Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' (22709 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2022
I was on Twitter when I saw 'Mount Zion' was trending. I thought the company had produced another movie, but alas it was something totally different. Joshua Bamiloye, one of the sons of Evangelist Mike Bamiloye, founder of Mount Zion faith Ministries and Mount Zion Television shared a series of thought provoking tweets about the increasingly dark and dubious content in movies, specifically Marvel movies that resonated with me because of the undiluted truth it contains for Christians.

If your attention span is a tweet long, this thread is not for you.

So I made a tweet on Marvel movies, and I think it's time to expand on that because there's something we need to hammer home in the body of Christ.

What exactly is it? The impact some of today’s films have on our generation, and even more so on our (future) children

Let me preface this by saying I watch Marvel films as well, so this isn't a topic to completely ban, dissociate, or cancel Hollywood films from our homes (because you can bet some people wont read half of this thread but still come to their silly conclusions just to cause chaos).

Rather, this is a plea for us to be more deliberate in how much of God we pour into ourselves and subsequently into the lives of our children, so their thought process isn’t shaped by these movies. I'll go over a few of the characters who sparked that concern

Scarlet Witch, a super hero, was my first source of concern. I'm not going into details, I'm just pointing out who our children will refer to as super heroes. Characters they would want to copy. Doctor Strange is in the same boat (who is a sorcerer, same-same).

Over the years, foreign films have beautified witchcraft & sorcery. We may know that witchcraft is a no-no, regardless of how many movies we see about it, but believe me, it is harmful for a child to grow up with this kind of orientation without a proper knowledge of God's word.

The message is consistently the same: there are "good witches" and "evil witches." NETFLIX KIDS is also known for these types of shows.

Another example is Venom, which was released in 2018, followed by a sequel in 2021. The plot revolves around a man whose body was fused with that of a "symbiotic alien" (a funny euphemism for a demon, in my opinion) named Venom.

The sheer gore in the sight of this monster that was supposed to be the hero of the story freaks me out. Venom is a creature that dwells inside a man and manifests in times of battle. Venom can also take control of a man's activities without visibly appearing.

Last year, I had the opportunity to talk to a gathering of high school students.

I casually asked, "Who has seen Venom?" Hands were raised.

"Who likes Venom?" I asked again. Almost all hands were raised again. When they observed my surprised expression, they dropped their hands.

This year, Morbius was released. I haven’t seen it but from research, it’s the story of a Dr with a blood disorder who sought help from a means that turns him into a vampire; a blood-sucking demon. That’s the Hero. He is possessed by and manifests another being inside of him.

And finally the presently trending series: Moon Knight. A regular guy shares a body with a mercenary that possesses Egyptian powers and he asks for control over his body from time to time. He, like Venom and Morbius, is possessed by and manifests another being inside of him.

These are just a few instances; let’s not even get started on Disney's ambitions to fully integrate LGBT themes into their children's materials, which will no longer be a coded affair. (Side note-Disney owns Marvel)

Again, I'm not advocating for a ban on Hollywood films or a boycott of Marvel films (though, if you can, good for you).
I'm requesting that we become more sensitive and vigilant than we have ever been. The world is getting darker, and the devil is becoming increasingly crafty.

Make a firm commitment in your heart to nourish your heart with God's word as much as possible so that you can pass it on to your children and younger siblings.

This will function as a powerful deterrent to the negative content that’s out there.

We can’t completely prevent germs in the air, water, or food, but we can strengthen our immune system to combat them when they get in the body.

In the spirit, it's the same way. Spiritual germs are present in the media, but your spiritual immunity is the most important factor
That’s by the way, let’s go back to marvel…
https://twitter.com/jay_mikee/status/1514949022309654528

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Crizzycross: 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2022
The world is getting darker, and the devil is becoming increasingly crafty.
Wisdom and truth. Hollywood is glorifying and glamourising homosexuality, witchcraft, sorcery and occultism, and we are becoming more accepting of them.

