Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,565 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School (5584 Views)

If You Experience Snakes And Demons In Dreams... / Church Members Flog 'Demons' In Awka, Anambra State (Video) / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 1:03am On Aug 30, 2019
The story you are about to read is 90 percent valid . Some details of the story have been deliberately altered to protect the identity of the characters.

THE INITIATION AND THE TORMENT

Even though ,I, like every other kid in the locality, grew up being playful, friendly and sociable; certain events that occurred in my third year in secondary school reduced me to a quiet, reserved, and unsociable boy. Those events eventually led to my repeating SSS1.

Here was In a public secondary school in Ikeja,Lagos, Nigeria; resuming for a repeat of SSS1.

My guess was that the new students would regard us repeaters as dullards. I knew I was not a dullard. I had too many academic excellence records, dating from JSS3 all the way down to primary 1, as proof of that.

By the end of first term SSS1 it had become clear to my new class mates that though I may be a repeater, I was definitey one with a difference. I topped in virtually all subjects that academic year, but the same could not be said of my personal life.

Everything had been going well for me in my personal life until one of my very few friends 'initiated' me into the world of demons.

Shola, one of my two christian friends who were both notable members of Christian Fellowship, started telling me who and who were possessed
by demons in the SSS1 arm. My friend, Shola, my other christian friend Segun and two other notable members of the Christian Fellowship in SSS1 would conduct deliverance and demon casting out session after school on one student or the other in SSS1 arm from time to time.I would stay in a distant class waiting for them to finish so that I can go home with my friend.

Things started to take a negetive turn for me when the primary most influent possessed students realise I have become aware of their 'status'.They started attacking me with the spirit of fear. As at that time, I did not know that was the appropriate description for what I was experiencing. But, I just knew that once I saw any of them, my heart would skip several beats and I would feel great explosive fear that caused great pain in my heart. I became so terrified and subdued. As soon as they noticed I had been subdued, they started subjecting me to little, little physical harrassment that others could not notice. I was way, way, way too scared of them to do anything about the harrassment.Having noticed that, unlike my friends, I was a very weak christian, they decided to use me for sports.

My friend told me that those students used to attack them the other students too, but it was obvious to me they had things under control. How I wished the same could be said of me.

Things became quite aggravated when I started having nightmares. Every day, I had all kinds terrible and horrible nightmares until they became full blown spiritual attack. To say my life became miserable is to make an understatement. That my life became a living hell was a more appropriate expression.

Sometimes, one or more person would pounce on me in the dream and beat me to stupor. At other times dogs of all kinds would pursue me and attack me. At some other times, masquerades would pursue me and whip me silly. There were a number of times I got bitten by a snake only to wake up to feel physical pain on the spot at which I was bitten in my physical body.There were other times I would see a had appear in my dream and start feeding me with food only to wake up to feel something physically stuck in my throat. What I considered the wost of all were the cases in which when I am fed food in the dream, I wake up to find some mysterious object moving all over and all through my body and all through the day. The amount and variation of attacks in dreams I suffered back then was staggering. I can't even remember them all. They were so numerous and varied.

I cursed the day my friend started telling me who and who was possessed.He had ended up initiating me into a word I was unfit to live in. I lacked the requisite spirituality to live safely in that world. I noticed other christian class mates of ours, being mostly girls, who did not know who and who was possessed were living happy lives.They were friends with those possessed class mates of ours and use to often laugh and play with them. They were quite oblivious of the raging waves that were roaring all around. I really envied them and wished I were like them.

Whenever I remember the torments and sorrow of those days I give God praise for delivering me, because at those time there was not even the bleakest ray of hope. Oh,how I suffered!

You may be wondering why I couldn't report things to my parents. Well,I did not see any wisdom in that because my parents were not born again. Knowing them I was sure all they would do was take me to a babalawo.

Again, you.may be wondering why I did not report things to my church leaders. I really don't remember why. It was all between me and my friend Shola.It may however not unconnected with the fact that I was very quiet and reserved.

I had this eternal fear for sleeping because every period of sleep was the same as a period of attack and torment. I started going from one night vigil to another just to escape from sleeping. I would go from one crusade or church program to another seeking deliverance.There seemed to be neither hope nor respite in sigh. At last resort, I started spending quality time reading the Bible and praying. Oh, how I read the Bible and Oh, how I prayed!

