Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,471 members, 7,846,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

"Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin (714 Views)

NATO To Deploy Permanent Military Force On Its Border With Russia / UK, US And Australia Launch Pact To Counter China / Iraqi Protesters Bring Out Lions To Counter Police Dogs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 11:28am On Apr 10, 2022
The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) has announced that it will begin engaging in the Asia-Pacific region both practically and politically in light of Beijing’s growing influence and coercion and its unwillingness to condemn Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Speaking following the meetings of NATO Ministers of Foreign Affairs on April 7, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said the global implications of the Ukrainian conflict had propelled the organisation to step up its engagement with Asia-Pacific partners for the first time.

“We have seen that China is unwilling to condemn Russia’s aggression. And Beijing has joined Moscow in questioning the right of nations to choose their own path,” Stoltenberg said. “This is a serious challenge to us all. And it makes it even more important that we stand together to protect our values.”

https://www.ntd.com/nato-to-engage-in-asia-pacific-to-counter-china_763380.html

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by leofab(f): 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Overdue
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by Drenimarcus(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2022
NATO will find what they are looking for. That world war they want, they will get it.

2 Likes

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
They may push for war to bring China and Russia to heel, or else some countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE may feel emboldened to challenge the West's hegemony.

Drenimarcus:
NATO will find what they are looking for. That world war they want, they will get it.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by Drenimarcus(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2022
bn365:
They may push for war to bring China and Russia to heel, or else some countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE may feel emboldened to challenge the West's hegemony.

Well nobody is going to win. It will quickly escalate into a nuclear war.

2 Likes

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by seunny4lif(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
bn365:

We are in multipolar world
Why do you think China and India are supporting Russia?
Even Turkish state news said Syria and Turks officials met to put differences apart and talk about Turkey and Syria security after Middle leaders met with Syria president for first time in 10 years.

If Russia Ruble-Petrol becomes successful then why are in a full new world order.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by VictorUSA(m): 3:44am On Apr 11, 2022
This is the greatest challenge America ever had in international politics.If America successfully take China and Russia to their knees and still gets out as world power, then it'll take another 2000 years to drop America.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 3:52am On Apr 11, 2022
I remember weeks ago, Joe Biden announced "A new world order" and declared that US will lead it

seunny4lif:

Even Turkish state news said Syria and Turks officials met to put differences apart and talk about Turkey and Syria security after Middle leaders met with Syria president for first time in 10 years.

If Russia Ruble-Petrol becomes successful then why are in a full new world order.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 3:56am On Apr 11, 2022
It's really going to be a great challenge to walk everything thing back now.
These people don't seem to have reverse gears.
It's a run-away train now.
Rather than peaceful talks, they escalate the rhetorics instead with threats of armageddon
Their world dominance has been challenged

VictorUSA:
This is the greatest challenge America ever had in international politics.If America successfully take China and Russia to their knees and still gets out as world power, then it'll take another 2000 years to drop America.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by VictorUSA(m): 4:04am On Apr 11, 2022
bn365:

It's really going to be a great challenge to walk everything thing back now.
These people don't seem to have reverse gears.
It's a run-away train now.
Rather than peaceful talks, they escalate the rhetorics instead with threats of armageddon
Their world dominance has been challenged

America's world dominance has been challenged.And this is the greatest threat to its dominance.I think economy will play the key role in the present race to the New World Order.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 6:56am On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:

You are right.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 7:02am On Apr 11, 2022
seunny4lif:

Unipolar,bipolar or multipolar world orders. There are merits and demerits of each type of world order.
For 6000 years of written history, world order has been mostly unipolar except during cold war of 1950 till 1990 when world was polarized into eastern and western block.
I think military might will play less role in redefinition of world order. Financial strength will determine direction of new world order.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 7:24am On Apr 11, 2022
That can be a way of looking at it, as in financial power.
I was also looking at the fact that with China's 1.4b population, India's 1.3b, and the alliance of Russia, that 3 countries are almost half
the population of the whole world. That's a buying power as in consumption/demand taken away from Dollar/Euros
This will not be allowed to stand, in my guestimation

joyandfaith:

