Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,128 members, 7,835,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? (11158 Views)

Family Buries Pastor Siva Moodley After Waiting 579 Days For His Resurrection / I Saw JESUS Last Night! Folks JESUS Is Coming!! / Tyson Fury First And Foremost Thank Jesus After Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 5:42am On Apr 04
GreatAchiever1:

What's with the idea of juxtaposing what the Apostle Paul said to what Jesus Christ said like as if they were talking about the same thing. You just brought passages in two different context to make a point, which doesn't correlate.
The first was about how Church should be conducted with men taking the full pastoral offices, the other is about witnessing to the resurrection of Christ.
How is this the same context to be used to prove a point?

It takes the height of spiritually blindness not to realize that it's not up to Paul but Christ to determine how His church ought to be conducted, hence the need for the second which is an instruction and example of Christ Himself to prove how the erroneous teaching of apostle Paul goes against that commandment and example of Christ. Are you too blind to see that it is antichrist and demeaning of women? Christ Himself gave women the right to speak in His church by that instruction and example, but Paul says women ought not speak in the church and it is shameful for a woman speak in the church, and you're here still saying nonsense about pastoral offices despite clearly see this is about merely speaking in the church and not even pastoring a church. Who gave Paul the right overrule the authority of Christ He gave for women to speak in His church? The same you would later call someone who abides by the teachings and example of Christ, heretic, but here you are rejecting the authority and teaching of Christ knowingly and proving to be the real heretic and antichrist. What you must also know is that these same Words you reject so you may hold on to those antichrist teachings that appease your male chauvinistic tendencies would be used against you on the day of judgement if you don't repent. Regardless, no matter how you male chauvinistic antichrists try to suppress women from doing what Christ sent them to do, not just to speak but also pastor churches whenever He chooses, God would keep putting ya'll to shame just as He did with Kathryn Kulman. Wouldn't be surprised though if you claim that such a woman both mighty in the Word and in Works, that God used to raise world renowned evangelists as Benny Jinn and Julio Cesar Ruibal, was not appointed by God.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 5:46am On Apr 04
GreatAchiever1:

No scriptural evidence definitively confirms whether the 72 were all males or if a female was present. However, I adhere to the belief that no female was among the 72, primarily due to the patriarchal norms of that era. The duties of the 72 involved traveling to various cities to perform apostolic work, although they weren't explicitly called apostles as Jesus hadn't yet died and resurrected before sending them. Additionally, historical Greek documents, like the "Seventy Apostles of Christ," while not authoritative, provide insight into the biblical era, yet they do not mention any women. The notion of a female among the 72 often arises from modern cultural interpretations influenced by feminism and women's authority, which diverge from the biblical context.
If women were indeed present among the 72, why would the epistles instruct women to learn in submission within the Church, as seen in 1 Corinthians? Additionally, why would passages in 1 Timothy and Titus specify that bishops or overseers should be husbands of only one wife given that some of the 72 would become bishops/overseer in the Church?

Nice one for pointing out Acts 9:36, I should say that is an oversight from me. While it doesn't explicitly state that she was chosen by Jesus, it aligns with the concept of discipleship, which traditionally denotes a pupil rather than a teacher. In the ancient religious context, disciples were followers of religious teachers. The bolded statement I made earlier was contradictory; indeed, a follower is a disciple, and vice versa. This parallels with the understanding that all Christians today are to be disciples of Jesus.

No need for the epistles really because it wouldn't change the fact that your hypocrisy and heresy have been exposed. It's your choice though to continue adhering to your false and antichrist beliefs.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 6:43am On Apr 04
atheistconverta:
No need for the epistles really because it wouldn't change the fact that your hypocrisy and heresy have been exposed. It's your choice though to continue adhering to your false and antichrist beliefs.

