Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 (800 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 / Honda Accord 07 Vs Honda Civic 07 Review (2) (3) (4)

Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 7:26am On Apr 10, 2022
Good day everyone.
Bought a Honda Accord 07 today, but my mechanic noticed there is no Catalyst in the car, he said it would cost about 90k to get a replacement or I get someone to manually create a makeshift one for the car. I honestly don't want to spend much to fix the car at the moment.

I need an advise on what to do??

Please help
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Mayor555(m): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2022
Is drivability been affected? Any issues?
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by buygala(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.
Bought a Honda Accord 07 today, but my mechanic noticed there is no Catalyst in the car, he said it would cost about 90k to get a replacement or I get someone to manually create a makeshift one for the car. I honestly don't want to spend much to fix the car at the moment.

Please help

Ignore the catalyst issue..it only causes issues if the catalyst port is blocked leading to a suffocated engine... If na empty e empty, ignore and fire down grin

If you are not comfortable with the check engine light concerning the catalyst codes, get a spacer installed..

No go spend money put catalyst wey another mechanic abi panel beater go still thief later

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 9:42am On Apr 10, 2022
Mayor555:
Is drivability been affected? Any issues?

It drives fine, but may potential affect the engine overtime and heavy fuel consumption, well according to my mechanic
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2022
buygala:

Ignore the catalyst issue..it only causes issues if the catalyst port is blocked leading to a suffocated engine... If na empty e empty, ignore and fire down grin

If you are not comfortable with the check engine light concerning the catalyst codes, get a spacer installed..

No go spend money put catalyst wey another mechanic abi panel beater go still thief later

Thanks, but does the spacer also work fine, in terms of feul consumption and strain on the engine.
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by buygala(m): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:

Thanks, but does the spacer also work fine, in terms of feul consumption and strain on the engine.

Catalyst has nothing to do with fuel consumption... It's business is keeping engine emissions under approved limit.. but that doesn't concern us here in Nigeria

Its only if the Catalyst port is blocked that engine will be strained... if its empty, engine will be very fine...

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Echocho: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2022
I can arrange cheap ones for u if u stay in ph or yenagoa. Call me on 08034510903
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 10:01am On Apr 10, 2022
buygala:

Catalyst has nothing to do with fuel consumption... It's business is keeping engine emissions under approved limit.. but that doesn't concern us here in Nigeria

Its only if the Catalyst port is blocked that engine will be strained... if its empty, engine will be very fine...

Thanks for the clarity again!!
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Mayor555(m): 12:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:

It drives fine, but may potential affect the engine overtime and heavy fuel consumption, well according to my mechanic

I doubt that...

As it is now, Your engine will breathe fine.

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by olenyi: 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.

Please help

Op

Go through the below thread very well. Place your order and have rest of mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/6280487/catalytic-converter-problems-cheap-solution

Warm regards
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by abraolas1: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.

Did you just Noticed or has been removed before . Cos I learnt they do steal it a lot . Mine was block so they request that I should remove it to save he engine ...been looking to buy another one for my Corolla 2004

Please help
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by abraolas1: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.

Please help

Did you just Noticed or has been removed before . Cos I learnt they do steal it a lot . Mine was block so they request that I should remove it to save he engine ...been looking to buy another one for my Corolla 2004
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
abraolas1:

I bought the car like that, I was able to get another at Oyingbo for 45k.

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by abraolas1: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
baba4thegehs:

I bought the car like that, I was able to get another at Oyingbo for 45k.

ok i hope its original though . my engine is now making noise compare to when it was fitted ..
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by aAK1(m): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
baba4thegehs:

i don’t even understand what you mean by strain on the engine. The cat is actually the one that adds stress on you engine. Your engine breath's better without it.

Honda Accord (EOD) Needed / Pls Help! My Idle Speed Is Between 1,000-1,100 / 2007 Honda Accord Leaks Oil When Engine Is Hot