Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 (4563 Views)

Messi Family Attacked At Copa America Final | Solopredict.com / Suarez Joining Messi At Camp Nou?? / Neymar To Join Messi At Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by larimo(m): 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2011
Is Messi really a quality world class game changer? Does only Barcelona bring out the 'best' in him? undecided undecided
I think it would very fair to say that without his team-mates at barcelona, he would just be labelled a talented player.

He has proven again and again that he can't perform the same way with the Argentine team undecided
Or is he just concerned about his paycheck and drops his game when playing ofor his country? grin lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2011
larimo:

Is Messi really a quality world class game changer? Does only Barcelona bring out the 'best' in him? undecided undecided
I think it would very fair to say that without his team-mates at barcelona, he would just be labelled a talented player.

He has proven again and again that he can't perform the same way with the Argentine team undecided
Or is he just concerned about his paycheck and drops his game when playing ofor his country? grin lipsrsealed undecided

my learned friend larimo, no player can be the best without playing with other world class players, OK. that is why b4 you can be world player of the year you must be playing for the barcelonas, the real madrids, the AC milans, the inters, the man u's, the chelseas, the bayern munichs of this world. so dont start up any controversies.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by larimo(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2011
ddippset:

my learned friend larimo, no player can be the best without playing with other world class players, OK. that is why b4 you can be world player of the year you must be playing for the barcelonas, the real madrids, the AC milans, the inters, the man u's, the chelseas, the bayern munichs of this world. so dont start up any controversies.
mr ddippset, the smartest, are you saying that any player that plays for these clubs is a orld class player? undecided. I simply asked for analyses. You need to pass your point cool wink
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by medjai(m): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
Messi has been Argentina's best player so far. The problem is:
1. The tactics: Batista wants his team to play like Barcelona but he doesn't have the right personnel and this made the team look lost and without an identity. They'll be by miles better off if he adopted a system that his players are compatible with. There's no atom of creativity in the middle of the pack. He has opted to play Banega, Cambiasso and Masch - all holding midfielders - leaving Messi with a devilish load of work to do.

2. Messi's team mates have so far refused to step up to the plate. Lavezzi and Tevez have been criminally poor.

Messi has set a standard so high for himself that anything, even a notch below his usual mesmerizing display will be described as a poor performance.
Argentina's best chance against Colombia came from a Messi pass.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 11, 2011
although i dont like messi, you, medjai, are correct. messi has SO much work to do in argentina while the other players laze around. in barca on the other hand, they have xavi and iniesta to even out the work in the team. in argentina (apart from messi) there is not really a playmaker who can distribute plays like xavi and iniesta do. this is why i dont see argentina going too far in this cup. . .i am being realistic. undecided
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Mcleo007(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2011
@op, ur claims are unfounded and cnt really be analysed as there is nothing to cut from it. Messi is just a player playing in a team. The success of otherwise can't be borne by him. Argentina team is flawed and lacks the winning instinct necessary to win a competition.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2011
From what I understand from what some people are saying, there isn't a player who is a flop. Since they can give the same excuses like, the tactics n formation does not fit my style.
A truly great player never hides. Messi doesn't play like an argentine if u really follow argentine football. It is either he plays to argentina's style or them to his.
My opinion.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
Now dats better frm messi!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by mamagee3(f): 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
Messi is an average player hyped up by Fifa, nothing more nothing less. . .

People need to wake up for the love of God.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by sweetguy10(m): 3:32am On Jul 13, 2011
mama-gee:

Messi is an average player hyped up by Fifa, nothing more nothing less. . .

People need to wake up for the love of God.

Drunk woman , Only God knows what you do Over C.ronaldo's Pics in the confines of ur room . Ur loverboy ain't good as the Messiless One alright ??
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
lionel messi is king!

Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2011
for all u haters!!! in d last argentina's match, messi created 7 scoring chances! d highest ever to b created by a single player in copa america! hw about dat tongue grin grin grin grin grin

he is a futball god, ronaldo nd mama gee or wateva shud go nd sit down
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by mamagee3(f): 2:13am On Jul 15, 2011
^^Yeah, against the worst team in the tournament, Costa rica. . . grin grin grin

They couldn't even beat Bolivia, what a freaking joke!!! grin

He's not even the top scorer in the tournament unlike the Champions League when he had Xavi and Iniesta feeding him the ball. grin

I'll watch Uruguay destroy them in the quarterfinals and it'll be just like the World CUP 2010 when Germany ousted them with a 4-0 thrashing. grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
like someone rightly pointed out, messi is talented, bt ya'll hav to admit d barcelona factor. Argentina may play in a manner dt may not bring out d best frm him bt not witstanding, ts obvious he's more suited to d barcelona stlye of play. Look at someone like eto'o. He delivers consistently for both club and country, even though, to me, he is d only star in cameroon. Dia are so many players who single handedly deliver for both club and country, and to me, dat is one of d hallmarks of a great player. To futher buttress ma point as per barcelona, if messi and david silva of mancity swap clubs, i believe messi wont be missed in barcelona. I cant vouch for messi performin d same feat for mancity. Pls i'm nt sayin silva is betta o, bt i'm emphasiszin d influence of em xavi and iniesta @barca.in barcelona. I cant vouch for messi performin d same feat for mancity. Pls i'm nt sayin silva is betta o, bt i'm emphasiszin d influence of em xavi and iniesta @barca.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by saintneo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2011
mama-gee:

^^Yeah, against the worst team in the tournament, Costa rica. . . grin grin grin

They couldn't even beat Bolivia, what a freaking joke!!! grin

He's not even the top scorer in the tournament unlike the Champions League when he had Xavi and Iniesta feeding him the ball. grin

[b]I'll watch Uruguay destroy them in the quarterfinals [/b]and it'll be just like the World CUP 2010 when Germany ousted them with a 4-0 thrashing. grin grin grin

are you a witch? are Miss Hermione Granger? Never mind the Messi worshippers. Messi is just as ordinary as Yakubu . . . lol grin cheesy! Argentina is out and out. With all their army of strikers they couldn't go beyond Uruguay. Even if the army of striker come against Nigeria again, it will still be the 4 -0 bashing. On the Argentine mid-field, I think if Argentina wishes to copy Barcelona, then they should look for proper holding mid-fielders and not sweeping mid-fielders.

Bye Bye Argentina! Ronaldo remains a top player.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by usbcable(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2011
The worst thing was for the coach to want to align his team to the style of barcelona so as to make Messi function.

Unfortunately, anytime the coach does try to put up a selection to his tatse and messi still does not function the coach still ends up receiving the blame. grin

Its like this:

Argentina try to play like Barca: Messi still underperforms: coach receives the blame for not having a mind of his own.

Argentina tries to play like Argentina: Messi still undefperforms: coach is accussed of not using Messi in the right role as he is unsed in barca.

Argentina leaves Messi out of the squad: HE GETS SACKED FOR STUPIDITY. grin grin grin grin

the moment one realises that argentina and barcelona are 2 seperate entities then you wont expect much from the WFOTY. wink

@ mama-gee,
you wicked sha, or you be proper oganje/winsh. How did Argentina not beat a ten man Uruguay.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by usbcable(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
ehm ehm,
this bring to mind a famous quote;

''barcelona is a finished product, , (argentina) is a work in progress''

cheesy cheesy cheesy
so there is still room for improvement from la messia
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by montelik(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
usbcable:

The worst thing was for the coach to want to align his team to the style of barcelona so as to make Messi function.

Unfortunately, anytime the coach does try to put up a selection to his tatse and messi still does not function the coach still ends up receiving the blame. grin

Its like this:

Argentina try to play like Barca: Messi still underperforms: coach receives the blame for not having a mind of his own.

Argentina tries to play like Argentina: Messi still undefperforms: coach is accussed of not using Messi in the right role as he is unsed in barca.

Argentina leaves Messi out of the squad: HE GETS SACKED FOR STUPIDITY. grin grin grin grin

the moment one realises that argentina and barcelona are 2 seperate entities then you wont expect much from the WFOTY. wink

@ mama-gee,
you wicked sha, or you be proper oganje/winsh. How did Argentina not beat a ten man Uruguay.

Well said. D boy is 24, they shouldn't be putting that much responsibility and expectation on his shoulders.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by medjai(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
dademola:

like someone rightly pointed out, messi is talented, bt ya'll hav to admit d barcelona factor. Argentina may play in a manner dt may not bring out d best frm him bt not witstanding, ts obvious he's more suited to d barcelona stlye of play. Look at someone like eto'o. He delivers consistently for both club and country, even though, to me, he is d only star in cameroon. Dia are so many players who single handedly deliver for both club and country, and to me, dat is one of d hallmarks of a great player. To futher buttress ma point as per barcelona, if messi and david silva of mancity swap clubs, i believe messi wont be missed in barcelona. I cant vouch for messi performin d same feat for mancity. Pls i'm nt sayin silva is betta o, bt i'm emphasiszin d influence of em xavi and iniesta @barca.in barcelona. I cant vouch for messi performin d same feat for mancity. Pls i'm nt sayin silva is betta o, bt i'm emphasiszin d influence of em xavi and iniesta @barca.
Are you sure about that?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/02/2555464/he-has-done-his-best-leave-it-to-the-rest-cameroon-fans
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
messi was introduced to the world at the holland 2005 tournement. we all saw his marvels as he took his age mates to the cleaners. were xavi and iniesta there? tevez misses a penalty. no one blames tevez for it. intead messi talkes the blame for tevez's miss. i bet if your wife had a miscarriage you'd blame it on messi
too.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
haters body yourselves some more. the minority can never be stopped from having their say. what could i say or do? get a duck tape and place it across your lips?  we the majority know that messi is the greatest footballer in the world, messi is the greatest footballer of this generation and messi is one of the greatest footballers in the history of the game. he will win the ballon d'or 2011. if you dont like this then you can **** *** ******* **** and dont forget i speak for the majority. so long.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by semid4lyfe(m): 4:41am On Jul 19, 2011
ddippset:

haters body yourselves some more. the minority can never be stopped from having their say. what could i say or do? get a duck tape and place it across your lips?  we the majority know that messi is the greatest footballer in the world, messi is the greatest footballer of this generation and messi is one of the greatest footballers in the history of the game. he will win the ballon d'or 2011. if you dont like this then you can **** *** ******* **** and dont forget i speak for the majority. so long.