What you're saying is really starting not to make sense, if you want to elevate females up to becoming divine, be my guest, but Its every where in scripture both in the old and new testament. When it comes to authority in position in the home, church or even civil positions, it's the men God placed to be leaders.
I won't even bother myself to explain anymore because I see you don't want to learn.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 7:28am On Apr 04
GreatAchiever1:

What you're saying is really starting not to make sense, if you want to elevate females up to becoming divine, be my guest, but Its every where in scripture both in the old and new testament. When it comes to authority in position in the home, church or even civil positions, it's the men God placed to be leaders.
I won't even bother myself to explain anymore because I see you don't want to learn.
You should never have bothered coming to a thread which upholds the teachings and example of Christ concerning women, to spew out contradictions out of the abundance of your spiritual ignorance and antichrist beliefs concerning women if you're not an antichrist. You don't want to learn from Christ so what do you know that you want to teach someone else? You are now talking about elevating women to divinity status when you never remembered that of yourself when you're attributing such things to men, including Paul whose erroneous and denigrating teachings about women you have elevated above that of Christ. Your hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens though is now nothing new so no surprises there.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 7:29am On Apr 04
atheistconverta:

It takes the height of spiritually blindness not to realize that it's not up to Paul but Christ to determine how His church ought to be conducted, hence the need for the second which is an instruction and example of Christ Himself to prove how the erroneous teaching of apostle Paul goes against that commandment and example of Christ. Are you too blind to see that it is antichrist and demeaning of women? Christ Himself gave women the right to speak in His church by that instruction and example, but Paul says women ought not speak in the church and it is shameful for a woman speak in the church, and you're here still saying nonsense about pastoral offices despite clearly see this is about merely speaking in the church and not even pastoring a church. Who gave Paul the right overrule the authority of Christ He gave for women to speak in His church? The same you would later call someone who abides by the teachings and example of Christ, heretic, but here you are rejecting the authority and teaching of Christ knowingly and proving to be the real heretic and antichrist. What you must also know is that these same Words you reject so you may hold on to those antichrist teachings that appease your male chauvinistic tendencies would be used against you on the day of judgement if you don't repent. Regardless, no matter how you male chauvinistic antichrists try to suppress women from doing what Christ sent them to do, not just to speak but also pastor churches whenever He chooses, God would keep putting ya'll to shame just as He did with Kathryn Kulman. Wouldn't be surprised though if you claim that such a woman both mighty in the Word and in Works, that God used to raise world renowned evangelists as Benny Jinn and Julio Cesar Ruibal, was not appointed by God.

Tsk tsk tsk. When I see people claiming that Apostle Paul and Jesus Christ taught different things, automatically I become aware that their doctrine is bad and their theology is very poor. I'm sure you don't even know what it means when he said women shouldn't speak in Church, by speaking he means giving a message that is preaching in the church which is a task for pastor-elders which is a pastoral authoritative office for men, hence the follow up telling them to learn in submission. Go and look up the old testament and tell me, which female was a priest who had access to the holies of holies in the temple of God or even look at the Genesis Creation account and tell me who God gave the command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, even the books of the bible, while some books were pseudonymous. None was written by a woman.

Kathryn Kulman that had bad theology and was ecumenical, also married a man that was married before and then later left him claiming she wanted to be holy for the Lord. This is definitely not someone I would recommend.
Benny Hinn that has been exposed countless times. Just recently a Youtuber, dropped a 4 hours documentary about the false deception of Benny Hinn, but I'm not surprised, someone that is an exponent of the false prosperity message. Definitely not even someone I would recommend.
I know you keep bringing them up because of their workings about miracles, me I'm looking at what they preach on and if it tallies with scriptures.
Just look at yourself, you bringing up people who had false teachings with scripture, yet you dismiss the credibility of the Apostle Paul in scripture. If you don't want to learn, but keep saying heretic and antichrist up and down, I'm done with you. Because I can't even discuss with someone who for starters, doesn't believe the bible is the word of God, because of his personal bias against the Apostle Paul, you're no different from "Christian femininsts".

FYI: you're misrepresenting the word heresy, heresy as defined by dictionary is the belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine. And according to orthodox Christian doctrine, no female preachers, but you support the reverse. So please tell me who the real heretic is here?

