Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked (49439 Views)

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. / Photo Of A Disabled Man Plastering A Wall That Shows Nobody Should Beg For Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by TheDemola: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2023
As seen on twitter.

A man narrated how he mistakenly threw away a wall gecko seen in his American girlfriend's house and it cost him his job and the relationship.

So let me tell you how I lost my job after 4 months back in 2018. I had just been employed in an NGO & my boss was a White lady called Ms. Charlotte from Florida. It wasn't long before she took a liking to me. She'd tell my colleagues he wants them to "have initiative like T."

One time she invited me to a restaurant for coffee after work. Said she liked my drive. I said "It's all Jesus, ma'am!" Asked where I got my muscles from, I said my papa. 3rd month, we were practically meeting daily.

She'd call me to her office & hand me cake pieces she'd made the previous night. She called them all sorts of names, "Tres Leches Cake, chiffon cake". The only tasty things I'd known by then were street buns. I was gone gone. Finally someone was seeing my worth.

End of 3rd month, we became an item. she'd said she liked a man that takes charge. To which I'd said, "it runs in our family. My grandfather was a chief." She was overjoyed. Started telling how we'd make a cute couple. Mentally & emotionally, I was in America brethren!

On the last Friday of that month, she called me in the morning. Told me she wanted to host me for dinner. But since the staff'd be breaking early for the day, she wanted me to proceed to her house, & she'd come after 3 hours as she had a review meeting...

She specifically said, "Feel free, move around. Take charge, it's our house now!" Handed me the house keys. I'd been to her place before to deliver a few office items but had never been inside. It would be a first. I was crying & laughing all the way in the uber.

I get there at about 2 pm. Neighbors look at me suspiciously as I let myself in but I didn't care. I would soon be in Florida, America. It didn't matter. I open the door, and inside is a cozy mansionette. Wooden Maasai's on the table, dusty artwork on the walls...

Hanging photos on frames. I see my father & mother-in-law waving from the portraits. I wave back. Good people. After a drink, I decide to make myself busy. First, I was going to clean the dust off the frames, and cobwebs. I wanted her to know she was getting husband material

I set about the chore. Caught a few roaches swept them out. Caught a hideous gecko peeping from behind a frame on the wall, and flung it outside. I set about prepping a smoothie. Even my accent had changed. When I sneezed, I said, "bleiss you!" to myself.

After 3 hours, I heard her car engine. She comes in, she's flabbergasted. "Oh, T! My house is so clean! How could you have possibly done this in 2 hours?" I feign modesty, tell her its nothing. She settles in the kitchen, and grills some beef as we talk & laugh. We were happy.

After eating, we cuddle. Watch 'Midnight in Paris'. Was a lovely night, brethren. But the devil, my people! The devil cannot let the son of man breathe in Nairobi. While in the middle of then movie, Charlotte starts fidgeting, looking around. I say, "what's wrong, baby?"

She says, "Penelope! I can't see, Penelope!" I say, what do you mean, you can't see Penelope. Who is Penelope? She doesn't answer me, jumps up, starts turning the sofa cushions over. While mumbling, "OMG! Penelope, where are you?" I'm trying to be helpful, I ask is it a doll?

She says, no. It's her pet. "But I hadn't seen any cat or dog when I come in," I say indignantly. Charlotte says Penelope likes to hide: "Lizards do that!" Brethren, I couldn't breathe. America was fading right before my eyes. Penelope was the ugly gecko I flung outside.

I say, "Baby, please sit down. Can we talk?". She says no, we must find Penelope 1st. So I say, "Baby, there are been a serious mistaking", the grammar & accent were gone. My throat was dry, "I threw Penelope outside. I thought she was a regular gecko". Charlotte stood aghast.

She said she didn't think I was that kind of a man, "who does that to such a cute, harmless creature?!" I said, it's what we did where I came from. I also pointed out that she told me to be free & take charge. I also wanted to add that Penelope was not exactly a beauty queen...

But held my mouth. It was not the time. She was wailing by then. Calling me a murderer. I didn't know what to do, so I ran out, man. Next Monday, I was called to the office. Given my marching orders. Animal cruelty was not a brand they wished to be associated with.

I heard that Penelope was found. She came back after a while. Only problem was she didn't have one leg. A bird had eaten it. But she cost me my job. And my American dream. And I never thought I'd hold a grudge against a gecko, but I hope I never find her.

https://twitter.com/XivTroy/status/1673719745567154184?t=R2yBHyBrdcNQOoXnbSMsCw&s=19

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by TheDemola: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2023

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Cassandraloius: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2023
American girls with attitude na 5 and 6.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by talented321: 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2023
According to Erriga 'any thing wey go make me fall no go funny'.
Many white women always think, them dating you is a favour.

'Please you are responsible of whatever u read on social media'

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Karlifate: 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
When the time is up, just pressing toothpaste from the middle of the tube, will "shatter" your relationship.

315 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by JeffreyD1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 28, 2023
Penelope ke grin🤣🤣

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Righteousness2(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
May sound funny but that gecko Was probably more than just an ordinary gecko.

Many may not know this but it is over there you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Gecko are used as messengers in the spiritual realm. They get informations and supply.

