Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,186 members, 7,860,260 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 AM

Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO (48452 Views)

Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Russia Cuts Electricity Supply To Finland Over It's Plans To Join NATO (Photos) / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Andersonken(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
Oya for peace to reign and for the world to be safer make Russia and it's Allies join NATO,,,, that way there might be no more rivalries.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by ken045501: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
You’ve said it all. Increase the volume abeg let block heads at the back hear
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by obedience4(m): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
HBB1:

Seems they did really.
My bad!

But you know largest doesnt mean much

One gunship will wreak more havoc than a thousand soldiers with AK 47s

True, they had numbers but they didn't modernize their armed forces, they had old planes, so the USA and it Allies quickly took over the Sikes and petty much destroy their air defences..
And also poor morale, cities just surrendered without even trying to fight
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by kingthreat(m): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Owen247:

na u start d insults na,all of una wey no fit argue witout insultin people.
by d way my family dey proud of me pass ur own family sha.

Now wen u said u watch usa invade iraq on tv na only usa servicemen u see 4 dat black n white tv abi. U no see nato and uk servicemen uniform too abi?

lass lass ur own family no go even dey proud abt u one bit, if dem sabi say u miss dat kain picture.

Gibberish. Is this how you would respond on air like a drug addicted monkey? Go and prove champion among your fellow losers. I am not your type.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Basher8583: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
insidelife22:
Russia might just get to a point where the world will have no other choice than to invade them.

Any reason why they haven't done so already?

What are they waiting for.

Guess what? They know something about Russia that you don't. So keep your infantile mouth quiet

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by alcuin(m): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
insidelife22:
Russia might just get to a point where the world will have no other choice than to invade them.

And who is the "world", please?
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by obedience4(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
ken6488:
how can you be this dumb

Russia was invaded by napoleon France emperor
Year’s before this Poland and the rest has tried taking Russia

Do you think history started in world war 2?

I suggest you go learn some history and stop disgracing your self

We are not talking about ancient history..
It wasn't Russia or the Soviet Union then
Instead the old Ottoman empire's..
We are discussing recent history you are bring old fact's.
What concerns the old Ottoman empire's and the Napoleon empire with recent day history.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Zane2point4(m): 5:32pm On Apr 14, 2022
pansophist:
If Sweden and Finland joins Nato, the security architecture of Northern Europe and by extension, the European continent will be gravely worsened. The relative peace these countries have enjoyed, especially Sweden with it's over two centuries neutrality that helped them evade Hitlers conquest in second wolrd war would be gone.

They will make themselves a target and an enemy of a country that they share land border with, and the first duck to be attacked if there is ever a conflict. With Nato, they will officially invite the US to manipulate their internal affairs, making them subservient to Washington and a member of the nato enemy bloc in Russia's eyes. Not a good idea.

Finland has a 1340km border with Russia, the longest of any eu member states, and it takes just two hours by train from Lahti, Finland to St Petersburg, Russia. For Sweden, the baltic island of Gotland is just so close to Russia that the idea of Nato stationing a carrier there is suicidal to Russia's security. The Nordix leaders should think this well.
Freedom of association?
Let dem decide we aint in slave era,this is 21st century’ no one was born for each other damn it!!!!!
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Henricarter(m): 5:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
African man
Ohislee:
If US truly wants world peace, they should start by disbanding all military alliances like NATO.

Military alliance are like cult groups. An attack on one is an attack all and this is a threat to non members of such alliance.

As an individual, I don't know how you will feel if your next door neighbour, joins a deadly cult group that are your one time enemy. This means, they can start having their meetings next door. The slightest misunderstanding with your neighbour, becomes a misunderstanding with the entire cult group. I believe this is what Russian is trying to avoid.

Aside this, cult groups give rise to other cult group. Most people join this groups for protection. This can also be said for military alliances. It would give rise to rival military alliance.

NATO is a cult. Russian is within their right to defend itself from cultist.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by obedience4(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
ken6488:
do you know the best anti missle system is s400

Do you know how USA bully countries to leave Russia weapons eg India currently

S400 that is not battle proven..
I will gladly go for the USA Israeli made David sling aka iron dome..
Or the patriot systems of the USA.. Even THAAD.
When you talk about defences companies
Company like LOCKHEED MARTIN which produces the f22 raptor the f35 jets .BOEING producers of the Apache attack helicopters, Northrop Grumman that prouduces the b 2 spirit bombers McDonnell Douglas which producers of the fighting falcon jets, the super hornet, A21 gunship's.
These are multinational defense companies..
You wanna compare with Russia, that still buy drones from China.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by powerblaze(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
Ohislee:
If US truly wants world peace, they should start by disbanding all military alliances like NATO.

