Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 (4568 Views)

Messi Family Attacked At Copa America Final | Solopredict.com / Suarez Joining Messi At Camp Nou?? / Neymar To Join Messi At Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2011
dabraska:

he ddnt have any trophy abi? scoring 47 goals in 53 appearances is not enuf 4 u haters abi?  grin grin grin
even if he scored 1000goals nko??ts common knowledge dt winning d ballon d'or and winnin a major trophy, go hand-in-hand. Messi?? Wen xavi, iniesta and scheijder dey dia Sentiments and bias if u ask me. So it means ronaldo too shld b d next winner since he too scored more dan 50 goals last season!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
FYI, d balloon d' or is given 2 d best player of the season, not d most successful player of d season! dere's a difference! him scoring 47 goals dat season makes him d best player in d league and in d season! s only place i can agree wif u, is d part of sneidjer! and mind u, messi had 1 of d highest assists in d world cup so he deserves it! sneidjer shud hv bn on d list but neva d balloon d'or winner! get dat straight! moreover, it is coaches and players dat vote d balloon d'or winner, wen they've seen wat messi has done 2 dem, dey cant jst lie dat he's nt d best

and mind u, ronaldo and messi were both on 53 goals last season so y shud ronaldo win it dis yr? and dnt forget dat messi had d highest assists in la liga! with both d champs league and d la liga trophy!

puttin sentiments asyd, messi is anyone's boss until further notice! over!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
this discussion is pointless. . . . . . . many would even dare to compare Messi with Maradona?!

the answer is right there in fron t of y'all eyes, Maradona was great at club level and EVEN GREATER at country level, Messi is shiit when playing for Argentina. the guy was booed and insulted by his country men during the uruguay match. YES he is a great player, NO he isnt the GREATEST. . . . . . .far from it!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2011
dabraska:

FYI, d balloon d' or is given 2 d best player of the season, not d most successful player of d season! dere's a difference! him scoring 47 goals dat season makes him d best player in d league and in d season! s only place i can agree wif u, is d part of sneidjer! and mind u, messi had 1 of d highest assists in d world cup so he deserves it! sneidjer shud hv bn on d list but neva d balloon d'or winner! get dat straight! moreover, it is coaches and players dat vote d balloon d'or winner, wen they've seen wat messi has done 2 dem, dey cant jst lie dat he's nt d best

and mind u, ronaldo and messi were both on 53 goals last season so y shud ronaldo win it dis yr? and dnt forget dat messi had d highest assists in la liga! with both d champs league and d la liga trophy!

honestly, u amuse me!! Was cannavaro d best plyr in d yr 2006?? Y do u fink he won d ballon d'or @ dt time?? When henry was soring loads of goals@ arsenal, wasnt it biased pple like u dt sed he shld win a major trophy before he cld be numero uno?? It is common knowledge dt preference is usually given to plyrs dt have major trophies to show for dia contribution. Point of correction; wit xavi and iniesta, messi is d best. Period!!messi has done 2 dem, dey cant jst lie dat he's nt d best

[quote][/quote] honestly, u amuse me!! Was cannavaro d best plyr in d yr 2006?? Y do u fink he won d ballon d'or @ dt time?? When henry was soring loads of goals@ arsenal, wasnt it biased pple like u dt sed he shld win a major trophy before he cld be numero uno?? It is common knowledge dt preference is usually given to plyrs dt have major trophies to show for dia contribution. Point of correction; wit xavi and iniesta, messi is d best. Period!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 10:39am On Jul 22, 2011
it's simple. the best player of the world cup has always won the ballon d or for that year. that has been a trend not a law. this thing is done by VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING! IT TOOK A PLAYER LIKE MESSI TO BREAK THAT TREND. pls just try and understand. please.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2011
ddippset:

it's simple. the best player of the world cup has always won the ballon d or for that year. that has been a trend not a law. this thing is done by VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING VOTING! IT TOOK A PLAYER LIKE MESSI TO BREAK THAT TREND. pls just try and understand. please.
yeah. because biased and sentimental pple like u voted. Lets do some elementary math: messi+iniesta+xavi= awesome. Messi without dem=struggling and frustration!!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2011
dademola:

