Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. (1884 Views)

Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine / Help!! Honda Accord 2009 Inspection / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hello guys,

My accord started vibrating when on gear and vehicle is stopped (it started gradually not at once sha).

Although there’s no vibration when the car is in neutral.

I’ve changed the 5 engine seat at least once each, when you scan the check engine light it shows error P0420 (catalyst issues); so that cannot be the reason.

Can anyone recommend a solution as I’ve spent a lot trying to fix this vibration issue.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by homeboy205: 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
chiderajude:
Hello guys,

My accord started vibrating when on gear and vehicle is stopped (it started gradually not at once sha).

I’ve changed the 5 engine seat at least once each, when you scan the check engine light it shows error P0420 (catalyst issues); so that cannot be the reason.

Can anyone recommend a solution as I’ve spent a lot trying to fix this vibration issue.

Does it fire well?

Catalyst fit don block breathing of the car.

Have panel remove and see since you don change engine seat.

Or check exhaust rubber hanger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 9:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
homeboy205:

Does it fire well?

Catalyst fit don block breathing of the car.

Have panel remove and see since you don change engine seat.

Or check exhaust rubber hanger

It fires well, I really don’t think it has anything to do with the catalyst.
Also the exhaust rubber is still in place and looks pretty fine.

The vibration is only when the car is in drive, it doesn’t vibrate when in reverse.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
chiderajude:

It fires well, I really don’t think it has anything to do with the catalyst.
Also the exhaust rubber is still in place and looks pretty fine.

The vibration is only when the car is in drive, it doesn’t vibrate when in reverse.

Did you do any work before this issue started?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 3:47am On Nov 22, 2021
Dozieson:

Did you do any work before this issue started?

Nope, started gradually.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2021
chiderajude:

Nope, started gradually.

Have you scan the car for codes?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Dozieson:

Have you scan the car for codes?

Yeah, P0420 alone
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2021
chiderajude:

Yeah, P0420 alone

https://www.sundevilauto.com/reasons-your-car-is-vibrating-when-idle/

There some other reasons too:

1. Air filters
2. Vacuum leaks

Please read through the links.

But I suspect your engine seat more. You can ask someone to put the car through reverse,drive, neutral while you watch how the engine shakes
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by aAK1(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2021
chiderajude:
Hello guys,

the catalyst can cause it but the likely cause Would be wrong idle speed due to multiple reasons. First on the list ,a leaky vacuum hose.normally that car should drop rpm to about 500 when you bring the car to a full stop(legs on brakes) anything significantly higher will make the car vibrate.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by buygala(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
aAK1:
the catalyst can cause it but the likely cause Would be wrong idle speed due to multiple reasons. First on the list ,a leaky vacuum hose.normally that car should drop rpm to about 500 when you bring the car to a full stop(legs on brakes) anything significantly higher will make the car vibrate.

Bros calm down abeg grin ...no dey talk the tin wey pass your power

I own exact same car..and normal idle rpm should be between 650-750......the only time it does maybe 1200rpm and gradually lower is at cold start-up...

Anythin lower than 650-750rpm at normal idle will cause vibrations especially at that 500 you are taking about...in fact, I am very sure that at 500rpm, the car will vibrate fairly seriously..

And no...high idle rpm doesn't cause vibrations....the car will just become louder, hotter and guzzle more fuel ....the lower it gets below 650 at idle, the more the vibrations ...

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by aAK1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
buygala:

Bros calm down abeg grin ...no dey talk the tin wey pass your power

I own exact same car..and normal idle rpm should be between 650-750......the only time it does maybe 1200rpm and gradually lower is at cold start-up...

Anythin lower than 650-750rpm at normal idle will cause vibrations especially at that 500 you are taking about...in fact, I am very sure that at 500rpm, the car will vibrate fairly seriously..