Unipolar,bipolar or multipolar world orders. There are merits and demerits of each type of world order.
For 6000 years of written history, world order has been mostly unipolar except during cold war of 1950 till 1990 when world was polarized into eastern and western block.
I think military might will play less role in redefinition of world order. Financial strength will determine direction of new world order.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2022
bn365:

That can be a way of looking at it, as in financial power.
I was also looking at the fact that with China's 1.4b population, India's 1.3b, and the alliance of Russia, that 3 countries are almost half
the population of the whole world. That's a buying power as in consumption/demand taken away from Dollar/Euros
This will not be allowed to stand, in my guestimation

I understand power of population economy. Most of big factories operating in india and china are owned by EU and America companies.
It is not a straightforward thing. Many Indians, Russians and Chinese are becoming citizens of USA and EU nations. How many Americans and Europeans are becoming citizens of India, Russia and China? Very rare. There are Indian, Chinese and Russian -American in USA army. There are Chinese, Russian and Indian people in UK army.

If Russia and China want to rule the world, they must liberate their economy from grip of states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 8:09am On Apr 11, 2022
Here's where you and I might disagree.
What does the fact that many people from the Middle East, such as Iraqis and Afghans, would rather seek refuge in the West than among themselves ie Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia mean? It may say one thing, but it may not mean what we think it means.

When you're in the West, you'll notice it's a mirage. The West requires labor. That is an advantage for countries with a large population.

In the EU, particularly in Italy, there are more elderly people than young people.

The United States wants brown people to work on farms.

Most people who want to live in the West own land in their home countries. In the West, you're a second-class citizen. Your rights are limited.

The West fights against self-sufficiency. They will disrupt and destroy any country that is self-sufficient.

Russia and China do not seek to rule the world; rather, they seek polarity in global politics and economics.

Polarity means big fishes in small ponds. Respect my territory type of situation

joyandfaith:

I understand power of population economy. Most of big factories operating in india and china are owned by EU and America companies.
It is not a straightforward thing. Many Indians, Russians and Chinese are becoming citizens of USA and EU nations. How many Americans and Europeans are becoming citizens of India, Russia and China? Very rare. There are Indian, Chinese and Russian -American in USA and UK armies.

If Russia and China want to rule the world, they must liberate their economy from grip of state.

1 Like

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 8:27am On Apr 11, 2022
bn365:
Here's where you and I might disagree.
What does the fact that many people from the Middle East, such as Iraqis and Afghans, would rather seek refuge in the West than among themselves say ie Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia? It may say one thing, but it may not mean what we think it means.

When you're in the West, you'll notice it's a mirage. The West requires labor. That is a fact in countries with a large population.

In the EU, particularly in Italy, there are more elderly people than young people.

The United States wants brown people to work on farms.

Most people who want to live in the West own land in their home countries.

The West fights against self-sufficiency. They will disrupt and destroy any country that is self-sufficient.

Russia and China do not seek to rule the world; rather, they seek polarity in global politics and economics.

Your reply doesn't relate with my post. Russia and China seek to rule the world. It is desire of any world power. It is called world political hegemony. Eqypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greek and Rome used to be world political hegemonies. Now, this is era of anglo- America world politically hegemony.

Even at national and sub-national levels, there are political hegemonies. In Nigeria, there are fulani/ kanuri political hegemonies. In my state, there is ibadan hegemony.

Even in multipolar world order, there would be a world political hegemony.
Anglo-American entity has an advantage of using liberalism to attract people from all nations. These prople are even serving in Armies. If USA declares war on China, i can bet it, Chinese Americans would be among us troops deployed.

Liberalism is dream of every man. The west are offering it to people living under state dictatorship across the world. They are trooping to west in large numbers. There are sizeable numbers of Russian and Indian Americans as well.

China and Russia have potentials but they need to liberate their political economy.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2022
You've just proved my point.
You are biased toward the West.
You're repeating what you've heard about the West. Again, neither China nor Russia seek global hegemony.
National dictatorship is ideal for them.
The West wishes to establish a global dictatorship.
That is exactly what you are witnessing.
"You'll either be with us or we'll come after you or isolate you from the global community if we can't"
Pakistan's Prime Minister has been removed.
Victor Orban survived and won his re-election.

