Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,064 members, 7,835,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine (2347 Views)

Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? / Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. / Is C300 2008 Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Timopea: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
My friend wants to sell for me for 1.6m and the engine is not good. Car is very clean, should I buy it and fix the engine ? I'm currently using a 2004 corolla

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Princelumide: 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't buy because the vehicle is clean... The engine is around 500k upward...
Although it all depends on your choice...
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Timopea: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
Princelumide:
Don't buy because the vehicle is clean... The engine is around 500k upward...
Although it all depends on your choice...
Thanks
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by brightest5050: 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
Don't buy. What is a "clean car" with faulty mechanical parts. You would most likely spend more than it would cost you to purchase a Nigeria used or Toks as you would most likely repair more than the engine. Is the benz 4matic?

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Manuella4ace: 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
Timopea:
My friend wants to sell for me for 1.6m and the engine is not good. Car is very clean, should I buy it and fix the engine ? I'm currently using a 2004 corolla

If your sure its just an engine issue, negotiate with him well, Nigerian used of that car is above 2.5m

I prefer buying a car with a clean body no rust with bad engine, than buy a car with a good engine and body dented plus rust.

You can always negotiate because of the bad engine, when you purchase you swap engine. Also try a d make a concrete enquiry how much the engine clean toks would cost.

1.2m - 1.4m should be your negotiating power.

6 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Timopea: 10:00pm On Apr 10, 2022
No it's just c300 and the guy has reduced price to 1m
brightest5050:
Don't buy. What is a "clean car" with faulty mechanical parts. You would most likely spend more than it would cost you to purchase a Nigeria used or Toks as you would most likely repair more than the engine. Is the benz 4matic?
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Timopea: 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Engine is around 600k and d guy said he has changed engine but they sold bad engine for him
Manuella4ace:

If your sure its just an engine issue, negotiate with him well, Nigerian used of that car is above 2.5m

I prefer buying a car with a clean body no rust with bad engine, than buy a car with a good engine and body dented plus rust.

You can always negotiate because of the bad engine, when you purchase you swap engine. Also try a d make a concrete enquiry how much the engine clean toks would cost.

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:19am On Apr 11, 2022
Call Gazzuzz though I personally think this venture is stressful.
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 11, 2022
Timopea:

My opinion is to let this vehicle pass!

The C300 is a naturally problematic vehicle...this one already has problems.

There is no guarantee that you'll get a good replacement engine and there is also no guarantee that it is only the engine that is faulty, given this vehicle's tendency to fail and disappoint.

Keep to your Corolla for now and if you must buy and use a Mercedes, opt for a relatively more reliable one that is preferably foreign used, after running the VIN, inspecting it thoroughly and importantly, seeing that it is reasonably miled.

Do not willingly inherit another person's troubles.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by fineboynl(m): 7:16am On Apr 11, 2022
What is with the engine? It doesn't make at all? Smoking? Knocking sounds, no power or what? He might be using a quack. How can he buy new engine and still doesn't work?
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by homeboy205: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2022
I hear the M274 is a factory defect in all C300, E300 GLC300

Better run. The piston always fail.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cb7repUIdjs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by AutoMoTech(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2022
homeboy205:
I hear the M274 is a factory defect in all C300, E300 GLC300

Better run. The piston always fail.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cb7repUIdjs/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

the 2009 C300 does not use m274 but M272.

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by AutoMoTech(m): 8:54am On Apr 11, 2022
Timopea:
No it's just c300 and the guy has reduced price to 1m
if truly the interior is clean, at 1million, Engine about 650k, workmanship maybe 50 to 100k. its not a bad deal. but its difficult to know the true state of other systems in the car until the engine works.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by baconline(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2022
It's a very good deal!!! Buy it, if u don't want I buy it off u
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Lexusgs430: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2022
Timopea:

Offer ₦750K........

6 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2022
Timopea:

Let me inspect this vehicle for free for you.

After that you can decide if you want to buy it or not.

Anywhere in Nigeria , this offer expires 12midight today.

