Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu (3236 Views)

FG To Earn N2.5b Daily From N50 Bank Charge / Jonathan To Inaugurate 40MW Kashimbila Dam In February / Jonathan Flags-off First Phase Of The $1bn Azura-Edo Greenfield Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Afanna1: 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
[b]

FG flags off N2.57b dam project in Enugu

On July 5, 2011 · In Sweet Crude

TONY EDIKE

ENUGU—THE Federal Government has commenced work on N2.57 billion Adada River Dam project in Igbo-Etiti and Uzo-Uwani Local Government Areas of Enugu North senatorial district.

Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Water Resources, Ambassador Godknows Igali, who represented the Federal government during the flag off of the project, said the dam project is the biggest federal government project in the area since the establishment of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka over 40 years ago.

He warned the three host communities not to do anything that would hamper the expected hitch-free execution of the project billed to be delivered within 24 months, explaining that the dam is expected to provide portable water, electricity and irrigation for agricultural activities.

Igali described the project as a one of the several milestones of the federal government’s efforts in the sustainable development and economic empowerment of the people, adding that the effective utilization and management of the nation’s abundant water resources especially in construction and maintenance of dams, irrigation, water supply and sanitation have strong linkages to a cluster of sectors that are central to the achievement of national development especially the attainment of food security, improved health and income generation.

In his speech, the initiator of the constituency project, Senator Ayogu Eze representing Enugu North Senatorial zone assured that the people will do all it can as a community, as a people to ensure the project endures to the benefit of our people.

He described the Dam as one of the highest projects being initiated by the federal government; “we have a University quite alright, but the university was built and handed over to the government this is the first one of its capacity that the federal government is initiating on its own and it’s a very landmark development.

The senator who noted that the project has gone through reviews promised to ensure that there is budgetary provisions until the project is completed; “I am also going to work with my colleagues to bring a second Dam to the zone.”

“I want to assure you that this Dam will change the lives of our people; it will change the lives of the people of our senatorial district and above all it will provide one resource that our people have been crying for; it will provide water to Nsukka, because Nsukka is going to be the capital of the new Adada State,” the Senator said.

Eze assured his people that if there is any state that will be created, it will be Adada State; “we have made a resolution that we have proved that Democracy can work, that through consensus, discussion and through dialogue that we can amend the constitution, that we can do other things.

“We now want to prove that it is not only the military that can create state, that in a democracy, we can discuss amongst ourselves, through consultation, dialogue and reaching out to one another to create states and I assure you that Adada State would soon become a reality.”

Earlier the Deputy Governor Sunday Onyebuchi who represented Governor Sullivan Chime assured that the state government will provide all necessary logistics and support to ensure the successful execution of the project.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/fg-flags-off-n2-57b-dam-project-in-enugu/
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by aljharem3: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
good move
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by EzeUche(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2011
Great! cheesy
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by aljharem3: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
can the dam be used to generate electricity
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by homerac7: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2011
^ alh boko haram,

Can u read at all or do u just hav problem wt comprehension? Please re read and answer ur question urself

@ all,

What's ds madness about further state creation about? Dts my senator unfortunately, but he sounded s.tepid wt dt.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by kholis(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2011
I just hope this will not be like one of thousands of federal govt abandoned projects. We are all used to mouth-watering contract initiation in Nigeria which is always politicized and abandoned.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by aljharem3: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
homerac7:

^ alh boko haram,

Can u read at all or do u just hav problem wt comprehension? Please re read and answer your question urself

@ all,

What's ds madness about further state creation about? Dts my senator unfortunately, but he sounded s.tepid wt dt.

explain to me instead of blabbing about boko haram and reading problem

i can't read
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by OAM4J: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Good.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by homerac7: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ alh boko haram,

I wish Beaf were here to take care of ur fvck up. If u can read ds at all then u can read paragraph 3, line 4 of d report.

Remember to say thank u to me after dt. lol
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
This is a good nove.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ZnO: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
One dam project in the East while there are 100 dams built by the feds in the North. But again, like Oliver Twist, I join the others in saying thank you GEJ, and asking for more, still.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by saintneo(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^ liked and seconded
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by executinal(m): 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2011
Great move cool cool
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ak47mann(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2011
enugu state is on fire keep it up cheesy cheesy
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2011
very positive one!
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by mithel(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=18pt] ALERT ALERT ALERT

PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! 
[/size]
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by member479760: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2011
he is going the job is being pay to do.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by manny4life(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2011
That's wasup, It looks like Enugu is gradually coming up; perhaps surpassing Lagos state grin grin grin
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by OgidiBoy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
By play by play, Enugu will soon become the Dubai of Nigeria. With the new International Airport that is soon to be opened, the shopping center the

building, the coal exploration they talking about, and now this. We laugh at Wawa people, put look at all they accomplishing.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Nymphnode(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2011
manny4life:

That's wasup, It looks like Enugu is gradually coming up; perhaps surpassing Lagos state grin grin grin
Why do I not see that happening in a century?
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
I just hope any never becomes like lagos. Enugu shouls retain it's tranquility abegm Enugu should striving to be like Miami without the ocean.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ZnO: 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
Enugu has laways been cool, even its climate.
God bless that governor and Obi and Rochas.

Hopefully soon we will recover the grass from the locust in Abia
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ASANIGBO(m): 11:35pm On Jul 05, 2011
THE

COOL

CITY

STATE.

"GOOD"
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by manny4life(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nymph node:

Why do I  not see that happening in a century?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean others are not seeing it; unfortunately, everyone mustn't see it, neither does everyone have to witness it. My suggestion, perhaps, removing that clog of doubt in you eyes will broaden your visibility to positive outlook. My advice, don't oversleep on that train of doubt else u be left behind.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by kasiem(m): 12:04am On Jul 06, 2011
Igbos on the march. Who says we dont benefit from our senators?
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by HighChief4(m): 12:35am On Jul 06, 2011
I am really impressed with all these happenings in Enugu. The last time I went home I was really glad
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by HighChief4(m): 12:39am On Jul 06, 2011
Umu afo Igbo, biko jenu denye afa na Nzuko Ndigbo ebe a: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-705192.99999.html#bot
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ektbear: 12:51am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

Hehe. That is the right spirit smiley
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by MeandSum: 1:13am On Jul 06, 2011
ZnO:

One dam project in the East while there are 100 dams built by the feds in the North. But again, like Oliver Twist, I join the others in saying thank you GEJ, and asking for more, still.

Yeye man! The stupidity of some tribalist here never seize to Amaze me! If you are educated at all you'll know why there are more dams in the north than anywhere here in the south. I guess you are one of those people who thinks there's no water in the north.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by MeandSum: 1:14am On Jul 06, 2011
manny4life:

keep plucking that chicken!
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by Rooneyboy(m): 2:00am On Jul 06, 2011
the governor is absolutely wonderful, ride on boss.
Re: Fg Flags Off N2.57b Dam Project In Enugu by ZnO: 2:11am On Jul 06, 2011
MeandSum:

Yeye man! The stupidity of some tribalist here never seize to Amaze me! If you are educated at all you'll know why there are more dams in the north than anywhere here in the south. I guess you are one of those people who thinks there's no water in the north.

WTF? Learn not to mess with me or you get burned. In case you are hard of understanding, the word dam personifies all the fed projects abundant in the north but not elsewhere. Now run along and play with your mates.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Think Nigeria Will Ever Be A Developed Country: ? / Jeunesse Global Expands To Africa, Nigerians Enjoys The Benefits / What Can Make You Write This Kind Of Withdrawal Slip To Your Bank????? - LOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.