India/China are under pressure for not supporting the West's sanctions on Russia.
I tell people that the pandemic only gave them a glimpse of what the West is truly like, but they are still sleeping.
You were deprived of all of your rights. Every fundamental human right was violated, including bodily autonomy.

Replace 'Russia" for 'Unvaccinated'...same treatment.
Any associations with you may be prosecuted if the state declares you persona non grata.

The West is devoid of liberalism.
Hate speech laws are enforced in the EU, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
The Democratic Party in the United States is attempting to pass it.
You could face criminal charges as a result of your Facebook post.
Many things were labeled as 'hate' ...
A transgender woman cannot be called a man. You can't preach against homosexuality.
"A man can menstruate and get pregnant"...if you disagree, they come after you, your job or in some cases, those related to you.
You can't take sides with Russia.
As a Russian, you cannot own property in Europe. You cannot participate in society ie sports etc
You cannot demonstrate against the state. It is now linked to terrorism legislation.
This is the impending tyranny.
The West is transforming into the East.

joyandfaith:

Your reply doesn't relate with my post. Russia and China seek to rule the world. It is desire of any world power. It is called world political hegemony. Eqypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greek and Rome used to be world political hegemonies. Now, this is era of anglo- America world politically hegemony.

Even at national and sub-national levels, there are political hegemonies. In Nigeria, there are fulani/ kanuri political hegemonies. In my state, there is ibadan hegemony.

Even in multipolar world order, there would be a world political hegemony.
Anglo-American entity has an advantage of using liberalism to attract people from all nations. These prople are even serving in Armies. If USA declares war on China, i can bet it, Chinese Americans would be among us troops deployed.

Liberalism is dream of every man. The west are offering it to people living under state dictatorship across the world. They are trooping to west in large numbers. There are sizeable numbers of Russian and Indian Americans as well.

China and Russia have potentials but they need to liberate their political economy.

1 Like

Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2022
bn365:
[s]You've just proved my point.
You have a biased toward the West.
You're repeating what you've heard about the West. Again, neither China nor Russia seek global hegemony.
National dictatorship is ideal for them.
The West wishes to establish a global dictatorship.
That is exactly what you are witnessing. You'll either be with us or we'll come after you. Pakistan's Prime Minister has been removed.
Victor Orban survived and won his re-election. India is under attack.
I tell people that the pandemic only gave them a glimpse of what the West is truly like, but they are still sleeping.
You were deprived of all of your rights. Every fundamental human right was violated, including bodily autonomy.

Replace 'Russia" for 'Unvaccinated'...same treatment.
Any associations with you may be prosecuted if the state declares you persona non grata.

The West is devoid of liberalism.
Hate speech laws are enforced in the EU, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
The Democratic Party in the United States is attempting to pass it.
You could face criminal charges as a result of your Facebook post.
Many things were labeled as 'hate' ...
A transgender woman cannot be called a man. It is not possible to preach against homosexuality.
You can't take sides with Russia.
As a Russian, you cannot own property in Europe. You cannot participate in society ie sports etc
You cannot demonstrate against the state. It is now linked to terrorism legislation.
This is the impending tyranny.
The West is transforming into the East.

[/s]

I don't argue with a conspiracy theorist.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by bn365: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2022
Halfwits and dimwits throw that word around hoping to tar and feather those whose views they disagree it.

joyandfaith:

I don't argue with a conspiracy theorist.
Re: "Peaceful" NATO To Engage In Asia-pacific To Counter China's alliance with Putin by joyandfaith: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2022
bn365:
Halfwits and dimwits throw that word around hoping to tar and feather those whose views they disagree it.

facts still don’t slow down conspiracy theories.
John Green

(1) (Reply)

UK Waives Sanctions On Russian Bank / UK Court Sentences Nigerian Man To 12-month Community Service For Stalking.... / North Korea Sends Missile Soaring Over Japan In Escalation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.