Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,215 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! (24938 Views)

Samuel Eto'o Is The Africa Highest Paid Footballer / Glo-caf Awards: Eto'o Is African Footballer Of The Year / Eto'o Is Africa's No. 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by xunny(m): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2006
SoccerStar can now authoritatively confirm the report of its weekend publication which revealed that Cameroon dreaded striker, Samuel Eto’o Fils is truly a Nigerian. This much was confirmed by the player’s uncle, Chris Mbe. The Lagos-based accountant disclosed that the Barcelona star actually hails from Amasiri, Amuro in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. “My name is Chris Mbe,” he began. “I am a native of Ebonyi State of Nigeria. I come from the same village as well as the same compound with the world renowned soccer star Samuel Eto’o Fils,” he revealed. Continuing, he stated: “I saw the story in your paper last weekend where it was boldly written that Samuel Eto’o is a Nigerian, parents from Amuro Amasiri, Ebonyi State among others. “I want to seize this opportunity to confirm the story to be actually very true precisely as you reported because Samuel Eto’o is our son. Many people don’t know this.[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by xunny(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2006
SoccerStar can now authoritatively confirm the report of its weekend publication which revealed that Cameroon dreaded striker, Samuel Eto’o Fils is truly a Nigerian. This much was confirmed by the player’s uncle, Chris Mbe. The Lagos-based accountant disclosed that the Barcelona star actually hails from Amasiri, Amuro in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. “My name is Chris Mbe,” he began. “I am a native of Ebonyi State of Nigeria. I come from the same village as well as the same compound with the world renowned soccer star Samuel Eto’o Fils,” he revealed. Continuing, he stated: “I saw the story in your paper last weekend where it was boldly written that Samuel Eto’o is a Nigerian, parents from Amuro Amasiri, Ebonyi State among others. “I want to seize this opportunity to confirm the story to be actually very true precisely as you reported because Samuel Eto’o is our son. Many people don’t know this

Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by c0dec(m): 3:56am On Feb 19, 2006
he wasn't our son when he was a nobody, na now. . .
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Grizzly(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2006
What kinda shitty talk is all this??.,.,Eto'o from Afikpo, ?? so why hasn't Eto'o said it all this while, or someone else from Afikpo?! u said his parents!!!!? not even descendants or ancestors, same way i heard Wesley snipes is from ikeduru in imo state, and tyrese is from somewhere in kogi state!!!! damn,

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Skidoc(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2006
Exactly! Codec. If he had turned out to be another Anini, they won't be saying this.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by passy: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2006
cha, my brothers why is it that we africans like only readily made things now that this cameroonian guy orrgin of bassa village and purely a french speaking cameroonian 4 criying out loud has only turn 2be a Nigerian coz the guy is prosepering plz if u like etoo just cool down and look 4 means to get to him u are going to enjoy his company just like i do now the guy is not a rasist he loves all Africans so lying that he is a Nigerian is not going to be very impresive. oboy that guy na guy from Makepe Douala in Cameroon well, i no say na coz u like de guy and u just de try to wish say E for be na guy from Niger, sha sorry for the dissapointment ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by ladebi(m): 10:51am On Feb 22, 2006
eto fills uncle should be asked how eto came about the name eto fills and when did the parents leave nigeria for eto to become a citizen of cameroon.nigeria men big up is not like that.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Akolawole(m): 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2006
Etoo is good but i can name few Nigerians that are better or that would have been better that Eto if given the Chance
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by demmy(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2006
why is every successful cameroonian player at some point is revealed/claimed to be a nigerian? are we suffering from inferiority complex to the cameroonians? in the 90s roger miller was also claimed as a nigerian. embarassed
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by twinstaiye(m): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2006
I think it is vice versa. If a Nigerian too achieve greatness, the Camerounian also claim he/she is a camerounian. Obafemi Martins was even named among the team list of Cameroun in the past. They claimed he is from Bakassi. If Etoo is indeed a Nigerian, one day the truth will come out.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by legry(m): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2006
Twinstaiye very well said
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Ib(f): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2006
I honestly cant stop laughing at this one. Then of all places, AFIKPO !!!. The name of the area sef. If una wan claim the guy ,,, at least give am better area, u know something posh like rivers state, port harcourt, okrika, abuja and names like that!!!
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by skima(m): 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2006
hmm well i think ihave to research more on thisb4 any comment.

Afikpo grin angry wai not modakeke?
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by luridguy(m): 9:49pm On Feb 23, 2006
it does not matter anyway its his choice if them born am for lagos gan and he wants to play for cameroon, did obafemi not chose to play for nigeria
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Idekeson(m): 3:58am On Feb 24, 2006
Can someone please verify this guy's information about Eto?

