Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,641 members, 7,823,818 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) (37132 Views)

Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This / How ‘yahoo Boys’ Influence Skyrocketing Rent In Cities / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by baralatie(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
And u will use generator to make the lift functional
They will import generator to power the whole state
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by IceDune: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2022
Titaniumental:

Yh i know another more frustrated tribal bigot will quote me with some more bigotry,clown
LOL I'm Gbagyi (FCT) so don't lump me in with you lot of tribalist cheesy
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

Nothing we can do to cure " these people" of their childish chestbeating...........but be careful not to rip your rib cage apart with this your latest chestbeating pro max. Same onitsha that we know? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by forgiveness: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
No Nigerian city looks like this 3d rendering. not even Abuja or Onitsha with it's 4 story buildings. Only Onitsha and maybe Aba comes close though, but not quite. Most Nigerian cities are actually towns, not real cities. in this modern times , highrise structures define cityscapes.
In recent times there's been a lot of focus on roads in Nigeria, albeit we still haven't mastered building roads with drainage and sidewalks. Even so , I think attention should also be given to buildings.

In order to achieve this , all Nigerian cities need new city plan. many structures would have to demolished to erect highrise apartments. It may not have to occur all at once, it could be within a period of time , as long as the blue print is followed by successive governments

Only Onitsha and ABA comes close!? Bhuhahaha! shocked

Dis one never reach Ebute, Yaba and even Ikeja not to talk of Lagos gan gan. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Titaniumental: 11:15am On Apr 29, 2022
IceDune:

LOL I'm Gbagyi (FCT) so don't lump me in with you lot of tribalist cheesy
If you ain't one and don't wanna be seen as one,they geddifok outta my mention
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by effort1: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2022
thesicilian:
First things first: let's have enough food to eat

followed by electricity

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nairalandnigga(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2022
This Is Aba City, in Abia State, Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nairalandnigga(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2022
I have been begging Nairaland mods to show us Umuahia city but they refused.
Meanwhile, Umuahia City

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by yemmit90: 11:26am On Apr 29, 2022
Sweetplum:
The economic conditions of a average man cannot make him build this kind building.
Only rouges and politicians dey build this type.
None of those model building ll cost less than N50m. Can an average Nigerian civil servant build that in 30 years? Only few with side hustles or illegal earnings.

Individual has no business building houses.

Government and private sectors should be the ones building and selling houses or apartment by offering montage scheme facility.

You can buy as small as a room self contain, flat, a whole house, etc base on your income or capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Dollywood(m): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2022
SeaTrade:
High Rise doesn't just come because they want to beautify a city.
It is driven by a city's income of its populace,in effect the kind of businesses situated there and the number of such businesses.
The few skyscrapers for Eko Atlantic never even full ,talkless of building such in poorer places like Aba and Onitsha.
The building go just remain empty and fall of on its own due to lack of income from consumers to run the place.
Do you know the running cost of such big buildings? undecided
These things have a lot of economics tied to it,not just emotions or what you think should be.
You speaking nothing but facts.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Limassol(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2022
SUPERPACK:
The question should be why will you have money to build a 25 storey building but can't afford money for renewable energy to power it. Such buildings don't depend on government for power they normally employ wind turbines, solar panels and generators for backup. In fact it should be a law that any new building above a storey should not be allowed to join the national grid to encourage diversification in the energy sector.
Generators? that's unsustainable. Turbines? yo u kidding, right. Listen, just like other commenters made clear, the goverment must provide basic infrastructure like power for the country to witness explosive growth, suggesting the goverment outsource its responsibility to ordinary individuals as ever would take the country nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by 07kjb: 11:35am On Apr 29, 2022
Make tribalism no kill una for here,we all know that you get concentrated high-rise buildings of 5-6 storey buildings in ONITSHA AND ABA MORE THAN ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA why is some people pained

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by SugarGirl44(f): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2022
realestate99:

Nothing we can do to cure " these people" of their childish chestbeating...........but be careful not to rip your rib cage apart with this your latest chestbeating pro max. Same onitsha that we know? Na wa o

It's a generational affliction.

