Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? (30657 Views)

Alhaja Who Collapsed During Ramadan Fast Rejects Malt Drink Offer / Two Pastors Accept Islam In Ogun State During Ramadan Lecture (Photos) / Can I Have Intercourse With The Woman I Illegally Impregnated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2022
Intercourse might be permissible or not permissible during Ramadan depending on who you do it with and when it is done. Intercourse with a legal partner can be done at night after Iftar while it is forbidden with an illegal partner in the morning or night, during or after Ramadan. Below contains an explicit explanation

Praise be to Allah.

Intercourse during the day in Ramadan is haram for men and women alike, who are obliged to fast during the day. Doing that is a sin for which expiation (kaffarah) must be offered.

Expiation for having intercourse during Ramadan
The kaffarah is to free a slave; if that is not possible then the person must fast for two consecutive months; whoever is not able to do that must feed sixty poor persons.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: Whilst we were sitting with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), a man came to him and said, “O Messenger of Allah, I am doomed!” He said, “What happened?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife when I was fasting [in Ramadan].” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Are you able to free a slave?” He said, “No.” He said, “Are you able to fast for two consecutive months?” He said, “No.” He said, “Can you feed sixty poor persons?'' He said, “No.” Then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) remained silent for a while, and whilst we were like that, a large vessel of dates was brought to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and he said, “Where is the one who was asking?” He said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take these and give them in charity.” The man said, “Is there anyone more poor than me, O Messenger of Allah? For there is no household between the two harrahs (lava fields – i.e., in Madinah) that is poorer than my household.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) smiled until his eye teeth could be seen, then he said, “Feed it to your family.” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1834, 1835; Muslim, 1111)

[b]Intercourse during the night in Ramadan
[/b]With regard to intercourse during the night in Ramadan, this is permitted and is not forbidden, and the time when it is permitted lasts until the onset of dawn. When dawn comes, intercourse becomes forbidden.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Sawm (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body-cover, or screen, or Sakan (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with them] for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Sawm (fast) till the nightfall.” [al-Baqarah 2:187]

This verse clearly states that it is permissible to eat, drink and have intercourse during the nights of Ramadan until dawn.

After having intercourse it is obligatory to do ghusl, then pray Fajr.

And Allah knows best.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by advocatejare(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Smoochin is permitted according to the Sunnah of Rosulilah

Sahih Muslim 1106 b
Sufyan reported:
I said to 'Abd al-Rahman b. Qasim: Have you heard from your father narrating from 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) that he kissed her while observing fast? He ('Abd al-Rahman b. Qasim) kept silence for a short while and then said:" Yes."

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by layycon: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2022
Go ahead and enjoy your life

3 Likes

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by TeeGentle(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2022
That's right
Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by suffering: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2022
Many Muslims do it. They do it also with Christian women. Fornication is allowed so far a human being is alive.

19 Likes

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by allen113: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2022
See wetin dey hungry you, no go die ontop person daughter u know say u never chop lipsrsealed

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by IslamIncest: 11:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Yes you can...

Sex is part of education (canal knowledge)

cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by falcon01: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by GreatAxeMan: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2022
So what exactly is the essence of this fasting?
Fasting is supposed to be about self denial from food and pleasure, yet muslims eat more food during their fasting and have more sex.

It's very funny to see how every major food company increases the amount of advertisements towards muslims during the time when they're supposed to be limiting the amount of food they consume.

Lukgaf:
Intercourse might be permissible or not permissible during Ramadan depending on who you do it with and when it is done. Intercourse with a legal partner can be done at night after Iftar while it is forbidden with an illegal partner in the morning or night, during or after Ramadan. Below contains an explicit explanation

Praise be to Allah.

Intercourse during the day in Ramadan is haram for men and women alike, who are obliged to fast during the day. Doing that is a sin for which expiation (kaffarah) must be offered.

