Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? (1675 Views)

I Don Finally Leave Naija For Una! Japa / Where Is The Easiest Country To Leave Naija To And How Can I Process It / New Australian Business Visa That Doesn't Require Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2022
Hello my people

I am sorry to bother you all.I am of you living in one of the states in South East.My wife left Nigeria last year November after securing UK skilled worker Visa as a Registered Nurse.

Being her spouse, automatically I became eligible to apply as a dependant with my kids(3).

I and my kids have been given the visa that will enable us work in the UK(I mean that will enable me to work)

The challenge I have now is that I have a job here in naija with one of the federal agencies.My monthly pay is about 150k and I have been on this job for about 10 years.I have risen considerably in rank to the position of a principal officer.

I am anxious about what the future holds in the UK.I heard you can only do menial jobs where they pay about £10 per hour.Meanwhile,I only have BSc in one of the biological sciences.

I need advice,do I abandone my naija job for menial jobs in the UK?I am absolutely ambivalent about tomorrow.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by richeeyo(m): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2022
That one na your problem
Announce to the world till your village people follow you in convoy
Better still don't leave the country
Go to sambisa
And enjoy nature
And unpolluted air
20hrs
Na ur monthly pay here
Am not sure ur output is really meaningful in your current work
If you can't do simple calculations

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by BORBORSKY(m): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2022
Baba..leave immediately...wat u waiting for...do the maths ....£10 per hour is better than 150k per month u can do multiple jobs too...learn some skill bfor going too...its a golden chance , take it

aliucity1:
Hello my people

I am sorry to bother you all.I am of you living in one of the states in South East.My wife left Nigeria last year November after securing UK skilled worker Visa as a Registered Nurse.

Being her spouse, automatically I became eligible to apply as a dependant with my kids(3).

I and my kids have been given the visa that will enable us work in the UK(I mean that will enable me to work)

The challenge I have now is that I have a job here in naija with one of the federal agencies.My monthly pay is about 150k and I have been on this job for about 10 years.I have risen considerably in rank to the position of a principal officer.

I am anxious about what the future holds in the UK.I heard you can only do menial jobs where they pay about £10 per hour.Meanwhile,I only have BSc in one of the biological sciences.

I need advice,do I abandone my naija job for menial jobs in the UK?I am absolutely ambivalent about tomorrow.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by gaby(m): 9:59am On Apr 16, 2022
No, stay in Nigeria and refund the visa/work permit.

Must you open a thread?
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by SocialJustice: 10:18am On Apr 16, 2022
aliucity1:
Hello my people

Lol, leave Nigeria immediately. Start with the £10/hr job, I am sure you will even see better jobs. Go to job centre and look for high paying jobs and the required certification. There are even high paying jobs you can get into as you are. Get there and start building yourself, it won't be long before you see you have been wasting your life in Nigeria.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 16, 2022
Remember that you are going to pay income taxe's in UK.Unlike in Nigeria where prominent Nigerians evade taxes.Meanwwhile,in UK,you will be economical in spending.But,as long as you are working you can offset your bills.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by yanabasee(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2022
There is a good life and a good governance over there ...

You can't compare the pounce and the peanuts the government is giving you....

You work and get paid and are entitled to good health facilities, good roads and good working conditions....

You can grow with your job there... Unlike here, you barely understand what your work specifications are....
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2022
aliucity1:
Hello my people

In 10 years of working and rising considerably, your monthly salary is ₦150K .......

₦150K is £198.00....... UK might be expensive and structured...... But you pay for deserved services....

£198.00 you could earn in a day ....... I say no more ......

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by ednut1(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2022
150k after 10 years Omo God forbid . You have papers you dont have to do menial job na. You can get admin jobs, do uber eats or normal uber, do customer service etc. while you find job in your field

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Bbbw: 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
I hope you are not sick in joking voice

Do you need an herbalist to tell you that even with a 1million naira job with federal government of nigeria , it is not enough to continue living in this miserable country called nigeria.

