Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped (452 Views)

Toyosi Who Tweeted She's Being Kidnapped, Raped, Has Been Arrested By The Police / How CCTV Saved Man From Going To Jail After Lady Accused Him Of Rape. / Police Arrest Delta Pharmacist After Lady Was Stripped For Stealing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped by Tokotaya: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2022
Commotion as police storm Akoka address after lady tweeted she was being raped there

A young lady, identified as Toyosi, set the entire Akoka and Nigerian Twitter into commotion this morning when she tweeted that she had been kidnapped and was being raped at an address there.

Her tweet read: “I’m being kidnapped, guys. I’m being raped. Number 78 Obayan Street, Pako, Akoka. Lagos”

The tweet went viral fast. Some concerned people who saw her tweet went in search of the address to rescue her. One of them brought along an armed police contingent.

The team arrived there only to find that the lady was not there. But the police, still suspecting foul play, arrested every young man they sighted in the compound with a view to pinpointing whoever was holding the lady captive.

The lady apparently got wind of the chain of reactions that followed her tweet and quickly did a video to say that she was fine and people should stop bombarding the address. (See video below).

In the video, she said she was neither raped nor kidnapped. She also said she was not recording the video under duress and that she was at her own home.

The rescuers refused to leave immediately arguing that it was a typical script that a kidnapper would use, that is, forcing the captive to publicly recant what she tweeted under duress.

A Twitter user who was part of the rescuers later said it appeared the lady and the guy in question had a ”thing”.

She added that some residents of the area claim the lady in question was just chasing clout and that nothing like that happened

But the police insisted on getting to the root of the matter and had not left the men picked up at the time of filing this report.

To compound the woes of the residents of the street, anyone seen recording the scene was chased down by the police and their phones seized to review what they recorded. A lady complained that her phone was seized but was later released after one of the men arrested and handcuffed told them she did not record anything.

Watch the video the lady shared and tweets below…
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/04/14/commotion-as-police-storm-akoka-address-after-lady-tweeted-she-was-being-raped-there/

Re: Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped by Jajasabali(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
Women dun tire me
God abeg give me Rich man pikin to marry
So incase I dey vex i go remember him papa money calm down
Re: Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped by Kingpin1000: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Innocent young hardworking men,who may have not broken the law,will be thrown into cell for the first time in their life,just because a lady wanted to chase clout.
What would have happened if one of the young men resisted arrested and was shot by an overzealous policeman?
Women will always be women.
How many Men have been victims of this?
How many men have been accused falsely of rape only to spend years in jail.
When I say Nigerian girls are all pussy no brains.
She should be sued.

2 Likes

Re: Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped by DispatcherLagos: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
In a sane society, those arrested guys will be paid heavily as damages
Re: Commotion As Police Storm Akoka Address After Lady Tweeted She Was Being Raped by headbasher96(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
If that girl later get swollen eye make nobody vex o na she carry her hand go the find trouble

(1) (Reply)

17-year-old Boy Released From Prison 2 Days Ago, Steals Again And Arrested (vid / Fake Soldier Caught / Taraba Security: Residents Of Gassol Raise Alarm Over Regrouping Of Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.