215 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ìṣáwùrú is demonizing the entertainment industry that raised him as evil shey?
OK now! grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Saxxon(m): 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Mad people! So we should leave very well produced movies and watch your daddy and Mommy instead? Who are you to tell us what superstitions to believe in? Afterall, na still the same witches and wizards your mama and papa dey act for film, only that yours is poorly produced.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by GloriousGbola: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Wisdom and truth. Hollywood is glorifying and glamourising homosexuality, witchcraft, sorcery and occultism, and we are becoming more accepting of them.

Hmm. How do you see Harry Potter movies? What of the narnia movies?

For better or worse Hollywood and the entertainment industry have always been at the forefront of speaking for marginalised and despised groups.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:
I was on Twitter when I saw 'Mount Zion' was trending. I thought the company had produced another movie, but alas it was something totally different. Joshua Bamiloye, one of the sons of Evangelist Mike Bamiloye, founder of Mount Zion faith Ministries and Mount Zion Television shared a series of thought provoking tweets about the increasingly dark and dubious content in movies, specifically Marvel movies that resonated with me because of the undiluted truth it contains for Christians.

If your attention span is a tweet long, this thread is not for you.
https://twitter.com/jay_mikee/status/1514949022309654528
What undiluted truth for what Christians? undecided

Nigerian Christianity is nothing different from Paganism abeg.... so una dey fear ordinary marvel movies . Na wa oo!

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hmm. How do you see Harry Potter movies? What of the narnia movies?
Nope. Never seen them. I've never been able to get myself to watch any Harry Potter movie because my spirit rejected it from the very beginning. I cannot watch a movie that glamourises witchcraft in any form.

And for those bringing Mount Zion to this, the difference here is Mount Zion presents the negative supernatural as it is; it doesn't tell me there are good witches and there are bad witches. Witchcraft is witchcraft.

Mind you, I know where to draw the line with fantasy, but please, I will not accept the subtle mind conditioning to accept the glamourisation of occultism that many of these movies seem to be doing.

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by GloriousGbola: 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
The same marvel that gave us black panther way back in the 60s?

The same marvel that has celebrated diversity way way back? Do you see that the xmen are a team that was diverse in an age when heroes were still cis white men?

Do you understand that the xmen are a metaphor for the civil rights movement? And that magneto and xavier are analogies of malcom x and Martin Luther?

Please do not allow some barely educated pastor get it twisted.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by GloriousGbola: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Nope. Never seen them. I've never been able to get myself to watch any Harry Potter movie because my spirit rejected it from the very beginning. I cannot watch a movie that glamourises witchcraft in any form.

What of the narnia movies and books?

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

So what if Hollywood is supposedly becoming more accepting of those things, all of which have been around since the very beginning of man, what then? undecided

What is the hullabaloo about? Why do you folks let these your pastors and mogs use you to forward their hate-filled agenda, against God by the way? undecided

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what if Hollywood is supposedly becoming more accepting of those things, all of which have been around since the very beginning of man, what then? undecided

What is the hullabaloo about? Why do you folks let these your pastors and mogs use you to forward their hate-filled agenda, against God by the way? undecided
Kobo, I'm not going down that road with you. Leave me to my beliefs and I will leave you to yours. The world is big enough for all of us.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

What of the narnia movies and books?
Nope, none.

2 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 9:58pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:
The same marvel that gave us black panther way back in the 60s?

The same marvel that has celebrated diversity way way back? Do you see that the xmen are a team that was diverse in an age when heroes were still cis white men?

Do you understand that the xmen are a metaphor for the civil rights movement? And that magneto and xavier are analogies of malcom x and Martin Luther?

Please do not allow some barely educated pastor get it twisted.

Let me refer you back to the meat of the post:

Again, I'm not advocating for a ban on Hollywood films or a boycott of Marvel films (though, if you can, good for you). I'm requesting that we become more sensitive and vigilant than we have ever been. The world is getting darker, and the devil is becoming increasingly crafty.
The summary is we should be vigilant about the kind of movies we watch and what we allow into our spirit. He was specific about Marvel because they are the ones producing so many occult and LGBT themed movies.

