Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? (24002 Views)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked / My Job Is Ruining My Family / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by BananaPeel(m): 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

What do you think I can do please mature minds. I'll be 29 by June.

Get a nurse and fall in love with...
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by toxtimmy: 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
Dude....if you like what you doing then you have no problem.... seems the past girlfriends are the wrong ones... there are women out there that will stand with you and by you.

Don't be afraid to ask women screening questions you intend to date, questions like what do you think of dating a doctor working crazy shift?...do they like cooking and washing dishes or doing laundry?, apart from your beauty what else can you bring into a relationship? etc.

Honestly think of this for a minute, there are tons of well brought up ladies doing cleaning, laundry, cooking, taking care of people or children jobs for minimum pay... what I'm trying to say is there are tons of women that will do all this for a great loving bf or husband with joy while the sing your praises everyday for helping to save lives.

I have dated two doctors one in Brooklyn and Minnesota...they both work crazy hours, the Brooklyn doctor shared her schedule with me and gave me time when she is free, only reason it ended was because of medical reasons...the Minnesota surgeon was great but ended as she does not want kids.

To summarize as far as you know what you want and can express it in a collobarative way while staying true to yourself then you have no problem... but remember nothing good happens to those who don't leave the house.

Make sure you have time for yourself to focus on you.

Scapula112:
Hello nairalanders, I'm an old user of this forum just wanna remain anonymous. Please my career is not making me be in a relationship with any lady, all the Ladies I've dated in the past all complain of one thing which is time.

I'm a second year neurosurgical resident here in new Jersey prior to my residency in this program, I was a medical officer whose job Is not more demanding , I had a girlfriend who's always complaining of me not being there for her tho I give her money and always visiting her if I'm on shift even though I got limited time to prepare for a medical board exam to get into residency (USMLE) those know about the exam knows how crazy it was, a three steps examination.

She broke up with me for a guy she always call her friend..the heart break almost cost me my step 2 CK, life goes on. Here am I in neurosurgery, my first day was like hell imagine being in the O.R for 16 hrs straight without seeing the sun because they brought multiple patients who sustained brain injury during a road accident, I nearly cried, to my chief of surgery ..An attending surgeon it's like nothing I almost regretted being there and not going to family medicine or internal medicine.

This has made me so awful that if see me you'll think I'm a mad man...is either I'm in the O.R or I'm sleeping no time for family, Cinema, vacation, the girl Ioved has left me all because of time. I make money i don't have time to spend, money is now useless to me because there is no time to look after myself ..in the next 1hr I'll be in the middle of a surgery. It's just crazy, is this how I'll spend the rest of my life? No woman? It's frustrating .

Last week i collapsed in the middle of a surgery because we just finished removing a tumor In the right part of the brain barely two hours, I was sleeping when I got an urgent call to report to the O.R ... I'm now regretting choosing this program. Can a lady love a guy whose everyday life is like this? I think not.

2 Likes

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by lasheun: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
Work more for like a year,save enough money then resign and get a life.
And after marriage and having about two children, then you can go back if possible or go into a businesses that would afford you enough Time for family.
Scapula112:

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
Ginaz:

a lady like me can love, communication matters to me and the fact that we can hang around once in a while . dont give up, you gonna meet the love of your life soon.

If you want to shoot your shots, do it with your full chest. Stop going through the corners undecided

Una don hear surgeon wey get money come dey NJ, una tentacles don rise undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
kokolowar:
so sorry about this. but you can dm me sha, I dont mind a busy man in a noble profession. it will get better. one trick is to find someone also in the medical field, e.g a nurse. They'll be very understanding i'm sure

grin

I like you. You dey shoot shots directly. Although Na because the dude get "noble profession" but it's your choice.

Please can we have more ladies like this?

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
davillian:

Nigerian girl
What's her business with your presence just give her money finish

grin grin grin

Something is telling me you're apostle Mosdii's disciple.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by moiaimi(f): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

find someone who is busy and okay with long distant relationship. You self you need to rest
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by addexx: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Passion for life made me a surgeon, it's just crazy it will be at the expenses of my personal life.

Bro I feel you. But I'm sure you were quite aware of all the sacrifices becoming a neurosurgeon would cost you. You won't be a resident forever. I'd just say strongly you stay off having a serious relationship for now. You're still young for a man at 29. Or if you must have a relationship then let it be with someone who understands you and what you are about and still choses to stay. Don't have a scarcity mindset. There are lots of beautiful women who wouldn't mind your busy schedule and would wanna work it out with you.... Forget the others.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by juanmiguel: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Just date your colleague
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by wumi2017(f): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
It's well with you my dear,, remember, a girl that truly and genuinely loves you wl appreciate your profession and stick by you don't be in a haste.. don't forget to be relaxing too ( emi ise gun ju emi eniyan lol).
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Zaheertyler(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Hello bros
Carry me go this New Jersey na Biko
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by bigfrancis21: 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Balance in life is really important. I can't say this enough. You can't live your entire life like this because there is a lot to life. If you do, you will lose out on so many important life events, and when you live your life like this, life will pass you by so fast that before you know it you are old one day and you would realize that you've barely lived nor enjoyed life.