yeah. because biased and sentimental pple like u voted. Lets do some elementary math: messi+iniesta+xavi= awesome. Messi without dem=struggling and frustration!!!
lmao lmao lmao. So mr dademola of 6 billion people on our planet earth you think you re in the best position to tell who is sentimental and who's not? Stay there and do your math at the end of it you mite come up with a formular to stop lionel messi from winning his third ballon dor this year and maybe 5 in total by his retirement. I hope the same sentimental people vote come december.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by seunspice(m): 1:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Copa America 2011 is one to be quickly forgotten by the book makers. All the big teams fell and most of the big boys messed up. What happened to Dani Alves? Messi is no doubt a great player, possibly ranking with the best there ever was but , much of his greatness is embedded in the Barca factor. Swap Messi for Ronaldo today and see what wonders Ronaldo would perform in a Barca shirt. The only problem with Ronnie is his attitude (Oh! ain't that lad haughty?).
Messi has been over hyped because of his achievements at Barca, i even read on another thread here on NL where an ignoramus claimed that Messi was a regular at Barca before Xavi and Iniesta even made the team. Such stupidity! Both guys (Ronaldo and Messi) are just developing at their mid 20s and they are not yet at their peaks (mark my words). The best players in the world are Xavi and Iniesta. They were both in the world cup winning spanish team and have been the crux of the Barca team since Ronaldinho left.
Also CR7 has proved himself in at least 2 leagues (England and Spain) topping the goal scorers chart in both leagues and practically carrying his teams on his shoulders so far.

To be as good as they could be, Ronaldo and Messi need to sort out the following

Messi: The need to prove himself to outside of the Barca shirt. We could forgive the 2010 world cup flop but is this Copa performance a coincidence? A starling performance in 2014 would secure his place in folklore for life.
Ronaldo: Pride robs players of their full potentials as in the case of talents like Cantona etc. he needs to be more of a team player and subdue his ego. (with these two, he would be undoubtedly the best)
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
seunspice:

Copa America 2011 is one to be quickly forgotten by the book makers. All the big teams fell and most of the big boys messed up. What happened to Dani Alves? Messi is no doubt a great player,  possibly ranking with the best there ever was but ,  much of his greatness is embedded in the Barca factor. Swap Messi for Ronaldo today and see what wonders Ronaldo would perform in a Barca shirt. The only problem with Ronnie is his attitude (Oh! ain't that lad haughty?).
Messi has been over hyped because of his achievements at Barca, i even read on another thread here on NL where an ignoramus claimed that Messi was a regular at Barca before Xavi and Iniesta even made the team. Such stupidity! Both guys (Ronaldo and Messi) are just developing at their mid 20s and they are not yet at their peaks (mark my words). The best players in the world are Xavi and Iniesta. They were both in the world cup winning spanish team and have been the crux of the Barca team since Ronaldinho left.
Also CR7 has proved himself in at least 2 leagues (England and Spain) topping the goal scorers chart in both leagues and practically carrying his teams on his shoulders so far.

To be as good as they could be, Ronaldo and Messi need to  sort out the following

Messi: The need to prove himself to outside of the Barca shirt. We could forgive the 2010 world cup flop but is this Copa performance a coincidence? A starling performance in 2014 would secure his place in folklore for life.
Ronaldo: Pride robs players of their full potentials as in the case of talents like Cantona etc. he needs to be more of a team player and subdue his ego. (with these two, he would be undoubtedly the best)

bros, u hav facts and i wont rule u out lyk dat! but i nid to ask u, Iniesta had a bad season last season, and ddnt play frequently due to injuries! he had 29 apperances in d league most of which he came on as a sub, and messi scored 47 goals! was he instrumental in messi's goal scoring season??
It took 4 yrs 4 Ronaldo to adjust to Man utd, and please, if Messi was in Ronaldo shoes, havin, Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Tevez, and Park wif him, he wud have done even more dan Ronaldo! C'mon dese guys r legends, and it was bcus of Ronaldo's individual gamestyle dat limited his performance at man utd, though he scored 42 goals.

Ask ursef! if u manage to score 42 goals in a season and u r bought 4 80million pounds 2 d richest club in d world, packed wif world class young players, do u nid a soothsayer to tell u dat u will perform? Obviously NOT! I still stand on d fact dat any player will do well tagged with other players lyk Benzema Higuain, Kaka, Alonso,Di maria, Ozil, Lass Diarra, Khedira, d list is endless!

