Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. (35921 Views)

The Ugly Side Of Being Too Nice. / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am / Mystery.. Strange Image Appear On Sky While Students Are Taking Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by poweredcom(m): 10:48am On Jun 29, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

By the time wey you go realise the kind curse wey you carry your own hand use your money buy put for head na that time you go understand wetin e mean to bang another man wife.

Continue to dey brag about am because according to you, you pay them off.

By the time it starts going awry with you, retracing your steps will be a hard call.

Wise up oh..

Do I tell u I bang people wife , even if I have done it , it may be she may be out of d marriage , see dis man o
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by lollybee15(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,
I will try as much as possible to make the write-up short.

I am a 21years old guy at a Russian university with two Nigerian roommates (In the hostel though). We averagely get the same amount of money as an allowance monthly, but mine always finishes first.

I don't spend unnecessarily on myself, and we cook together. I discovered after two months of staying together that they care less about buying things that we generally use in the room. For instance, I always buy food season, detergents, and cooking oil (quite expensive).

I cook most of the time. Anytime I decide not to cook, we always go hungry and I can't cope with that. This has made my cash always run out faster and I can't stop them from eating my food or using the things I buy.

There was a time also I lend the last money with me (100k in naira) to my best friend then in Nigeria because he claimed his dad was sick and promised to repay by month-end. I didn't have anything to take me through the remaining days of the month but I gave it out because he was a close friend. Month-end, I couldn't get money from my sponsor because of some issues. I contacted my guy but he stopped replying to me on WhatsApp. I managed to get 20k but the rest is probably history now.

Whenever people talk about their problems, I always feel for them to the extent of giving out my money even if it's the last cash on me. I have never had a girlfriend, but I don't always have the strength to reject if a girl asks for airtime or money from me (including my mum and sisters though)

I always try to go to any length to see people happy even if it means borrowing money from another person for them. I'm that foolish. Generally, I'm too soft-hearted and nice but I don't know how to solve this problem. Someone advised me I should get a girlfriend who should always be angry with me if I'm being too nice to people and that will help me solve the problem to some extent but I think it won't.

I'm not from a rich family, not even from an average family. I'm even from a polygamous home so I know what it means to have suffered as a Nigerian. I was on the street and I guess that's what is making me this weak emotionally. I'm a simp all-around in my life and relationship with people. People are always cheating on me, taking advantage of who I am.

I NEED genuine HELP, please.
Are you in Russian University on scholarship since you said you are neither from a rich nor average family?
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Solatium(m): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a 21years old guy at a Russian university with two Nigerian roommates (In the hostel though). We averagely get the same amount of money as an allowance monthly, but mine always finishes first.

I don't spend unnecessarily on myself, and we cook together. I discovered after two months of staying together that they care less about buying things that we generally use in the room. For instance, I always buy food season, detergents, and cooking oil (quite expensive).

I cook most of the time. Anytime I decide not to cook, we always go hungry and I can't cope with that. This has made my cash always run out faster and I can't stop them from eating my food or using the things I buy.

There was a time also I lend the last money with me (100k in naira) to my best friend then in Nigeria because he claimed his dad was sick and promised to repay by month-end. I didn't have anything to take me through the remaining days of the month but I gave it out because he was a close friend. Month-end, I couldn't get money from my sponsor because of some issues. I contacted my guy but he stopped replying to me on WhatsApp. I managed to get 20k but the rest is probably history now.

Whenever people talk about their problems, I always feel for them to the extent of giving out my money even if it's the last cash on me. I have never had a girlfriend, but I don't always have the strength to reject if a girl asks for airtime or money from me (including my mum and sisters though)

I always try to go to any length to see people happy even if it means borrowing money from another person for them. I'm that foolish. Generally, I'm too soft-hearted and nice but I don't know how to solve this problem. Someone advised me I should get a girlfriend who should always be angry with me if I'm being too nice to people and that will help me solve the problem to some extent but I think it won't.