Flee fornication, whether in Africa, Europe, America or wherever. It is a destroyer.

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Pandev(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin grin the way he narrate the story just funny. Penelope 🤣🤣

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Pandev(m): 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Righteousness2:

Many may not know this but it over you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.
wọ́n tún ti dé 🙄

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by ManWater: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
Interesting. wink

Many Nigerians no dey take eye see Gecko for house.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Candidlady: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin

Pastor righteousness allow us enjoy this story in peace danAllah

Gecko principalities
Cats principalities
Dog principalities
Rats principalities
Pigeon principalities

Are doves principalities too

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by azeeza(f): 9:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
I was smiling all through. Lol@Penelope

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Magnetic010: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
Cassandraloius:
American girls with attitude na 5 and 6.
Very true I dated an American girl some 2/3 years back. Met my mom and all that we were already planning marriage but we broke up because I said I don’t agree with America threatening to sanction African countries that don’t approve same sex marriage. If you see the vex and annoyance that day, I just open mouth down like wtf why over reacting so much- who send me talk that one, all hell broke loose.

Since that day I swear to they manage our Naija babes and their big belle like that😃😃😃

258 Likes 25 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by TimFisher2: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin

To date, Oyibo girls are not easy, especially the toxic ones that have been in multiple relationships

To serve the devil in his chambers will be much easier and cool compared with these ladies.

But one thing you can take to the bank is if they love you...they will move mountains for you.

Penelope nwa mama indeed! grin

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by brain54(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
This is ridiculously hilarious…

Such a serious story told in a simple and playful manner. But it’s really much more than the humor… it’s deeper.

Penelope why?

I like it… the story that is!

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
White pple are very weird. They abuse humans cos of colour difference but place a very high value on animals nd insects like ants are not left out. This is why we shud always ask questions when we go to a new environment. No go do pass urself

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by SonofGod231: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Emmaxmusic(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2023
Penelope see wetin you do our Naija bros

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Kharol1234: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2023
The wall gecko name be like envelope

Funny story.

19 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by 1Sharon(f): 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2023
🤣

What a coon

This story has to be fake because he types like he doesn't have a Nigerian/african accent.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by N3TRAL: 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
Why do people kill harmless animals?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by AllKnowing: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
How I have managed to keep my relationship thriving with my American girlfriend:

1. All animals are considered human. Even a housefly deserves to live. Don’t get me started on cats or dogs or the hideous looking Armadillo.

2. Treat flowers as you would an immortality elixir. Hold ‘em properly and with great care.

3. Ditch the Nigerian notion that everyone is out to get you. Practice kindness even to that bum at the street corner. It’s imperative.

4. You’ve worked for it, invest heavily in skincare, the gym. What are you being so miserly for?

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Sanguine(f): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2023
🤣🤣🤣

This has to be the most hilarious stuff I have read in a while 😂.

Penelope kwa 😁.
He said a bird had eaten one of it's legs. Penelope is now handicapped, sorry... Leggicapped. 😂 😂

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Reminderz: 7:15am On Jun 29, 2023
This is one of the reasons why we have many mentally unstable Americans... like some people will say trigger happy Americans... they can just wake up and start shooting themselves for no absolutely reason... most are just mentally deranged...

why won't they be when they prefer pets to kids, monogamy/polygamy to homosexuality, consuming junks to healthy food, listening to news meant to brainwash them and the likes smh..

Penelope ko, antelope nii... rubbish

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by DaInferno(m): 7:24am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:

Many may not know this but it over you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Gecko are used as messengers in the spiritual realm. They get informations and supply.

Flee fornication, whether in Africa, Europe, Amrics or wherever. It is a destroyer.
your point exactly? That the gecko which was supposedly the lady's pet prior to meeting T was pre-sent to terminate the ops job?! undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by DaInferno(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2023
ManWater:
Interesting. wink
He'll probably be treating Geckos with some respect thereafter.
on the contrary, I don't think he would. grin

17 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Psady(m): 7:36am On Jun 29, 2023
1Sharon:
🤣

What a coon

This story has to be fake because he types like he doesn't have a Nigerian/african accent.
I think he's from Kenya.

26 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by frankyychiji(f): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2023
TheDemola:
Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

Please move to the right section
Move wetin to FP??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by frankyychiji(f): 7:49am On Jun 29, 2023
DaInferno:
your point exactly? That the gecko which was supposedly the lady's pet prior to meeting T was pre-sent to terminate the ops job?! undecided
A gecko as pet? You too reason am. Fake story it is.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by lolu2019: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2023
frankyychiji:
A gecko as pet? You too reason am. Fake story it is.
it may look fake to u.i don't like people killing them too.they are harmless creatures that eats mosquitoes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Shapeaso: 8:38am On Jun 29, 2023
Wall geckos are monitoring spirit. I hate it like mad. undecided Penelope abi na antelope? cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by SporaD8: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2023
ManWater:
Interesting. wink He'll probably be treating Geckos with some respect thereafter.
You probably missed Op's last sentence!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Diamond Bank Pay Staff? / Blind Mechanic Perfectly Repairing Cars In Abuja (Video) / See The Cute Lookalike Daughter Of Dedicated Female Traffic Warden In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.