Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana (2250 Views)

MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 12:39am On Apr 08, 2022
Hello nairalander

After applying for several jobs here in Nigeria nd none forthcoming, A friend of mine working in QI group of companies in Ghana told me they are still vacancy in the branch established in the eastern region of Ghana (nkawkaw)....

So he got me the company email and I sent my cv after some days, I was contacted and asked some fews questions which I answered well.

On the 1st of this month, I was congratulated and offered a placement in their health department, and was told to report to the HR office on the 13th of this month...

So now I will b leaving Nigeria for Ghana soon... And this my first time going.
What baffles me is that, the transport fare is now 60k... Omo I was really shocked ooo..

Is this the new transport fare now to Ghana? .... Though the driver said they are not passing through ceme border but through idiroko

And I will also like to know one or two about this place
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 08, 2022
Shebi nah u wan go work for Ghana?

Trek am nah,, b4 13days ur body go enter Ghana
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by dasparrow: 5:05am On Apr 08, 2022
Congratulations OP on your new job offer. I don't know anything about Ghana. Those who do may be able to help you. All the best!
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 7:51am On Apr 08, 2022
dasparrow:
Congratulations OP on your new job offer. I don't know anything about Ghana. Those who do may be able to help you. All the best!

Thank you
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by aieromon(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2022
OGraffix:
Hello nairalander

After applying for several jobs here in Nigeria nd none forthcoming, A friend of mine working in Q1 group of companies in Ghana told me they are still vacancy in the branch established in the eastern region of Ghana (nkawkaw)....

So he got me the company email and I sent my cv after some days, I was contacted and asked some fews questions which I answered well.

On the 1st of this month, I was congratulated and offered a placement in their health department, and was told to report to the HR office on the 13th of this month...

Just like that?

Shine your eyes brother shocked

Google search however reveals damming issues about the operations of Qnet globally. Over 100 people from Togo reportedly became victims of Qnet operations in Ghana. They were told by friends that they found jobs in Ghana with a monthly salary of 300,000 CFA franc but were instead made to pay 500,000 CFA franc, held hostage under the guise of training. In April 2020, Police in Abuakwa in Ashanti Region arrested four Qnet agents for allegedly scamming 29 west African Nationals lured to Ghana under the guise of securing them jobs in mining firm for which they were charged $750 each but later discovered they have been recruited into network marketing.

https://www.modernghana.com/amp/news/1067936/qnets-money-doubling-scheme-sparks-rage-among.html
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by aieromon(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2022
QNET is a network marketing organization that began as GoldQuest in 1998. It maintains that is a direct selling company that aims at contributing to healthy living.

According to its management, if buyers can refer others to patronize their products, they can earn commissions on the purchases of the people they refer.

Even though it sounds like a great business opportunity, QNET shows signs of a Ponzi or pyramid scheme. As such, operations of QNET have over the years been banned in several countries including Saudi Arabia, Rwanda, Canada, India, Turkey, amongst others.

Meanwhile here in Ghana, quite several QNET agencies have been set up in parts of the Eastern Region and several other undiscovered locations. At these agencies, Independent Representatives introduce the direct selling business to innocent citizens and even foreigners and convince them of the credibility of the business which is not the case.

Most of those involved in this business are based in the Eastern Region as well as in other locations around the country with Kasoa being a centre of the conversation. There are Ghanaians, Nigerians, Malians, and Burkinabe, some of which are tricked into joining and forced to work with these QNET agencies.

These potential agents are asked to undergo ‘training’ and buy at least one of the QNET’s products online, the least price being GH₵ 4,200 before they can be registered as Independent Representatives to start earning commissions.

In an interview with Yaw, a young man who was introduced to sign up, he said he had to pull out after realizing things were not adding up.

“I went for a QNET presentation at a location that I want to keep private,” Yaw told Pulse.com.gh.

“I didn’t find their home settings favourable in the sense that, I noted little things which reversed my intention to sign up to QNET. I realized their testimonial footage they filmed to show us looked staged and unreal.”

Another person who would like to stay anonymous gave a full account of her experience:

“A friend reached out to me on how to make quick money. Even though I was sceptical about this move I needed that money badly. As early as 4 am I left Haatso to Kasoa to the QNET office for an interview.

“When I got to the entrance of the office, I saw a lot of youth there that made me comfortable a bit but I must confess, where the venue is situated is not a place anyone who loved to go alone. A solitary place with a handful of building around.

“I got in and saw a man who looked like he was on a food strike. So lean and looked very unkempt teaching a group of people obviously on how to scam. I was offered a seat when I entered and told to wait for my turn for the interview.

“I got into the office for the interview and it was all so funny. Looking at a man whom I thought should be organised has bleached from head to toe. His knuckles, alone got me wondering if I was at the right place.

“The interview ended earlier than I thought, asking me for my background details and if I can make sales. They made it look like it was a network company where I had to get to people and also sign people on. I thought that was the end of the interview until he told me I can only get the jot after I pay GHS 4000.

“Onua! If I had that money I wouldn't come there at all. I left the office and I had my friend convincing me to quickly sign up and start. He said it's very lucrative and he has got enough to even start his own business.

“He advised that I borrow money from people to make payment which I didn't because of that he never spoke to me again.

“Anuanom today this guy dey br3 papa. Dem chop am koraa and he doesn't know how to scam even though he was taken through scamming lessons.”

These innocent people who fall into the hands of network marketing schemes like QNET due to unemployment lose huge sums of money they acquire through loans or savings.

Also, other people are at a risk of being dragged into this fraudulent ‘money-sucking’ chain.

https://www.pulse.com.gh/business/qnet-in-ghana-a-scam-or-a-means-to-make-quick-money/67mfblt
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2022
aieromon:

Just like that?

Shine your eyes brother shocked

https://www.modernghana.com/amp/news/1067936/qnets-money-doubling-scheme-sparks-rage-among.html

Thank you for this..

But wat I'm reading here, is totally different anyway
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 16, 2022
Update the thread nah, are you in Ghana already?
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by aieromon(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
OGraffix:

Thank you for this..

But wat I'm reading here, is totally different anyway

OGraffix:

It's was a fake job... They are gnld people using q-net as means of exhorting people... I'm even planing to create thread on it... I'm back to naija already

Sometimes, experience is the best teacher.

Sorry

3 Likes

Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
aieromon:

Sometimes, experience is the best teacher.

Sorry

Yeah bro... Nd moreover it's my friend dat lured me to come that the job was genuine

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2022
OGraffix:

Yeah bro... Nd moreover it's my friend dat lured me to come that the job was genuine

And where's that friend bayii

1 Like

Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
businesshub101:

And where's that friend bayii
The weray still dey there...

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
OGraffix:

Advice am to either get another job or come home
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by Originalsly: 5:06am On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=OGraffix poExtortionate.

[/quote]

Know your friends.... cost you to know he was not.Good that you cut your losses ... swallowed whatever pride... and returned. We live... we learn... Karma is real ... somehow ... you will get a job better than you expect and somehow ... he will not see his way... no matter how hard he tries.
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by OGraffix(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=Originalsly post=112044071][/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up bro
Re: Journey To Nkawkaw Ghana by ghboy83: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2022
Mumu you have been scam.

(1) (Reply)

1 / Networking Thread For Nigerian Students In The UK / Travelling To Kano For The First Time.... My Experience And Thoughts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.