 as new born babes,desire the sincere milk of the word , that ye may grow thereby.

Government's involvement in the development of man's spirit as against it's involvement in the development of human minds(education), will ultimately bring about the desired change we all yearn.1Tim4v7, exercise thyself rather unto godliness. For bodily exercise profiteth little:but godliness is profitable unto all things, having the promise of the life that now is,and of that which is to come(future).

The following spiritual materials should be integrated into our educational system:
1. Recreating your world. By Chris Oyakhilome Phd.
2. Rhapsody of Realities.   By Chris and Anita Oyakhilome

These materials will absolutely rebrand anyone that reads them for the overall change that we want in our society.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by obowunmi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2011
If the solution with the Nigerian Educational system has to do with religion --- then Nigeria is a big trouble.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by JeSoul(f): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
Basito:

The following spiritual materials should be integrated into our educational system:
1.Recreating your world. By Chris Oyakhilome Phd.
2.Rhapsody of Realities By Chris and Anita Oyakhilome

These materials will absolutely rebrand anyone that reads them for the overall change that we want in our society.
 "Integrated into our educational system"? Dude, this was just a joke right? lol . . . I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry or yab or sigh.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by mabell: 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
obowunmi:

If the solution with the Nigerian Educational system has to do with religion --- then Nigeria is a big trouble.
I can't find where he talked about religon here
@ Basito
are you referring to religon or christianity

@Jesoul
you need not laugh or make jest
Ghana uses some of these christian books in her university, schools and library
Nigeria just has not embraced it yet but we are getting there
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
mabell:

@Jesoul
you need not laugh or make jest
Ghana uses some of these christian books in her university, schools and library
Nigeria just has not embraced it yet but we are getting there
Religion should definitely be taught in school just like all other subject matters that affect the totality of the human existence. No qualms there.

What I am laughing at is the call to use Rhapsody as a textbook.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by UyiIredia(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
A better solution will be to found private universities with a Christian orientation. that's more like it
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by mabell: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2011
@uyi iredia,
good idea but what happens to the muslims then?
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
obowunmi:

I second this. Most of Nigeria is already drunk off ignorance and cheap knowledge. Knowledge, real knowledge, of the kind found in science, mathematics, and philosophy take years of examination, cogitation, and scrutiny. It does not come about because some individual comes crawling out of a desert/cave/virgin claiming "special" knowledge (read divine revelation).

mabell:

@ Basito

When he started talking about spirits and divine revelations, I think we all knew that some kind of religion is involved. Most probably some version of Christianity he has just concocted for the masses to consume.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by obowunmi(m): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
mabell:

You can't read. angry angry
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by ebere1712: 4:11am On Jul 06, 2011
Biggest joke of the century.
Why not build your own christain skool.
How s this on the front page?
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by pereze: 5:49am On Jul 06, 2011
Basito:

Education is intellectual wisdom,it affects the mind of man only and man is not a mind but a spirit.Revelation is divine wisdom,the highest form of wisdom requires for the building of a better man and society.Man is a spirit,Job10v11, Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh,and hast fenced with bones and sinews.Job32v8, but there is a spirit in man, , it is the spirit (not the mind) that gives life2cor3v6, the spirit gives life, the real sustenance of man comes from the spirit, hence, the quality of a man's spirit will invariably determines the quality of the whole being of man.But the growth and development of man's spirit is by the word of God only.1peter2v2 as new born babes,desire the sincere milk of the word , that ye may grow thereby.Government's involvement in the development of man's spirit as against it's involvement in the development of human minds(education), will ultimately bring about the desired change we all yearn.1Tim4v7, exercise thyself rather unto godliness.For bodily exercise profiteth little:but godliness is profitable unto all things,having the promise of the life that now is,and of that which is to come(future).
2.Rhapsody of Realities By Chris and Anita Oyakhilome
I was thinking the third point was to make all Jambites attend Night of bliss in at least two different locations and finally all undergraduates 'convert' to christ embassy members!
Don't tell me you are a graduate, because if you are then P-square crew must have a prophet in da house, Wahala de!
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 06, 2011
Idehn:

I second this. Most of Nigeria is already drunk off ignorance and cheap knowledge. Knowledge, real knowledge, of the kind found in science, mathematics, and philosophy take years of examination, cogitation, and scrutiny. It does not come about because some individual comes crawling out of a desert/cave/virgin claiming "special" knowledge (read divine revelation).

When he started talking about spirits and divine revelations, I think we all knew that some kind of religion is involved. Most probably some version of Christianity he has just concocted for the masses to consume.

Its 2011 but too many black folks are stuck in the middle ages worldwide. God this, god that while the western world continues to advance and do scientific research to better their society.

mabell:

@ Basito

Religion or Christianity!!! grin grin grin Christianity, the personal relationship with jesus. Oyahkilome is guaranteed to always be rich with peoiple like you as his patrons. It's like you people really are not as intelligent as other folks!! Seriously!!

obowunmi:

You can't read. angry angry
She can, she rode the short bus so she really lacks a little bit of common sense.

JeSoul:

Religion should definitely be taught in school just like all other subject matters that affect the totality of the human existence. No qualms there.