12 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Lifetime offer....... cheesy

Some people had to pay, to have an inspection ...... cool

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Karzzonly: 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Could this be project car loading?

GAZZUZZ:

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2022
fineboynl:
What is with the engine? It doesn't make at all? Smoking? Knocking sounds, no power or what? He might be using a quack. How can he buy new engine and still doesn't work?
engines aren't sold brand new in Nigeria, you never can tell how the previous owner abused it too. Reason I recommended Gazzuzz is because he has a reputation here to maintain apart from his expertise due to years of experience

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44pm On Apr 11, 2022
Karzzonly:
Could this be project car loading?

Who can know....

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Timopea: 8:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
God bless you bros
ThrottleHolic:

There is no guarantee that you'll get a good replacement engine and there is also no guarantee that it is only the engine that is faulty, given this vehicle's tendency to fail and disappoint.

Keep to your Corolla for now and if you must buy and use a Mercedes, opt for a relatively more reliable one that is preferably foreign used, after running the VIN, inspecting it thoroughly and importantly, seeing that it is reasonably miled.

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

Honestly, this is pretty bad advice. It's all a numbers game, there can be plenty of value in a deal like this.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by eherbal(m): 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Honestly, this is pretty bad advice. It's all a numbers game, there can be plenty of value in a deal like this.
only the wise knows.
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by youngemperor(m): 3:09am On Apr 12, 2022
This car is problematic. my friend has one, on one afternoon the car's dashboard refused to come on and it was EIS failure ( electronic ignition). And it will cost more than 200k. Gear lever not shifting smoothly, the car's part is fucking expensive. And it's his first car. I was seriously considering getting the c300. But being my first car,I have decided to go for 2012 Camry.
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

[s]Honestly, this is pretty bad advice. It's all a numbers game, there can be plenty of value in a deal like this[/s].

No, it isn't.

Jumping into a burning house with the intention of warming yourself will only lead one way.

And, we all know where.
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2022
youngemperor:
This car is problematic. my friend has one, on one afternoon the car's dashboard refused to come on and it was EIS failure ( electronic ignition). And it will cost more than 200k. Gear lever not shifting smoothly, the car's part is fucking expensive. And it's his first car. I was seriously considering getting the c300. But being my first car,I have decided to go for 2012 Camry.

You decided wisely.

Of all the Mercedeses, that one is one of the most problematic.

Even seasoned Mercedes users who are honest will tell you this.

It isn't a vehicle for a newbie or worse, one who has no experience of the challenges of Germany grin
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

No, it isn't.

Jumping into a burning house with the intention of warming yourself will only lead one way.

And, we all know where.

No, we don't know where. If the C300 was a bad car, there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of them on Nigerian roads.

And yes, I drive a car based on the W204 chassis, so I think I know what I'm saying here.

For someone who claims to be "The Most Authoritative Auto Advice Website For Nigerian Drivers", you sound like you don't even know what you're saying.

Sit this one out, lad.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Mikesol: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2022
Manuella4ace:

Agreed
He should go with a mechanic
But he should start from 1M ... knew someone who bought tha car 2.8M

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by buygala(m): 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

You decided wisely.

Of all the Mercedeses, that one is one of the most problematic.

Even seasoned Mercedes users who are honest will tell you this.

It isn't a vehicle for a newbie or worse, one who has no experience of the challenges of Germany grin

The way some of you spew so much ignorance with so much confidence is actually amazing smiley

People like u should be used as social study specimen of the know-nothings who feel they know it all

If I ask you why a vehicle you say is so unreliable is used as taxis in many cities across the world, you go begin gallivant grin

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

No, we don't know where. If the C300 was a bad car, there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of them on Nigerian roads.

And yes, I drive a car based on the W204 chassis, so I think I know what I'm saying here.

For someone who claims to be "The Most Authoritative Auto Advice Website For Nigerian Drivers", you sound like you don't even know what you're saying.

Sit this one out, lad.

You win. I don't bother with folks who still think Mercedes still makes good vehicles as in the days of yore.