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 8:42am On Apr 04
GreatAchiever1:

Tsk tsk tsk. When I see people claiming that Apostle Paul and Jesus Christ taught different things, automatically I become aware that their doctrine is bad and their theology is very poor. I'm sure you don't even know what it means when he said women shouldn't speak in Church, by speaking he means giving a message that is preaching in the church which is a task for pastor-elders which is a pastoral authoritative office for men, hence the follow up telling them to learn in submission. Go and look up the old testament and tell me, which female was a priest who had access to the holies of holies in the temple of God or even look at the Genesis Creation account and tell me who God gave the command not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, even the books of the bible, while some books were pseudonymous. None was written by a woman.

Kathryn Kulman that had bad theology and was ecumenical, also married a man that was married before and then later left him claiming she wanted to be holy for the Lord. This is definitely not someone I would recommend.
Benny Hinn that has been exposed countless times. Just recently a Youtuber, dropped a 4 hours documentary about the false deception of Benny Hinn, but I'm not surprised, someone that is an exponent of the false prosperity message. Definitely not even someone I would recommend.
I know you keep bringing them up because of their workings about miracles, me I'm looking at what they preach on and if it tallies with scriptures.
Just look at yourself, you bringing up people who had false teachings with scripture, yet you dismiss the credibility of the Apostle Paul in scripture. If you don't want to learn, but keep saying heretic and antichrist up and down, I'm done with you. Because I can't even discuss with someone who for starters, doesn't believe the bible is the word of God, because of his personal bias against the Apostle Paul, you're no different from "Christian femininsts".

FYI: you're misrepresenting the word heresy, heresy as defined by dictionary is the belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine. And according to orthodox Christian doctrine, no female preachers, but you support the reverse. So please tell me who the real heretic is here?
You can't see even the most glaring error as this because you're spiritually blinded by your blind sentiments for Paul's teachings, which you place above that of Christ. otherwise it should be easy for you to see that Paul teaching was about merely speaking in the church, as in, Mary delivering the message which Jesus sent her to the church, and not even pastoring or leading a church. If you've not totally blocked out your mind from things which disprove your erroneous beliefs about women which are totally driven by male chauvinism, you would have realized that the practice of women speaking to men even in the temple (House of God) delivering the message God gave to them is Biblical. That's why you'd also be completely blind to the fact God Himself appointed a woman as judge over His people Israel even if it's just one. It's the same reason you hastily came to the conclusion no woman was called a disciple in the Bible without first verifying your claims. It's also no surprise you can't see even the error in Paul's teaching about woman despite how glaring it becomes when placed alongside that of Christ. The fact remains that God hardly chooses women to lead His people even in the old testament, which was also reflected in the instance of Christ with His choosing of first twelve disciples, but it's heretic to claim He never does as you're doing just because He hardly does so. You seem not to realize being heretical in the respect of Christ's church is going contrary to the teachings of Christ not those of Paul or someone else. That's exactly what you're doing and trust me, even if you don't end up in hell for that if you don't repent, there were still many things you stand to lose here on this earth. As for your claims of Kathryn Kulman making errors, I wouldn't dispute that because I also believe Paul made errors in his theology, but that doesn't negate the fact that regardless they were both true servants of God.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 11:13am On Apr 04
atheistconverta:
You can't see even the most glaring error as this because you're spiritually blinded by your blind sentiments for Paul's teachings, which you place above that of Christ. otherwise it should be easy for you to see that Paul teaching was about merely speaking in the church, as in, Mary delivering the message which Jesus sent her to the church, and not even pastoring or leading a church. If you've not totally blocked out your mind from things which disprove your erroneous beliefs about women which are totally driven by male chauvinism, you would have realized that the practice of women speaking to men even in the temple (House of God) delivering the message God gave to them is Biblical.
Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.”
— Matthew 28:7

But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.”
— Mark 16:7

Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles,
— Luke 24:10

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”⁠—and that he had said these things to her.
— John 20:17-18

This is what is said in the four gospels, please where was it written that Mary should speak what she has seen in the temple or synagogue.
No one ever said that women should not evangelise or tell people about God, No, because everyone should do that as commanded in scriptures. But the bible has made that it that authoritative position is reserved for men as he ordered in the home, church and civil positions.
God -> Man -> Woman -> Children is the order God has ordained from the beginning since the time of Creation. This is why anytime the Apostle Paul speaks on any authoritative positions/situations, whether its Church leadership, Submission of wives to their husbands, headcoverings etc, he always points to the created order.