In desperation, I started seeking to get the infilling of the holy spirit. From my bible studying. I had learnt that once I receive the infilling of the holy spirit I would possess power. I reckoned that if I had power I would stand a fighting chance of surviving the deluge of attacks that was was constantly threatening to drown me.

During these period, a day came when my demon casting friends informed me that they needed to conduct deliverance for my matenal cousin. He was four years younger than I was and he lived with my family.

After school thay day, I waited four classes away while they conducted the deliverance. After the deleverance session my cousin wanted to discuss what my friend did.with him. He did not know how to go about discussing it. Apparently, he did not know he was possessed.He really did not understand what happened in there. It was that day that I discovered my friends don't tell people that they wanted to conduct deliverance for them. They just tell them they wanted to pray for them after school in such and such class only for the person to arrive and they start conducting deliverance.

A few days after, I was informed by them that they needed to conduct deliverance for me.At that time we boys believed a christian can be possessed. So, they conducted deliverance for me. I actually did what we called "manifesting". I shook my head and said all sorts. Right now I don't believe I a christian can be possessed. Looking at things now in retrospect, I believe I was just acting out what I had witnessed in some deliverance session.

Away from that, I was eventually fortunate to get a copy of Reinhard Bonki's " How to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit." The next day or so ,I opened the book while in the school library and read it. On reading it I prayed as instructed in the book asking for the baptism of the holy spirit. After, I prayed, I felt what seemed to be like a liquid filling me up. From the sole of my feet , it rose up my legs and up my body and arms all the way to my head. Immediately it filled me up to the crown of my head, I busted out in tongues. I prayed quietly in tongues for some time on my seat after which I left.I was overjoyed because I believed that I had finally gained access to power.

Well, I was so disappointed that inspite of the fact that I had received the infilling of the spirit
and was praying in tongues everyday,I was still being tormented in the dream at night at home and harrassed in school in the day. Every day, as I prayed in tongues and in English I would query the lord and say,"Lord.your word says if I receive the holyghost I wll.receive power. Lord,what is going on. I am still being tormented and harrassed daily. Lord give me the power,please lord give me the power in Jesus name". Then all of a sudden my body would shake vigorously. I would wonder, "Why is my body shaking vigorously. Am I still possessed?". Little did I know that that was the Lord busy anointing me.

Then came this day that my christian friends and some of their friends came to.visit me. One of them said he was feeling sick and desired that we pray for him.So we held hands and started to pray for him. All of a sudden, I felt it strongly impressed on my heart to break away from chain and lay my hand on the sick fellow. Without any warning I found myself breaking off the chain and laying my hand of the fellow. Then the most unbelievable thing happened. The fellow fell down under the power of the anointing. Everyone on their feet looked at me in astonishment. I was astonished myself. The same thought was on everyone's mind. " So Mathew is this heavily anointed". I said to myself, "So, I am this heavily anointed. Wow! Wow! Wow!" That was the day a terrorist was born.

5 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by royallord1(m): 1:31am On Aug 30, 2019
Interesting....
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 1:35am On Aug 30, 2019
COMMING UP NEXT:

THE BIRTH OF A TERRORIST

1 Like

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Bluezy13(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2019
Okay o
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2019
Woe Betide Me
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Leis: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
this is awesome, please never response to those who will come to spite trash, many great trend have been stopped because of some people, who want to show their selves.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by OCTAVO: 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Leis:
this is awesome, please never response to those who will come to spite trash, many great trend have been stopped because of some people, who want to show their selves.
True.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Patiently waiting...
nencounter10:
COMMING UP NEXT:

THE BIRTH OF A TERRORIST
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Kenneth4u205(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
Following your write up .it align with the word of God .I'm a deliverance minister .Will like to correct a minor mistake you made .You said that christian can not be possessed by demons .That's wrong .Demons doesn't waste their time possessing sinners because the don't need demons to continue spinning .Demons are more interested bin possessing Christians today .since no man is perfect .Christians fall into sin that gives this demons the legal right to come in and posses.That's why it's God to repent immediately each time we fall into sin

4 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
Following your write up .it align with the word of God .I'm a deliverance minister .Will like to correct a minor mistake you made .You said that christian can not be possessed by demons .That's wrong .Demons doesn't waste their time possessing sinners because the don't need demons to continue spinning .Demons are more interested bin possessing Christians today .since no man is perfect .Christians fall into sin that gives this demons the legal right to come in and posses.That's why it's God to repent immediately each time we fall into sin

You are wrong. I will tell yo why in the course of this thread.

