Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,071 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:05 PM

The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (3) (131 Views)

Things To Know About Prayer Partners And Prayer Points / Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (3) by SonofIssachar: 1:47am On Apr 26, 2022
You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you, And you will pay your vows. – Job 22:27

9. There is a mystery involved whenever we come into the presence of God.

We are kneeling before the Almighty Sovereign God, Lord of the universe. Be quiet. Be still. Get alone with Him. Humble yourself. Wait on Him. Respect Him as having sense and quit insulting Him with your pet memorized phrases. Tell Him the truth, what you’ve been up to and what you’re thinking now. Tell Him what blesses you about Him, and what areas of your life you need particular help with.

Jesus said He already knows our needs before we ask, but He likes to see if we have figured things out too. So, go ahead and make your requests to Him. Whatever answer comes, accept that as His will, at least for the time being. And keep on praying.

10. Always keep paper and pen handy when you are praying.

My experience is that when you come into the Father’s presence in prayer, He will frequently call your attention to something He wants you to know or do. He may tell you someone to see, something to do, someone to call, something to forgive, a verse to look up, a text to remember, a debt to pay, or a neighbor to help. Write it down. Then, go back to your prayer. Expect to receive from Him every time you turn to Him in prayer.

When we come to pray, entering into the very presence of the loving Heavenly Father, should we be eager and expectant about what is about to happen.

By Joe McKeever

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Reasons Prayers are Not Answered
The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (1)
The First 10 Lessons I Learned About Prayer (2)
https://daily-dew.com/the-first-10-lessons-i-learned-about-prayer-3/

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Christ / Understanding The Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / To You Russia, And Your Recent Economic (and Military) Successes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.