Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (3237 Views)

Custom Boss Lifts Ban On Rice Import / FG To Stop Rice Importation In 2015 / Rice Importation To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by tombeck: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
Re: . by braine(m): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Only if you can expanciate want you want to know about rice importation.
Re: . by tombeck: 8:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Re: . by abbey37(m): 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lovely thread any one into this business should please respond
Re: . by abbe7(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2013
There are different kinds of rice one can venture into importing, but adequate analysis should be taken care of in its profitability in the domestic market.

One can opt for commercial options; Thai rice, Indian rice, Pakistani rice, or Vietnam rice. Each vary in price and specification. Parboiled is mostly sort for locally and Thai rice is mostly prefered followed by the rest.

The rice is mostly shipped in 20ft containers, containing 500bags of 50kg rice. Approx 25tons.

Cost and Freight of rice to Apapa port can vary from $490 - $690 per ton. (Per ton means 20 of 50kg bags)

Other expenses you will incurr are:

Customs Duties: 30 - 40% of value of rice

Domestic Import Service Charge from Shipping Coy: Average of N58,000 for 20ft

Terminal Charges from Container Bay Operators: Average N56,000 (will be higher if container is transfered to a Bonded or private terminal)

Transport logistics to warehouse: Determined by location of warehouse, average of N35,000 - N60,000 within Lagos.

Customs Clearing Agent fees: it varies and is negotiable

Some prefer to import, while some prefer to buy already imported ones for distribution. Either way its still not enough to fill the gap in the increasing demand nationwide. And due to the ravaging floods in farms belonging to coastal states last year, rice is much more needed and imports cannot be banned now.

My best regards.

2 Likes

Re: . by femadesh(m): 9:41am On Jan 09, 2013
The best way to import rice into this country is through smuggling. I hav my reasons for sayin dis. I can't imagine paying all the above listed cost to Nigerian Port Authority alone. If u can find ur way wit a custom official...
Re: . by OlosundeBayode(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
pls i need more advise expecially from those that are into the business.

(1) (Reply)

Need Who Can Supply Me Electronics Direct From Uk...local Or Abroad Cheaply / What Lucrative Business Can One Do With 1500000 / Pain, Tears As Guaranty Trust Bank Blocks Account Of Customers Wrongly Over BVN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.