That was the giveaway. Enjoy your 'Benz or nothing illusion'.

And, I'm no lad. There's a huge chance that my mother's last child is well older than you.

Show some respect!
Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2022
buygala:

The way some of you spew so much ignorance with so much confidence is actually amazing smiley

People like u should be used as social study specimen of the know-nothings who feel they know it all

If I ask you why a vehicle you say is so unreliable is used as taxis in many cities across the world, you go begin gallivant grin

Now, this is getting interestingsmiley

Nigerians who know nothing about a thing are the first to call another ignorant. It is a typical Nigerian trait, learned over time.

Accordingly thus, your not so subtle jabs no shock me.

Now, let me school you:

1. Mercedes gives Taxi drivers incredibly good deals, provided the vehicles they buy from them are used exclusively for the taxi business, for at least a year. It is a PR strategy and folks like you buy in. This is why the E Klasse is offered on various trims there exclusively to fit the taxi reality.

This has nothing to do with reliability. Nothing!

2. Many Germans, taxi drivers inclusive are now looking to the Asians or the Koreans. Explain why and abeg, no gallivant grin

3. That C300 that is so 'reliable' in your books was recalled for self igniting, even when parked. Many examples here abound of folks who bought it, drove it, parked and only came out to meet flames and ashes. Lagos, Enugu, Benin, Abuja...the story was and still is the same. Is that what you DARE call reliable?

4. Finally, lets see both JD Power ratings and Consumer Report for where your 'reliable' Benz is placed, year after year for the past decade.

Will you be shocked if I told you that an ordinary KIA is more reliable than your Benz?

To shock you further, do you know that all these ratings agree that Mercedes is well below industry average in terms of reliabilty?

Abeg, Baba, next time no talk wetin you no sabi anything about!

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine by buygala(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

Now, this is getting interestingsmiley

Nigerians who know nothing about a thing are the first to call another ignorant. It is a typical Nigerian trait, learned over time.

Accordingly thus, your not so subtle jabs no shock me.

Now, let me school you:

1. Mercedes gives Taxi drivers incredibly good deals, provided the vehicles they buy from them are used exclusively for the taxi business, for at least a year. It is a PR strategy and folks like you buy in. This is why the E Klasse is offered on various trims there exclusively to fit the taxi reality.

This has nothing to do with reliability. Nothing!

2. Many Germans, taxi drivers inclusive are now looking to the Asians or the Koreans. Explain why and abeg, no gallivant grin

3. That C300 that is so 'reliable' in your books was recalled for self igniting, even when parked. Many examples here abound of folks who bought it, drove it, parked and only came out to meet flames and ashes. Lagos, Enugu, Benin, Abuja...the story was and still is the same. Is that what you DARE call reliable?

4. Finally, lets see both JD Power ratings and Consumer Report for where your 'reliable' Benz is placed, year after year for the past decade.

Will you be shocked if I told you that an ordinary KIA is more reliable than your Benz?

To shock you further, do you know that all these ratings agree that Mercedes is well below industry average in terms of reliabilty?

Abeg, Baba, next time no talk wetin you no sabi anything about!

For your point 1: I will assume the Taxi companies or Daimler itself gave you the information you put up there... Kindly provide source of this privileged info so we all can learn from your wisdom smiley

Let us even assume that you are right that Mercedes gives Taxi companies good deals.. . Please which car company will reject huge immediate turnovers and won't give serious discounts if a taxi company is buying hundreds of vehicles from it?.. . Even Elizade who is just a Toyota distributor in Nigeria gives hefty discounts and incentives to transporters or other persons who buy above a certain number of Hiace buses.. Does that now make Toyota a shittty vehicle manufacturer?. .. I know as a fact that sometime in the 2000s when Cross Country transport company here in Nigeria imported the Volkswagen Tranporter buses for transport use in their hundreds, Volkswagen gave them many free units of those vehicles and even opened a service centre in Oregun, Lagos for those vehicles.. . Cross Country used those vehicles for long distance journeys for years, made their profits, and even ordered newer models of that volks transporter buses which still made a huge profit.. .at some point, thy company had nothing less than 700 of those buses on the road going everywhere in Nigeria.. Are we now to say that since Volkswagen gave them such discounts and incentives by gifting them units of the buses and even opening a service center for them, the buses are not reliable even though they worked out so impressively?. .. Cross Country transport is still in existence... Feel free to go inquire of the legend of those Volkswagen Transporters... In any case according to you, once a vehicle manufacturer gives incentives for bulk purchase of its vehicles, then they are not reliable smiley... Heck, even a fairly used car dealer here will give a discount and some other incentives if you buy as few as 5 cars from him... Does that now mean he sold you lemons?