I know many people who will quit a high paying job just for a visitor visa

Leave immediately dont look back . Nothing is certain in nigeria. Your monthly salary will be made within few days even if you work in a factory in Uk

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by AfahaAbia(m): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
ednut1:
150k after 10 years Omo God forbid . You have papers you dont have to do menial job na. You can get admin jobs, do uber eats or normal uber, do customer service etc. while you find job in your field

You should not be suprised!! It's one of those Ministries of no work. All they do is lounge around gossiping when month end they collect salary. The OP is scared of working hard in UK he prefers collecting salary for 10 years doing nothing.

7 Likes

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Cousin9999: 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
If you can humble yourself for a while, you can get a decent job in UK. If you refuse to do that, maybe start a business there (a franchise would probably be the best option) or train for a medical profession (there's lots of different technician jobs that you can do with 2 years or less of training). Another option is basically taking an office job no one wants (teacher, social worker, inspection job requiring a lot of travel...).
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by AfahaAbia(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
aliucity1:
Hello my people

From your write-up I am not suprised!! You are a very lazy man!! I am very sure you work at one of those Ministries of no work. All you do is lounge around gossiping when month end you collect salary. Look let me advice you, if you know you don't have the stamina and resilience to work don't bother going to the UK because for every £ you will earn you must work for it!!! There is no lounging around gossiping. So u better stick to your 150k ministry work!

5 Likes

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Cousin9999: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
AfahaAbia:
for every £ you will earn you must work for it!!! There is no lounging around gossiping.

Definitely not true, my guy.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by kmaster007: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
Werey stay
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Evidenx(m): 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
aliucity1:
Hello my people

Oga move sharply...wetin I talk? I SAY MOVE. DON'T MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.
UR WIFE AS A NURSE EARN WELL...WORST COME TO WORST,YOU TOO ENTER SCHOOL FOR UK GO STUDY NURSING.
NURSES THEY COLLECT BETTER MONEY FOR UK.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Marvellousss(f): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
I understand your fears, but I assure you, you won't be doing menial jobs forever.
Do not leave Nigeria feeling that you have lost your "150k/month" job for a menial job. As you get accustomed to the system, you will meet new people, make good connections, expand your horizon, and things will start to make sense, bit by bit.
Gather all your certifications and experiences and start researching job opportunities. When you get to the UK, you might need to take more certification courses which will give you more prospects in the job market. That is part of growth! It is all for the best. Take that bold step, don't be afraid to leave your comfort zone.
Your children will be more than grateful for the excellent foundation you created for them. Lastly, if you believe in God, pray about it! And be open to new opportunities! Selah
aliucity1:
Hello my people

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
This is highly soothing bro.I sincerely appreciate you.I will heed to the advice and take the bold step.I am a Christian by His grace and I know He is the one that made this opportunity a reality.

God bless you sir.

I understand your fears, but I assure you, you won't be doing menial jobs forever.
Do not leave Nigeria feeling that you have lost your "150k/month" job for a menial job. As you get accustomed to the system, you will meet new people, make good connections, expand your horizon, and things will start to make sense, bit by bit.
Gather all your certifications and experiences and start researching job opportunities. When you get to the UK, you might need to take more certification courses which will give you more prospects in the job market. That is part of growth! It is all for the best. Take that bold step, don't be afraid to leave your comfort zone.
Your children will be more than grateful for the excellent foundation you created for them. Lastly, if you believe in God, pray about it! And be open to new opportunities! Selah[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thanks bro for the comments.I understand the feeling.It is well my brother.

That one na your problem
Announce to the world till your village people follow you in convoy
Better still don't leave the country
Go to sambisa
And enjoy nature
And unpolluted air
20hrs
Na ur monthly pay here
Am not sure ur output is really meaningful in your current work
If you can't do simple calculations [/quote]
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2022
Thanks bro.I will do as you have advices.