My advice to you? Find another division or job or career within medicine that gives you free time to better explore other aspects of life.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Myke99: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Some people no just get problems for this life. See wetin Dey bother you.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Dymaco(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Thanks for this piece ma'am.
Date a nurse, med lab, medical students or anyone in health profession. Trust me, you will find your missing ribs. Only then can understand your plight. During your break time, move over to their blocks. Sit and observe.

You can never be too busy for yourself. Plan your time according to your shifts. Remember that factory workers in Nigeria work from 8am to 5pm Monday to Saturday with low pay yet many have successful relationship
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by deltateam: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
StPete:
You're making a mountain out of a mole, what will you now say about soldiers who go for months or even years without having a single time for family or relationship. Find a babe that also has a similar busy schedule and see how you both can blend up

Oga you are wicked o. He needs a balance. If he marries someone as busy as him and babies start coming. Who will take care of them?

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Goldbw122(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2022
Saintmary:

Mr Man, calm down, take a break and rest properly. Yup, it may not be easy but find a way to get some few hours.

As for relationships, see, you're not missing anything, take your time and you'll find someone who will understand you. Don't rush okay?

All the best.
I love that line
you're not missing anything, take your time and you'll find someone who will understand you
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Goldbw122(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Leave your job.. Chase after women okay.. Woman are everything..
Then you will be the one to give him money when he need the cash okk.. cheesy grin grin
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by StPete: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
deltateam:

Oga you are wicked o. He needs a balance. If he marries someone as busy as him and babies start coming. Who will take care of them?

Do you prefer him to get a woman who would die of loneliness because of his unavailability? That could also lead her to cheat. His best bet like I said, is to get someone with an equally busy schedule who understands what it also means
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by ledaman: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
First of all, you have chosen a wonderful profession, which most successful or career ladies would want to associate with. Forget your nonsense girlfriend that left you because you have no time for her. Apart from her body that she gives you, what else does she brings to the relationship? Imagine you have her time with no money involved, she would still leave you. Love is built on understanding and perseverance. Enjoy your job a wonderful and faithful lady would come your way. Good luck Bro.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by davedoe: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Guy it is simple just make ur Moni and plan to resign from any job within a stipulated year u will still find girl no matter what infact make enough money to sustain you for life if u focus on one mumu girl I pity you just come down to Nigeria and you will get one beautiful girl infact come my village u go see nice babes wey go marry you. I wish say I get brain to do medicine make I be like you chai this my coconut head just big for nothing grin wink
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Supermajor(m): 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Just look for sweet fine nurse for ur the hospital, dt one go understand u better
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Aarenasbaba(m): 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Freedom is very important too ooooo, how I go get money wey I no go fit spend
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by deltateam: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
StPete:

Do you prefer him to get a woman who would die of loneliness because of his unavailability? That could also lead her to cheat. His best bet like I said, is to get someone with an equally busy schedule who understands what it also means

A woman who will cheat will cheat. Busy or not.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by achimendy(m): 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Mumu pikin, u better focus on your studies o.

If na woman dey hungry you live the school then.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

I can totally relate to what you are going through, as a fellow surgeon but not in your area of specialization, it's not an easy thing. You need an understanding lady who will support and pray for you, and not someone nagging the shit out of you.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Veryfied: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Thanks sir, I can't leave my career for a woman. Only a fool will do such especially a rewarding and a demanding career like neurosurgery or other surgical specialty, my specialty is the hardest to get into any where in the world, my hospital accept two neurosurgical residents each year to know how hard it is, what I just need is companionship and I'll do as you say. Thanks sir
Companionship and probably sex.
Anyways for every problem there's always a solution. You should probably go for a lady who has an equally demanding career so there isn't much vacuum left for her to leave you for another man. Perhaps you two could move in together whenever the question of spending more time together pops up.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
Wo scapula112, what you need now are kids okay. Forget romantic relationships if you still wanna remain in your field of expertise. Just give one women belle once or twice. Fine, she may divorce you and demand child(ren) support. Gladly pay it. When your kids get older, they'll appreciate all you've done and love you more. I don't think their mother will teach them to hate you though.

So when you get older, at least you'll have kids to cheer you up, and maybe a fat pension.

Also ask other male neurosurgeons you work with how they manage their lives. Hopefully, they are not racists undecided (I assume you're black).

All in all, do whatever you think you can to make yourself happy.

God bless.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Uncleodi(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

Look for a female colleague in another department, that's your best bet.
I perfectly understand how you feel
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by davillian(m): 6:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
DaveDGreat:

grin grin grin

Something is telling me you're apostle Mosdii's disciple.
grin

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Kantic(m): 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please can I email you?

I'm a medical student and would appreciate your counsel
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? by Christian07(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2022
Scapula112:

I have a friend that is close to 30yr in Nigeria still in his father’s house he made a funny video that he doesn’t have more than one month chasing girls e even referred them as b****** I think dem done do my guy strong tin so funny .

And you are here complaining you are jst 29 you better make more Ps and attend church often

Calm still (kisses teeth)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24 Federal Permanent Secretaries For Sack - TheEagleOnline / PHOTOS: Meet Benny Eigbe, Beautiful Nigerian Female Painter / I Am Worried My O'level Isn't Good Enough For My Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.