Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 (1605 Views)

Flashing Or Blinking "D" Light On Honda Dashboard Issue / Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 / Honda Accord 07 Vs Honda Civic 07 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2022
Good day everyone.
Bought a Honda Accord 07 today, but my mechanic noticed there is no Catalyst in the car, he said it would cost about 90k to get a replacement or I get someone to manually create a makeshift one for the car. I honestly don't want to spend much to fix the car at the moment.

I need an advise on what to do??

Please help
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Angrygoat: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2022
Catalyst 90k,when no be 3 way catalyst. That mechanic na ole. Go to where they sell car parts,be it a roadside shop or main market. Get an idea of the price. Ole. 90k for honda catalyst. If its too much tokunbo should be around 40 to 45k max. So him self wan chop another 45k free from you,minus workmanship. I hate artisans and the npf. Even if u go with your guy or go alone,they will still sell condemned one for you packaged as tokunbo. Be it catalyst,ball joints,shocks,just name it. Enter market go get idea of price 1st. Ah wetin.
Na accord

2 Likes

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Echocho: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2022
Call me for a cheap one on 08034510903
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by CocoaOla: 11:14am On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.
Bought a Honda Accord 07 today, but my mechanic noticed there is no Catalyst in the car, he said it would cost about 90k to get a replacement or I get someone to manually create a makeshift one for the car. I honestly don't want to spend much to fix the car at the moment.

Please help
catalyst dey cause k leg for honda like this ooo

2 Likes

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by melviniyke2002(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2022
Angrygoat:
Catalyst 90k,when no be 3 way catalyst. That mechanic na ole. Go to where they sell car parts,be it a roadside shop or main market. Get an idea of the price. Ole. 90k for honda catalyst. If its too much tokunbo should be around 40 to 45k max. So him self wan chop another 45k free from you,minus workmanship. I hate artisans and the npf. Even if u go with your guy or go alone,they will still sell condemned one for you packaged as tokunbo. Be it catalyst,ball joints,shocks,just name it. Enter market go get idea of price 1st. Ah wetin.
Na accord
original follow com toks catalyst shd be above 100k......d 45k own ur quoting is china......op u car wud drive fyn without catalyst......or get spacer frm gazzuzz n fix ur tin.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2022
CocoaOla:
catalyst dey cause k leg for honda like this ooo

How nau!? Lol
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.

Please help

A genuine, untampered catalytic converter for your vehicle that is still in great working condition will cost more than 90k. If you confirm that the one he is offering is sound, SNATCH it at that price. It won't get better than that except it is compromised already or clearly a bad unit.

However, I'm curious: when you say there's no catalytic converter, do you mean the whole unit has been removed or just the precious metals inside that were compromised?

There may yet be a simple solution for you, depending on the actual state of things.

1 Like

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by baba4thegehs: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

A genuine, untampered catalytic converter for your vehicle that is still in great working condition will cost more than 90k. If you confirm that the one he is offering is sound, SNATCH it at that price. It won't get better than that except it is compromised already or clearly a bad unit.

However, I'm curious: when you say there's no catalytic converter, do you mean the whole unit has been removed or just the precious metals inside that were compromised?

There may yet be a simple solution for you, depending on the actual state of things.

So we checked today and realized that the housing got the catalyst is still in good shape, but the content was made of copper wire which blocked the passage.

So yeah.. the precious metals is missing.
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
baba4thegehs:

So we checked today and realized that the housing got the catalyst is still in good shape, but the content was made of copper wire which blocked the passage.

So yeah.. the precious metals is missing.

With the housing intact, a replacement is optional.

Remove that garbage and things should work fine.

Bothered about the CEL?

Install a fouler.

Problem solved.
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by thebigkendo(m): 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Good day everyone.

Please help

Then don't.. Catalyst on that car is majorly for emission control.. It does not affect fuel consumption. Remove the garbage copper wire & drive the car like that.

3 Likes

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by AutoMoTech(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
thebigkendo:

Then don't.. Catalyst on that car is majorly for emission control.. It does not affect fuel consumption. Remove the garbage copper wire & drive the car like that.

And the engine gets to breathe better with no back pressure... Happy engine. More power

2 Likes

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
AutoMoTech:

And the engine gets to breathe better with no back pressure... Happy engine. More power

Except that on truly cold starts, the ears would silently curse you grin
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by seanfer(m): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2022
grin
ThrottleHolic:

Story of my life. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2022
seanfer:
grin

grin grin grin
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by AutoMoTech(m): 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

Really? Never noticed tho...
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by AutoMoTech(m): 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2022
seanfer:
grin

Oya share with us na. Wetin dey happen gan gan?
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Really? Never noticed tho...

You've decatted and things are still the same in your ears on cold starts?

You're a lucky man!
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by AutoMoTech(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

You've decatted and things are still the same in your ears on cold starts?

You're a lucky man!

No o. There is definitely a difference but "ears cursing on cold starts" na that one dey shock me. Isn't that bad tho
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2022
AutoMoTech:

No o. There is definitely a difference but "ears cursing on cold starts" na that one dey shock me. Isn't that bad tho

This one na literature oh smiley On a more serious note, it isn't that bad. However, if you have very sensitive ears and have become used to quieter cold starts, it might need getting used to, mentally.
Re: Catalyst Missing On Honda Accord 07 by AutoMoTech(m): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

This one na literature oh smiley On a more serious note, it isn't that bad. However, if you have very sensitive ears and have become used to quieter cold starts, it might need getting used to, mentally.

Na true sha

(1) (Reply)

Honda Halla Or Honde Bullet : Urgent / Choice Of A Comprehensive Auto Diagnostic Tool! / Abuja Auto Electrician Call 08033601058

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.