Oga move sharply...wetin I talk? I SAY MOVE. DON'T MISS THIS GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.
UR WIFE AS A NURSE EARN WELL...WORST COME TO WORST,YOU TOO ENTER SCHOOL FOR UK GO STUDY NURSING.
NURSES THEY COLLECT BETTER MONEY FOR UK.[/quote]
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
No wahala baba, thanks.

Werey stay
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by aliucity1: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Don't sit in your corner and judge someone you have never met before.You may be running into hasty conclusion.All the same, thanks for the comment.

From your write-up I am not suprised!! You are a very lazy man!! I am very sure you work at one of those Ministries of no work. All you do is lounge around gossiping when month end you collect salary. Look let me advice you, if you know you don't have the stamina and resilience to work don't bother going to the UK because for every £ you will earn you must work for it!!! There is no lounging around gossiping. So u better stick to your 150k ministry work![/quote]
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Munamoqel: 11:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
ednut1:
you don't understand Nigeria federal public service .in another 8 to 10 year the chap will be chopping the National cake from overheard funds and capital project funds .a single deal can earn him a 10 year uk salary .this what keep them in the public service .
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Damireal: 12:09am On Apr 17, 2022
Wishing you a safe journey and favour over there brother.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Damireal: 12:13am On Apr 17, 2022
You get a chance in Canada, still thinking about naija, bro God shall go with you and be your guild
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Chriswazo(m): 8:22am On Apr 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

In 10 years of working and rising considerably, your monthly salary is ₦150K .......

₦150K is £198.00....... UK might be expensive and structured...... But you pay for deserved services....

£198.00 you could earn in a day ....... I say no more ......

Listen to Lexus for all your UK fears
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Lexusgs430: 8:25am On Apr 17, 2022
Munamoqel:
you don't understand Nigeria federal public service .in another 8 to 10 year the chap will be chopping the National cake from overheard funds and capital project funds .a single deal can earn him a 10 year uk salary .this what keep them in the public service .

So join the corrupt gang, and stealing from the poor .......

And how would Nigeria get better, when everyone continually steals........
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2022
Chriswazo:

Listen to Lexus for all your UK fears

I think he loves that poor salary he is receiving, whilst not working for it. ...........

If he relocates, he would work for every £1 he earns..... Biko, let him stay in Nigeria, his wife would seek alternatives to fulfil oza room duties......... cheesy
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by CodingSoft: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2022
With a BSc in one of the biological sciences you will get a good job or you can go into teaching.

The only issue you will need to sort out with your wife is child care if your kids are still in primary school.

You can also have a look at all the highly skilled professions the UK Government is looking for and yours is amongst them: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations-and-codes
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Chriswazo(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I think he loves that poor salary he is receiving, whilst not working for it. ...........

If he relocates, he would work for every £1 he earns..... Biko, let him stay in Nigeria, his wife would seek alternatives to fulfil oza room duties......... cheesy

cheesy grin
Exactly

Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by meetme01: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2022
His fear has been doused. Don't let money be a decider in anything you do. After all, you will resign someday. What next? Wait for gratuity till thy kingdom come with peanut as pension.

Good life, peace of mind, & enjoyment is key in this life. The kids will forever be grateful for this.
Re: I Have Been Given Uk Visa That Will Enable Me To Work,should I Leave Naija? by Munamoqel: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2022
Lexusgs430:

So join the corrupt gang, and stealing from the poor .......

And how would Nigeria get better, when everyone continually steals........
am not in support of the corruption .but I would not form I don't know it happens.some of the blame is on the Nigeria state remuration method .how can a staff that have work 20 years not stop earn 200k per month ? in Abuja the this same person is miraculously expected to over see a budgets of millions ? are we for real ? .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info Needed On Best Park/ Transport Company In Lagos For Bayelsa Trip / Accident Involving Dangote Cement Truck Claims Lives In Edo State(photos) / Nairalanders In Deutschland And E.U Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.