Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" (7441 Views)

Awoyaya: Luxury 3 Bedroom Castle House For Sale At N33m / The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:04am On Apr 09, 2022
To the glory of The Almighty God, we gather here once more to build another imposing edifice as usual. We have been awarded a new contract to build a 7 bedrooms duplex in Anambra state. Details of the project;

Project: New construction of a 7 bedroom duplex
Client: A Nairalander
Contractors: Spyder880 builders
Duration: 120 days. (Carcass)
Budget: To be revealed later.

Please stay tuned as we prepare to construct this building, using the best processes and adhering to best practices. We will start this project as from the 24th of this month.

My people, I thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:07am On Apr 09, 2022
This building is planned to have the following features internally;

DOWNSTAIRS.

1 Entrance porch
1 Ante room
1 Mini lounge
1 Main lounge
1 Dining room
1 Lobby
1 Kitchen
2 Ensuit bedrooms
1 Pair of curling stairs
1 Spare staircase
1 Visitors WC

UPSTAIRS

1Masters bedroom
4 Ensuit bedrooms
1 Family private lounge
1 Lobby/gallery

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:08am On Apr 09, 2022
This is the compound where we plan to build this house. ........

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Mazicito: 6:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Congratulations bro. The seem like a huge house. I am sure you will do justice to it going by your wonderful portfolio.
Quick question, I noticed a lot of new homes have those gigantic pillars in front or on the side. Is there any structural needs for them or just the trend?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2022
Mazicito:
Congratulations bro. The seem like a huge house. I am sure you will do justice to it going by your wonderful portfolio.
Quick question, I noticed a lot of new homes have those gigantic pillars in front or on the side. Is there any structural needs for them or just the trend?

I think the pillars serve an important need, the need for an extended cover against weather elements like rain or harsh sunshine especially when one wants to relax upstairs and view the surroundings. Many people find it difficult staying indoors for long, and the pillars serve to extent their outside cover. Welcome bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by PotatoSalad(m): 6:38am On Apr 09, 2022
That's a big house. shocked

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by kopell: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2022
spyder880:
To the glory of The Almighty God, we gather here once more to build another imposing edifice as usual. We have been awarded a new contract to build a 7 bedrooms duplex in Anambra state. Details of the project;

Please stay tuned as we prepare to construct this building, using the best processes and adhering to best practices. We will start this project as from the 24th of this month.

Congratulation

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2022
kopell:
Congratulation

Thank you Sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by DaInferno(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2022
spyder880:

I think the pillars serve an important need, the need for an extended cover against weather elements like rain or harsh sunshine especially when one wants to relax upstairs and view the surroundings. Many people find it difficult staying indoors for long, and the pillars serve to extent their outside cover. Welcome bro.
to say the pillars serve as outside cover isn't logical enough, pillars cannot stop rain splash or sunlight. Ever heard about truss? The most essential use of pillars is to support a structure and in more recent times: add beauty!
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 9:33am On Apr 09, 2022
DaInferno:
to say the pillars serve as outside cover isn't logical enough, pillars cannot stop rain splash or sunlight. Ever heard about truss? The most essential use of pillars is to support a structure and in more recent times: add beauty!

Thanks for saying it better. Welcome.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Henix(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2022
Congratulations! The house is quite massive

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Mazicito: 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2022
DaInferno:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder in this case. I for one is not very fond of most of them. Some take up a huge portion of the view but some are tastefully placed that they add to the aesthetics of the house.

Anyways @Spyder880, I am in the middle of building my home now and to be frank, I wish I used your services. the frustration of taking one month for the slab is getting on my nerves despite my giving the entire cash upfront.

Can you give me a little insight into your accounting to the customer?
My case, the work is broken into 7 stages and quote provided. I provide fund for each stage and Engineer buys and builds with his staffs. I am not sure if the amount used is exactly the quoted items, less or more.

What happens when the amount of material you quoted for the customer on a stage of work, say slab work, is not used up? Do you roll over the rest to the next stage and adjust the quote for that stage?

What is the prevailing practice in your field?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by michlins(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
We're here gidigba

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
Mazicito:

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder in this case. I for one is not very fond of most of them. Some take up a huge portion of the view but some are tastefully placed that they add to the aesthetics of the house.

Anyways @Spyder880, I am in the middle of building my home now and to be frank, I wish I used your services. the frustration of taking one month for the slab is getting on my nerves despite my giving the entire cash upfront.

Can you give me a little insight into your accounting to the customer?
My case, the work is broken into 7 stages and quote provided. I provide fund for each stage and Engineer buys and builds with his staffs. I am not sure if the amount used is exactly the quoted items, less or more.

What happens when the amount of material you quoted for the customer on a stage of work, say slab work, is not used up? Do you roll over the rest to the next stage and adjust the quote for that stage?

What is the prevailing practice in your field?

This is a very important question, and from my experience, has caused a lot of ill feelings between contractors, engineers, homeowners and other suppliers. To start with, I will say that an homeowner should discuss these matters upfront with the engineer or contractor. Things like left over materials should be discussed and agreements followed during construction processes.

