Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? (11160 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / I Saw JESUS Last Night! Folks JESUS Is Coming!! / Tyson Fury First And Foremost Thank Jesus After Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by saintkeppy(m): 9:03am On Mar 31
Jamiubond009:
The guy na man about town.Women loved him like werey

That's why the woman with the issue of blood approached him with faith in an over-crowded atmosphere & she was made whole,, his mother, Mary believed him die in his first miracle of turning water to wine in a wedding ceremony
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Negroid001(m): 9:07am On Mar 31
Buhari4dullard:

Funny coming from someone that the quoran can't even make up its mind over who is the 1st Muslim.

Who said I'm Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 9:16am On Mar 31
Jokerman:
Paul never said a woman should not preach the word of God or carry out evangelism.

What he said was that a woman should learn while in church instead of jostling for pastorship positions... Remember even the Lord Jesus has no woman amongst the 12, even amongst the 72
among d 12, yes....the 72...no
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by bobestman(m): 9:25am On Mar 31
His Wife
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 9:40am On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
among d 12, yes....the 72...no
I think there weren't any woman among the 70/72, because they were mostly bishops and its forbidden for a woman to hold the position of a bishop in the Church, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to be disobedient to that.
Hence they were mostly called servants, (the female followers of Christ).
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by StraightGaay: 9:41am On Mar 31
Leo34rf:
Easter Sunday has been changed to Transgender day, so my bet goes to Bobrisky.
Funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 9:48am On Mar 31
GreatAchiever1:

I think there weren't any woman among the 70/72, because they were mostly bishops and its forbidden for a woman to hold the position of a bishop in the Church, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to be disobedient to that.
Hence they were mostly called servants, (the female followers of Christ).
d term bishop began to be used by apostles not Christ.....the 72 were gathered at d day of pentecost and d names of women were there....so it's certain d 72 had ladies present
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Arabk25: 9:58am On Mar 31
EreluRoz:
Mind your mouth
If not?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Bekermann(m): 9:58am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection?

According to the Bible, it was a woman.

Mark 16:9-11 (KJV)

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

John 20:16-18 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Mark 16:14 (KJV)

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.

You are on point. I tell people that Apostle Paul’s provisions in 1st Corinthians 14: 34 was specifically directed towards the women in Corinth due to their argumentative nature.

One cannot really understand the scriptures if one isn’t well grounded in History especially, including Biology and Geography.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 10:00am On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
d term bishop began to be used by apostles not Christ.....the 72 were gathered at d day of pentecost and d names of women were there....so it's certain d 72 had ladies present

If you don't mind, present bible verse to support this.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by bobestman(m): 10:24am On Mar 31
A HIDDEN TRUTH UNKNOWN BY CHRISTIANS. Why will a woman be that desperate about a man he is not in love with? Can a woman be allowed to anoint the body of a man he is not related to? She is not his mother o. She was at the cross weeping. At his grave weeping. They called her the one he loved but they twisted it to mean a man. Why will a woman be doing all this if she has nothing to do with him? According to the law what she did is wrong and can only be permited if they had sth together. She was also the first to see him and said they took away his lord. Hebrews women see their husband as their lord. To crown it all, at the cross he said "mother behold thy son and son your mother". He is not the son he is talking about their since he is dying. To behold is to watch over or take care of. The truth is that Mary Magdalene was pregnant with a child for him and that is the son he was talking about. Mothers take care of their late son's wife who are pregnant. Research it. Just debunked a 3000yrs old Roman lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 10:24am On Mar 31
GreatAchiever1:

If you don't mind, present bible verse to support this.
acts 1 vs 4, 12 to 14 then chapter 2
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by blinkmoneyo(m): 10:30am On Mar 31
Buhari4dullard:

Funny coming from someone that the quoran can't even make up its mind over who is the 1st Muslim.