That's why you'd also be completely blind to the fact God Himself appointed a woman as judge over His people Israel even if it's just one.

First off, as a whole the book of Judges shows how sinful Israel was at that time and were in a state of Judgement by God so we read it in a descriptive way rather than prescriptive.
Deborah was a great woman no doubt about that but she is no model to be used for women to serve in civil or church position as people usually claim.
I can talk about Deborah but let me see if I can highlight some key factors so that you can learn something even though I doubt you would take it, but I hope you do.
1. Deborah is not described in the same manner as the male judges, that is in "saving" Israel.
2. The bible didn't use the term "the LORD raised up" for Deborah as in the case of some male Judges (Judges 3:9, 15), and also didn't mention that "The Spirit of the Lord" was working in Deborah as he used in several of the Male judges (Judges 3:10; 6:34; 11:29; 13:25; 14:6, 19; 15:14)
3. Deborah judged Israel at a time when Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, (Judges 4:1,4) therefore the context of having a woman as judge was not an ideal situation.
4. Deborah is never held up in Scripture the same was as the other Judges in Israel, she wasn't a ruler but calls herself mother in Israel Judges 5:7.
5. Deborah didn't serve as a military leader which was the primary role of the Judges, Men like Jephthah, Gideon, Samson, were brave military leaders who delivered Israel through warfare, but rather she urged Barak to fight(Judges 4:6-7), we know the story but it shows that Barak fulfilled the military role of a Judge not Deborah. (1 Samuel 12:11, Hebrews 11:32).

It's the same reason you hastily came to the conclusion no woman was called a disciple in the Bible without first verifying your claims. It's also no surprise you can't see even the error in Paul's teaching about woman despite how glaring it becomes when placed alongside that of Christ.
I agreed to the fact that I made an oversight of which you pointed me to my error, I took the correction and corrected myself, this is not the first time I'm wrong on something neither I'm sure would it be the last, but I'm always ready to take correction if necessary as the bible says.
The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
— Proverbs 15:31-32
But your problem is you don't take correction, you are not ready to learn but still hold on to heretical doctrine that Apostle Paul thought something contrary to what Jesus taught. This is why you will not grow in your spiritual sanctification and knowledge because you are not ready to learn, and no Christian that understands the bible will ever take you serious if you ever say such to their hearings.

The fact remains that God hardly chooses women to lead His people even in the old testament, which was also reflected in the instance of Christ with His choosing of first twelve disciples, but it's heretic to claim He never does as you're doing just because He hardly does so. You seem not to realize being heretical in the respect of Christ's church is going contrary to the teachings of Christ not those of Paul or someone else. That's exactly what you're doing and trust me, even if you don't end up in hell for that if you don't repent, there were still many things you stand to lose here on this earth. As for your claims of Kathryn Kulman making errors, I wouldn't dispute that because I also believe Paul made errors in his theology, but that doesn't negate the fact that regardless they were both true servants of God.
The fact remains that God doesn't use women to lead His people in the Church, home or civil positions. Even when the bible speak on women ruling in Isaiah 3:12, it isn't in a positive tune and as a matter of fact to spite men because none was worthy of holding and charging forth this responsibility so it's a shame to them, as some say, and I also say I see the same happening currently in this present culture if I'm being honest.
Historically, there are no women preachers/bishop or any Church authoritative office in church history from the times of the Apostles down until the 19th century which changed due to the rise of women's right.