1 Like

Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by mckaycee(m): 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2006
If Eto's really a Nigerian, why has his parents kept mute about it? Do they visit Nigerian at all? Or do they want to tell me that Eto doesn't know his roots? Abeg make we hear word.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by elten: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2006
Happy to hear this.Eto'o African legend for the 3rd consecative time greeeaaatttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is best and deserves it.Eto'o an African?YES .But a Nigerian? NO.I wish to thank Luridguy for his view.Eto'o was in Nigeria for the award and spoke clearly in French which was well translated by the lady incharge " I was born in a small village near Yaounde " which is in Cameroon.His language was clear ,he did not speak in tongues. Every prosperous footballer wish to be a Cameroonian.This is why Matins was confused about his nation of origin.I wonder if he was,I doubt if he will feature in the Cameroon national team.WEAH once wanted to naturalise as a Cameroonian ,when he came and played in their league.ETO'O IS A CAMEROONIAN NO MORE DEBATE.
Be glad for your African brother "Eto'o" who makes you proud.
I wish indeed he was an American,
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Bimbomi(m): 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2006
Hei! naija nna don start again, eto a nigeria? hmmm na so u talk am 4 90s that michael jackson is from nigeria. abeg, if una no get any thing to say go sleep. eto! nigeria. abeg bon story
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by gospelman(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2006
Hey people,let's not get into all that.What we should do is get Eto to speak.his parents should be alive I guess.
I am from Afikpo and I know very well,that people from there are plenty in Cameroon.As a matter of fact two of my aunts lived in Cameroon for a long time.I did not even know them when I was younger.So assuming the continued living there and had children there(with the Nigerians daddies they married),their kids would have been raised in Cameroon and would know no other but Cameroon.

See what I mean?
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by ladebi(m): 10:20am On Mar 02, 2006
i understand you bro u actually mean samuel etoo fills is ur cousin.thanx wink
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by gospelman(m): 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2006
Ladebi you can do better than being funny and playful out here.

All I just said was that it is very possible for the guy to be a Nigerian.It could also be possible he is not.So let him speak and let his parents speak.Period.
So what's all about the cousin idea?

He can never be my cousin.I know who my cousins are.
So please,be smart.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by ladebi(m): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2006
am cool bro thats what i got from ur message .so take no offence right?when discussin about a topic plz i will like u to shy away from some things u want to say .that way one can think straight right buudy.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by spicequeen(f): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2006
Which year did Eto'o become a Nigerian? African Yes! Nigerian NOOOO!
No offence here but it seems Nigerians are always out to seize anything go coming from Cameroon. In 1960 the then Northern Cameroon was taken by Nigeria. The comes Bakassi. And now Eto'o because he's making History abi? When he was a nobody he was not from Nigeria today he's a Nigerian. I'm sure if we start saying the likes of Jenny and RMD are Cameroonians U guys will be ok with it?
I know many nigerians who born here still they don't claim to be Cameroonians.
ETO'O FILS IS A CAMEROONIAN PERIOD!!!
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by fataiiyo(m): 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2006
9JA, E PAIN ME SAY E DO LATE WEY I HEAR OOOO, E NNA DON TAIL WEY WE DON DEY TALK RUBBISH FOR DIS 9JA WEY I DEY I HAIL U PEOPLE OOOO shocked shocked
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by babaragold(f): 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2006
hey hey,
are u people still debating on eto'o's nationalty? oooooooooosh never knew. well, i got intouch with bilto'o eto'o the younger bros of eto'o. in Cameroon he said it's all just fun eto'o est le cameroonais. so can we just quit our day dream? wel,l never mind even Americans and Brazilians too are wishing he could be one of them. but unfortunately 4 all of us the guy just got one nationality.(CAMEROON) cheesy
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by lordimpaq(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2006
Guy,

u must be dreaming or u must have dreamt a bad dream or that u know,

he is not a nigerian, how can u in your wildest dream believe that eto is nigerian, only if u are playing pranks,

well, he is a camerounian, and thats it, get that into ya thick head
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by doncurnel: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2006
Shame on ya fick headed nigerian babling bout our son Eto'o one of ya'll dreamer wait i hear ronaldo the Portugal player is really a Canadian that because a Nigerian told me that better yet our zidane is Nigerian
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by IBEXY(m): 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2006
one day we will hear that George Bush originally came from Degema grin.

Damn shocked

some people sabi manufacture tori.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Damy(m): 11:04am On Dec 04, 2006
I know well that all nigerian born sons are doing well out side as we all know but Samuel Eto has not been known please evidence, i need a clearance in that are.
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by Damy(m): 11:18am On Dec 04, 2006
most cameronians are said to have nigerian Origins
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by mukina2: 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2006
haa nigerians . . . grin grin

so is jay-z not a nigerian too?
what about kanye west?
i forgot serena and venus
nas . .

samuel eto a nigerain . .maybe george bush is one too tongue
Re: Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian! by segedoo(m): 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2007
Najia folk,huh?

here we go again!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rinsola Babajide Nominated For Liverpool's Player Of The Season Award / Magnus Carlsen Vs Femi Balogun - Chess Cup Match 2017 / Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.