Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years (381 Views)

Russian Rouble Falls To Lowest Value For A Year / London’s River Thames Shrinks As Extreme Heat, Looming Drought Dry Up Source / Isha Sesay Exits CNN After 13 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by shogsman(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2022
Russia’s total external debt has fallen in the first quarter to its lowest level since 2009, amounting to $453.5 billion as of April 1, data from the Bank of Russia showed on Wednesday. The debt has decreased by $26.5 billion, or 5.5%, according to the regulator.

“The dynamics of the indicator was mainly affected by the reduction in foreign debt of other sectors,” the central bank said.

The record quarterly decrease in Russia’s foreign debt levels – by $81 billion – occurred in the fourth quarter of 2014 after the introduction of Western sanctions and the subsequent fall in oil prices. The slide continued for three consecutive quarters. However, the level of foreign debt then was significantly higher than now, a record $732.8 billion as of July 1, 2014.

According to the Bank of Russia, the external debt of the private sector (banks and other sectors) shrank by $16.2 billion over the first quarter of 2022, to $367.4 billion. The debt of state administration bodies and the central bank diminished by $10.3 billion to $86.1 billion, data showed.
https://www.rt.com/business/553822-russia-debt-shrinks/

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by sapientia(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2022
As stated by Russia
Re: Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by VictorUSA(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2022
And so bloody what?
Re: Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by RichMelanin: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2022
VictorUSA:
And so bloody what?

Why so pained every time, you must be living a sad life
I pray you’re freed from that depression
Amen

5 Likes

Re: Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by seunny4lif(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2022
cheesy cheesy
I swear
RichMelanin:

Why so pained every time, you must be living a sad life
I pray you’re freed from that depression
Amen
Re: Russia’s Debt Shrinks To Lowest Level In 13 Years by freakyamanda(f): 5:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
This Ukrainian war is 40% military war and 60% media war and it seems the better liar will win the hearts of people while the better military side will win the actual war. In the end we may never know the actual truth of the war. Both Ukraine and the West on one side, and Russia on the other side, are lying. However, the west has more capacity to lie given the huge capacity of their media, which completely supports Ukraine. I see that Russia is gradually stepping up its own propaganda and I will encourage them

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Jewish Comedian Zelensky Has Reduced The Bar On State Diplomacy / EU Explain Why It Keeps Buying Russia Oil / Saudi Is Losing The War In Yemen After Seven Years Of Mayhem And Destruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.