On your position that Mercedes mandates the taxi companies to use the vehicles as taxis at least for a year.. Again kindly provide us with the source of that information... Assuming it was even true, do you even comprehend the stress a vehicle goes through when used as a taxi?... The countless long journeys, the endless stop and go in city traffic and the fact that it is in use almost permanently.. Mercedes Taxis have been known to be imported into ths country with as much as 300k miles on its odometer, yet in pristine condition and go on to serve their tokunbo owners for years... Besides I have seen 2010 or even lower year Mercedes cars being used as taxis in many places...Shey you come mean say 1 year never do for a 2010 Car doing taxi in 2020 or 2021?... The fact that a car can go as little as a full year battling the climate, traffic, and endless long fares and still be in a condition to be exported for use in other countries is enough testament of its reliability...

Or maybe as u later alleged that the vehicles catch fire upandan, do you think the taxi companies will risk humongous lawsuits and government sanctions by putting on the road taxis that will roast its passengers to death or leave them stranded on a highway in the middle of Nowhere?. .. What I am saying in summary is that the fact that the regulatory agencies of 1st World countries approve Mercedes cars for use as taxis is to a large extent an endorsement of its reliability and road worthiness

For your point 2...provide the source of your information that Germans are going Korean or whatever in their taxis... Maybe the German Transport minister told you so or the Koreans came to your village to inform you?. .. Bros, I owe you no duty to address stuff you appear to have pulled out of your anus smiley

On your 3rd point, Car models, not only Mercedes, have been known to have need for recall.. Besides I don't even understand how you came by the conclusion that Mercedes vehicles that caught fire on our roads were all or even any of them due to factory defects and not local factors like local rewires, kazeem or even user error?. . Most of these vehicles are brought in as Fairly used and didn't catch fire with their foreign owners, only for it to burn when owned by Nigerians... I am not saying that Mercedes doesn't have any fire issues with its vehicles...but my point is as car technology developes, teething problems are bound to arise here and there.. For example, there were instances where the South African model of the 2010 toyota corolla caught fire on numerous occasions due to an ABS factory defect or something... I think that story even made front page on this forum a while ago.. Sir, does that now make that entire model of Corolla unreliable?...

On your 4th point on vehicle ratings, I don't even know what to tell you grin..Different organizations rate whatever they like and publish... I am shocked you singled out just two of thousands of rating reports on the Internet to come to this silly conclusion... I shall not bother to further indulge you in this your journey of imbecility on this point... The maker of vehicles used by dignitaries the world over, and is even the official vehicle of your country's president, whose vehicles have passed tests and use in various climates and terrains, isn't reliable because your selected genius reports say so grin... Pleas go tell Buhari to throw away his official Sonderklasse because your reports say it is likely to strand him in ISWAP territory grin

You also said Kia is more reliable than the Benz grin... Kindly show workings by comparing the reliability of a particular Kia model to its Mercedes counterpart.. .

I will say this... The fact that you can type in English language doesn't mean you have sense... Try to look for somewhere like your village meeting if you wanna be stupid... Try not to disgrace yourself on a public forum where you don't even know the intellectual capabilities of the people who will read your mad opinion and wonder how you escaped being an slowpoke

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nominations of Car Talk Section Poster Of The Year, 2012. / Is It Possible To Convert A Diesel Engine To A Petrol Engine / Peugeot 406 Prestige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.