Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) (49644 Views)

"Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Slay Queen Embarrassed By Bolt Driver For Not Paying, Boyfriend Couldn't Show Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by wonder233: 6:37am On Apr 22, 2022
Nobody makes 15k daily on bolt. Stop promoting stereotypes. I have driven on bolt before for about 2 years. YOU MAKE NOTHING!. I took a very good car, my own personal car, and discovered its a cycle: you work one week, you repair your car with whatever you've made the following week. Or you work one month, then use it all up to repair a major fault the next month. You're just driving people around like a charity organisation. People should think of any other thing they can do to make money, this bolt uber driving isn't it at all....
P.s Saheed return the man's money, the country is hard for everyone
lomprico:
The bolt driver is an idiot. Why tarnig your image for what you can make in less than 2 weeks?
My friend does 15k average daily from his bolt business.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by karimusaa: 6:37am On Apr 22, 2022
That's not true. He can be arrested if he refused to return the money. The price he charged is already shown. He must be a criminal to act this way.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Humulity:
Go to your bank and report wrong transfer, give them the Bolt Driver account number as the beneficiary.
Explain what happened and patiently follow up.
Yes and they will place the account on lien

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by akanbiaa(m): 6:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Tradegood:

He should have picked the calls and then get the details to do the refund.

How far can N130k take him in life?
Some people don't think beyond their nose, they only allow greed to get immediate gratification, they worry less about their reputation and seeks to justify everything in their favor , probably he will tell himself he did not ask for 130k and he was freely given and maybe he believes his spiritual efforts is paying up and this incident is part of the proove. Lessons from the whole scenario is 1. Never rush to click on confirm in any financial transaction without going thru it again and 2. When you receive money not meant for you pick your calls and if there will be bank charges while transferring back the money which you cannot afford then let the person know It will be deducted from the money.
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Emaprince: 6:48am On Apr 22, 2022
OGraffix:
bolt company has responded since on Twitter now

I don't know why people are so heartless like this,though we all experiencing the bad economy, but that shouldn't make us so heartless like this..

I remember the day I sold my Redmi note 6 pro here on nairaland, the buyer sent me money (43k) two times because the first transaction was not successful meanwhile I was credited the money 2hours he left since the second transaction was successful nd I gave him the phone...I had to call him despite I don't even know him nd let's him knw I was credited the first money, he then sent his account number and I refunded him his money back and everyone was happy
Thats how it should be but unfortunately, 98% Nigerians won't do same. They usually see it as an opportunity to chop free money.

In the last week of December last year, I sent 20k to wrong UBA account from my UBA app. I went to the bank next day to complain. They said I should exercise patience while they work on it. Next week I went back and they told me the account owner have withdrawn the money. It is an abandoned account but the guy rushed to withdraw as soon as he saw credit alert.

On same week..I did just a small biz with some one. I was supposed to pay him 7500. I mistakenly sent 75000. I didn't notice immediately until after 30mins. That was the last I saw the guy.

I have transferred back money sent to me in excess. And even refused to touch wrong money sent to my account.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by wandium: 6:58am On Apr 22, 2022
People with their funny comment. It's high time people understand that uber or bolt did not employ the driver. The driver is using their platform the same way a passenger uses their platform. All drivers owns their car as long as it is registered in their profile on the platform.
Bolt and uber does not acknowledge transfer as a mode of payment. It's either you pay online via your card or you give cash to the driver. Transfers are not accepted. The driver can as well claim that you did not pay for the trip.

That doesn't justify what the bolt driver action though. It just shows he can not be trusted, but it can not be termed as fraud until a law court says otherwise. There was a service rendered and the driver if even taken to court can claim he earned the amount legally.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Ferdinandu(m): 6:59am On Apr 22, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
So 130k is huge money to Bolt drivers but I see Bolt ads saying I can earn N200k weekly

gringringrin
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by lomprico(m): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2022
wonder233:
Nobody makes 15k daily on bolt. Stop promoting stereotypes. I have driven on bolt before for about 2 years. YOU MAKE NOTHING!. I took a very good car, my own personal car, and discovered its a cycle: you work one week, you repair your car with whatever you've made the following week. Or you work one month, then use it all up to repair a major fault the next month. You're just driving people around like a charity organisation. People should think of any other thing they can do to make money, this bolt uber driving isn't it at all....
P.s Saheed return the man's money, the country is hard for everyone

Your car is a scrap. why won't you be fixing it every two weeks? My guy showed me his proceed, and I said averagely not every day. He makes more some days and less some. He is doing it full time.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Andytyx(m): 7:21am On Apr 22, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:
So 130k is huge money to Bolt drivers but I see Bolt ads saying I can earn N200k weekly

You can't tell if the 130k is part of the 200k weekly.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Clinghton: 7:31am On Apr 22, 2022
Returning the money might have been a blessing in disguise.
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by ufotunang: 7:34am On Apr 22, 2022
Expecthim to answer your call or return your money in this hard Buhari economy/ country...just pray for God to touch his heart so he can answer your call and return some part of your money
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by sonofthunder: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2022
lomprico:
The bolt driver is an idiot. Why tarnig your image for what you can make in less than 2 weeks?