Military alliance are like cult groups. An attack on one is an attack all and this is a threat to non members of such alliance.

As an individual, I don't know how you will feel if your next door neighbour, joins a deadly cult group that are your one time enemy. This means, they can start having their meetings next door. The slightest misunderstanding with your neighbour, becomes a misunderstanding with the entire cult group. I believe this is what Russian is trying to avoid.

Aside this, cult groups give rise to other cult group. Most people join this groups for protection. This can also be said for military alliances. It would give rise to rival military alliance.

Brilliant
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by toxtimmy: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
There is nothing wrong in working in a farm, ... but first wash those itchy hands of yours and get to do your calling in the farm work.

Sweetplum:
I ll gladly employ you this jobless youth in my farm. Anuofia danbanza damboroba!
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Owen247: 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
kingthreat:

Gibberish. Is this how you would respond on air like a drug addicted monkey? Go and prove champion among your fellow losers. I am not your type.
lol monkey dey take drugs 4 ur side,hmmm wondas shall neva end.

now u have disgraced urself, u wanted legit point i gave u one.but guess what?u now want to tell us that monkeys take drugs in ur area.damn pretty insane.
i dn see u oap abi.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by BRAINCRASH(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
If you are always harrasing and threatening your neighbouts and the join a cult notorious for protecting their members would you say your neighbours did wrong?..

Ohislee:

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by roGF22(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sweetplum:
Putin do your worst

grin was expecting RUssia to say they'll invade both Finland and Sweden again,..the one they started, they've not been able to finish...

Deploying nukes to the Baltic's changes nothing,..nobody dey fear nuke again
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Eneye4me: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
USA invaded Iraq during the time of Saddam, when Iraq was the 4th largest army in world, his army,airforce ,was conquered in 4days
No threat of nuke against Iraq then
The Almighty Russia they threaten countries that don't even rank 25th in the world with Nukes grin grin
At this point The west would make sure Russia is behind the world 30years
How many of you have ever held a made in Russia product.
Russia is has been leaving in the soviet era glory
Honestly without nukes
Those Yankees and their marines can take over Moscow in a week
Shut up, USA and NATO fought Iraq, and Russia is fighting Ukraine and NATO with sanction at same time. If Iraq received the same help it will be difficult to defeat Iraq. Pls, study history before U say rubbish
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Awoleesu(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
HenryWilliams:

That s what y'all said about Ukraine.. see what's left of them?
Stop hyping all these countries to face Russia.. the end will be the same..
Yeah, I get you. But I guess Russia (and her stooges like you) is the aggressor here. Her arrogance is the "hyping" here!
Even Ukraine gave her a surprise fight back... And Ukraine is not even in the league of Sweden and Finland fa!

If you know Sweden, you'll understand my point sha... But since you don't get it, pls forget it!

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
toxtimmy:
There is nothing wrong in working in a farm, ... but first wash those itchy hands of yours and get to do your calling in the farm work.

You are suffering from melancholy and general disability of the mind.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Mrtaye: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

Every time America invades other smaller nations, what do you think is the underlying reason for that? Is it not because those nations don’t have nukes? If Putin has to use threats of his nukes as leverage to stop NATO expansion on his borders then so be it. The whole purpose of nuclear weapons is to serve as a deterrence. We all know America and NATO would have invaded russia by now were it not for their nukes. And Russia has never threatened any smaller nation that didn’t first threaten them with attempts to join NATO. They have never invaded any smaller nation for purely financial reasons like the US and NATO.
Assumptions are not what we are talking about please be realistic
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Eneye4me: 6:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
insidelife22:
Let Us invade USA first.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Autopoly: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
HigherEd:

The only thing Russia has is nukes. Without nukes, the European union is more than enough to finish the Russian military.

E sha get something
You dy pray say make Russian no get nukes?
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by ericmani: 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
USA invaded Iraq during the time of Saddam, when Iraq was the 4th largest army in world, his army,airforce ,was conquered in 4days
The Almighty Russia they threaten countries that don't even rank 25th in the world with Nukes grin grin
Honestly without nukes

USA, Britain and their Allies please
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by toxtimmy: 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
where is north korea, iran, cuba today? they are still standing and mind you these countries combined is not even up to russia technologically, militarily, natural resource etc... think about it for a second russia was first to send a man to space... ask yourself how many countries have been able to send their citizen to space alone without external help?...please respect your elders okay.

and focus on your country and ask yourself why since the country nigeria existed why have we not been able to make all the parts of a bicycle here in nigeria?... i am not talking about keke, i am talking about bicycle.

if russia treat ukraine like iraq, this war would have been over.

this is us secretary of state saying half a million Iraqi children that were killed or dead because of usa invation and shit is worth it because the lives of these iraqi children don't worth it --->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8

by the way boko karam is accepting applications, you should go join.

richeeyo:
Honestly without nukes

2 Likes

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Gbajure(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
Honestly without nukes

I won't have responded to ur post save for the number of Likes. Iraq 4th largest army?