I recently saw one movie poster that was so blatantly occultic that I was awed at the sheer boldness of these people.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by adebayo201: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
Most times, we leave the message only to attack the messenger. We close our eyes to see from the angle of the messenger because we have ulterior motives about him and don't want to see from his/her angle.

He's shares vital points which we should note. As parents and intending parents, scrutinised the kind of movies your children watch. Be deliberate about who they chose as their heroes and how they want to structure their lives after them.

Before person talk sey him be gaybriel or getting into lesbianism, nah something/someone them see as hero.

Make your pikin no go use witch as him hero come become wizard for future.

Also, as adult, we know these movies are fictions and but do kids know??

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by GloriousGbola: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Nope, none.

That was a trap question you see.

The narnia books were written by Cs Lewis. A devout Christians who incidentally was a former atheist

The lion the witch and the wardrobe is a straight up Christian allegory. Aslan is jesus. The witch is Satan. Aslan is sacrificed (crucified) for Edmunds non sin. Aslan dies and rises.

The Lord of the rings is an allegory for drug addiction.

90% of people will speak against this and other books/media without actually reading them.

It also spoils the message when people read the books and cannot find celebration of witchcraft but promotion of humanist values.

At the barest minimum the Harry Potter books are annallegory for nazis. The whole mudblood thing is nazi master raceing

The irony is that everything being said was also said about other taboo subjects like interacial marriage

I am sure white versions of this pastor would have also spoke out against star trek in the 60s.the first TV show where black women were not maids but in leadership positions.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Kobo, I'm not going down that road with you. Leave me to my beliefs and I will leave you to yours. The world is big enough for all of us.
You claimed there is undiluted truth in this for Christians, and I am trying to understand how truth take enter any of the man's ridiculous claims.. undecided

Jesus Christ didnt sent any of His followers to monitoring the world nor Hollywood so why is your mog pretending God is concerned about Hollywood and wants His own? undecided

Why is he urging Christians, those supposed to be commanded by Jesus Christ alone to bother themselves, in the name of God, with what Hollywood is supposedly focused on? undecided

The darkness Jesus Christ vehemently warned His followers against is that which will creep up on them pretending to come to them in the name of God, the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) which Jesus Christ made known were instead lies meant to decieve and delude the multitude away from focusing on God's Truth to instead following after that which does not have to do with God. undecided

Your pastors and mogs are perpetrators of that very darkness. undecided

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

That was a trap question you see.

The narnia books were written by Cs Lewis. A devout Christians who incidentally was a former atheist

The lion the witch and the wardrobe is a straight up Christian allegory. Aslan is jesus. The witch is Satan. Aslan is sacrificed (crucified) for Edmunds non sin. Aslan dies and rises.

The Lord of the rings is an allegory for drug addiction.

90% of people will speak against this and other books/media without actually reading them.

It also spoils the message when people read the books and cannot find celebration of witchcraft but promotion of humanist values.

At the barest minimum the Harry Potter books are annallegory for nazis. The whole mudblood thing is nazi master raceing

The irony is that everything being said was also said about other taboo subjects like interacial marriage

I am sure white versions of this pastor would have also spoke out against star trek in the 60s.the first TV show where black women were not maids but in leadership positions.
You are the one who brought up Narnia, not me. I was specific about Harry Potter because I am familiar with the movies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 10:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You claimed there is undiluted truth in this for Christians, and I am trying to understand how truth take enter any of the man's ridiculous claims.. undecided

Jesus Christ didnt sent any of His followers to monitoring the world nor Hollywood so why is your mog pretending God is concerned about Hollywood and wants His own? undecided

Why is he urging Christians, those supposed to be commanded by Jesus Christ alone to bother themselves, in the name of God, with what Hollywood is supposedly focused on? undecided
If you find his position ridiculous, that's on you. I'm not blind and insensitiveto the craftiness of Satan, and if you are, then that's also on you. It is not my prerogative to convince you. Hollywood is one of the biggest movie industries in the world with a wide outreach. He is telling us as Christians to sieve what we watch and be on guard against the negative content that so many movies contain. If you find this thought process ridiculous, then you are blinder than you know.