Expiation for having intercourse during Ramadan
The kaffarah is to free a slave; if that is not possible then the person must fast for two consecutive months; whoever is not able to do that must feed sixty poor persons.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: Whilst we were sitting with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), a man came to him and said, “O Messenger of Allah, I am doomed!” He said, “What happened?” He said, “I had intercourse with my wife when I was fasting [in Ramadan].” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Are you able to free a slave?” He said, “No.” He said, “Are you able to fast for two consecutive months?” He said, “No.” He said, “Can you feed sixty poor persons?'' He said, “No.” Then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) remained silent for a while, and whilst we were like that, a large vessel of dates was brought to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and he said, “Where is the one who was asking?” He said, “Here I am.” He said, “Take these and give them in charity.” The man said, “Is there anyone more poor than me, O Messenger of Allah? For there is no household between the two harrahs (lava fields – i.e., in Madinah) that is poorer than my household.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) smiled until his eye teeth could be seen, then he said, “Feed it to your family.” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1834, 1835; Muslim, 1111)

[b]Intercourse during the night in Ramadan
[/b]With regard to intercourse during the night in Ramadan, this is permitted and is not forbidden, and the time when it is permitted lasts until the onset of dawn. When dawn comes, intercourse becomes forbidden.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Sawm (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body-cover, or screen, or Sakan (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with them] for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Sawm (fast) till the nightfall.” [al-Baqarah 2:187]

This verse clearly states that it is permissible to eat, drink and have intercourse during the nights of Ramadan until dawn.

After having intercourse it is obligatory to do ghusl, then pray Fajr.

And Allah knows best.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by DeepSight(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2022
Islam and fake fasting. Stuff yourself before Dawn and stuff yourself after Dusk. No wonder they come out of Ramadan fatter.

Now Lukgaf says feel free to knack all night as well. Just pray afterwards.

Well, with permission for four wives (and the authority to divorce and replace any of them at a heartbeat), what else.

Islam does not slack once it comes to knacking. That is, the knacking rights of men. By the prophets beard, I swear.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by poweredcom(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2022
Infact today after strip clubbing man must nak two oloshos abeg man must bust a nut or die trying

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by vedaxcool(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2022
DeepSight:
Islam and fake fasting. Stuff yourself before Dawn and stuff yourself after Dusk. No wonder they come out of Ramadan fatter.

Well, with permission for four wives (and the authority to divorce and replace any of them at a heartbeat), what else.

Islam does not slack once it comes to knacking. That is, the knacking rights of men. By the prophets beard, I swear.

This sort of post is beneath you sir.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by vedaxcool(m): 11:39am On Apr 15, 2022
I am sorry Muslim fasting has impact user experience with life, however should you choose to upgrade to premium you will enjoy premium fasting mode.

GreatAxeMan:
Fasting is supposed to be about self denial from food and pleasure, yet muslims eat more food during their fasting and have more sex.

It's very funny to see how every major food company increases the amount of advertisements towards muslims during the time when they're supposed to be limiting the amount of food they consume.

1 Like

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by DeepSight(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2022
vedaxcool:

This sort of post is beneath you sir.

Can you specify why sir.
Address the message and not the messenger.

If you can't, vamoose.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2022
Hausubillahi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by money121(m): 11:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Ok
Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Jamiubond009(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2022
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by yrex01(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2022
DeepSight:

I don't know why y'all so obsessed with islam. if it's fake fast pls do it for two days

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by yrex01(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2022
To all Christians swearing before commenting.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Miyachi: 11:52am On Apr 15, 2022
If you don't want to make Aljana
Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by dreamwords: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2022
grin
Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Winters23: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
You mean if ilo - otu is good when hungry?

4 Likes

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Winters23: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
Finally I can comment here without swearing grin

Good job seun

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

That's one of the beautifies of Islam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? by simpleseyi: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ehn nah.

You can go to Allen and carry plenty Olosho. Awon Omo Esu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know / People Eating In Public During Ramadan Will Be Arrested - Sharia Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.