Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,199 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? (817 Views)

Man Discovers "Hidden Camera" In His Hotel Room At A Hotel In VI Lagos / What’s The Worst And Weirdest Experience You’ve Had At A Hotel? / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by starboi63(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
I am yet to see threads of people migrating with getting a job in the hospitality industry.
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Cousin9999: 12:46am On Apr 10, 2022
From what I've seen, some locations use contracted foreign labor for seasonal work. These are popular vacation destinations.
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by ednut1(m): 1:40am On Apr 10, 2022
starboi63:
I am yet to see threads of people migrating with getting a job in the hospitality industry.
because its not a skilled industry. Any tom dick and harry in those countries can do the job . So they would not need immigrants for the job.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Cousin9999: 2:25am On Apr 10, 2022
Whether a job is skilled or not does not dictate if companies choose to outsource. Various large American employers and government contracting companies use labor from Asia, the Caribbean, and elsewhere, skilled and unskilled.

Just do your research to find these entities, make sure it's legit and safe, and seize any opportunities that come your way. Note that the job could be just about anywhere, long-term or short, low or high pay, and opportunities for advancement or none.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by ednut1(m): 9:00am On Apr 10, 2022
Cousin9999:
Whether a job is skilled or not does not dictate if companies choose to outsource. Various large American employers and government contracting companies use labor from Asia, the Caribbean, and elsewhere, skilled and unskilled.

Just do your research to find these entities, make sure it's legit and safe, and seize any opportunities that come your way. Note that the job could be just about anywhere, long-term or short, low or high pay, and opportunities for advancement or none.
stop deceiving people you this boy that has obviously never travelled or applied for visa. Why have you or anyone of your siblings not applied for this so called jobs or visa
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
starboi63:

Should I open a thread on how I became a garbage man or room service attendant in a small hot sheet hotel the hospitality industry?
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by NONNYG: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
Hospitality job remains one of the easiest job to get in UAE when you're on a visit Visa, but due to work permit issues, it's now very difficult. You can start from room attendant, kitchen steward etc, after 6 months you're eligible to do cross training to your desired department eg IT, front office, HR etc

1 Like

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Cousin9999: 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't accept employment outside North America or northwest Europe. You will not be safe elsewhere, and you're very unlikely to be paid.

1 Like

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Richdee1(m): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2022
Originalsly:

Should I open a thread on how I became a garbage man or room service attendant in a small hot sheet hotel the hospitality industry?

Please do
Try tag me abeg

1 Like

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by NONNYG: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Cousin9999:
Don't accept employment outside North America or northwest Europe. You will not be safe elsewhere, and you're very unlikely to be paid.
What are you saying?
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by starboi63(m): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Do you work in the uae?
NONNYG:
Hospitality job remains one of the easiest job to get in UAE when you're on a visit Visa, but due to work permit issues, it's now very difficult. You can start from room attendant, kitchen steward etc, after 6 months you're eligible to do cross training to your desired department eg IT, front office, HR etc
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by starboi63(m): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2022
It's a skilled industry and you can get trained while working..
ednut1:
because its not a skilled industry. Any tom dick and harry in those countries can do the job . So they would not need immigrants for the job.
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by Bifwoli: 1:48am On Apr 12, 2022
ednut1:
That's very true .Plus most of Europe,North America want Filipinos ,Eastern Europeans,native blacks or Mexicans. Africans with a thick accent have a slim chance.
Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2022
Very slim.
You’ll have a better chance of applying to work on a cruise ship. Cruise lines hire a good number of Africans, Indians, and others.

1 Like

Re: What's The Chance Of Getting A Hotel Job Overseas? by starboi63(m): 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Guys after excessive search online, I found it. infact it's NHS and they offer visa sponsorship.It also requires you have some certificates such as food safety hygiene, coshh, first aid and co..
Registering ielts tomorrow.
Will I register for ielts general or ielts academics?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Italy Or France..where Should I Go And Why..opinions Needed Please / From Sango Ota To Isheri-igando / The Usa Has Had 604 Mass Shootings In 2022 So Far. The List Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.