What I am laughing at is the call to use Rhapsody as a textbook.

Yeah, right after lessons in critical thinking and logic. So maybe the kids can examine claims of jews crawling out of virgin wombs, arabs talking to angels in caves, souls that reincarnate, gods that made human out of mud and other religious "revelations"
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by naijacann: 7:04am On Jul 06, 2011
How can you have a good educational system when u pay your PHDs and Professors peanuts as salary?
A south African prof earns an equivalent of $8thousand a month while Nigeria's Professor earns $3500. What a disparity!!!(Immagine then how much a lower cadre lecturer with a phd earn)
Meanwhile, your House of Representative Member(Not even senator yet) earns higher than the President of the United States.
R I D I C U L O U S !!!
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2011
Basito:

. . . 1.Recreating your world. By Chris Oyakhilome Phd. . . .

Please tell us: (a) where he got his "PhD" from, (b) when, and (c) in what field?

Afterall if the "PhD" is fake, it cannot be right to recommend that the material of such a person should be "integrated into the education system".

First, prove to us that his "PhD" is not fake (or bought); then establish his credential by confirming the institution he got the PhD from and his subject (even preferably his thesis title)! Also, though this may be too far for you, it would be helpful if you could identify the academic who supervised Oyakhilome's "PhD" thesis!
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by valicious1(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2011
@basito. From this post its clear that you are here simply as a sales representative of christ embassy. You can as well put down other publications by pst.chris & also your days of worship, Nigerians are too intelligent for this deceit. angry
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by skyranger: 7:37am On Jul 06, 2011
obowunmi:

Basito:

Education is intellectual wisdom,it affects the mind of man only and man is not a mind but a spirit.Revelation is divine wisdom,the highest form of wisdom requires for the building of a better man and society.Man is a spirit,Job10v11, Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh,and hast fenced with bones and sinews.Job32v8, but there is a spirit in man, , it is the spirit (not the mind) that gives life2cor3v6, the spirit gives life, the real sustenance of man comes from the spirit, hence, the quality of a man's spirit will invariably determines the quality of the whole being of man.But the growth and development of man's spirit is by the word of God only.1peter2v2 as new born babes,desire the sincere milk of the word , that ye may grow thereby.Government's involvement in the development of man's spirit as against it's involvement in the development of human minds(education), will ultimately bring about the desired change we all yearn.1Tim4v7, exercise thyself rather unto godliness.For bodily exercise profiteth little:but godliness is profitable unto all things,having the promise of the life that now is,and of that which is to come(future).
2.Rhapsody of Realities    By Chris and Anita Oyakhilome

One of the major factors responsible for our decent towards a failed state is because of our illogical and very irrational believe that God will solve all our problems while we sit our a-s-ses down and do nothing to improve our plight.
Religion as it is practice in Nigeria right now is a scam, money extorting jet trotting pastors or extremist brainwashed mullahs are all we have to show after 40 years as a nation.
we need act then pray or pray then act to change the course of our lives, please don not bring the preachings of your hair perming pastor here, your church stinks of fornication and your church never preaches a word against it.
you want to institutionalize those Jezebels you harbor in all your scamming outlets and set loose on mindless young males ?
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by chamber2(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2011
Solution To Our Educational System

How is this a solution? Seun is really using this site to promote sensationalism. How this made the front page still bothers me.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by VALIDATOR: 7:55am On Jul 06, 2011
@OP,
Well,the whole 100+ million Nigerians can not be fooled to enrich your god chris oyaks by making his books textbooks for our schools. Most sane people are still wandering why his name carries PhD when all you his followers can't even know where,when and in what field he bagged his PhD in.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hmmmm, so no Chris Embassy member is able to prove that Oyakhilome's "PhD" is not fake or bought?

cool
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by petres007(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2011
Enigma:

Please tell us: (a) where he got his "PhD" from, (b) when, and (c) in what field?

Afterall if the "PhD" is fake, it cannot be right to recommend that the material of such a person should be "integrated into the education system".

First, prove to us that his "PhD" is not fake (or bought); then establish his credential by confirming the institution he got the PhD from and his subject (even preferably his thesis title)! Also, though this may be too far for you, it would be helpful if you could identify the academic who supervised Oyakhilome's "PhD" thesis!

Enigma,

You're going too far naa. . . you want them to prove a PhD he got by faith?? grin grin grin
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2011
^^^ Don't mind me! I forgot that you can obtain a "PhD" by naming and claiming, blabbing and grabbing it! In fact all you need to do is to call things that are not as though they were! wink
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by petres007(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ Don't mind me! I forgot that you can obtain a "PhD" by naming and claiming, blabbing and grabbing it! In fact all you need to do is to[b] call things that are not as though they were! wink[/b]

My point exactly!

So you see you're going against scripture eRRoR!