And i can confidently say dat, Messi would hav even scored more dan him given d fact dat Ronaldo scored almost 9 goals in d space of 3 games, wen messi was being rested and ddnt play full tym ahead of d champs league final!

you also claim dat wifout xavi nd iniesta, messi will not perform, but i keep asking! he scored 53 goals all season, how many of d goals were assisted by xavi and iniesta?? basically since he cant do wifout dese two, dey shud hav a huge share of d assists from d goals messi scored. For instance, he scored 53, xavi and iniesta shud hold lyk 80% assist of dose goals innit?

Now as at d end of the season,

Assists La Liga CL Copa SSC Total
Messi 20 4 3 0 27
Dani Alves 15 3 2 1 21
Xavi 8 3 4 1 16
Iniesta 5 6 3 1 15
Villa 11 1 1 0 13
Pedro 10 2 1 0 13
Busquet 3 3 0 0 6
Thiago 0 1 4 0 5
Keita 3 0 2 0 5
Bojan 2 0 1 0 3
Adriano 1 2 0 0 3
Maxwell 1 0 0 1 2
Sergi Roberto 1 0 0 0 1
Jeffren 1 0 0 0 1
Affelay 0 1 0 0 1
Nolito 0 0 1 0 1
Fontas 1 0 0 0 1
Pique 1 0 0 0 1
Abidal 0 1 0 0 1

so r u seeing dat d both xavi nd iniesta made only 31 assists within demselves? even if dey both get to giv dose 31 assists 2 messi alone, it will b dat messi even scored 22 goals by himself! mscheww!!

messi cant perform wifout dem and he has d highest number of assists in d league! did he assist his own goals?? mscheww!!

d earlier u guys start 2 face reality, d beta 4 y'all!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
messi has understood barcelona's gamestyle very well, compared to Argentina where dey get to play once in a while, he is not a magician dat will change d mentality of his players. Argentina right nw, is a bunch of young star-studed individual shiners. There is no team work! and how do u get dat, by building d team from scratch and over tym, d chemistry begins to show forth!! d sacking of coaches isnt helping matters.

For now! messi is d greatest player ever! dere is no argument! And wait! who is maradona?? can u compare d game play dose days 2 d one nw??

In those days futball was played 4 d passion but rite nw, it is played for d MONEY!!! it is strictly business nw, and d pace and strength has increased overtym! So 4 a player to do dese great tins in dis our tym, den he shud b d best ever! BUT dont geme wrong! maradona is a very very talented player, one of d best!

Any1 sayin dat Messi shud go to anoda club b4 he is regarded as d best is totally shallow in his approach to futball! so bcus Maldini, Giggs, and Raul (b4 he transferred 2 shalke) were not gud players??
And Anelka and Milito shud b regarded as d best players ever nw, since they hv performed in all leagues dey've been to. mscheww!!!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by seunspice(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2011
@Danraska,
It is a little known fact in football that the midfield is the engine room of any team. Thus a midfield with Xavi and Iniesta ( the 2 players with the highest ratio of completed passed over the past 3 years) would only dictate the play and make whoever plays in the attack look good. I am not saying Messi is not a good player. He is however not as good as people make him look to be. He's got skills, a very good balance and burst of space, his ability to go past players is second only to the peak of the Ronaldinho days but believe me, we have seen Messi without Xavi and Iniesta and he didnt look as good.
You mentioned the Man U and Real midfielders, Your footie mind should have made you realize that the Man U midfield would never be as good as this Barca midfield (and i am an ardent Man U fan) even with 11 versions of a youthfull Giggs and Scholes in there. Barca has taught us that crisp short definitive passes wreck more havoc than long passes which United's midfield uses to devastating effects in the EPL. The Real midfield in effect has great players in it, but how long have these guys played together for? You mentioned Lass Diara who is not a regular, Kaka who had an Injury blighted season, Khedira , a player in his first season, same with Ozil. Di maria who was so frightened at the first el classico he hardly put a foot right. You can't compare these players to a team that has players who have been together from their teens and only inject pros at positions that need outsourcing.
You have made your point and i agree with you to an extent. i made my point as well and listed what i feel Messi and Ronaldo need to do to be at the pinnacle of the game. They may both have won the champions league and domestic leagues, but neither has won a senior world cup or a continental trophy from their federations yet.
Nuff said
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2011
seunspice:

@Danraska,
It is a little known fact in football that the midfield is the engine room of any team. Thus a midfield with Xavi and Iniesta ( the 2 players with the highest ratio of completed passed over the past 3 years) would only dictate the play and make whoever plays in the attack look good. I am not saying Messi is not a good player. He is however not as good as people make him look to be. He's got skills, a very good balance and burst of space, his ability to go past players is second only to the peak of the Ronaldinho days but believe me, we have seen Messi without Xavi and Iniesta and he didnt look as good.
You mentioned the Man U and Real midfielders, Your footie mind should have made you realize that the Man U midfield would never be as good as this Barca midfield (and i am an ardent Man U fan) even with 11 versions of a youthfull Giggs and Scholes in there. Barca has taught us that crisp short definitive passes wreck more havoc than long passes which United's midfield uses to devastating effects in the EPL. The Real midfield in effect has great players in it, but how long have these guys played together for? You mentioned Lass Diara who is not a regular, Kaka who had an Injury blighted season, Khedira , a player in his first season, same with Ozil. Di maria who was so frightened at the first el classico he hardly put a foot right. You can't compare these players to a team that has players who have been together from their teens and only inject pros at positions that need outsourcing.
You have made your point and i agree with you to an extent. i made my point as well and listed what i feel Messi and Ronaldo need to do to be at the pinnacle of the game. They may both have won the champions league and domestic leagues, but neither has won a senior world cup or a continental trophy from their federations yet.
Nuff said

well said brova, well said!! now i agree wif u completely!! u see we r on d same page! not lyk sum blind critics dat jst want 2 pull him down.
Nice comment!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by seunspice(m): 1:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
Thanks brov, your statistics break down enlightened me a lot and i have also confirmed it to be true. Good work and cheers.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
seunspice:

@Danraska,
Nuff said
united we stand, brova!!!man utd rules(even though barca dey trash us wit ease)!!!! u didnt hav to say d ronaldo-messi swap. u shld jst hav sed d messi-david silva swap. i've always sed dt if someone like chamakh( wit all due respect to arsenal fans) goes to barca, he wld shine like a million stars! look @ pedro rodriguez. d guy doesnt strike me as an outstanding plyr(he may be a good one) bt look @ his accomplishments at barca!!!! look @ pique too!!! because barca and spain usually dominate their games,and he has virtually nofin to do, sme pple say he is d best defender in europe!!!!!!! imagine if u havnt seen messi play for barca and ur first evaluation of him has to come in an argentina shirt!! wnt u smack anybody dt tells u messi is d best in d world? POINT IS DAT BARCA XAVI AND INIESTA BRING OUT D BEST IN MESSI, PERIOD!!barcelona!!!!!!!!! 10xs for making some players look EXTRA-ORDINARY!!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
dademola:

united we stand, brova!!!man utd rules(even though barca dey trash us wit ease)!!!! u didnt hav to say d ronaldo-messi swap. u shld jst hav sed d messi-david silva swap. i've always sed dt if someone like chamakh( wit all due respect to arsenal fans) goes to barca, he wld shine like a million stars! look @ pedro rodriguez. d guy doesnt strike me as an outstanding plyr(he may be a good one) bt look @ his accomplishments at barca!!!! look @ pique too!!! because barca and spain usually dominate their games,and he has virtually nofin to do, sme pple say he is d best defender in europe!!!!!!!  imagine if u havnt seen messi play for barca and your first evaluation of him has to come in an argentina shirt!! wnt u smack anybody dt tells u messi is d best in d world? POINT IS DAT BARCA XAVI AND INIESTA BRING OUT D BEST IN MESSI, PERIOD!!barcelona!!!!!!!!! 10xs for making some players look EXTRA-ORDINARY!!!

u see d reason y i cant argue wif u?? wen u get to make points, always read thru wat u hav written so dat u dnt mis-yarn.

now u sed if chamakh comes to barcelona, he wud shine, wat happened to Ibrahimovic?? wat happened to hleb? y did we hv to sell bojan and buy alexis sanchez? u r not a sooth sayer to say who will shine at where!! And incase u ddnt know, Pedro startd out as a youth team player b4 he had his shirt in barcelona. Can u imagine wat is actually comin out 4rm ur mouth?
Players lyk Deco, Ronaldinho and even Eto were sold 4 dese guys, if pedro wasnt an outstanding player, he wudnt b in d 1st team in barcelona and dats a fact.

oh! i finally get it! u r a man utd fan! well unlike my man utd friends nd "seunspice", u belong to d set of man utd fans dat always see tins in d negative aspect of ur rival clubs. well am a barcelona fan and i hav a huge respect 4 ur guys especially Rooney and Giggs! Awesome players!!

