Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,178 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions (474 Views)

Altered/tampered Bible Versions, Is It Intentional? / Why You Need To Stay Away From The NIV And Other Bible Versions / Why Do Spiritualist Avoid Certain Foods? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Tekuzukite: 11:44am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairalanders, please what is your take on this?

I am trying to prepare for a talk this weekend. I intend to use Proverbs 18:1 to buttress the point that it is not good to isolate ourselves from people. I wanted use the International Standard Version which says, "Whoever isolates himself pursues selfish ends; he resists all sound advice."

What worried me is that, when I read that same passage from other versions of the Bible, I was confused. In fact, the King James Version portrayed it in a positive light. Should we be worried about the version of the Bible we read?:

King James Bible
Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.

New International Version
An unfriendly person pursues selfish ends and against all sound judgment starts quarrels.

New Living Translation
Unfriendly people care only about themselves; they lash out at common sense.

English Standard Version
Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment.

New King James Version
A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; He rages against all wise judgment.
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Maynman: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Before the real confusion start..
Why don’t you find out the difference between Version and Translation.

Then…. Ask yourself why is niv, kjv and the rest are called VERSIONS. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2022
Meen, the-evil is wicked. See confusion.

Tekuzukite:
Nairalanders, please what is your take on this?

I am trying to prepare for a talk this weekend. I intend to use Proverbs 18:1 to buttress the point that it is not good to isolate ourselves from people. I wanted use the International Standard Version which says, "Whoever isolates himself pursues selfish ends; he resists all sound advice."

Ahan! Before today, did you not have your preferred version?
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Tekuzukite: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Meen, the-evil is wicked. See confusion.

Ahan! Before today, did you not have your preferred version?

I like NKJV, RSV and NIV
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by sonmvayina(m): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
All of them in short ..

Save the original Hebrew one, directly translated to English.
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8165/jewish/Chapter-1.htm
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Workch: 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
Confused Christians, they even have different version of their lies grin

I would advice you actually read the Bible, read it with your 6 senses and then rationalize it carefully. You will realize how stupid that book is. It doednt matter the version you read, the book is fraud
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Maynman: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2022
sonmvayina:
All of them in short ..

Save the original Hebrew one, directly translated to English.
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8165/jewish/Chapter-1.htm

Man because they said Hebrew Bible doesn’t mean it’s the original one. I don’t think the original one exist again, you can only get the earliest translation which is the Septuagint Bible.
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Dtruthspeaker: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
Tekuzukite:

I like NKJV, RSV and NIV

And those are evil Bibles as proven by the proverbs you are interested in.

The only problem with the real Bible is that, you truly need the help of God and The Holy Spirit, to get The Truth of what God is Truly Saying!

The KJV Bible is not like novels, it is very very huge and harder than physics textbook to an arts student.

And God deliberately meant for it to written that way.
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by sonmvayina(m): 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Man because they said Hebrew Bible doesn’t mean it’s the original one. I don’t think the original one exist again, you can only get the earliest translation which is the Septuagint Bible.

Noo,

The original one actually written in Hebrew and Aramaic exist...
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Maynman: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Noo,

The original one actually written in Hebrew and Aramaic exist...

Hebrew and Arabic are gotten from Aramaic.
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by sonmvayina(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Hebrew and Arabic are gotten from Aramaic.

I don't know about that..
Re: Should I Avoid Certain Bible Versions by Maynman: 4:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

I don't know about that..

I bet you also don’t know that Semitic people are the one that created Aramaic.
You can google who is the god of the Semitic people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has The Prophecy Of "7 Women Will Hold Unto One Man" In Isaiah 4 Been Fulfilled? / Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter, Deborah Wedding Reception And Cutting Of Cake / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.