Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 (3711 Views)

Post Your Dead Or Broken Samsung Phone With Your Price / How To Identify Fake Samsung Chargers (photos) / How To Repair Any Dead Or Short Mobile | Dead Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2022
Do you know that most of this chargers we threw away when they stop working can be repaired, YES they can be repaired even at the comfort of your home. Most of this dead charger is coursed by weak or dead power capacitors, every Mobile chargers have power capacitors and they have different values (although of them have the same voltage which is 400v). They are located at the output of the rectifier in all Mobile chargers.
You can also replace it with a higher value capacitor...
Instead of westing 2k, you can buy this capacitor with just N150 and replace it even at home.
Here is how I replace mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPdhyzfYs-Q

Lalasticlala mynd44

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Chaii
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by immortalcrown(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
1500 Naira? What if na charger wey I buy 500 Naira?

1 Like

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by illicit(m): 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
Nothing dey shock u again abi
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Openatyn(m): 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2022
Very nice piece, the capacitor he got is bigger than the space the charger has hence, he could not put the cover. I learnt something new thanks Chief

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 11:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
immortalcrown:
1500 Naira? What if na charger wey I buy 500 Naira?

N150 no 1500.
You can buy it in any electrical shop or Amazon (although they sell in large quantities)
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 11:20pm On Apr 15, 2022
Openatyn:
Very nice piece, the capacitor he got is bigger than the space the charger has hence, he could not put the cover. I learnt something new thanks Chief
Yes is true, that is the challenge at times! Sometimes even the same value can be bigger than the other...
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
illicit:
Nothing dey shock u again abi
Haba, I have been in electronics for so long. I know where to touch and where not to touch lolz
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by illicit(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2022
ULiTv:

Haba, I have been in electronics for so long. I know where to touch and where not to touch lolz

grin
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by lawalosky(m): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2022
Nice1 mehn I just so muchly admired your courage on dealing with this electronics circuit and components! Keep it up and do more and more research, sky will be your limits.
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Anon4: 11:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
Be careful. Using a wrong charger can spoil your battery and blow up your phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Aboks(m): 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Nice one
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by FixxNigeria23: 11:32pm On Apr 15, 2022
Se

1 Like

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 11:38pm On Apr 15, 2022
Anon4:
Be careful. Using a wrong charger can spoil your battery and blow up your phone.
No o! That is just power capacitors, the transformer is already ahead to step it down.. the value in-between the two capacitors is not much, any electrician can recommend it

1 Like

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Authoreety: 2:33am On Apr 16, 2022
Thank you bro...

Dry chargers shall rise again
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by bobkezel(m): 2:33am On Apr 16, 2022
I have a soldering iron but it doesn't melt the lead easily. Why?
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 5:12am On Apr 16, 2022
bobkezel:
I have a soldering iron but it doesn't melt the lead easily. Why?
You can change or replace the element, or check if the welding tip is Aluminum, if it is iron and can attract to magnet, it will not work.
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 5:12am On Apr 16, 2022
Authoreety:
Thank you bro...

Dry chargers shall rise again
grin cheesy no time
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Ahmed0336(m): 5:13am On Apr 16, 2022
Learnt this late year after thrashing 5 different chargers within 2 months. The one I'm presently using, had it capacitors changed and it's working perfectly.
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 5:56am On Apr 16, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Learnt this late year after thrashing 5 different chargers within 2 months. The one I'm presently using, had it capacitors changed and it's working perfectly.
Yes, thank God you knew earlier, but still mind you that this procedure is for most chargers (although it is the most common problemi in Mobile chargers) but sometimes the damage can be several, which means you are not changing only power capacitor but other components as well.
Thanks
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 16, 2022
It is not only a capacitor that is affected.The IC;s got blown too.Most especially with all this i-better-pass-my-neighbour generators.What you should do is to reduce the voltage of your generator and switch on your bulbs so that it can minimise the high voltage that always result to surge in your charger's components.
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 7:12am On Apr 16, 2022
Revolution2022:
It is not only a capacitor that is affected.The IC;s got blown too.Most especially with all this i-better-pass-my-neighbour generators.What you should do is to reduce the voltage of your generator and switch on your bulbs so that it can minimise the high voltage that always result to surge in your charger's components.
Yes that is the "several" damage! Most times it's just the capacitor that is affected, my awareness here is for us to always check before throwing them into the dustbin... It can be problem we can solve rather than westing another 2k buying a new charger... 85% of this problem is power "Capacitors" believe me
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 16, 2022
Poverty must die

Who get money no Dey think of repairing ordinary charger

How much be charger sef wey you still wan repair

Meanwhile I’ll fix your faulty gadgets eg laptop iPhones Samsung and transsion phones at affordable prices

A trial will convince you
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 7:48am On Apr 16, 2022
PhoneCareIkeja:
Poverty must die

Who get money no Dey think of repairing ordinary charger

How much be charger sef wey you still wan repair

Meanwhile I’ll fix your faulty gadgets eg laptop iPhones Samsung and transsion phones at affordable prices

A trial will convince you
This is not actually about poverty, it's fun and same time a repair that will not take you up to 30 Mins to fix.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by bahdpersona(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2022
That's how one self acclaimed engineer help me fixed my charger, I used it to charge my phone but it destroyed the panel, I couldn't use charger again, I was only using Desktop

2 Likes

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by bobkezel(m): 9:36am On Apr 16, 2022
ULiTv:

You can change or replace the element, or check if the welding tip is Aluminum, if it is iron and can attract to magnet, it will not work.
I think it's iron. What do I do?
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 9:52am On Apr 16, 2022
bahdpersona:
That's how one self acclaimed engineer help me fixed my charger, I used it to charge my phone but it destroyed the panel, I couldn't use charger again, I was only using Desktop
Ehya, sorry for the experience. The thing is most engineer don't pay attention to that capacitor value. If it is actually the capacitor that is dead, there is no way it will destroy your phone when u use recommended value.

Ex: 2.2 to 3.7 microfarad can go, 6.7 to 8 microfarad can go,, remember all power capacitors voltage is 400v. If is More than or lesser than, wahala go de o
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2022
bobkezel:

I think it's iron. What do I do?
You have to look for aluminum welding tip o
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by Udemzy05: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2022
Openatyn:

angry grin
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by MikeMicheal(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2022
ULiTv:

You have to look for aluminum welding tip o
It is not only the metallic tip that matters, using a soldering LEAD of good quality also matters.
Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by ULiTv: 10:46am On Apr 16, 2022
MikeMicheal:
It is not only the metallic tip that matters, using a soldering LEAD of good quality also matters.
Yes you are right though, but i use my aluminum welding tip for any kind of soldering lead, and it's giving me what I want.

1 Like

Re: Stop Throwing Your Dead Mobile Chargers Away, Repair Them With As Low As N150 by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Finally!
a sensible diy thread, buh Lala or dat otulee guy my**** will neva see it and push it to fp.

angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Track A Stolen TECNO Or Infinix Phone / Pls Anybody With Celtel Settings 4 Browsing Opera Mini, Migg33 And Others / Unlock Your Iphone In Less Than 30mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.