1 Like

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 5:46am On Sep 01, 2019
Sadly, after hours of typing the next post in the new post form; it some how got lost because I mistakenly pressed the back button with my internet connection was off.

In the meant time let me say this to
blackpanthar and other persons of his view that the reason why I am writing all this stories is because I know that when I start saying how to tackle demons and juju and how to walk in divine protection a lot our christian brothers will be tempted to say,"No it can't be that simple. You know nothing about demons and deliverance". When I start to.point out that many of the practices by deliverance ministers in most of our churches today are nothing but ignorance rampage. They will be tempted to say what do you know. When I start saying that all أ that talk about spirit husband and wives is all rubbish they will be tempted to say you know nothing. That has been the issue I have with people offline.When I tell them what you are doing is ignorance at the least and foolishness at the most and outrightly unscriptural they will say he knows nothing. Jus t because I live an absolutey demon unconsious life offline contrary to what blackpanthar thinks. The amount time I spend thinking about Satan, demons, witches and wizard , powers of darkness in a decade is probably one-centrilionth of a second second and that that is the way to go. The reason I am telling these stories so thay you will know that I am not ignorant when I start you those things. It so that when start telling that in the attempt to harm me with juju that I detailed in my " My Encounter with Lucifer" thread , about thirty babalawos and about thirty Cele proohet died and that all I did was exercise simple faith in the word of God you wont be quick to say,"That's impossible. Simple faith in the word of God can't get so many people killed." I deliberately left the babalawo cele prophet deaths out until it is safe to mention them because people may start saying its all fables. If start saying it not prayer thay protects but exercising faith in the wórd of God people won't be qucik to sneer.

These are some the places I am heading for but a I am being forced to jump the gun here because some people think I am just here to bore people with my life's story. I am here to teach incredibly simple bible principles that works but I know a lot of people will stumble across the simplicity if I don't make them realise.that those incredibly simple principles have work for me too many times. I am not here to tell stories, I am not here to entertain.I am here to get people out of the quagmire. That it why I told you my good friend
blackpanthar that you should just tag along until you see the big picture. I hope that now that I have let the cat out of the bag you will be patient to tag along.

I will get back as soon as I can. I need to attend to other things now.

4 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 7:17am On Sep 03, 2019
THE BIRTH OF A TERRORIST

The next day I went to school and started terrorising those students. I started subjecting them to small, small harassement that others cannot notice. I started to unnoticably make sports of them.

They were shocked. They coudn't understand the source of my new found boldness; and, as it was with me, they couldn't muster courage to call me to order or report me.

Even though I had been studying my bible, apparently, the words that I had been studying had not sunk into my spirit. The realife terrorism was not being reflected in my dreams. Even though I knew in real life that if forces rise against me, what I need to do is shout Jesus against them, that knowledge was not following me to the dream world. That was when I realised that it is the word of God that has sunk into a man's spirit that will produce result for him. Those ones in the head or brain are just occupying space. Until they move to your spirit, they are nothing other than MATTER. Anyaway, God did something unusual to handle the situation. I started becoming DOUBLY CONSCIOUS once any force rise against me in the dream. I will suddenly become fully awake and yet fully dreaming. Even though I was awake, I was still participating one hundred percent in the activities in the dream world.. I was also able to see the demonic spirit interracting with me as beings in the dream world.. They were moving from one point to the other in my room. Even though I could see them, they didn't know I could because my eyes were still closed and I pretended to still be sleeping. I was literarily seeing into the spirit world. It was much later that I discovered that that was the gift of discerning of spirits that I manifested.Since, I was now wide awake all I needed to do to tackle those spirits was to use my human brain and just shout Jesus and they will collapse and scuttle away.