Before you go up and down declaring heretic to a context you don't know how to use and showing forth your further ignorance to scripture by saying Paul had problems in his theology, this is my advice to you. I don't know if the OP is your mentor or it's the same person as you but if he is, desist from him.
1. Read and study the bible as the whole counsel and authoritative word of God.
2. If there is a place you encounter in scripture you have problems with, the problem is not the text but you, this is where prayer comes into play, for God to open your heart and mind to understand and fully grasp its meaning.
3. I would advise to go to a good Church that holds the bible in its proper understanding as the whole counsel of God and mostly to fellowship with like minded believers.
4. Read good Christian books (I for one, enjoy reading the Puritans, Reformers and sometimes the early Church Fathers amongst others). For a personal deep study, get good commentaries and also lexicon, this will help deepen your understanding of Scripture as you study them.
5. If you want to understand, what is taught in the Church and to hold on to a good doctrine, go read up on the Church History, Theology, and Hermeuneutics.
This is what I can think of right now, you can get most of them free online and I'm sure it will be helpful to you especially in times like these where the prince of the power of this age is working overtime in spreading lies not just in the culture and media through the sons of disobedience but some is also invading the Church through erroneous teaching such as these you have advocated thus far.
If you want to learn, I can try the best I can to help, but if you continue in this ignorant talks, well, you're on your own.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 12:01am On Apr 09
For you to quote all the versions and still not realize the gravity of your error and heresy is astonishing. Is the church not the disciples of Christ and wherever they are gathered? Is it now evangelism to deliver a message from Christ to His disciples? The depth of your ignorance and spiritual blindness is mind-boggling. Even in the temple women were speaking what God revealed to them before Christ came, how much more in His church after He had emancipated them from the curse of sin? Luke 2:36-38. The idea of women not speaking in the temple or church did not come from God, Christ, or even anyone else in the Bible but Paul. You can prove me wrong by stating anywhere else in the Bible where such a thing was written. You even had to resort to lies that it had to do with pastoral office despite knowing fully well it had nothing to do that to show how far you would go to defend this heretic, anti-women, antichrist teaching of Paul. I mean, how could someone not see how glaring it it, when he specifically stated that if women want to learn anything, they should ask their husband at home for it's a shame for women to speak in the church. Is it people now with pastoral offices that want to learn things and ask others questions in church instead of giving answers and teaching others? Imagine writing off Deborah's exemplary leadership of Israel just because it goes against Paul's erroneous teachings. How about Mariam who was third in command when Moses was in charge.
I feel deep pity for you allowing your deeply-rooted blind sentiments for apostle Paul to completely becloud your good sense of judgement. Is Paul now your God that principles ordained by God Himself, you now think Paul can just singlehandedly overrule?
God strategically chose Deborah to lead His own people to establish the fact that a woman can also lead His people, but you rubbished what God did because of Paul.
Jesus Himself set an example and a precedent for His church to follow by sending a woman to preach His resurrection message in the church but you thrash it just because of the blunder concerning women made by apostle Paul in his writings. You willfully reject Christ's teachings and example, yet you think you can correct those who abide by them? You need special deliverance if you could ever think such a thing. My mentor is obviously Christ as you should have already seen by now except for spiritual blindness from how I place His teachings above those of anyone else, including Paul. I don't follow man like you.

GreatAchiever1:

Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him. See, I have told you.”
— Matthew 28:7

But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.”
— Mark 16:7

Now it was Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who told these things to the apostles,
— Luke 24:10

Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”⁠—and that he had said these things to her.
— John 20:17-18

This is what is said in the four gospels, please where was it written that Mary should speak what she has seen in the temple or synagogue.
No one ever said that women should not evangelise or tell people about God, No, because everyone should do that as commanded in scriptures. But the bible has made that it that authoritative position is reserved for men as he ordered in the home, church and civil positions.
God -> Man -> Woman -> Children is the order God has ordained from the beginning since the time of Creation. This is why anytime the Apostle Paul speaks on any authoritative positions/situations, whether its Church leadership, Submission of wives to their husbands, headcoverings etc, he always points to the created order.