I'm not from a rich family, not even from an average family. I'm even from a polygamous home so I know what it means to have suffered as a Nigerian. I was on the street and I guess that's what is making me this weak emotionally. I'm a simp all-around in my life and relationship with people. People are always cheating on me, taking advantage of who I am.

You have not done bad, people tends to take advantage of people who are kind hearted.
I was once in your shoes but now i know every man to himself and God for everyone.
Do the following.

1..Move out of that room from your stingy roommates,look for like minds and if you can't find any,look for a very smaller accomodations that you can afford,the little you are able to save from feeding your inconsiderate mates can be added to your rent.
with that your things will last and you will have your privacy and rest of mind.

2.. Whatever you can not let go don't borrow people,if someone requested for ₦100k help,if you can afford give half,but never give all.
Nigerians are professional when it comes to telling pitiable lies that will make them Scam you.

3... Always leave something for emergency,never allow pressure and what people say get to you.Even God seen we should love our neighbors but never love anyone more than yourself.

People with this kind of your attitude no dey see people help them óò when they required one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2022
I was like you before although almost 2 decades ago. Just learn to develop yourself personally and not on people's opinions. Learn to say NO and stand on it. Your friends purposely starve so that they can leech on you.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by kdfinest(m): 11:55am On Jun 29, 2022
like in the case of your roommates, the three of you ought to make a list of things that can take you guys till the end of month and know the cost, then each will contribute to make up the amount. you can't always spend yours will they keep theirs....
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by abfelicity91: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
You are 100% me.. This is exactly who I am. I squeeze myself to the last breath just to please others.. Right now I'm emotionally down because those I helped, empty myself just to help them, now to get back the money I borrowed people is very hard for me, I don't even have the courage to ask for it, and when I do, any excuses can make me go back without getting it.. So I'm always living with regret and thought of how to get my money back.
My thought were always to go and take some drink that can actually make me cruel at times because on a normal circumstances, I cant be harsh in my words
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by pokemontonsa09: 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
kevinwright:
My children do the meditation in order to sleep, Is it true that meditation helps the kid to sleep?
It is exactly what it sounds like—a type of meditation used prior to going to bed in an effort to encourage better sleep. Bedtime meditation can be done in a variety of ways, but they all essentially include focusing on your breath and settling your thoughts before bed. Kids who have problems getting asleep or who wake up during the night may find it very beneficial.
According to research, sleep mediation can aid with mood improvement, anxiety reduction, and stress reduction. Read more https://cpcsleep.com/meditation-for-sleep-kids/
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Insectkiller: 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
Continue to do good..

You can only take a slight caution so as not to hurt urself..

One advice:
Keep doing good
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by 6ixT8: 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2022
FatherCHRISTMAS:
I read everything and must say I was once like you... I was once so kindhearted I'd do anything to please others.

But what later hardened me ? I honestly don't know....Probably the realization that people place more value on individuals who cause then pain than those who gives them joy.

Our comes today you are know on this forum for one thing, which is your trademark? sad

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Chimera30: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Can i send you a pm?
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by odonkoro: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
I will not advise you not to be nice to people, however, do what you know will not harm you afterward; because human beings are very cunning.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by SPAMBOX7: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Don't you ever fall for that grand sham @emboldened.
Besides how you grow up in the streets and you not street wise.. Abi I no read am well ni.

I'd advise go read the book of pook and read 48 laws of power. You can find them online.
Start from there.

Lastly find a side hustle that will keep your always cooking ass busy. If not double your reading session. Mr cook
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Nectarbaba(m): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Am just like u bro though am still in Nigeria I sell cars online I realize I have the same problem dat u do unfortunately I can’t help it
Simple questions is it something worth doing?
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Roseey0(f): 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
You need John Obidi in your corner.
Most importantly, you need to love yourself enough to always consider your needs first

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Tundex911: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
Comrade have you listen to Portable zazu??