The strangest thing happened when my matenal cousin who had been sleeping in another room decided to be sleeping on the same bed with me. That night, when I became doubly conscious I found him lieing close to and making some movements with a finger on my forehead. So, I pretended to be asleep as usual, but said to him silently in my heart,"I rebuke you in Jesus name!". Immediately he rolled away to the other end of the bed. I also proceeded to confronting the other beings in my dream, "I rebuke you in Jesus name.".They fell away as usual and ran off. That was how I realised that my demon-casting friends did not cast out the demon possessing my cousin successfully. I eventually ended up casting it out myself.

The becoming doubly conscious continued until
when God saw that substancial amount of the word I was studying had sunk into my spirit, then it stopped.That was when the real terrorism started.

Once I arrive in the dream world, I just pounce on people unprovoked I start to beat them up. It was as though I already knew who the enemies were. I became ruthless person in the dream. I beat people or beings to stupor. I even killed in the dream.Once in a while I would be enticed to eat in the dream.Once, I wake up and realise it I would just say,"I cancle that eating in the dream in Jesus name" and forget about it.

But there was an issue. Because I believed that the sure way to protect myself from those forces was prayer, I used to pray for two hours before I slept to attack those forces militating against me in the dream and pray for two hours in the morning to attack those ones militating against me in school. You won't believe the calibre of spiritual.weapons I used to use in fighting against them. After binding all the demons in the air, land and on the sea. I start using bomb of the holyghost , antiballistic missiles of the holyghost, sword of the spirit and such like against them. After praying I will be all covered with sweat. Back then, I was a praying machine. If there was anything family feared those day, it was my prayer. If for some reason or the other I failed to pray in the night before I sleep, I would have a bad outing in the dream world; and if for some reason or the other I am unable to pray in the morning after I wake up, I woudn't go to school.That was how I continued my life until my friend Ade, who was a boarder took me to a friend his. He must have told him about my struggles. It was he who showed me my place in christ. He showed me from the word of God that I was seated with Christ Jesus in the heavenly places far above principalities and powers and as such I don't need to fight against them in the first place. I thought,"Wow! Really?" After that day, I stopped praying in the night before I sleep. I realised that, it was fear of being attacked in the dream that was the motivation for those prayers. I prayed only in the morning. If for any reason I was unable to pray in the morning, I still went to school. Whatever happened in the dream, once, I woke up, I refused to pray about them and simply forgot abou it. The nightmare continued, but I kept refusing to pray about them and kept simply forgeting about them. I kept telling mysefl,"I am seated with Christ Jesus in the heavenly places far above principalities and powers. " After some time all those dreams stopped and never returned again.

About that time, I got to read Keneth E. Hagin's Triumpant Church. For the first time in my life I understood spiritual warfare. I finally came to the realisation that all I had been doing in the past was ignorance warfare. I came to realise that Jesus has won all the victory for me I don't need to try to win any victory again. It was in that book that I learned that scriptural spiritual warfare is all about using out faith to enforce our victory in Christ.All the experiences actually lasted till I got to SSS3. It was in SSS3 that I read Triumphant Church. I stopped physically harrassing my possessed school mates and even started being nice to them because I had come to know that I am way, way, way, far far above them and they could't really hurt me in any way. Thay was how I figured out how to tackle demons.

1 Like

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 7:21am On Sep 03, 2019
COMMING UP NEXT:

PRACTICAL SCRIPTURAL WAYS TO TACKLE DEMONS: CASE BY CASE SCENERIOS.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nencounter10: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2019
Please drop a comment after reading to keep the thread afloat so that others can see it and read it.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by butterfly777(m): 9:30am On Sep 03, 2019
Kenneth4u205:

Sir, Christians can't be possessed. They can only be oppressed, and obsessed. All these are different ways of being tormented and deliverance is still necessary. It can be personal deliverance or ministered.

Somebody can be possessed before getting born again. Such people find it difficult to get saved, but they can if the spirit is bound.

Possession means possession of the person's spirit and once you are saved, it is the Holy Spirit that possesses the person's spirit. No demon can't take it.

Before a Christian can be possessed again, he would have denied Christ.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by nnamdiosu(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2019
Hello brother.
For some reasons I just like your person.
Thanks for taking out time to help us learn from your experience.
In love however, I seek to redress and correct a false impression.
Yes we are seated with Christ in heavenly places.
Yes, Jesus has won the victory for us..
BUT WE MUST ENFORCE THE VICTORY.

