Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons (1039 Views)

Re-scan Your Decoders With TSTV New Frequency Parameters / Nov 1st Draws Close, TSTV Decoders Being Shipped Across The Country (photos) / Why I Think TSTV Promises Is Dead On Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by royalamour(m): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Disclaimer: This post is not a paid post, neither is it a paid advertisement. I am doing this review on my own.

So back to the topic, TSTV as we all know is the only close substitute to DSTV in Nigeria at the moment.
In recent times, prices of DSTV packages has been reviewed upward and it is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain the monthly subscription of DSTV.

DSTV packages with lower subscription fees are not attractive enough. Many times, people with lower subscription packages don’t get value for what they paid for.

See the difference below:

Channels Selection:

Unlike DSTV, TSTV customers are at liberty to select the channels they want to watch and pay for them. It is like adding items to your shopping cart and paying for them at the counter.

Subscription Pausing:

Pausing of TSTV subscription can not be done on a consistent basis. It can only be paused for a month per subscription. But for DSTV, It said this will be upon request and a 48-hour notice that the account be suspended for a fixed period between seven to 14 days twice yearly.

High Definition View:

Unlike DSTV, TSTV channels are virtually all in HD. 4k standard. Customers does not have to pay for extra HD views like DSTV.

Sports Channels:

The only difference between TSTV and DSTV is just the Premier League matches. TSTV shows Bundesliga, LaLiga, FIFA World Cup and other football matches and tournaments.

Music Channels:

To a fairly good extent, TSTV shows very good music channels just like DSTV, but the likes of MTV and Soundcity aren’t on their platforms yet.

Movie Channels:

TSTV shows many interesting Hollywood movies than DSTV. Unlike DSTV that dictates the kind of movie channels that subscribers can watch, TSTV gives you the liberty to select as many movie channels and paying for them per month. I think DSTV with many African Magic channels still leads in the area of home movies.

Weather Effect:

TSTV, unlike DSTV does not freeze or craze during rainy or stormy weathers.

Cartoon Channels:

TSTV shows as many interesting cartoons as DSTV.

News Channels:

TSTV shows the likes of Bloomberg, Aljazeera, NTA, BBC and others, except CNN.

https://thebureau.com.ng/2022/04/21/my-review-on-tstv-by-i-emmanuel/
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by Enskynelson(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Your post is without the subscription costs. Adding a breakdown what the cost of both are won't be a bad idea

3 Likes

Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by Acidosis(m): 10:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
All TSTV channels are HD and 4k standard?

Are you sure?
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by Ecos(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
T S T V
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by bigiyaro(m): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2022
Big lies.
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by Nonam: 6:44am On Aug 29, 2022
royalamour

True. Very true.
I migrated my family from DSTV to TSTv.
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by apprentist(m): 12:14am On Sep 30, 2022
Does TSTV decoder still come with hotspot? Do they still give free data upon subscription?
Re: My TSTV Experience: Pros And Cons by laudate: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Where is TSTV Office in Lagos??

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Dstv Decoder For Sale [SOLD] / Bein Sport Or Hot Bird? / CTL Dual View Decoder For Sale In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.