Talk about a confused book🤣
You are the confused one here. Don't believe everything you see. I urge you to go through those verses of the quran yourself.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Hanndye: 10:33am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:

Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

The woman's name was Mary Magdalene. She was the one Jesus first appeared to after His resurrection that He first sent to His church to deliver the message of His resurrection.

Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

So it was a woman who preached the first Gospel in the church after the resurrection of Jesus, and it was Jesus Himself who sent her to preach it there.

Therefore anytime you hear any idea, doctrine or teaching which says that the woman ought not to speak in the church but to be silent, know that it's not of Christ, because according to the Gospels and Bible, Christ clearly permitted a woman to speak in the church, as a woman was the first person He sent to to convey the message of His resurrection to the church after He had resurrected from the dead.

Moreover, if you see a woman preaching or speaking in a church, saying that Jesus had appeared to her and sent her to deliver a message to the church, do not see it as unusual just because it's a woman and not a man, as a woman was the first person Jesus appeared to after His resurrection and also the first He sent to preach the Gospel of His resurrection to the church.

Jesus even rebuked His church, which includes His first eleven disciples, for not believing the woman and the others He first sent to them with the Gospel of His resurrection before He physically appeared to them, to illustrate how important the message He sent her to deliver to the church was to Him.

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

God bless.
When did the Church start - before or on the Pentecost Day? My perception is that women can preach but not to the Church.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 10:34am On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
acts 1 vs 4, 12 to 14 then chapter 2

By the 72 disciples, we mean, Luke 10:1-20.

What you mentioned was the day of pentecost and according to verse 15 were 120 in number.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Eriokanmi: 10:43am On Mar 31
She was an extremely beautiful lady as she was described yet, she was demon-possessed. No wonder those whom the devil use and are possessed of evil spirit are mostly pretty ladies. Delilah was a good example. Hardly will you see any pretty lady who's not possessed, except she undergoes deliverance.

Guys just have to be very careful with fleshy lust.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by mu2sa2: 10:58am On Mar 31
Buhari4dullard:

Talk about a confused book🤣
No muslim will come to a thread like this to hurl insults. Flip the coin and you get the opposite.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Deogratiasfx: 11:10am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
I never said Paul was not a true apostle of Christ, but that the instruction itself did not come from Christ, because Christ clearly permitted the woman to speak in His church as proven in the passage below.

John 20:17-18 (KJV)

This is so lovely..... Jesus' words is supreme.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by marvrick: 11:18am On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

The Bible's instructions are clear and need no modifications. You err by presenting your own interpretation of events instead of God's clear commands as presented by the holy apostles.

You err by thinking that the church already existed at Christ's resurrection when in fact it would still take another 150days ahead, on the day of Pentecost. So it wasn't the church Mary told about the resurrection but Jesus's disciples. Take correction.

I'll advise you to stop wrestling scriptures to suit your opinion, you don't know more than the Spirit-inspired men that authored those books.

2 Likes

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Chikel20000(m): 11:45am On Mar 31
GreatAchiever1:

By the 72 disciples, we mean, Luke 10:1-20.

What you mentioned was the day of pentecost and according to verse 15 were 120 in number.
so d 120 at d pentecost where?

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Osanoghodua1: 11:59am On Mar 31
Apostle was addressing a particular culture at that time not the entire Church. Which present day pastor is highly anointed as Kathrine Kuma?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by kkins25(m): 12:14pm On Mar 31
It depends on who you ask?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31
Osanoghodua1:
Apostle was addressing a particular culture at that time not the entire Church. Which present day pastor is highly anointed as Kathrine Kuma?

Pastor Lazarus Muoka..

Although I know you'd rubbish this, but as we all know, 'A prophet is not respected in his hometown'
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Hezmatosky: 12:42pm On Mar 31
You people have come o. Woman wants to be everywhere, but who stopped them? No one! The only issue is, they're over zealous. Supposing women are our head spiritually, politically, marriage, traditionally, and otherwise, we for don caput finish. With this one them dey do for house!
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31
marvrick:

The Bible's instructions are clear and need no modifications. You err by presenting your own interpretation of events instead of God's clear commands as presented by the holy apostles.