THATS WHY APOSTLE PAUL SAID WE SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR THE ARMOUR OF GOD ALL THE TIMR. WHY DO WE NEED AN ARMOUR IF WE ARE NIT TO FIGHT. IS THE ARMOUR FOR DANCING?

Paul also said we do not war against flesh and blood but against principalities and power.
Please be guided. We fight. We war. We battle. We.are.Spartans.

Humbly written in love and admiration for you sir.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by butterfly777(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2019
Bro I am totally with you on this. Christians think dealing with demonic forces is by struggle and stress, not knowing that it is simply by Knowing what Jesus has done for us, relaxing and enjoying it. Not trying to pray, pray and pray.

I try to simplify things by the thought that Satan is your boy. But some people find it too easy to believe. They think Satan is powerful and strong, and can ha them if they don't pray, pray and pray endlessly.

I am talking to a friend of mine just now who was complaining of cold, how he can deal with them by Christ. He just kind of tuned off.

' My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge'.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by butterfly777(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2019
nnamdiosu:
Hello brother.
For some reasons I just like your person.
Thanks for taking out time to help us learn from your experience.
In love however, I seek to redress and correct a false impression.
Yes we are seated with Christ in heavenly places.
Yes, Jesus has won the victory for us..
BUT WE MUST ENFORCE THE VICTORY.

THATS WHY APOSTLE PAUL SAID WE SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR THE ARMOUR OF GOD ALL THE TIMR. WHY DO WE NEED AN ARMOUR IF WE ARE NIT TO FIGHT. IS THE ARMOUR FOR DANCING?

Paul also said we do not war against flesh and blood but against principalities and power.
Please be guided. We fight. We war. We battle. We.are.Spartans.

Humbly written in love and admiration for you sir.

My brother, the op is right. We are not to fight or war with the devil and demons. God has fought them and given us the victory. They are our subjects. So what do you do with your subjects? You rule over them. You deal with them. Not war with them again.

This war concept is practiced in some churches, and you see them struggling with the devil. They can't enjoy their sleep. Always trying to fight the devil. Pls that is not Biblically correct.

Let's see what the Bible says.

I'm happy you made reference to putting on the whole armour if God. But the problem started when you left the scriptures and added the common assumption to the scriptures. This practice only leads to errors, and people start stressing themselves and struggling.

That Ephesians 6:11 you quoted says,

Ephesians 6:11
"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil."
This seems too simple to many Christians. That is probably why they do not live by it. We think we must struggle and sweat. This mentality is wrong.

We are to put on the whole armour of God, not because we are starting a war or fight, but we are STANDING on victory that has been won for us, so that we give no place to the devil, our subject.

See the whole text for clarity:

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to STAND against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to WITHSTAND in the evil day, and having done all, to STAND.
14 STAND therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Ephesians 6:11‭-‬14 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/eph.6.11-14.KJV

Did you notice how many times the word STAND was used, and not even a mention of 'fight' or 'battle' or 'war'? The figurative expression 'wrestle' here shows that we actively keep them in line. Disallow them from doing what we don't want them to do.

Let me explain better. When a kingdom has been conquered, the conquerors will leave some of their soldiers there to STAY/STAND/OCCUPY in order to maintain control and subjection of the subjects. When your subjects, in our case the devil and demons, try to go out of line, you deal with them. This is more like resisting than warring. You resist or subject them . You command them:
Go back!
Stay away!
Kneel down there! Get out of there! Etc. It is authoritative.

The summary of this is that Christians are an occupying army, a ruling army, not a combatant army. God has won for us, so we occupy the land of victory. And we do this by preventing them from doing what we disapprove of.

The enemy has been defeated and spoiled. He has no ground against us except we give him ground:
committing sin.
Allowing sickness .
Complaining.
Accepting defeat.
Making negative confessions. Etc.

God wants us to stand and maintain the ground He has won for us. Not continue fighting. It boils down to mindset. Some people try to fight the devil, while some simply DEAL with him. They appear similar but they are far apart.

I am not fighting the devil. I am RULING over him on the ground that Jesus has won for me.

I used to be in the 'warfare' school of thought before. For many years, I was on this. But as I studied the word of God, I gained more knowledge and my Christian Life is better. No stress and gallantly enjoying my God given victory.

Whenever the devil tries to rear his head in form of sickness, bad dreams, failure, temptation, lack, etc, just issue the necessary command. And it gets settled.