Is this revenue or profit? The 15k
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by MajestyM: 8:18am On Apr 22, 2022
wunmi590:

Majority of Nigerians are corrupt minded, believe me, even the youth can't be trusted if given opportunity to serve, because corruption runs in their blood....

I don't know what is difficult to send back somebody money he mistakenly sent to you..

The guy needs to be tracked down and be thrown inside prison for 10years
Correct! But include yourself also.
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Afonja2: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2022
Bolt has replied him

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2022
lomprico:
Na so una dey talk, yet bolt drivers are notorious for various criminal activities. Stealing and cheating, I mean if they earn so much why would they be engaged in all these crimes in the first place.
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by adedehinbo(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2022
habsydiamond:
Oga u funny oo.. U no even press 13k na 130k u go press.. And u expect him to pick up.. Good Samaritans no too plenty for this country again.. I pray u see ur money collect at the end of the day.
i don't know what's really wrong with people like you,so it is norm when people made away with what doesn't belong to them,i use to say it that,no matter how i will always refund what doesn't belong to me except there is no traces of the rightful owner

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by wonder233: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2022
My car is a sharp direct tokunbo. For your friend to make net15k average per day that is after deductions of fuel, commission, etc, he has to complete about 20 to 30trips per day. Even a brand new car will experience rapid wear and depreciation if subjected to such exertions. I was doing it full time too. Except your friend is just trying to put up appearances for you, what I've told you is the stark reality. Everyday on nairaland here you see threads of drivers complaining they can't meet up, threatening strike etc, why do you think that is? The apps especially bolt underprice to attract and retain customers, and the driver population is so huge, so given the present economic realities, the drivers are at the receiving end and the huge influx isn't helping matters.
lomprico:

Your car is a scrap. why won't you be fixing it every two weeks? My guy showed me his proceed, and I said averagely not every day. He makes more some days and less some. He is doing it full time.

2 Likes

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Idaytesj29(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2022
wunmi590:

Majority of Nigerians are corrupt minded, believe me, even the youth can't be trusted if given opportunity to serve, because corruption runs in their blood....

I don't know what is difficult to send back somebody money he mistakenly sent to you..

The guy needs to be tracked down and be thrown inside prison for 10years

Don't forget inmates in prisons are innocent and are there on false charges. So you want to send this innocent bolt driver to prison too on false charges?
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by TheMostComplex1: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2022
The bolt driver has bolted with your money. He's a criminal if this's true
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Harddiskng(m): 9:15am On Apr 22, 2022
tutudesz:

4. Where the contested beneficiary has utilized the fund such that lien could not be placed, and he/she refuses to fund the beneficiary account to facilitate refund, the Receiving Entity’s Internal Auditors shall watch-list the customer’s BVN and the Sending Entity may report the incident to law enforcement agencies.

And how do you think law enforcement would classify your not wanting to refund money that is not yours undecided

At least other countries would follow the law and simply jail you:

https://www.blackenterprise.com/outcry-in-sa-as-student-who-went-on-spending-spree-after-bank-error-credited-her-account-with-1m-jailed/amp/

https://www.money.co.uk/guides/can-you-keep-money-accidentally-paid-into-your-bank-account

In Nigeria?! Have you ever been tracked down one hot random afternoon by uniform men, first thing first you receive hot beating to compliment the hot weather. The beating would first reset all your 5 senses. By this time you would be sweating blood, that your stiff neck that didn’t you allow refund the money would have loosen abit for you to move it freely.

After that they allow you to rest in mosquito infested cell for 3-5 days. All these while you’d be the one begging to pay back money you initially refused to pay back.

Why cause yourself unnecessary hardship risking your life. The money is not yours. No put for mouth wetin you no fit swallow undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by bukatyne(f): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2022
habsydiamond:
Oga u funny oo.. U no even press 13k na 130k u go press.. And u expect him to pick up.. Good Samaritans no too plenty for this country again.. I pray u see ur money collect at the end of the day.

Why shouldn't he pick up? undecided
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by bukatyne(f): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by lomprico(m): 9:35am On Apr 22, 2022
grossintel:
Na so una dey talk, yet bolt drivers are notorious for various criminal activities. Stealing and cheating, I mean if they earn so much why would they be engaged in all these crimes in the first place.