Repent now o. . . and don't touch annoy my his anointing annoyance any more grin grin grin

PhD ko, common entrance ni grin grin grin

And err. . . come to think of it sef, why does an MoG need to have a PhD to his name, to extent of going out of his way to err. . . well, I know he didn't earn this one sha. Not sure if he bought or borrowed it grin grin grin
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 11:39am On Jul 08, 2011
Look Petres e be like say me and you too dey forgetful. I have just remembered:

He was blessed with a "PhD" as a result of "salvation". The PhD is part of the "total package of blessings" that is the inheritance of every "christian" and remember he was bless[b]ed[/b] (past tense) with this PhD ever before he even needed to register for secondary school let alone university!

In fact, every member of Chris Embassy really should be going around parading "PhD" after their names since they are already blessed (past tense) with it as part of their "total package of blessings"; it is their "inheritance"; it is their "birthright"! Meanwhile, remember also that they do not need to obey God (e.g. work hard) to enjoy all these past tense blessings because "nowhere in the New Testament are they told to obey God!"

For reference, see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704762.0.html
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by ow11(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2011
Apparently he has a Phd in Pneumatology. Not sure where he studied for it but I guess Joagbaje can help us out here.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
We await Joagbaje but it is most likely a "life experience PhD" as in following link i.e fake/bought.

Life Experience PhDs
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by petres007(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2011
Enigma:

Look Petres e be like say me and you too dey forgetful. I have just remembered:

He was blessed with a "PhD" as a result of "salvation". The PhD is part of the "total package of blessings" that is the inheritance of every "christian" and remember he was bless[b]ed[/b] (past tense) with this PhD ever before he even needed to register for secondary school let alone university!

In fact, every member of Chris Embassy really should be going around parading "PhD" after their names since they are already blessed (past tense) with it as part of their "total package of blessings"; it is their "inheritance"; it is their "birthright"! Meanwhile, remember also that they do not need to obey God (e.g. work hard) to enjoy all these past tense blessings because "nowhere in the New Testament are they told to obey God!"

LOL@ the above cheesy

Enigma:

For reference, see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-704762.0.html

I only read half way through the sermon and some comments here before ROFLMHO! shocked shocked grin grin grin

Kai, I've been missing o!

What a bunch of confusionists angry
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by petres007(m): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2011
Enigma,

I didn't have the time to go through those links o the google search page for life experience PhDs. But I did take a peep at some of the pages and noticed none of them were from recognized academic institutions.

That sent a red flag up in my head but I just want to know if this "life experience PhD" thingy is for real.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by Enigma(m): 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
petres_007

Life experience "PhDs" are usually obtained from useless "institutions" (some only have mail box addresses, no proper office, no campus etc) that are known as "degree mills" or "diploma mills". The theory is that although Mr X may not even have a degree but as he has been working as a mechanic for 10 years, if he pays e.g. £500 he can be awarded a "PhD" in Mechanical Engineering.

Thus, it is possible that a person who has been a pastor for a few years could pay a diploma mill e.g. £500 and the diploma mill will award him a "PhD" in "Pneumatology" (i.e. perhaps study of the "Holy Spirit"wink.

The long and short of it --- even you can set up a diploma mill in your very house and be selling degrees to dummies and fraudsters through the Internet.

Here is an extract from Wikipedia on diploma mills: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma_mill

A diploma mill (also known as a degree mill) is an organization that awards academic degrees and diplomas with substandard or no academic study and without recognition by official educational accrediting bodies. The purchaser can then claim to hold an academic degree, and the organization is motivated by making a profit. These degrees are often awarded based on vaguely construed life experience. Some such organizations claim accreditation by non-recognized/unapproved accrediting bodies set up for the purposes of providing a veneer of authenticity.[1]

While the terms "degree mill" and "diploma mill" are commonly used interchangeably, within the academic community a distinction is sometimes drawn:[2]

* A "degree mill" issues "real" diplomas from unaccredited "universities," which may be legal in some states but are generally illegitimate universities.
* A "diploma mill" issues counterfeit diplomas which bear the names of legitimate universities.

Medical diploma mills have operated, and have been blacklisted, in the United States for over 120 years.
Re: Solution To Our Educational System: Pastor Chris Books by petres007(m): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2011
Enigma:

petres_007

Life experience "PhDs" are usually obtained from useless "institutions" (some only have mail box addresses, no proper office, no campus etc) that are known as "degree mills" or "diploma mills". The theory is that although Mr X may not even have a degree but as he has been working as a mechanic for 10 years, if he pays e.g. £500 he can be awarded a "PhD" in Mechanical Engineering.

Thus, it is possible that a person who has been a pastor for a few years could pay a diploma mill e.g. £500 and the diploma mill will award him a "PhD" in "Pneumatology" (i.e. perhaps study of the "Holy Spirit"wink.

The long and short of it --- even you can set up a diploma mill in your very house and be selling degrees to dummies and fraudsters through the Internet.

Here is an extract from Wikipedia on diploma mills: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diploma_mill

I just wanted to be sure. So this rules out the option of having a valid degree from a "degree mill". Where then did Oyaks get his PhD from?? I'm very sure someone like him would never have the time to take on a proper academic programme, part time or full time.

(1) (Reply)

Dog Breeds, Banned? / (picture)Nollywood Star Jim Iyk Set Free At Scoan By Tb Joushia Wise Men / How To Watch Out For Satan’s Tricks!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.