Kobo goodnight. I don't have power for your warped, upsidedown scriptural reasoning this evening.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by GloriousGbola: 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Summary,

don't watch Hollywood movies
Also don't watch naija movies occultism etal
Don't watch Indian movies (those ones are straight up idolators)
Don't watch Korean movies
Don't watch Chinese movies
In short don't watch movies.

Watch only pureflix movies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

If you find his position ridiculous, that's on you. I'm not blind to the craftiness of Satan, and if you are, then that's also on you. It is not my prerogative to convince you. Hollywood is one of the biggest movie industries in the world with a wide outreach. He is telling us as Christians to sieve what we watch and be on guard against the negative content that so many movies contain. If you find this thought process ridiculous, then you are blinder than you know.

Kobo goodnight. I don't have power for your warped reasoning this evening.
Interesting claim! undecided

You mean the very same Satan that Jesus Christ literally handed Peter over to to be tested? That same Satan? undecided

Did you ever notice how Jesus Christ instead warned His disciples to beware of false prophets and teachers instead instead of Satan himself? undecided

More than half of His teachings center around warnings about false teachers and false prophets, instructing His followers to reject the leaven of Pharisees- the false teachers and prophets - , to guard against their teachings and doctrines, but not much in the way of warning against Satan Himself, why? undecided

Jesus Christ is written to have chosen Judas Iscariot, a man, to be a part of His flock, but in John 6 vs 70, He, Judas, is said to be the devil, why? undecided

You say you are not blind to the craftiness of Satan....and I wonder if you truly understand who Satan is to begin with.. undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:
Summary,

don't watch Hollywood movies
Also don't watch naija movies occultism etal
Don't watch Indian movies (those ones are straight up idolators)
Don't watch Korean movies
Don't watch Chinese movies
In short don't watch movies.

Watch only pureflix movies
Nigerian Christianity and delusions are like conjoined twins! undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by yanabasee(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

We blame everything in this country...

The same way occultism and ritualism is blamed on nollywwood movies .. rather blaming the government for not making reasonable laws that will enable citizens to flourish... e.g. The private sectors should be checked on how they treat their staff and the staff welfare... Everyone should be entitled to pension. not just FG and SG staff....

The government should use our taxes to extend power supplies to rural areas... let people who have lands/houses stay in the villages to do business. Not every business can strive in the cities...

Some local productions should be taken to the cities. China is practicing this...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
Lol, the same occultism and so-called socery that we have been reading in books as old as time but we were brought up to believe that they are bad what some of these movies depict is that these powers are not bad but it is how you use them that is so how is it a problem?

Also, these are about creativity and wild imaginations as a child I wasn't stupid and I know that these were all fiction and a work of art something sorry to say many Nigerians don't like to explore in their movies which is why Hollywood continues to beat you.

All these societal problems rife in the society like money rituals, armed robbery, kidnapping, occultism and co were not found in marvel but in Nollywood but truly it is Doctor strange that negatively impacted these people to be doing these atrocious acts to believe that you make money by killing people. grin

Some people should learn how to differentiate fiction from reality and stop being paranoid left to these people we should still be doing the inquisition and burning witches as it was done in ancient times lol.

I don't want to bring down anybody's work but truth be told mount zion movies are also filled with witches and wizards that I would not even advise kids to watch so that they don't develop nightmares over them. We believe that those movies are good and tell the work of God but we choose not to expand our horizons and see the creative imaginations and works of art because of religion.

So it is bad to watch movies about sorcery because we were told it is wrong when it is even arguable that these folklores like magic, witches, wizards, vampires, demons etc are all lies/allegory that are also a figment of our imagination.

One clear point he is missing is that in many of these movies they always emphasize the theme that good will always triumph over evil name one movie where evil ever triumphed over good I will like to know.