First off, as a whole the book of Judges shows how sinful Israel was at that time and were in a state of Judgement by God so we read it in a descriptive way rather than prescriptive.
Deborah was a great woman no doubt about that but she is no model to be used for women to serve in civil or church position as people usually claim.
I can talk about Deborah but let me see if I can highlight some key factors so that you can learn something even though I doubt you would take it, but I hope you do.
1. Deborah is not described in the same manner as the male judges, that is in "saving" Israel.
2. The bible didn't use the term "the LORD raised up" for Deborah as in the case of some male Judges (Judges 3:9, 15), and also didn't mention that "The Spirit of the Lord" was working in Deborah as he used in several of the Male judges (Judges 3:10; 6:34; 11:29; 13:25; 14:6, 19; 15:14)
3. Deborah judged Israel at a time when Israel did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, (Judges 4:1,4) therefore the context of having a woman as judge was not an ideal situation.
4. Deborah is never held up in Scripture the same was as the other Judges in Israel, she wasn't a ruler but calls herself mother in Israel Judges 5:7.
5. Deborah didn't serve as a military leader which was the primary role of the Judges, Men like Jephthah, Gideon, Samson, were brave military leaders who delivered Israel through warfare, but rather she urged Barak to fight(Judges 4:6-7), we know the story but it shows that Barak fulfilled the military role of a Judge not Deborah. (1 Samuel 12:11, Hebrews 11:32).

I agreed to the fact that I made an oversight of which you pointed me to my error, I took the correction and corrected myself, this is not the first time I'm wrong on something neither I'm sure would it be the last, but I'm always ready to take correction if necessary as the bible says.
The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
— Proverbs 15:31-32
But your problem is you don't take correction, you are not ready to learn but still hold on to heretical doctrine that Apostle Paul thought something contrary to what Jesus taught. This is why you will not grow in your spiritual sanctification and knowledge because you are not ready to learn, and no Christian that understands the bible will ever take you serious if you ever say such to their hearings.

The fact remains that God doesn't use women to lead His people in the Church, home or civil positions. Even when the bible speak on women ruling in Isaiah 3:12, it isn't in a positive tune and as a matter of fact to spite men because none was worthy of holding and charging forth this responsibility so it's a shame to them, as some say, and I also say I see the same happening currently in this present culture if I'm being honest.
Historically, there are no women preachers/bishop or any Church authoritative office in church history from the times of the Apostles down until the 19th century which changed due to the rise of women's right.