Stop combating evil powers, start dealing with them. It begins in your mindset.

Praise God!

3 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Anas09: 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
You saying a demon can possess a Christian is like saying satan and Jesus can live comfortably inside the same house.

This so called deliverance ministries with their false teachings.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
Satan took possession of Peter in the Bible. And bible says to put on Jesus Christ. That will be senseless if Jesus is always on the Christian automatically.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by butterfly777(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
glowingflame7:
Satan took possession of Peter in the Bible. And bible says to put on Jesus Christ. That will be senseless if Jesus is always on the Christian automatically.

Sorry Sir, Satan did not possess Peter. He influenced Peter. Tht means Peter yielded to Satan's by advicing Jesus to do contrary to the will of God that He, Jesus, should die for the sin of the world. That is an example of satanic oppression, not possession. When someone is possessed, Satan has taken over the person's will and consciousness.

4 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by butterfly777(m): 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Op come and continue your work oo.

1 Like

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 11:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
butterfly777:

Sorry Sir, Satan did not possess Peter. He influenced Peter. Tht means Peter yielded to Satan's by advicing Jesus to do contrary to the will of God that He, Jesus, should die for the sin of the world. That is an example of satanic oppression, not possession. When someone is possessed, Satan has taken over the person's will and consciousness.

Satan took over Peter's will, making his will contrary to the will of the Lord. He also took possession of Peter's consciousness, he didn't even know until Jesus pointed it out. If a Christian doesn't put on the Lord Jesus, the flesh or satan may take over for a while.
Also a naive, prayerless and ignorant Christian can be oppressed, manipulated and defeated by the devil. I think this what the others are saying about being possessed. They are not talking about going to witchcraft meeting in the night or being tied like legion.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Harshirama(m): 12:09am On Sep 06, 2019
glowingflame7:

Satan took over Peter's will, making his will contrary to the will of the Lord. He also took possession of Peter's consciousness, he didn't even know until Jesus pointed it out. If a Christian doesn't put on the Lord Jesus, the flesh or satan may take over for a while.
Also a naive, prayerless and ignorant Christian can be oppressed, manipulated and defeated by the devil. I think this what the others are saying about being possessed. They are not talking about going to witchcraft meeting in the night or being tied like legion.

Even if we assume Peter was possessed, he didn't have the holy spirit then. Btw, he was only influenced, Judas was the one possessed.

1 Like

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Harshirama(m): 12:10am On Sep 06, 2019
I think it's better to wait for the OP to continue, I've seen what happens when arguments start. Let's just chill.

2 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2019
Harshirama:

Even if we assume Peter was possessed, he didn't have the holy spirit then. Btw, he was only influenced, Judas was the one possessed.

What is your definition of possession?
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by MuttleyLaff: 3:12am On Sep 06, 2019
Kenneth4u205:
Following your write up, it align with the word of God. I'm a deliverance minister. Will like to correct a minor mistake you made. You said that christian can not be possessed by demons. That's wrong. Demons doesn't waste their time possessing sinners because the don't need demons to continue spinning. Demons are more interested bin possessing Christians today, since no man is perfect. Christians fall into sin that gives this demons the legal right to come in and possess. That's why it's God to repent immediately each time we fall into sin
Believers fall into sin everyday, and thanks to God for Hebrews 4:16, but it doesnt mean demons go in and possess every believer for falling into sin. C'mon, get real now. Of course, demons are opportunists, they will take advantage of opportunities as and when they arise, regardless of whether it was planned or not. If the house door or windows are left open, of course thieves will enter and make away with whatever valuables are inside. They however will not hang about to possess the house, especially if someone is in, they will just quickly thief and leave

Temptation, influences etcetera arent necessarily symptoms or sign of demon or Satan possession. Jesus was tempted but wasnt Satan possessed. Satan tried to influence Jesus, but Jesus wasnt Satan possessed

butterfly777:
Sir, Christians can't be possessed. They can only be oppressed, and obsessed. All these are different ways of being tormented and deliverance is still necessary. It can be personal deliverance or ministered.

Somebody can be possessed before getting born again. Such people find it difficult to get saved, but they can if the spirit is bound.

Possession means possession of the person's spirit and once you are saved, it is the Holy Spirit that possesses the person's spirit. No demon can't take it.