And fantasies are one of my favourite Genres in movies, films and books. grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Nigerian Christianity and delusions are like conjoined twins! undecided

One of the reasons why I am wary of self-righteous people they are one of the worst sets of people on earth.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Alooone: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
Let d wise hear....I thought I was d only one that noticed it

4 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Magnoliaa(f): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting claim! undecided

You mean the very same Satan that Jesus Christ literally handed Peter over to to be tested? That same Satan? undecided

Did you ever notice how Jesus Christ instead warned His disciples to beware of false prophets and teachers instead instead of Satan himself? undecided

More than half of His teachings center around warnings about false teachers and false prophets, instructing His followers to reject the leaven of Pharisees- the false teachers and prophets - , to guard against their teachings and doctrines, but not much in the way of warning against Satan Himself, why? undecided

Jesus Christ is written to have chosen Judas Iscariot, a man, to be a part of His flock, but in John 6 vs 70, He, Judas, is said to be the devil, why? undecided

You say you are not blind to the craftiness of Satan....and I wonder if you truly understand who Satan is to begin with.. undecided

You make so much sense, Kobo. And I find how you present biblical truths refreshing! Away from all we've been taught and grown up with. For the most part, I do not get why people 'attack' you so much.

I am sure if the modern days Christians we have now were present during Job's era, they would have called God Himself anti-christ.

I mean, the same God gave Satan the go-ahead to inflict pain on Job and cause him troubles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
Magnoliaa:

You make so much sense, Kobo. And I find how you present biblical truths refreshing! Away from all we've been taught and grown up with. For the most part, I do not get why people 'attack' you so much.

I am sure if the modern days Christians we have now were present during Job's era, they would have called God Himself anti-christ.

I mean, the same God gave Satan the go-ahead to inflict pain on Job and cause him troubles.

I think kobo has the egalitarian/liberal view of Christianity not the typical mainstream one practiced in Nigeria.

I like how he is up to date on the Bible and challenges some Christians here he is kind of like a textualist who reads the Bible in light of how it was written unlike some people who run with what they are told.

I may be completely wrong on kobo though grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Magnoliaa(f): 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ishilove:

Ehen, Ishi. I remember you shared one article on Nollywood and money rituals like that one time. People were saying NW is the cause, but the write-up claims NW is just a mirror and something.

Don't you think the same applies to HW?

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Magnoliaa:

The book of Job is where my journey towards finding out the truth of God actually began. I was fascinated by the fact that God conversed with Satan and had Satan torment Job for a period. undecided

What fascinated me even more was that not once did Job acknowledge the being called Satan, nor did Job hint at any other force being behind his predicament. No, Job knew it was God that did it - All power belongs to God and no nothing can take place without His permitting it. undecided
7. “But ask the animals, and they will teach you. Or ask the birds of the air, and they will tell you.
8. Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you. Or let the fish in the sea tell you their wisdom.
9. Everyone knows that the Lord made these things.
10. Every animal that lives and everyone who breathes— they are all under God’s power. - Job 12 vs 7 - 10
For this reason, the man Job made His case directly to God and God alone. Even while surrounded by friends who tried severely to blame everything else but God for his ordeal, Job stood firm in his resolve to plead his case before God and God alone. And guess what, God showed up undecided

I learnt how utterly foolish it is to even acknowledge the being called Satan ,who happens to work for God. This is one of the first wise lessons I learnt from before I resolved to seek God, this while still an atheist mind you. I then did the very same thing job did, this in addition to obeying the little I understood of God's Law in Jesus Christ and God showed up for me too. undecided

The sad of all of this is that, while many Christians are busy fighting their own shadows deceiving themselves that it is Satan they fight against, God continues to use Satan to further their delusions - Luke 8 vs 11 - 13 grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
I think kobo has the egalitarian/liberal view of Christianity not the typical mainstream one practiced in Nigeria.

I like how he is up to date on the Bible and challenges some Christians here he is kind of like a textualist who reads the Bible in light of how it was written unlike some people who run with what they are told.

I may be completely wrong on kobo though grin
My views are those of Jesus Christ Himself as presented right there in scripture actually. I take Jesus Christ at His Word and that is how the writers of scriptures meant for us to approach these things. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Bishop David Oyedepo Celebrates His 67th Birthday Today / Why Do Thousands Of Churches Differ In Doctrine Yet They Read The Bible - Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.