No Russia made product in your hand? Any US made in ur hand?

Without nukes Russia will be taken in a week? So bashfully ignorant the youths of today. Which war has US fought and won? Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan? Read about Soviet decimation of German and allies best armies in WW2
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Mrtaye: 6:40pm On Apr 14, 2022
pansophist:

I agree with you. Finland and Sweden have the right to join any military alliances it deem fit, but we have to be realistic here. I don't think Russia has any beef against military alliances, afterall regardless of Nato, the EU has the responsibility to protect other eu member states. It's enshrined in the TFEU (treaty of function of the European union).

Russia's beef is with the USA. It was the influence of the US that made Nato, a supposedly defensive alliance to attack countries that didn't attacked it such as Serbia, Libya and Syria. It was also the US, using nato as a pretext of provoke Russia in this war. Nato is simply an arm for US hegemony. Its as simple as that. Let's not also forget how the US played a role to destabilise the soviet Union, and Russia remembers this clearly.

It is also the US that has military bases spread all around the world, encircling China through Korea and Japan, and now Russia through Nato and the EU. Prevention is better than cure. You don't let Nato camp in your backyard, especially when the so called defense alliance has been offensive to others that never dreamed of attacking in.

Is it the Russia that rule of law doesn't prevail, that kills and jails dissenting citizens in this 21st century that you are speaking for? Even Russia is at war with itself and if you doubt me let Putin allow freedom of speech and expression make I just check something.. Russia is a rogue nation and as such shouldn't be taken serious thanks to the police of the world USA that brought sanity to the world
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by toxtimmy: 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
you no want to go work for farm but you want to chop eba when another farmer work hard to produce for free?...typical mumu, want eveything for free

Sweetplum:
You are suffering from melancholy and general disability of the mind.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by toxtimmy: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
Russia so many times asked US / NATO for them to join but dem no gree... now you know why?

Andersonken:
Oya for peace to reign and for the world to be safer make Russia and it's Allies join NATO,,,, that way there might be no more rivalries.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by nijanigga: 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2022
Owen247:

ahh,my gee. No be me and u being dey d same concentration camp for libya,i sabi wen dem torture u to stupor,sotey ur brain knock.
me no fit 4 u na,na u dey cell dey cry up n down every nite naa.

i get una tym small today sha.
I don leave naija for you long time ,see the kind money I dey spend .see their serial number you fit verify them

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by juman(m): 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
Because europe has no independent thinking from american opinion, at this point its imperative for sweden and finland to join nato.

World politics is handled badly, we cant ruled it that what happening in ukraine cannot happen in sweden and finland.

Nato here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by theTranslator: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
dru23:

A week is too long.. More like in 3days .. The Russian army would have given up within the first 24hrs of war..

It is nukes that is saving Russian .. Without those nukes , Russian army is as good as the Nigerian Army
I wonder why you guys like decieving yourselves.
Do you know that more than 50% of sophisticated weaponry all over the world where made by Russia?
That Russian terrain is one of the hardest to invade? That they less population than the US and have almost equal firepower? Let NATO invade Russia and let's see. Nukes aside. If you are talking nukes you should talk about north Korea

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by nnamdi640: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
JosephXavier:
Europe is gradually turning into middle East all because of US trying to arm European countries against Russia and under the disguise of NATO

Russia are seriously fighting back but those countries don't know that they are being sacrificed as pawn

Their citizens are the ones being murdered and their territory being destroyed

They should continue
Muslim spotted. Is it USA that is attacking and killing Ukrainians or are they the one threatening other countries. Whether you like it or not USA will continue killing terrorists. God bless USA, may God give them power to kill more terrorists. See the way terrorists are killing innocent people in Nigeria and you see no reason to condemn and speak out, just because you practice thesame religion with them. The day USA will remember Boko Haram and bandits then you will start saying negative things about them. How I wish USA can set up a base in Nigeria then you will see that terrorism will become a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
toxtimmy:
you no want to go work for farm but you want to chop eba when another farmer work hard to produce for free?...typical mumu, want eveything for free

I ll make you run mad. Just watch as you go jam expressroad

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nechama Rivlin Is Dead! Israel’s First Lady Dies / Christopher Stanton Commits Suicide After Arrest For Capitol Riot / Arab Woman Pilot Disowned By Her Family' For Bombing ISIS

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.