Before a Christian can be possessed again, he would have denied Christ.
Believers cant be possessed because they have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. What do we mean by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? It means, unlike in Old Testament days where the Spirit of God, if and when necessary, comes and goes, the situation now has changed, because God, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, now takes up permanent residence in the body of every believer in Jesus Christ. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is an automatically assigned blessing instantly made available at moment of opening up to God and being receptive about things of God.

Temptation, negative influences, temporary madness, foolishness, ignorance, lack of awareness of fact, truth or knowledge etcetera are not necessarily symptoms of demon or Satan possession

Harshirama:
"Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices."
- 2 Corinthians 2:11

"Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again so that Satan won’t be able to tempt you because of your lack of self-control."
- 1 Corinthians 7:5

"But when I couldn't wait any longer, I sent [Timothy] to find out about your faith. I wanted to see whether the tempter had in some way tempted you, making our work meaningless"
- 1 Thessalonians 3:5

Peter was not possessed, so no need to assume he was, ah you've actually said it sef, yes, Peter was influenced and not possessed as Judas was, whom the bible said Satan entered into.

OK, lets for the benefit of others reading, break this Peter thing down. When believers succumb to the flesh, we operate out of tune with the Spirit, then we inadvertently are helping along the development of the works and progress of Satan

Though Peter was not possessed by Satan, he no doubt, unknowingly, as because the flesh is weak, was promoting an intent and desire of Satan. It is possible that without being possessed, believers, just as like with Peter, because of ignorance, lack of knowlege etcetera
are capable of being or likely to be tempted, influenced etcetera in negative ways when we behave, speak or say things in the flesh, as in, not in the Spirit, and so contrary to the will and word of God. Any of these, are especially done without us even being aware they are done. Peter wasnt aware, by his utterance, he was siding with Satan, however Ananias in Acts 5:3 below, was aware of his and his wife's actions

Eve wasnt possessed by Satan before she ate from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. tkoge), and Peter was not possessed by Satan when he blurted, by saying something that he shouldn't have said. So what's the point here, the point is, believers dont necessarily need to be possessed before they are tempted by Satan. Look at 1 Corinthians 7:5 above, those are married believers, who arent Satan possessed, but are being advised on what to do, so that Satan wouldnt be able to tempt them. Even 2 Corinthians 2:11 and 1 Thessalonians 3:5 above, confirms that believers, without at all being Satan possessed, can be taken advantaged off and can get tempted by Satan

glowingflame7:
Satan, on that occassion, never took over Peter's will nor was Peter possessed by Satan. What happened was that Peter had full capacity of his will, but unwittingly by that his infamous and ignorantly speaking out of turn moment, was promoting, encouraging, fostering the intent and plans of Satan. Unlike, Peter, Judas was of the devil, so it was easy for Satan to enter Judas and take possession of him then put into his heart to betray Jesus

glowingflame7:
""Ananias," said Peter, "why has Satan taken possession of your heart, (i.e. fill to individual capacity) that you should try to deceive the Holy Spirit and dishonestly keep back part of the price paid you for this land?"
- Acts 5:3

3 Likes

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by 1Sharon(f): 4:06am On Sep 06, 2019
undecided

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Harshirama(m): 6:17am On Sep 06, 2019
glowingflame7:

When a demon(s) inhabits s person's spirit, same way a believer is filled with the holy spirit
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2019
Harshirama:

When a demon(s) inhabits s person's spirit, same way a believer is filled with the holy spirit

Mine is more like what MuttleyLaff posted, being used.

Ananias," said Peter, "why has Satan taken possession of your heart, (i.e. fill to individual capacity) that you should try to deceive the Holy Spirit and dishonestly keep back part of the price paid you for this land?"
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Harshirama(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2019
glowingflame7:

Mine is more like what MuttleyLaff posted, being used.

Ananias," said Peter, "why has Satan taken possession of your heart, (i.e. fill to individual capacity) that you should try to deceive the Holy Spirit and dishonestly keep back part of the price paid you for this land?"

Notice he said heart and not spirit.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
Harshirama:

Notice he said heart and not spirit.

E gba mi ke? Heart and spirit, no be the same?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need MFM Deliverance / Praying In Tongues / Mountain of fire Members Please Be Aware Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.