Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Judgment Over An Accusation. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Judgment Over An Accusation. (20961 Views)

Rape Accusation: Aisha Defends Peruzzi / Woman Stripped Unclad In Port-Harcourt Market Over Theft Accusation, Speaks. / MAN O WAR Handcuffs 16-Year-Old Boy To A Bike In Lagos After Wrong Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judgment Over An Accusation. by Ehinjuola: 4:35am On Apr 29, 2022
Hello NLanders,
I got caught up with something on my neck in my neighboood recently.

There's this woman (A) who bought a sewing machine from one woman (B) 9 years ago, suddenly woman B just came from nowhere to come and claim the sewing machine that she sold years back that she only use the machine as a collateral from woman A that she didn't sell it for her.

Now the issue is Woman A has sold the sewing Machine and also insisted that if truly woman's (B) use it as collateral for how many years now she would wish if Woman B paid her back with the interest on the money which the money is way much more than money for 100 sewing machines.

Now questions is, how will I go abt it cause I happened to be one of the landlords in my area( I guess I am the youngest) and we are called to come and judge over the matter.
1. Woman's A doesn't posses the receipt of the sewing machine and as already sold the sewing machine
2. Woman's B want the machine at any cost claiming she has the receipt with her and she will use it against woman's A in court ( If the judgement didn't suite her taste in landlord meeting)

Note: They've gone to police station around early February which they've told woman's A abt the important of receipt and also let it known to woman's B that collateral shouldn't be more than a year and after that the person you borrow something from might as well claim the ownership what you use as collateral (Don't know maybe there's any law backing it though)

Abeg let it gain more audience by pushing it to front page thanks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 29, 2022
Many stories like this do happen, and one very important thing is, As I read, Vitim A is the rightful owner,but sure she will have to lose her property, because she can't provide the recept, which Vitim B claims to have
So ,the initial mistake she made was she didn't request for the recept when she bought it from Vitim B

The very important thing here now is the recept,so we shouldn't make such expensive mistake next time

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Restroom: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2022
No need for argument.

Settle it amicably . That's all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by ikeno(m): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2022
if you watch "judge Judy",then there's no case at all.victim B sold a sewing machine 9yrs ago now she wants to reclaim it.
what if victim A's shop was burgled and the machine was stolen.
or the machine got spoiled and she had to discard it.
in my own opinion, victim B has no case.she can't have her cake and eat it.
she sold her sewing machine 9yrs ago and she was paid now she wants to collect another money after 9yrs.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Afonjamuslim24(f): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Only cone headed Afonjas from the muddy sad west can be this unreasonable in their dealings with fellow humans. They think just like their Slave master, from sad west Iragbiji who still thinks Lagos is his after so many years.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by hopahoduloq: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
ok
The world needs to know about your business, and we're here to make that happen with a professional website for your business.
No Advance payment needed
chat with us today
check my profile for contact

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Devilagentcap: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Which Kain Wahala be this for Friday afternoon. See ehn, some people get problem sha. Issue of 9yrs naim you come dey somersault ontop. Pikin of 9rs old don dey jss1.

Well woman 2 get issue, you life no move forward to come dey reclaim smtin you sold in 2013.

4 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Scottz: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
Victim A bought the machine
Nigeria happened to victim B she’s broke and hence got an idea from an adviser to take a bold step of reclaiming what doesn’t belong to her anymore because she’s got the receipt.

Nigerian courts will embarrass you of course
Victim B will win the case
Except victim A paid through bank transfer and a proof of payment is shown

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Agbavboo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2022
It's very simple
Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by DropsMic(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Be like woman B dey craze

1 Like

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Kingpele(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2022
Wow ..this is a very straightforward case ,first the Blady is a very troublesome woman, u used your sewing machine as collateral to borrow money from a friend A,if that machine was important to her ,she would have come for it almost after one year but now even the value of that money today should be put into consideration plus the interest of the same amount calculated, my brother that lady B will beg ,so the simple thing to do is to ask the ladyA to be ready to buy new machine for the ladyB from the total amount of money she will receive from the ladyB ..I know for sure that the money will be enough for a new machine with some balance..remember to use the present value of naira nine years ago to calculate both the equivalent and the interest rate, that wicked lady A deserve to be thought a lesson..if she couldn't pay her debt even with her collateral, she wouldn't have paid at all without the collateral

12 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Seuntwinsister: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
If B claims it's collateral, fine, let A claim the interest on whatever they transacted has piled up to over a million naira. Let B pay the interest and she will buy her a new sewing machine. Shikina.

18 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by helinues: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
Receipt or no receipt, woman A should present her witnesses during the collateral

Woman B knows what she is doing, woman A can't come from nowhere after 9 years and be claiming the sewing machine . She probably use the sewing machine for collateral

Now that the Woman A has sold the sewing machine, that complicate the issue more
Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by GboyegaD(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Woman B should insist that Woman A provides documents for the loan wherein she gave the sewing machine as a collateral. If she can't then, it can be conclued there was never a loan let alone the need for a collateral.

5 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by Realestatevixen: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by GreatAdvice: 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
This is a very simple case and anyone with half a brain should know that Woman B gave it to Woman A as collateral. It doesn't matter if its 9yrs ago or 9 days ago; Woman A needs to pay the money needed to buy a brand new machine in 2022, plus an annualised interest of 30% and severance pay for all the pain and suffering she has inflicted on Woman B. This is a very sad case, you should never sell someone's property that was handed over to you as collateral unless they default on their debt agreement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by upower123(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
The woman that want to claim the sewing machine is a witch....9 years ago..it is this time that she want to claim the machine...did she wrote any agreement..if it is me I will say I did not take any machine from her...intact I don't know her

8 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by tillaman(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by donziller(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2022
Booked
Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by zinaunreal(m): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
Woman A B & C should go with their wahala.
Jobless landlord

2 Likes

Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
After 9 years Many are mad
Re: Judgment Over An Accusation. by crackhouse(m): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Newborn Baby Dumped Inside A Well, Rescued (photos) / Peacemaker Gets Punched In The Face While Settling A Fight in Lagos / Evans Suffers Another Defeat In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.