Me sef weak when I see am. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Limassol(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Cities like that run on Electricity to power elevator

I once lived on the 23rd floor of Al Nahda building Sharjah UAE.. Everything was fine and smooth for many months till powercut happened one horrible unforgettable day in the whole of Sharjah

Imagine climbing flights of steps from ground floor, 2 floor parking and 27 step to work, to eat, and to buy groceries

How many Nigerians can pay outrageous electricity bill, gas bill, water bill, waste disposal bill and service and maintenance fee on a monthly bases

Most rich Europeans and Americans prefer suburban houses and mansions to this city towers

Relax man! some of the Europeans you reffered to pay on average 200 EURO on utilities(water, waste,gas,electricity and heating). In Nigeria, for electricity alone, you pay around half that or more depending on many factors, and what do you get in return? unreliable and shitty power supply. pathetic!
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by victoryukpong(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
No Nigerian city looks like this 3d rendering. not even Abuja or Onitsha with it's 4 story buildings. Only Onitsha and maybe Aba comes close though, but not quite. Most Nigerian cities are actually towns, not real cities. in this modern times , highrise structures define cityscapes.
In recent times there's been a lot of focus on roads in Nigeria, albeit we still haven't mastered building roads with drainage and sidewalks. Even so , I think attention should also be given to buildings.

In order to achieve this , all Nigerian cities need new city plan. many structures would have to demolished to erect highrise apartments. It may not have to occur all at once, it could be within a period of time , as long as the blue print is followed by successive governments

boss you fit share the models
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by LaSenior: 11:49am On Apr 29, 2022
High rise building hehehe vum Nepa take light and you dey inside elevator
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by SUPERPACK: 11:50am On Apr 29, 2022
Limassol:
Generators? that's unsustainable. Turbines? yo u kidding, right. Listen, just like other commenters made clear, the goverment must provide basic infrastructure like power for the country to witness explosive growth, suggesting the goverment outsource its responsibility to ordinary individuals as ever would take the country nowhere.
Be ready to wait for eternity.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by IceDune: 11:53am On Apr 29, 2022
Titaniumental:

If you ain't one and don't wanna be seen as one,they geddifok outta my mention

What is geddifok
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by BurnaBaby(f): 11:55am On Apr 29, 2022
This is beautiful and nice, until when NEPA carry light and elevator no work, that is the day you will cherish the Hut in your village to Dubai.

Don't ever pray for what you are not ready to face repercussion when it surfaces.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Sheriman(m): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2022
Let solve hunger and poverty that is ravaging us first before talking of erecting skyscrapers here and there.
Shey you think say poor people they live inside skyscraper con dey beg for food from other downstairs neighbours??
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2022
yemmit90:

Individual has no business building houses.

Government and private sectors should be the ones building and selling houses or apartment by offering montage scheme facility.

You can buy as small as a room self contain, flat, a whole house, etc base on your income or capacity.
Broda Yemi, I blv you are a Nigerian. Is the govt of your country very responsible in the area of building houses or housing estates?
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2022
baralatie:

They will import generator to power the whole state
do you think nah only lift skyscraper dey use The pumps, fire alarm, and other things there, no generator for Nigeria fit power am .. unless u will get rescue team available to rescue trapped ppl, skyscraper need where there's 24/7 steady power supplies
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by baralatie(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
do you think nah only lift skyscraper dey use The pumps, fire alarm, and other things there, no generator for Nigeria fit power am .. unless u will get rescue team available to rescue trapped ppl, skyscraper need where there's 24/7 steady power supplies
Meaning na very,very big generator upon generators them go import be that nau
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by GeneralDae: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2022
pappilo:

Tell me one major western European city Lagos has more skyscrappers than
Berlin, Zurich, Oslo, etc. Even Munich is full of old architectural buildings, not modern skyscrapers.
The major city full of skyscrapers in Europe (perhaps comparable to Newyork and Dubai) is Frankfurt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Owen247: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2022
Compare and contrast this train station with Nigeria’s own.

