Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? (2774 Views)

How Many Times Do I Have To Play With My Bet9ja Bonus To Withdraw It? / Bet9ja Bonus Rollover Issue / Top 5 Good Prediction Site In 2019 You Can Use To Win Bet9ja,betking Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Yinksy09(m): 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bet9ja (co-founded by Ayo Ojuroye and Kunle Soname who are its CEO and chairman respectively), an online bookmaker company that offers betting on major sporting events operating in Nigeria, was shut down on April 6th following a ransomware attack by a criminal hacking group named the Russian BlackCat Group.

In what seemed like a terrible day for the management of Bet9ja, the cyber criminal gang held the oraganization data hostage in a ransomware attack. Ransomware is a type of malicious software that encrypts files on victims’ computers, rendering them inaccessible until a ransom is paid.

Bet9ja statement as posted on all its social media platforms assured users that all funds are safe and the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

“The entire Bet9ja system has been under attack by the Russian Blackcat group who are famous for several attacks to huge companies in the world. It is a huge hacker attack by this Russian group but our people are working from yesterday without stopping for a minute to restore all the services but it is not easy.

“They are asking for ransom already but we will never accept their conditions. it is important to let you know this so that we are all on the same page. They have hit us hard but of course they cannot kill us. We will stand our ground and come back even much more stronger.

“Please do not be discouraged, we will surely restore things as soon as possible and provide update on the progress.”

Bet9ja statement on criminal cyber attack

The Bet9ja betting platform, just like so many market-leading global organisations, has recently become a victim of a sophisticated criminal cyber-attack, which is restricting our customers from having access to the platform.

We are working tirelessly with our IT Team, independent forensics and cybercrime experts to resolve this.

We take this matter extremely seriously. Our priority is protecting our customers and you have our assurances that your accounts will not be compromised and all your funds are safe.

We apologize for this situation and once back online, we will reward our loyal customers with a truly sensational bonanza of promotions.

More information to follow. Any information not shared by Bet9ja should not be regarded as credible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding at this difficult time.

We will be back stronger, continuing to provide you with the best-in-class betting experience, as soon as is technically possible.

Signed,

Bet9ja Management Team.

What you should know about the Russian BlackCat Group?

In an article published on Tripwire and written by Graham Cluley ( a computer security expert and writer), BlackCat (also known as ALPHV) is a relatively new ransomware-as-a-service (RaaS) operation, which has been aggressively recruiting affiliates from other ransomware groups and targeting companies globally.

This hacking group extorts money from targeted organisations by stealing sensitive data and encrypting systems. At first request, the gang threatens to release users information on the organizations database publicly and if demands are not met, takes a step further by threatening to launch a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.

The group uses Rust to reduce the chances of the ransomware executable containing bugs that security researchers may be able to exploit, as well as making it fast to find and encrypt files on targeted networks, and able to run on Windows and Linux systems.

According to a report by Bloomberg, In February 2022, the russian blackcat group was allegedly responsible for ransomware attacks that took down a swath of Germany’s fuel-distribution system and hindered payments at some filling stations. The group has become popular with its sucessful cyber attacks since late 2021 by offering high payouts to its affiliates.

Will their demands be met?

It’s not known how much money the Black Cat group has demanded from the management of Bet9ja as ransom but the gaming site insists it will not accept the conditions of the Russian BlackCat group. The official Bet9ja website is still offline as of the time of publishing this article.

Should Bet9ja pay the ransom or fix the security threat to avoid future attacks? Please feel free to leave a comment below.

Source: https://yinksmedia.com/bet9ja-criminal-cyber-attack-what-you-need-to-know/

Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by robertmay19: 2:48am On Apr 08, 2022
thanks infor! trap the cat
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by chingle5(m): 5:43am On Apr 10, 2022
robertmay19:

Bro ur game make sense I love it
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by chingle5(m): 5:44am On Apr 10, 2022
robertmay19:

Bro make it an app and monetize it with some great effect
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
And my money is already with them.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Emeka71:
And my money is already with them.
send me ur bet9ja password login ,let me access it on darkweb
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Zazoopk:
send me ur bet9ja password login ,let me access it on darkweb
Even up until now I still can't login because they suspended my account.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 12:23pm On May 01, 2022
Emeka71:
Even up until now I still can't login because they suspended my account.
i will speak direct to the agency ,they will unsuspended your accout.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2022
Zazoopk:
i will speak direct to the agency ,they will unsuspended your accout.
You try.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by PNomsule: 12:59pm On May 06, 2022
Who else is experiencing delay in receiving credit from bet9ja withdrawals. Over N2m since Tuesday. Worse is about N568k has been cleared off my pending withdrawal list. Can any one help?
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2022
Emeka71:
You try.
drop me ur bet username and password.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 5:42pm On May 07, 2022
Zazoopk:
drop me ur bet username and password.
The thing has been resolved already.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 10:17pm On May 07, 2022
Emeka71:
The thing has been resolved already.
you think say I want scam you,see human being.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by kenearth50(m): 10:49pm On May 08, 2022
Zazoopk:

Then what's the reason for dropping username and password?
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2022
kenearth50:

Then what's the reason for dropping username and password?
how can i forward your issues to the admininstrator without your information username and password.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by kenearth50(m): 9:29am On May 09, 2022
Zazoopk:
how can i forward your issues to the admininstrator without your information username and password.

That's a lie..
I've a bet9ja sport account also and anytime I've issues with them, they only require my user ID.
The way you're even responding boldly is entirely on another level cos I don't understand how I'll have issues with my bank and someone will say I should drop my Internet ID & password or have issue with my social accounts and you say I should drop my user ID and password...
If it can't be resolved with only USER ID then I'm suspicious of you cos it's only scam that can require both.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2022
kenearth50:

That's a lie..
I've a bet9ja sport account also and anytime I've issues with them, they only require my user ID.
The way you're even responding boldly is entirely on another level cos I don't understand how I'll have issues with my bank and someone will say I should drop my Internet ID & password or have issue with my social accounts and you say I should drop my user ID and password...
If it can't be resolved with only USER ID then I'm suspicious of you cos it's only scam that can require both.
how much do you have I want to scam you, you know money is not everything,na help I want help you oooo Notting bad.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by kenearth50(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2022
Zazoopk:
how much do you have I want to scam you, you know money is not everything,na help I want help you oooo Notting bad.

Ok... if you say so
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 3:08pm On May 09, 2022
Zazoopk:
Anyhow sha.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 5:48pm On May 09, 2022
Emeka71:
Anyhow sha.
chat me on whatsapp 09160156928 let me help you more better.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Emeka71(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2022
Zazoopk:
chat me on whatsapp 09160156928 let me help you more better.
The something has been resolved.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by Zazoopk(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2022
Emeka71:
The something has been resolved.
ok thanks to God.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by paulhenge: 4:30am On Nov 08, 2023
Measures are needed to prevent this problem. Think about using bad ice cream
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by orabellehana: 10:13am On Feb 20
Inputting the correct credit hours into the GPA calculator ensures a precise calculation of the overall GPA.
Re: Bet9ja Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group: What You Need To Know? by fnaf12: 11:18am On Mar 01
I appreciate you taking the time to teach me this, and I promise to put it to good use. If you're seeking a fantastic website that also provides free entertainment alternatives, you should check out fnaf security breach unblocked.

(1) (Reply)

Will There Be A Modern Warfare 4? / How Can I Patch My Pes 2011 To Pes 2017 Or 18? / Any1 Gat Cheat 4 Gta4? Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.