Lol. . . .this Messi love don too much o tongue
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Lol. . . .this Messi love don too much o tongue
my brother you no lie at all. but i think the messi hatred is relatively much more!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2011
medjai:

Are you sure about that?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/02/2555464/he-has-done-his-best-leave-it-to-the-rest-cameroon-fans
eto's performances for his country mite not be d same wit his club performances bt i fink his own case is still betta dan messi's.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2011
ddippset:

messi was introduced to the world at the holland 2005 tournement. we all saw his marvels as he took his age mates to the cleaners. were xavi and iniesta there? tevez misses a penalty. no one blames tevez for it. intead messi talkes the blame for tevez's miss. i bet if your wife had a miscarriage you'd blame it on messi
too.
hehehehe!! Holland 2005 was a youth tournament, if ma memory serves me right. Then, he was playin against fellow youngsters like himself. We are talkin about d present, brova. Dis guy has failed to replicate his club form for his country. I'd rili like to see wot happens if he eventually leaves barca. If he can reproduce his barca form anywia else, i go tuale for am. Dat is why i rate cristiano ronaldo above him
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 8:12am On Jul 19, 2011
dademola:

hehehehe!! Holland 2005 was a youth tournament, if ma memory serves me right. Then, he was playin against fellow youngsters like himself. We are talkin about d present, brova. Dis guy has failed to replicate his club form for his country. I'd rili like to see wot happens if he eventually leaves barca. If he can reproduce his barca form anywia else, i go tuale for am. Dat is why i rate cristiano ronaldo above him
fellow youngsters like himself. yeah that's the point. so you prefer to compare him with people older than him? see how you shot yourself in the foot? ronaldo o please. call someone else. there is no bigger flop on international level than ronaldo.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2011
dademola:

you call it a youth tournament yet if your country wins it with over aged players you will be jumping about like you won a lottery. if messi could shine at such young age that shows his natural talent. now let me here you say he performed well and single handedly dismantled NIGERIAin that tournament because of xavi and iniesta. common say it.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
ddippset:

you call it a youth tournament yet if your country wins it with over aged players you will be jumping about like you won a lottery. if messi could shine at such young age that shows his natural talent. now let me here you say he performed well and single handedly dismantled NIGERIAin that tournament because of xavi and iniesta. common say it.
if ma country wins such a turnament, as a patriotic citizen, i'd definitely celebrate. And if ma memory serves me right, needless penalties conceded by d nigerian team cost us d trophy dt year. Believe it or not, messi is a gud plyr, no doubt, bt without xavi and iniesta, he struggles!!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
ddippset:

fellow youngsters like himself. yeah that's the point. so you prefer to compare him with people older than him? see how you shot yourself in the foot? ronaldo o please. call someone else. there is no bigger flop on international level than ronaldo.
so, for messi to perform on d international stage, it must be @ an age grade competition, abi?? Hehehhehehhe, if dats d case, ts a BIG SHAME!!! Ronaldo mite not hav done so well for his country bt @ least, he led dem to d final of euro 2004. Take it or leave it, CR7 has proven himself more!! Ts pple like u who obviously voted messi for d last ballon d'or wen he didnt even hav win any trophy. Pls, lets put sentiments aside hia,
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
dademola:

so, for messi to perform on d international stage, it must be @ an age grade competition, abi?? Hehehhehehhe, if dats d case, ts a BIG SHAME!!! Ronaldo mite not hav done so well for his country bt @ least, he led dem to d final of euro 2004. Take it or leave it, CR7 has proven himself more!! Ts pple like u who obviously voted messi for d last ballon d'or wen he didnt even hav win any trophy. Pls, lets put sentiments aside hia,

he ddnt have any trophy abi? scoring 47 goals in 53 appearances is not enuf 4 u haters abi? grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2011
dabraska:

he ddnt have any trophy abi? scoring 47 goals in 53 appearances is not enuf 4 u haters abi? grin grin grin
even if he scored 1000goals nko??ts common knowledge dt winning d ballon d'or and winnin a major trophy, go hand-in-hand. Messi?? Wen xavi, iniesta and scheijder dey dia Sentiments and bias if u ask me. So it means ronaldo too shld b d next winner since he too scored more dan 50 goals last season!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Do You Know This Guy On Bet9ja **pix** / Dressing Like C-ronaldo Will Cost You Awful More, As Bale's Outfit Worth £902 Wh / Meet Arsenal's New Striker - Goal.com Mocks The Gunners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.