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by ufuosman(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
thesicilian:
First things first: let's have enough food to eat
Very important
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by whirlwind7(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
This is a pic of Uyo . Imagine if all those bungalows and shanties are demolished and replace with even 8 stories .
The 20 story highrise in Uyo is a good step ,but highrise does not always have to be for office purposes. Nigerians must get used to highrise living ,not necessarily for office purposes.

Have you heard the expression, "putting the cart before the horse?"
That is exactly what you did. Talking about something that isn't practical or workable, given the shitty situation of a horrible, backward country.
Highrise buildings don't just spring up without a steady and stable supply of electricity to lower the elevators installed in them. There are high rises on Lagos Island. My younger bro once worked in an office on the 12th floor of one of those buildings. Because the building manager has to use generators to assure power failures don't interrupt, the elevators are usually operated in the mornings from 8 to 10am, and in the afternoons from 4 to 5pm. On between those hours, you will have to climb the staircase. How is this practical?

Those 4 and 5 storey buildings at Onitsha could have been built into 20 storeys of Nigeria had achieved stable power supply since independence.

It is a no brainer.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by yemmit90: 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2022
Sweetplum:

Broda Yemi, I blv you are a Nigerian. Is the govt of your country very responsible in the area of building houses or housing estates?

Nigeria dont even have what should be called government but assembly of business men and women using the title to steal from national treasury.

For Nigeria to have anything that resemble modern city, private individuals must be bans from erecting different sub-standard structures in our major cities. Government, big organisations and well established private sectors should be in charge of housing. Mortage system should be well structured in such a way that will be very convenient for low or middle class citizens to own a house at city centre.
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Freeman147(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2022
@hammermcc, what is your obsession with multi-storey structures?. I remember your failed/ now deleted post/thread (which I commented on Wednesday, which you have deleted the post and pictures) of the culvert you were casting somewhere, With poor design and over ambitious brokage.

@hammermcc where do you come in in the Real Estate sector? What is your speciality? If not stop mis information in these technical profession.

That Ill design in that deleted post should never be constructed., I repeat.

Work with and learn from professionals., AEC is not for newbies to come and make mistakes like Foreshore/Osibona I.e Ikoyi 21 storey fiasco,. Be humble and learn if you are not a professional, and stop being clannish about your village having high/tall buildings.

Travel out of your village, and explore, you will be amazed at the volume of Highrise buildings above 10 stories in the Far North -Kano,Kaduna,
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2022
yemmit90:

Nigeria dont even have what should be called government but assembly of business men and women using the title to steal from national treasury.

For Nigeria to have anything that resemble modern city, private individuals must be bans from erecting different sub-standard structures in our major cities. Government, big organisations and well established private sectors should be in charge of housing. Mortage system should be well structured in such a way that will be very convenient for low or middle class citizens to own a house at city centre.
That's what am saying too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by TeacherAnas: 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
tony0806 POST=112364610:
Okay
Re: Nigerian Cities Should Look Like This (photo) by Cromagnon: 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
hammermcc:
This is a pic of Uyo . Imagine if all those bungalows and shanties are demolished and replace with even 8 stories .
The 20 story highrise in Uyo is a good step ,but highrise does not always have to be for office purposes. Nigerians must get used to highrise living ,not necessarily for office purposes.
Why
We have land
Who are you trying to force ppl into unsustainable buildings

How do you get water to high rise
Elevator maintenance nko

How many can afford it

Not everything you See abroad you copy without knowing why and how it's like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant / Procedure For Building A Storey Building / Nigerians Are Very Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.