Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem (700 Views)

When There's Conflict In The Family What Role Do You Play As A Child? / Which Insecticide (fleet) Has Worked For You Against Mosquitoes At Home / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2022
I don't know if it's only me sha, but everyday I keep wondering, apart from biting and sucking the human skin and blood, what usefulness are mosquitoes to the balancing of the ecosystem. We're they just created to be a pest to humans or what? Cos left for me, I do not see any verifiable reason why God would create such evil organism to coexist with Man whom He said He loves and created in His own image.

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by advanceDNA: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2022
DaveHarry:
I don't know if it's only me sha, but everyday I keep wondering, apart from biting and sucking the human skin and blood, what usefulness are mosquitoes to the balancing of the ecosystem. We're they just created to be a pest to humans or what? Cos left for me, I do not see any verifiable reason why God would create such evil organism to coexist with Man whom He said He loves and created in His own image.

They play the role of balance.

.they spread disease...
disease cause death..
.death is balance in the ecosystem

They are also prey in the food chain to small reptiles

7 Likes

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by illicit(m): 8:20am On Apr 20, 2022
Na just to bite bite bite

How come Noah let them into his Ark

1 Like

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by alphaNomega: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2022
They're food for animals like spiders, geckos and lizards
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Shedrack777: 8:26am On Apr 20, 2022
they're very useful. they make dress properly, sleep properly
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by AjiBussu(m): 8:35am On Apr 20, 2022
If not for them, people that produce anti mosquitoe medicines and the likes will be out of business. So nothing is absolutely useless. ( Not even N*g*r*an galz grin)

1 Like

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Zonefree(m): 8:47am On Apr 20, 2022
I still wonder why God created mosquitoes.

It's more noble to live with a Nigerian girl than to live with mosquitoes.

1 Like

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 9:04am On Apr 20, 2022
Zonefree:
I still wonder why God created mosquitoes.

It's more noble to live with a Nigerian girl than to live with mosquitoes.
I tell u. I hate that sound they make around someone's ears. I no even know d purpose of that useless sound.
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by ifex370(m): 9:45am On Apr 20, 2022
Wickedness
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by LogicBomb8: 10:48am On Apr 20, 2022
alphaNomega:
They're food for animals like spiders, geckos and lizards
That means the spiders and geckos are nt going their job well the population no dey balanced at all
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Ginaz(f): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
use mosquito net. grin
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ginaz:
use mosquito net. grin
They tear d net.
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Beremx(f): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
They help you to slap yourself when no one slaps you

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Cousin9999: 5:18am On Apr 21, 2022
Pollination. Food (for various animals).

1 Like

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Arsenate(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2022
To make folks miserable, the bastardds.
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Mariangeles(f): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2022
Arsenate:
To make folks miserable, the bastardds.

With a moniker like yours, mosquitoes gat nothing on you.

Op, imagine if they could spread HIV or other deadly viruses... lipsrsealed
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by ZeroOneTribe: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2022
You should have googled this, lots of economic importance.
Their lava (young ones) for instance are food for plankton, plankton are food for small fishes and prawns, and they in turn are food for bigger fishes.

A certain county in the US fumigated their environment against mosquitos, suddenly all the fishes in their river disappeared.

3 Likes

Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

With a moniker like yours, mosquitoes gat nothing on you.

Op, imagine if they could spread HIV or other deadly viruses... lipsrsealed
God for no get am easy with me.
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
ZeroOneTribe:

A certain county in the US fumigated their environment against mosquitos, suddenly all the fishes in their river disappeared.
Stories....
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by Mariangeles(f): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
DaveHarry:

God for no get am easy with me.

Who you be na? cheesy
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by DaveHarry(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Who you be na? cheesy
I'm God's servant. As in I would be asking him questions everyday as to why. As a servant not bad to ask the Master a particular question each day.
Re: What Functional Role Do Mosquitoes Play In The Earth's Ecosystem by complexBoss12: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Mosquitoes are said to have negative economic value. This means that on their own, their actions are negative but economically helpful.

Mosquitoes cause malaria, which means you have to get medications. Pharmaceutical companies produce these things and make money,which helps the economy.

From production to distribution and everything concerning Malaria, there has to be over a 20m people (not official stat), whose feeding and well being depend on that tiny insect.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I’m Dying Please Don’t Ignore Me �� / My Fridge Is Rustling Really Bad. / 5 Reasons Why You Should Cheat On Him With Another Man That Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.