Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education (32021 Views)

I Feel Depressed With A CGPA Of 4.2+ / I Wasted A Lot Of Time On The Internet - Lady Cries On Quora / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Ogbeni2000: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by FuckDModz: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2022
grin
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by habiloo: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Good for you
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Skillsnigeria: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Hmmm
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Banjoooo: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2022
Na wetin I dey tell them be this
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by airsaylongcome: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2022
Lazy. That's what you are OP
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by GloriousGbola: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2022
Too much dollars and no cents
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Kajaard: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology, a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management, gerentology, demography, financial risk management, oil and gas services, pmp and so on.

Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education, even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time, all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.

You are a very confused fellow. Having degrees and qualifications from different fields, no focus. I am an employer of labour and it's such CV's as yours I throw in the trash can.

Blame nobody but yourself. You lack focus. Rubbish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by treatise: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2022
ETHICALLYrlght:
Your academic history is quite muddled. It is an apt description of "Jack of All Trades and Master of None" and that appears to be your Achilles heel.

Sociology- Statistics- Demography- Financial Risk Management- Oil and Gas services etc are your academic certificates.

When I read your story I reasoned the compelling relationship between Sociology and Financial Risk management and I couldn't arrive at something substantial.

Your resume appears like that of a person who was told while choosing their career that their discipline does not matter if they have a certificate and sponsor.

The best practice is to hold unto one or two trades and make the best out of them, Good Luck.

That was "fortification" and readiness for any opportunities available. It's wasn't a bad approach.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Rehabopu: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2022
Same with me
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by PoliteActivist: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:
I'm in my early 30s, I've got a bsc in sociology, a master's degree in statistics and like a dozen other professional degrees in human resource management, gerentology, demography, financial risk management, oil and gas services, pmp and so on.

Infact I'm basically one of the most educated individuals I've met. The sad part is I've never made a cent off my educational qualifications.
Heck I work in a totally different industry and make a good living which I'm definitely not going to trade for social work or psychology, so this past few days I get myself thinking what a waste of Time and resources that was, I literarily spent millions on my education, even relocating abroad to study but it was all a goddamn waste of time, all I got is a useless paper I'm never going to use.

My advice to young ones out there is to set your goals right and stupid untraditional ideas is better than no ideas. You don't necessarily have to pursue a degree to be okay in life.

Plus you didn't even learn how to live without regret
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by SeriouslySense(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2022
Its also better to study what you are passionate about or what drives a person, or a degree that can make one independent or impactful in society, its all depends on your goal too.

I observed that your goal is to make money, so you were doing the wrong thing.

And it depends on what you want to use your education for, is your education just for your benefit, or is your aim to also benefit others.

Therefore from your perspective you wasted your time.

Also for a person who is inventive and sees utility in those fields they become useful traditionally, since he or she can reinvent, combine or mix several fields of study to bring forth something new or of value.

Its necessary that an individual knows the value of any field, he is engaged with or can be free to use its value even independently, so in the absence of a Job, he or she can be self creating or motivated, even a rallying point or a valuable assets to his or her self and community.

Therefore appraisal of educative courses, is about the connectedness and meaning of a course to that individual. Many a times, people copy what others do, or do what they are told, without real connectedness or traditional appreciative of a course.

shogsman:

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by toluscott2000(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2022
This have been going through my mind, ọmọ ko easy at all , when u those that didn't go to school making money , u go dey think as if God no dey
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by tydi(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2022
Surely you did bro .
The earlier you get a phone , a social media account and working tools the better for you.
For Naija education na scam unless you dey IM bang-wagon

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by N0rtanp: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2022
So true
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by redcliff: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

your problem was that your resume had no direction. If I saw your resume as a HR personnel, I will def fling it away without a second thought

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Prince500(m): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2022
So many unrelated courses dont give advantage. U had beta specialize

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by OlawaleBammie: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2022
grin grin grin u dey ment ooh
Vitamin17:
So u study all this things initially to use am make money grin. Oga no be so nah
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by emmyluizzz: 9:31am On Apr 14, 2022
apart from knowing how to read and write
and probably speak better Grammar

I REGRET GOING TO UNIVERSITY

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by absoluteSuccess: 9:31am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

It all adds up bro. You might not know. It's not all about the money it promises to give you but the experience and exposure to knowledge.

Try be appreciative, your knowledge never debar you from the success you deserve so it's all a plus, you can't beat the reach.

You yearn for knowledge and you earn it, likewise if you yearn to live by that knowledge you will have it. You have it where you want it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Tobies: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2022
You dont talk like someone who acquired those qualifications
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by ppogba: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2022
Feeling that you wasted your time on education shows that you were never educated in the first place.

6 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by TheWolfen(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
It's okay
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Investorozay: 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
seanwilliam:
Lol. See dem talking about passion as if over 90 % of Nigerian students are not in school just to get the certificate for the job wey go get dem the money .,

Na person wey hunger never knack Dey think of Passion

your better off learning a biz after sec school
Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

this is how I felt this morning. I will be 32 by June and I'm just about concluding my msc in economics before ASUU went on strike. I couldn't help it but feel down and depressed because all this years spent pursuing these degrees and nothing to show for it. I'm at a point where I'm considering abandoning all these and just look for other means to survive.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by Tonytonex(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
It's not wasted. Don't look at it from that angle. Like myself, I didn't go to school because of job. If a majority of the people in the north went to school, Nigeria won't be in this mess we are today.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like I Wasted My Time On Education by CryptoClub2018: 9:33am On Apr 14, 2022
shogsman:

Exactly the same thing that happened to me. What a waste of resources. Had a 2:1 at a prestigious university of Technology also had an mba from the best business school in Africa but it's all waste after spending millions of naira and waste of time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aregbesola Commissions The Kings University Ode-Omu / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% / Life In The University... The Few Unpopular Truths - Meme Collections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.