And no...high idle rpm doesn't cause vibrations....the car will just become louder, hotter and guzzle more fuel ....the lower it gets below 650 at idle, the more the vibrations ...
what are you saying? I own the same car as well. The normal idle speed when in neutral is different from when the car is in gear and your leg is on the brakes . If your car is still hitting 650/700 when gear is engaged and your legs are on the breaks , it will vibrate. Let me share a little experience with you. I had to clean my throttle body some months back and because the ECU needed to relearn , my car was idling at 1,500 rpm. Apart from the car being unbearable to drive in place where I needed to drive slowly,it would vibrate at stops as long as the gear is engaged. You can’t be asking the car to go and stop at the same time and not expect vibration . Note that the op is likely not feeling any vibration when car is in idle or when car is in motion. It’s only when the car is not moving and gear is engaged
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by buygala(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
aAK1:
what are you saying? I own the same car as well. The normal idle speed when in neutral is different from when the car is in gear and your leg is on the brakes . If your car is still hitting 650/700 when gear is engaged and your legs are on the breaks , it will vibrate.

You win smiley

As e be say u no wan hear word
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
Dozieson:

https://www.sundevilauto.com/reasons-your-car-is-vibrating-when-idle/

There some other reasons too:

1. Air filters
2. Vacuum leaks

Please read through the links.

But I suspect your engine seat more. You can ask someone to put the car through reverse,drive, neutral while you watch how the engine shakes

I’ve checked this thoroughly, no vacuum leaks, air filter is optimal too.

If at all there was a compromise with the air/fuel mixture, it’ll likely throw one of the P030x codes when you scan the vehicle, then if there was a vacuum leak the rpm will likely go up and down on its own.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 8:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
aAK1:

Lol no the rpm doesn’t go as low as 500, it averages at 750. This has always been the normal level even when it didn’t have the vibration issues. Although some mornings it can get to 1200 but it drops in about 4-5 seconds.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
chiderajude:

I’ve checked this thoroughly, no vacuum leaks, air filter is optimal too.

If at all there was a compromise with the air/fuel mixture, it’ll likely throw one of the P030x codes when you scan the vehicle, then if there was a vacuum leak the rpm will likely go up and down on its own.

Then, the likely cause is engine mount. You need yo check all again and identity the bad one
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Uper and lower transmission mount is the culprit
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 10:14am On Nov 27, 2021
So they loosened all the mounts, and it was discovered that the rear mounts was looking lower than usual, we replaced it.

Now it’s only vibrating a little (very little tho, it’s not noticeable), but it’s still not enough for me. When I drive my Camry, I don’t even feel any vibration.

Or is it just that accords are not as smooth as Camrys?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2021
chiderajude:
So they loosened all the mounts, and it was discovered that the rear mounts was looking lower than usual, we replaced it.

Now it’s only vibrating a little (very little tho, it’s not noticeable), but it’s still not enough for me. When I drive my Camry, I don’t even feel any vibration.

Or is it just that accords are not as smooth as Camrys?

By the way, here’s a picture of the rear mount. Left is the bad mount whilst right is the tokunbo new mount.

Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2021
chiderajude:

By the way, here’s a picture of the rear mount. Left is the bad mount whilst right is the tokunbo new mount.

Have you solved the problem?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2021
Dozieson:

Have you solved the problem?

For me it’s not really solved, because it still has a little vibration. But the mechanic said it’s good. So I’ll just use it like that.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by Dozieson(m): 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
chiderajude:

For its it’s not really solved, because it still has a little vibration. But the mechanic said it’s good. So I’ll just use it like that.

Okay. What about the engine mount under the engine? And the mount holding the transmission under it?
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by chiderajude(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
Dozieson:

Okay. What about the engine mount under the engine? And the mount holding the transmission under it?

There’s just 4 mounts holding the engine (front, sides and back) and then 1 transmission mount under the gear.

They’ve all been checked and confirmed okay.
Re: Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems. by aAK1(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2022
chiderajude:
Hello guys,

if you haven’t sold this car, I think I just discovered the likely problem. As I experienced the same thing you described. That Honda Accord 2009 has a active front mount. The mount mount is controlled by a vacuum line. It can be only 2 things. A leak on the line, or a leak in the front mount it’s self. Unfortunately the Nigerian mechanic will tell you nothing is wrong with it because the mount itself isn’t broken

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An Uber Lagos Experience Almost From Hell / Please I Need Help With My 1997 Toyota Camry Making It Work Perfectly Again / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Oxygen Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.