But if there is no prior agreement to make the contractors let go of left over materials from previous stages, I think the engineer or contractor should roll over the left over materials into the next stages, without any discount from next stage funding.

There are some materials that are impossible to use up to the last bits, sand, chippings, blocks and wood will always be left after every stage.

Contractors and engineers can lose money for a stage, but if they have a lot of materials left on the site, they can move on and use the materials remaining to start the next stage of the work, this might make them recover some losses.

I have also formed the habit of buying materials in bulk, and this might mean stocking some of the materials on site. This always helps me to hedge against inflation.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by chelseamann(m): 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
I'm really impressed with your work Mr @Spyder880..

I hope to start a building project someday in the East and I will surely engage your service to it..

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
michlins:
We're here gidigba

Welcome my man.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
chelseamann:
I'm really impressed with your work Mr @Spyder888..

I hope to start a building project someday in the East and I will surely engage your service to it..

Thank you bro, I also hope to work for you one day. God will always strengthen us not to disappoint you all.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Chriswazo(m): 5:01am On Apr 12, 2022
spyder880:

Thank you bro, I also hope to work for you one day. God will always strengthen us not to disappoint you all.

How much do you buy granite recently in your location and when was the most recent?
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by folmus: 6:19am On Apr 12, 2022
I came late to class!
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by michlins(m): 6:38am On Apr 12, 2022
folmus:
I came late to class!
we still dey do assembly. Class never start proper
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by folmus: 7:06am On Apr 12, 2022
michlins:
we still dey do assembly. Class never start proper

Thank God cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Apr 12, 2022
Chriswazo:

How much do you buy granite recently in your location and when was the most recent?

The ones they are bringing for me this morning from Ebonyi to Enugu are N9,400 per ton. Transportation is about N35,000 for a 10 ton truck from the quarry.

A 10 ton truck has risen from the N80,000 I used to buy them in January to about N140,000 today. Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Chriswazo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2022
spyder880:

The ones they are bringing for me this morning from Ebonyi to Enugu are N9,400 per ton. Transportation is about N35,000 for a 10 ton truck from the quarry.

A 10 ton truck has risen from the N80,000 I used to buy them in January to about N140,000 today. Nigeria.

Nawa I was told 370k per 25 ton o, I shock
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by okeysoninv: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2022
be giving us cost break down as the project moves

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by capetownboyz(m): 5:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
How much will this edifice cost to complete.. Igbo men don’t go cheap on buildings ..

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by Mazicito: 4:47am On Apr 19, 2022
spyder880:

This is a very important question, and from my experience, has caused a lot of ill feelings between contractors, engineers, homeowners and other suppliers. To start with, I will say that an homeowner should discuss these matters upfront with the engineer or contractor. Things like left over materials should be discussed and agreements followed during construction processes.

But if there is no prior agreement to make the contractors let go of left over materials from previous stages, I think the engineer or contractor should roll over the left over materials into the next stages, without any discount from next stage funding.

There are some materials that are impossible to use up to the last bits, sand, chippings, blocks and wood will always be left after every stage.

Contractors and engineers can lose money for a stage, but if they have a lot of materials left on the site, they can move on and use the materials remaining to start the next stage of the work, this might make them recover some losses.

I have also formed the habit of buying materials in bulk, and this might mean stocking some of the materials on site. This always helps me to hedge against inflation.

Thanks for this. I trust my contractor/Engineer but as a human you cant help but wonder sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by topsy23: 5:58am On Apr 19, 2022
spyder880:

Congrats Oga spyder

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 6:53am On Apr 19, 2022
okeysoninv:
be giving us cost break down as the project moves

I will try my best within available time. Thanks.

capetownboyz:
How much will this edifice cost to complete.. Igbo men don’t go cheap on buildings ..

Its difficult to say at this inflation ridden economy, we will find out as we complete the construction stages.

Mazicito:

Thanks for this. I trust my contractor/Engineer but as a human you cant help but wonder sometimes.

Things like that are best handled with trust.

topsy23:

Congrats Oga spyder

Oga Topsy23, God bless you for all you do, you are a very trustworthy and reliable person. Thank you.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by MrAmaechi(m): 11:01am On Apr 19, 2022
This is something Hugeee.

kopell:
Congratulation

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2022
We have gone to see the project site, and making final arrangements to start this project as soon as the site store is set up, and we can drive trucks into this site.

Planning to start actual construction as from this weekend.

Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2022
We are planning to start this building by Wednesday next week. Arrangements to construct the site store and also create an entrance where trucks can bring in sand and chippings is ongoing.

Actual construction should begin by Wednesday, more pictures when we start.
Re: The Making Of The "Anambra 7 Bedroom Castle" by spyder880(m): 7:16am On Apr 27, 2022
Some site store delays has prevented us from starting today, but I will be moving to start stocking this site with blocks, sand, chippings and other materials needed to give us a smooth start to this project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Requirements For Certificate Of Occupancy In Ogun State / Versatile Interior & Exterior Decor / Vincitore Palacio And Vincitore Boulevard (dubai Luxury Apartments)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.