Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help (48496 Views)

Thief Stabs Young Man To Death In Abuja, Flees With His Bike And Phone (Photos) / Nigerian Man Shoots Wife, Kills Her Mother, Flees With 3-Month-Old Son In US / Man Stabs Best Friend To Death In Niger State, Flees With His Car, Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by dre11(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
By Marie-Therese Nanlong,

A 23-year-old mother of two, identified as Mercy Samuel, has been allegedly killed by her husband, Samuel Matthew, in Jos the Plateau State capital.

Her husband reportedly ripped open her stomach and cut the intestines during a disagreement on Sunday night.

After he disemboweled his wife, Mr. Samuel fled with his wife’s phone so she cannot call for help. She was discovered and taken to hospital on Monday morning.

The deceased lived with the husband along the Vom Road in Jos South Local Government Area of Plateau State.

She was rushed to the Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos, where she died on Wednesday.

How it happened

The State Project Officer, Women’s Right Advancement and Protection Alternative, WRAPA, Jummai Madaki, who was trying to get support for the late Mercy before her demise, asked all people of goodwill to rise and ensure justice for the deceased.

Madaki explained: “There had been some violence against her in the past, as confirmed by her family but the husband’s family denied any violence.

“The man ripped open her tummy, removed her intestine and cut it before he disappeared with her phone, so she could not call for help.

“They live in a small apartment, so I wonder why no one heard her scream. We were told help did not come until the early hours of Monday, when she was rushed to the hospital and was placed on oxygen.

“An informant called my attention to the incident and we raise the alarm. Surprisingly, the matter was not reported to the Police.

“We were told by her parents that even as recent as last year, she was home due to some issues but the husband’s people came to beg and she went back.”

Commissioner assures of justice

The state’s Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Rebecca Sambo, who also visited the deceased family house in Gyel, Jos South, expressed sadness over the incident and assured the family that the matter would not be swept under the carpet.

She stated that “The Police has been informed and action has commenced, ensuring the young girl gets justice.”

She advised women to speak out once they sense any danger in their marriages and not give themselves over to be killed by violent husbands.

The commissioner also directed women to approach the Gender Desks in Police Stations and report gender-based violence to the Desk Officers.

Pic 1: Late Mrs Mercy Samuel

Pic 2: Her mother and two children.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/man-disembowels-23-yr-old-wife-flees-with-her-phone-so-she-cant-call-for-help/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by illicit(m): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
shocked
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by falcon01: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yooo! Wtf!

4 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by LeoDeKing: 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Which kind thing be dis again? angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Righteousness2(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Evil, lawlessness, abominations and Wickedness have taken a premium Dimension and Frequency in these Endtimes.

Apostle Paul talked about Perilous times in the last days. But I tell you, the days in which we live is perilous times on steroids.

The Coming of JESUS Christ is upon us.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by ModeEbo(m): 10:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Bad eggs everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by LILTJAY1: 10:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
Only death penalty will reduce crime in this country

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by thorpido(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
Really,where is all these anger and viciousness coming from?
They must have said I love and care about you at a point.smh

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by decatalyst(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
This is evil at its premium!

What kind of dastardly act is this?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
angry
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by VladimirPutiin(m): 12:12am On Apr 21, 2022
Some of the things I read these days makes me cringe in fear. Like WTF did I just read ??

16 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by ihatebuhari(f): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2022
Evil country

2 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by starbuck(f): 1:11am On Apr 21, 2022
With all these social vices emanating from social media, it's really affecting my mental health cry cry

SOCIAL MEDIA IS GETTING TOXIC

16 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by okrikaboi: 5:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Where is the disemboweled wife?
Where is the picture angry?
Wack journalism!

1 Like

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 21, 2022
This is why I dislike Nigerian journalism and reporting. Most of their reports were always gotten via NAN portals which in turn likely get it from over the phone calls.
Where is the pics of the husband for God's sake? Who knows he is in somewhere in lagos, doing okada business and ready to take another wife? And same thing repeats it's self? They will never always get the picture of the criminals but always the victims. Nonsense.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by 1869bm: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2022
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by SNEFF: 7:11am On Apr 21, 2022
yoo, the world is filled with so many cold hearted peeps.. rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Valkrie: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2022
The question we should be asking is what did the woman do to the husband to warrant such action?

No husband would just wake up and attack the wife he married for nothing...!!

If one investigate properly it could be the woman have been sleeping around and have even slept with some of the husnands friends....!!

Nothing brings out the beast in a man like such attitude...!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 21, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Only death penalty will reduce crime in this country
Nope improving our security set up urgently.
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by aycorporat(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2022
Wait!
Was it this same woman I watched the video on Facebook when a good samaritan trailed her home while she was speaking incoherent words?

I thought it was settled then between husband and wife.
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by McGg: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2022
How people kill people makes me wonder

1 Like

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Fashionista01(f): 8:37am On Apr 21, 2022
Killing in marriages is getting worse by the day.

Choose wisely in order to stay safe.

Involving yourself in a toxic relationship, is more or less a suicide mission.

Spouse look before you marry a beast.

May her soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by Gkemz: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2022
The world is wicked. Any man that beats you during relationship will kill you in marriage. But unfortunately our ladies don't pay close attention to this redflag because of their obsession to material gains. Money is good but not the one that will turn you to a punching bag awaiting your burial day.

4 Likes

Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by PrintandDesign: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2022
Righteousness2:
Evil, lawlessness, abominations and Wickedness have taken a premium Dimension and Frequency in these Endtimes.

Apostle Paul talked about Perilous times in the last days. But I tell you, the day in which we live is perilous times on steroids.

The Coming of JESUS Christ is upon us.
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by fasho01(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2022
This is sad. No matter what the disagreement was cry
Re: Man Disembowels Wife In Jos, Flees With Her Phone So She Can’t Call For Help by SecretReporter(f): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2022
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Buries Goat Alive On His Brother's Land In Anambra (Photos, Video) / FBI Declares Nigerian Wanted For $5 Million Email Scam / Fulani Herdsmen Go On Reprisal Attack In Nasarawa, Kill Many (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.