You err by thinking that the church already existed at Christ's resurrection when in fact it would still take another 150days ahead, on the day of Pentecost. So it wasn't the church Mary told about the resurrection but Jesus's disciples. Take correction.

I'll advise you to stop wrestling scriptures to suit your opinion, you don't know more than the Spirit-inspired men that authored those books.
If you think the instructions and teachings of the apostles can usurp the teachings and authority of Christ, then you're nothing but an antichrist and false Christian as many of your fellows here. True Christians believe Jesus teachings is the final authority and above all else.

If you're too spiritually blind and ignorant to realize the church consisted of Jesus' disciples and was perfected by the death (and resurrection) of Christ, then it's no fault of mine but yours to remain steadfast in spiritual oblivion.

So kindly keep your erroneous beliefs you mistake to be corrections to yourself, i don't follow errors or lies, but the Truth that Christ is.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 12:56pm On Mar 31
Chikel20000:
so d 120 at d pentecost where?

You just mentioned two different events, he argued about the 12, and the 72.
Why bring up the 120 at pentecost, it's a different event.
But to answer the question, they were followers of Christ.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:58pm On Mar 31
Hanndye:

When did the Church start - before or on the Pentecost Day? My perception is that women can preach but not to the Church.
Your perception is erroneous and antichrist going by Christ teachings and exame. The building of the church was perfected by the death (and resurrection of Christ) of Christ, but was only confirmed on the day of Pentecost by the Holy Ghost.

The disciples are Christ's church so it's His church He sent the woman to preach His Gospel to after His resurrection.

Moreover the church is supposed to follow Jesus teachings and example not those of someone else.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 12:59pm On Mar 31
jesusjnr2020:
If you think the instructions and teachings of the apostles can usurp the teachings and authority of Christ, then you're nothing but an antichrist and false Christian as many of your fellows here. True Christians believe Jesus teachings is the final authority and above all else.

If you're too spiritually blind and ignorant to realize the church consisted of Jesus' disciples and was perfected by the death (and resurrection) of Christ, then it's no fault of mine but yours to remain steadfast in spiritual oblivion.

So kindly keep your erroneous beliefs you mistake to be corrections to yourself, i don't follow errors or lies, but the Truth that Christ is.
I want to ask yoy a question Salvation is by what?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31
Deogratiasfx:

This is so lovely..... Jesus' words is supreme.
Yes it no matter what the antichrist and wolves posing as His sheep try to do, they cannot prevail against it.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 1:09pm On Mar 31
marvrick:

Someone that time and time again has devalued and undermined the authority of the whole counsel of God (the Bible).
I'm convinced by that the dude is a heretic.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by ablejesus26(m): 1:15pm On Mar 31
vibre:
Was it not Paul that said women should not preach in church? Are you saying that Paul is not of God?

Is Paul Your God??
Paul is a Soul who allowed himself to be used by God. He fulfilled destiny,He journeyed here on earth and fulfilled purpose.
You are a soul of your own walking the journey of life personally,fix your heart on You.

BTW when You read the bible,be open your mind to understand the sponsoring thought to the message.
There's a sponsoring thought to every agenda,cause, message or movement,the sponsoring thought to what You read is for organisation and coordination of the Church at that time.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 1:21pm On Mar 31
ablejesus26:

Is Paul Your God??
Paul is a Soul who allowed himself to be used by God. He fulfilled destiny,He journeyed here on earth and fulfilled purpose.
You are a soul of your own walking the journey of life personally,fix your heart on You.

When one has poor theology and bad doctrine about scripture, the bolded is usually their response.
Do you know what is called the Apostlic doctrine?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics. / See How You Miss The Blessing Of God Almighty Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.