Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better (18813 Views)

NPA Or Efcc, Which Of These Jobs Is The Best With Good Pay, Please Help / Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / Please Which Of This Two Jobs Is Most Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Hinokami: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2022
I worked for a multi national organisation last year for a few months before internal strife and change of management made me lose my job as collateral damage. I was jobless for months and those were trying times for my mental health.

I got a job two months ago. It had less stress and the expenses are less. I can save more but there is no job security, no offer letter and no career growth.

Now the new owners of my previous organisation want me back but with slightly lesser pay than what I received back when I was in their employ, a contract letter and promise of job security. There is also no chance of career progression within the organisation but I will improve my skills to potentially get a better job from there.

I'm conflicted.. I don't want to leave my comfort zone in the current job to move to another city for a job that relieved me in the past. There is a chance they can do it again if they feel like based on the nationality of the owners but I also feel like I have an opportunity to develop myself and move to better places from there because of the reputation of the company name on my CV.

Please who has had such experience like this and advice going forward.

Thank you.

PS. I negotiated with the new owners on improving the pay package and they made no concrete promises.. I'm waiting for the offer letter to see if it'd at least match my former pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by nicerod(m): 8:58am On Apr 25, 2022
grin cheesy

U have already answered the question yasef

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by slawormiir: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

Hard one to here

You are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by juddybrown(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
Any one that makes you happy

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by seeker121(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Follow your mind.

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Skillsnigeria: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Nigerialabalaba: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
chatinent:
I prefer working from home, and having my own business.
u mean crypto ponzi? Dat one na ponzi no be work abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by RedChiefPriest: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
A wise old spanish man once said "haz lo que tu mente te diga"

So I think we should follow what he said

5 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Professorcplus(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hmm. They called you back to finish your part after which you will be dismiss like washing hand water.

For the thing that you fear will comes upon you, and what you dread befalls you the second time

Choose wisely.

Thank you

13 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by travelwaka: 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Your case is like going back to your ex after a painful heart break with the promise that he or she will reduce all the benefits you usually get when you were together. Should you ever consider that?

All I will say is Be very dedicated, be hardworking, be proactive on the job, however be loyal to your self. Do not engage in activities that will kill the company but at any point if you are too choose between the company and you. Choose yourself first. There coffee company can fire you at any time and the world wouldn't end and if you think you are indispensable. If you leave the Company they wouldn't even miss you.

Reminds me of a friend that got another offer at a company. Told his boss. Boss said they will match the salary. After a month they increased his responsibilities. He couldn't meet up, the third month, they sacked him.

Put your self first and you will know the best step to take

12 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Connected1: 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
To make things easier for us I suggest you give imaginary figures as offered salaries from the various companies so we can advise you better since it's obvious that you can't get a career growth from either of the companies.

But on the current stand I suggest you don't go to your previous company, they won't treat you like other staffs and they may dispose you easily too if you don't meet up with their current expectations, , moreover your current job seems not standard enough but since you can save more from it, I think you have the better option in your comfort zone, find a way to build your career (wait you didn't even state the career type too) from your comfort zone or learn a new career type.

Nothing beats rest of mind, only federal govt job has 80% job security, the others is completely based on your average performance.

4 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by DEEBOZZ(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
W

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Military0001: 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
You already have them in your C.V from your last job experience with them, omo ahead ahead is the way forward… Job security is not suppose to be your worry except you are willing to work for people till you age, think of developing yourself and probably becoming your own boss that is a better security for you and your children with God’s blessings.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by blowjohn(m): 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
nicerod:
grin cheesy

U have already answered the question yasef

But the man looking forward has not gone any further more than the man looking back.

Moral:

No be everybody wey dey front sabi where them dey go next.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Gastrocnemius: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Never go back to eat your vomit. Never!!

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Justdare: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hmmmm!!!
Never ever go back to a job you were sacked from, unless there's an iron clad contract drawn by your attorney.
From your narrations neither job is secure.

3 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by princeemmma(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
i don't understand a thing from what you just said, lemme read again maybe slowly this time around grin grin grin grin grin grin

Modified: I think you have decided what you want already, you are not specific about the new job you got, but you keep double clicking wink wink wink winkover your past job...........

Anyways this my advice, if you are going back to your past job, you need to make sure everything is in perfect condition. Give them your terms too, and make sure you won't be getting sacked again

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by planetE(m): 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
I be cahier for bet9ja shop, na monday to sunday we dey work with nonsense monthly payment. No rest !!! No time for any other activity. Omo, some jobs no be jobs ooooo. Na pure slavery. But watin person go do as country hard.

Having your own personal business is the best job you can ever get.

4 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Sunnydoo: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
It's better u pray and let God guide your steps.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by tammie24: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
If I were you I'd stay with the current job
You were even collateral damage remember
They did it before
They can do it again... No guarantees no matter what they tell you!
Also consider the fact that you have to relocate again... The stress

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Jokkarm2: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Bigredmachine:

if you are going back, give them condition that you will not be sacked , if there is need to relief you from work, they must compensate you financially. so that you can start something with it.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by chatinent: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

u mean crypto ponzi? Dat one na ponzi no be work abeg.

I mean freelance writing.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Audacious19(m): 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Where una dey see this work abeg

I am a graduate, engineering
Very good with system maintenance and software maintenance
Not yet a programmer, I have given up on job hauting as i am currently trying to get a sound car for transportation business, seems the only way out for me but at same time i feel bad considering i am not serving towards my carrer path..

Pathetic is beyond how i feel..

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by seunpas: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2022
Who told you there is job security there?
Have you forgotten you were sacked?
Part of old teams might still be there, stay where you are, better ones are coming in the future.

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by emmy512: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2022
Go to the previous, if you can negotiate a 1 year or 6 months notice to be given before you are removed again it'll be better. Or any other termination contract where you would be compensated and given time to get another.
Otherwise stay your current job and develope yourself to be self sufficient

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Bimpe29: 3:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
Just pray for divine guidance.
Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by tammie24: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Forward ever

1 Like

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by Chibae4real: 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please, move on. Focus on the present job.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Decide Which Of The Two Jobs Is Better by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
How Much Is Your Monthly Salary

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jobs At Maersk Line / Are People Now Afraid Of Bank Jobs? / Union Bank Sales Graduate Trainee 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.