Na you dey jam or mingle with the criminal ones na. How many people are doing bolt and what is the percentage of the criminal elements there?
If it's not lucrative why are people still doing it?

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by lomprico(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2022
wonder233:
My car is a sharp direct tokunbo. For your friend to make net15k average per day that is after deductions of fuel, commission, etc, he has to complete about 20 to 30trips per day. Even a brand new car will experience rapid wear and depreciation if subjected to such exertions. I was doing it full time too. Except your friend is just trying to put up appearances for you, what I've told you is the stark reality. Everyday on nairaland here you see threads of drivers complaining they can't meet up, threatening strike etc, why do you think that is? The apps especially bolt underprice to attract and retain customers, and the driver population is so huge, so given the present economic realities, the drivers are at the receiving end and the huge influx isn't helping matters.

Na lie, Dem package scrap sell to you.
You can't tell me you work one week and spend the next week in mechanic if your car is sound. Pure lies. I know people that do well driving bolt.

P.s. Incase you think my friend stays in Lagos, he does not.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by lilyheaven: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2022
Did he say it wasn’t a mistake?
Tell your brother to return his money.
tutudesz:
Mr Man!! You made the mistake on your own and if he decides not to send the money to you, nothing will happen undecided even police no fit arrest am for your mistake undecided
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by bukatyne(f): 9:44am On Apr 22, 2022
tutudesz:

CBN policy on transfer

TRANSFER RECALL DUE TO CUSTOMER ERROR
Where a customer claims to have made a transfer in error, the following provisions shall apply:

1. where the beneficiary is known to the complainant, the Sending Entity shall encourage the complainant to contact the beneficiary for an amicable settlement;

2. where the beneficiary is not known to the complainant or a known beneficiary refused to effect a refund to the complainant, the Sending Entity having received a tenable claim from customer shall notify the Receiving Entity who shall place a lien on the amount in the account of the beneficiary and thereafter obtain the consent of the beneficiary to execute refund;

3. where the beneficiary does not give consent, the internal auditors of the Sending and Receiving Entities shall mediate between the two customers within 2 weeks of the complaint to resolve the issue, and their decision shall be final. Accordingly, the lien on the amount in the beneficiary’s account shall not last more than 2 weeks;

4. Where the contested beneficiary has utilized the fund such that lien could not be placed, and he/she refuses to fund the beneficiary account to facilitate refund, the Receiving Entity’s Internal Auditors shall watch-list the customer’s BVN and the Sending Entity may report the incident to law enforcement agencies.

So there is no way to enforce refund?

It is sad.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by bukatyne(f): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2022
Afonja2:
Bolt has replied him

What is 'Hello'?

Address him personally.
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by highoctane: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2022
Send an email to
nigeria@bolt-rider.com
With brief straight to the point of the incidence.
Attention: Uche

���
Share love that profits, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by Rodeoz(m): 9:56am On Apr 22, 2022
Where una dey see this money.
Chai. That means you have upto if not more than 1 million in your account. Ahhh.

Omo, God please help my life. I'm broke mehn.

Sureboyy:

Exactly what I'm thinking
What made him press 130k and not 13k sef
Abi Dem do am jazz?? E just dae confuse me

If you see how I dae count the zeros if I wan send person money ehn grin grin grin grin grin
Especially 100k make I no go use mistake send 1m, make the person no go break him sim and run away with my money grin undecided undecided
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by SoftWork5: 9:56am On Apr 22, 2022
This is very bad on the part of the driver, I don’t know why people don’t usually think about the consequences of their actions. There is no way he won’t be found.

But then, I wish bolt can also mandate all riders to use their profile pictures and correct informations, so scammer riders informations that do fake transfer or refused to pay after each trip can be published this same way on social media.

If that’s in place , I swear such occurrences will be a thing of the past

A lot of scammers riders out there daily doing fake transfer and all and nothing is being done about them.

I am talking from experience. Same way I carried a fool to airport and even paid toll fee and parking space fee.

And the idiot did 3,100 fake transfer to me

The number of the scammer is 07012021254

Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by HRMK: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2022
u need to first admit ur fault and take all the necessary steps by contacting both banks involved in the transaction.u can also send a text to the man!do something positive and stop waiting for chance!!
Re: Man Mistakenly Sends 130k To Bolt Driver Instead Of #1,300 (pictures) by MrDoGood(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2022
BuyAndSellStuff:

It's 80k weekly dem talk grin grin grin

You don go add your own join. Watin the person dey drive?

Na truck cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) / Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.