Before you go up and down declaring heretic to a context you don't know how to use and showing forth your further ignorance to scripture by saying Paul had problems in his theology, this is my advice to you. I don't know if the OP is your mentor or it's the same person as you but if he is, desist from him.
1. Read and study the bible as the whole counsel and authoritative word of God.
2. If there is a place you encounter in scripture you have problems with, the problem is not the text but you, this is where prayer comes into play, for God to open your heart and mind to understand and fully grasp its meaning.
3. I would advise to go to a good Church that holds the bible in its proper understanding as the whole counsel of God and mostly to fellowship with like minded believers.
4. Read good Christian books (I for one, enjoy reading the Puritans, Reformers and sometimes the early Church Fathers amongst others). For a personal deep study, get good commentaries and also lexicon, this will help deepen your understanding of Scripture as you study them.
5. If you want to understand, what is taught in the Church and to hold on to a good doctrine, go read up on the Church History, Theology, and Hermeuneutics.
This is what I can think of right now, you can get most of them free online and I'm sure it will be helpful to you especially in times like these where the prince of the power of this age is working overtime in spreading lies not just in the culture and media through the sons of disobedience but some is also invading the Church through erroneous teaching such as these you have advocated thus far.
If you want to learn, I can try the best I can to help, but if you continue in this ignorant talks, well, you're on your own.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 7:10pm On Apr 09
atheistconverta:
For you to quote all the versions and still not realize the gravity of your error and heresy is astonishing. Is the church not the disciples of Christ and wherever they are gathered? Is it now evangelism to deliver a message from Christ to His disciples? The depth of your ignorance and spiritual blindness is mind-boggling. Even in the temple women were speaking what God revealed to them before Christ came, how much more in His church after He had emancipated them from the curse of sin? Luke 2:36-38. The idea of women not speaking in the temple or church did not come from God, Christ, or even anyone else in the Bible but Paul. You can prove me wrong by stating anywhere else in the Bible where such a thing was written. You even had to resort to lies that it had to do with pastoral office despite knowing fully well it had nothing to do that to show how far you would go to defend this heretic, anti-women, antichrist teaching of Paul. I mean, how could someone not see how glaring it it, when he specifically stated that if women want to learn anything, they should ask their husband at home for it's a shame for women to speak in the church. Is it people now with pastoral offices that want to learn things and ask others questions in church instead of giving answers and teaching others? Imagine writing off Deborah's exemplary leadership of Israel just because it goes against Paul's erroneous teachings. How about Mariam who was third in command when Moses was in charge.
I feel deep pity for you allowing your deeply-rooted blind sentiments for apostle Paul to completely becloud your good sense of judgement. Is Paul now your God that principles ordained by God Himself, you now think Paul can just singlehandedly overrule?
God strategically chose Deborah to lead His own people to establish the fact that a woman can also lead His people, but you rubbished what God did because of Paul.
Jesus Himself set an example and a precedent for His church to follow by sending a woman to preach His resurrection message in the church but you thrash it just because of the blunder concerning women made by apostle Paul in his writings. You willfully reject Christ's teachings and example, yet you think you can correct those who abide by them? You need special deliverance if you could ever think such a thing. My mentor is obviously Christ as you should have already seen by now except for spiritual blindness from how I place His teachings above those of anyone else, including Paul. I don't follow man like you.

Let's not even use the term temple because as we are aware the temple veil was torn when Christ died on the cross so what we have now is known as Church.
But that being said, I'm done with this discussion with you on female preachers, if you want to hold on to that, fine, do you. But this stupid ignorant talk of Apostle Paul teaching something that is heretical and antichrist speak so poor of you because it clearly shows you lack understanding, rebellious and you're very ill-mannered . Only God knows where you worship or who you learn from (and don't even dare say the Holy Spirit because He won't say Apostle Paul teach heresy and antichrist) because your doctrine and your words are so unorthodox.
Even people who defend the notion of female preachers won't even dare to say such of a biblical Apostle.
And because the words you speak is not the words of someone who believes the Bible is sufficient and inerrant, I'm done with this discussion.
As Christ says to those whom he reveals himself to and sends,
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”
— John 13:20

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 9:16am On Apr 10
GreatAchiever1:

Let's not even use the term temple because as we are aware the temple veil was torn when Christ died on the cross so what we have now is known as Church.
But that being said, I'm done with this discussion with you on female preachers, if you want to hold on to that, fine, do you. But this stupid ignorant talk of Apostle Paul teaching something that is heretical and antichrist speak so poor of you because it clearly shows you lack understanding, rebellious and you're very ill-mannered . Only God knows where you worship or who you learn from (and don't even dare say the Holy Spirit because He won't say Apostle Paul teach heresy and antichrist) because your doctrine and your words are so unorthodox.
Even people who defend the notion of female preachers won't even dare to say such of a biblical Apostle.
And because the words you speak is not the words of someone who believes the Bible is sufficient and inerrant, I'm done with this discussion.
As Christ says to those whom he reveals himself to and sends,
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”
— John 13:20
You keep saying you're done but keep coming back to spill your antichrist thrash on this thread. It's utter foolishness to think, receiving someone Jesus sends also means making them take place of Jesus in one's life. Being called, sent or chosen never makes them masters or lord but just servants, hence Jesus telling them not to let themselves to be called masters or rabbi, because only Christ is Master, every one of them is a mere servant and brother regardless, and that is in the respect of Christ Word! But here you are exalting Paul not just a your master but also your lord and your god just because he was called, that you possibly believe he has the right to overrule Christ's commandments and example concerning women speaking in the church. It's so shameful you can't see that you have made an idol of Paul and are bowing down and worshipping him as the Catholics do of Mary just because she was chosen of God,, but you're too spiritually blind to see it also. What you should know though is that the same teachings and example of Christ which you knowingly reject today so you would embrace the ideas, doctrines and traditions of men which suit your beliefs, would be used against you on the day of judgement if you don't repent.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 10:45am On Apr 10
atheistconverta:
You keep saying you're done but keep coming back to spill your antichrist thrash on this thread. It's utter foolishness to think, receiving someone Jesus sends also means making them take place of Jesus in one's life. Being called, sent or chosen never makes them masters or lord but just servants, hence Jesus telling them not to let themselves to be called masters or rabbi, because only Christ is Master, every one of them is a mere servant and brother regardless, and that is in the respect of Christ Word! But here you are exalting Paul not just a your master but also your lord and your god just because he was called, that you possibly believe he has the right to overrule Christ's commandments and example concerning women speaking in the church. It's so shameful you can't see that you have made an idol of Paul and are bowing down and worshipping him as the Catholics do of Mary just because she was chosen of God,, but you're too spiritually blind to see it also. What you should know though is that the same teachings and example of Christ which you knowingly reject today so you would embrace the ideas, doctrines and traditions of men which suit your beliefs, would be used against you on the day of judgement if you don't repent.

Oga, where did you learn to go against Apostle Paul's teaching??

Isn't his teachings in tandem with the Lord Jesus Christ words?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by GreatAchiever1: 2:57pm On Apr 10
Jokerman:

The guy is just a troll, I did mistake to try to reason with him, he's just unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 3:04pm On Apr 10
Jokerman:

Where did you learn to reject Jesus teachings and example concerning women speaking in the church? From Paul right?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10
atheistconverta:
Where did you learn to reject Jesus teachings and example concerning women speaking in the church? From Paul right?

Don't be annoyed Sir....

Where did St Paul reject Jesus teachingd concerning women?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10
GreatAchiever1:

The guy is just a troll, I did mistake to try to reason with him, he's just unreasonable.

Probably
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 3:11pm On Apr 10
GreatAchiever1:

Ya'll are the swine and dogs Jesus warned us not to cast our pearls and holy things before. Imagine how you've thrashed Christ's teaching and example about women speaking in the church, that would have helped you stop ignorantly preaching such heresies about women if you really wanted to learn. Next time keep your antichrist beliefs in the thrash can where they belong.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 3:24pm On Apr 10
Jokerman:

Don't be annoyed Sir....

Where did St Paul reject Jesus teachingd concerning women?
If up til now you still don't know where he did that despite having shown you numerous times, it means the depth of your spiritual blindness is beyond my comprehension, so you will never be able to see it despite how glaring it is even if I show you again. It's only God that could help you at this point so humble yourself in prayer to God and sincerely ask Him to show you where it is Himself.
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by Jokerman(m): 5:20pm On Apr 10
atheistconverta:

If up til now you still don't know where he did that despite having shown you numerous times, it means the depth of your spiritual blindness is beyond my comprehension, so you will never be able to see it despite how glaring it is even if I show you again. It's only God that could help you at this point so humble yourself in prayer to God and sincerely ask Him to show you where it is Himself.

Why didn't Jesus use a woman amongst his 12? Or Jesus doesn't respect women?
Re: Who First Saw Jesus After His Resurrection? by atheistconverta: 8:44pm On Apr 10
Jokerman:

Why didn't Jesus use a woman amongst his 12? Or Jesus doesn't respect women?
Why did Jesus make women speak in His church if he doesn't respect women, yet you chose to accept the heretic antichrist/anti-women teaching of Paul that a woman shouldn't speak in the church over what Jesus taught?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo / Where to buy Maca Root Powder, Sea salt, Oregano, Rosemary in Lagos State. / "Jesus Is" By Clayton Jennings. Spoken Word Lyrics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.