If yes try leju paa, don't smile
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Nectarbaba(m): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
fineberry:
coined from the song "High School" right
Pills and Portion.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Thered12: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2022
Travicon:
Hello Nairalanders,

Mehn we dey the same shit... I'm from a polygamous home too.. Crazy stuff..ive seen a lot of shit..ive suffered in this life..and as such I'm able to relate to people's pain and plight ..even if it's my last kobo ill give..cos I've been in times when there was nothing so I understand people well but the end get rocky as they'll always take you for granted or pay back with envy and evil intentions ..its crazy...my niceness has caused led to the financial conflicts I'm fighting now.. All because of niceness .. Omo ..you just have to try and be tough ..the fact you're able to relate to their plight due to the fact you've experienced the same shit before just makes it worse ..you just need to create a reason to get tough.. This world doesn't like nice people .. They'll use you .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Thered12: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Op, you better wise and toughen up! Dis life, if u re too nice, Pple will suck you like Orange and thereafter trash you like the rouphages!

I swear ...i got a first hand experience ..and it's never repeating itself.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Thered12: 5:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
ImoleNaija:

OP, I can feel your plight & our kinds are still many in this world.

Just don't be deceived by the saying 'Givers don't lack'. I am one & currently lacking; having none to turn to for help. To feed sef na wahala. Well, I hardly expect much from the people. Besides, I know that Naija is hard at the moment.

Omoooo ..i dey tell you ... I dey give my all ..if person lack, I'm always the first point of call, but now wey I dey down .nobody dey answer me..i no fit even call anybody ..dey no go answer. When I had my WhatsApp go full with messages ..now e don kpeme ..i go 3 months no message ..this life... Once I get back on my feet .oh Lord..ill be very brutal. ..God knows ..people have paid me back with evil and it's painful and I've learnt to be very solipsistic at every point in life. One life.One man .One ladder. One destiny. I tried to take someone up the ladder too even when I wasn't at the top yet, but out of generosity I say make I carry am .. Same person I did good for, still caused me to fall ..crazy world. Omo later now, you no go wan help person. , they'll say you're wicket or you're stingy, they'll forget something made you turn that way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Thered12: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
tonididdy:

Been there, done that.
REWARD: hate, when you can no longer provide, abandonment.

Fact: you feel so lonely you are too scared to be alone, you do nor trust in yourself or your future.
You have a fear you may one day need their help in return when they go above you in life.

Remedy: focus on yourself. Satisfy yourself and your thoughts first.

You've said it all

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by ImoleNaija: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2022
Thered12:

Omoooo ..i dey tell you ... I dey give my all ..if person lack, I'm always the first point of call, but now wey I dey down .nobody dey answer me..i no fit even call anybody ..dey no go answer. When I had my WhatsApp go full with messages ..now e don kpeme ..i go 3 months no message ..this life... Once I get back on my feet .oh Lord..ill be very brutal. ..God knows ..people have paid me back with evil and it's painful and I've learnt to be very solipsistic at every point in life. One life.One man .One ladder. One destiny. I tried to take someone up the ladder too even when I wasn't at the top yet, but out of generosity I say make I carry am .. Same person I did good for, still caused me to fall ..crazy world. Omo later now, you no go wan help person. , they'll say you're wicket or you're stingy, they'll forget something made you turn that way

Lol @ the bolded grin. You don't need to go brutal. One just needs to give reasonably & disregards that 'Givers never lack' mentality.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by Thered12: 9:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
ImoleNaija:

Lol @ the bolded grin. You don't need to go brutal. One just needs to give reasonably & disregards that 'Givers never lack' mentality.

Haha.. Honestly, working with that mentality isn't it o... I'm telling you ..weve learnt the hard way.
Re: Help! I'm Too Nice And People Are Taking Advantage Of My Niceness. by PumpumPrince: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
xstyrichy:
Always use your discretion to avoid people walking all over you. And ask for God's grace to discern and be wise concerning things like this.

kaiii..see yansh. helo babes, please can i love u twice? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Fake Friend / What's The Name Of This Snake I Just Killed? / The Snake My Colleague Killed At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.