But please we r a team! 1 or 2 players dnt make a team. xavi's presence is greatly felt as well as iniesta's presence, as well as Dani Alves's presence, even up to Victor Valdez!

u also mentioned Pique! can u honestly compare d form of Pique to ur defender Ferdinard?? gimme a break!

Messi has under-performed in Argentina but dat dosent give u d right to say dat xavi nd iniesta r behind his success. Instead d Argies r behing his failure! y do dey kip employin Argentines as coaches, y cant dey try foreign coaches? It seems u dnt watch futball, u jst perch on wat pple say around u! wat has ur top striker Rooney, achieved in an England shirt? yet to me, he is one of the top 4 strikers in d premiership!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2011
@dabraska. i aint interested in arguing wit u, cos obviously, i will have nofin to gain intellectually!!! now, wen i say barca, i dnt fink i nid to remind u d obvious:i'm refering to d guardiola era!!!!!! u cant compare dis era to any oda barca era in terms of d combination of winnin matches, trophies by playing outstanding football!!so, mentionin hleb and d likes is, dnt lemme say wots on ma mind. wasnt ibrahimovic one of ur top scorers wen he was there?? u talk about pique!! isnt it common knowledge dat barcelona occassionally play defensive midfielders at centre-back, and dey seldom get punished. hw many teams try dat in europe?? dia are games where gabby milito will be on d bench and u see busquets @ center back!!why because dey dominate possession!! wen pique was @ united, he was @ d same level wit jonny evans and till present, i cant rili see much difference!! my point; PUT TITUS BRAMBLE @ CENTRE BACK FOR BARCELONA, AND U WILL FINK A NEW MALDINI HAS BIN BORN!!!! alexis sanchez?? yes!! bt remember d obvious; one player will get to sit on d bench amongst him, pedro and villa. d one dat sits on d bench, according to u, isnt good enof, then!! u say i see tins frm a negative perspective?? isnt it obvious barcelona are d best side on d planet presently?? isnt it obvious messi deserves d forthcoming ballon d'or?? we are talking about messi being used to a particular style of play!! we are talking about him not showing d desired flexibility and adaptability needed to lift his country!!u talk about rooney!! has rooney ever bin compared to maradona?? d ronaldo u even talk about, has he ever bin compared to pele. have dis plyrs ever bin refferd to as gods?? on a final note; 'WATCHING' FOOTBALL ON D PAGES OF NEWSPAPERS, AND LISTENING TO HIGHLIGHTS FRM DOS DT WATCH D GAME isnt helping u, bro!! it only marks ur arguments and football reasoning to b warped!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by seunspice(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2011
My pals, lets not forget something. This Barcelona is not just a team, it is an institution and time after time any player that does not fit into the institution is shipped out. There is a perceived Catalan way of life. These players are rich but don't flaunt it, they are talented but ain't proud, they are pilling accolades and results but they are not loud about it. it is just the catalan way. Players who have problems in this team if you check are players who are not ready to conform to the lifestyle. Ibra would never have been a perfect fit because his ego is second only to C Ronaldo. Eto started having issues after his 'Madrid bastards' rant (Barca might hate the Madrid team/setup but they wont insult a team that had Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul, Ramos, Carlos, Salgado and Ronald in public). Players like Kluivert, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho etc had been shipped out at one point or the other for non conformance.
So for a closely guarded unit as this with probably the highest level of unity in any soccer team you can only go up from there as a player.
Why will Barca be so insistent on bringing Fabregas back in? they know what has been invested in the player while in their youth ranks and probably believe he is the natural successor to xavi. No other team believes more in the home grown talent cliche in Europe, Lets not deviate too much though, Barca are the best team to ever kick the ball and thus their players are shoulder high above the rest. Messi might be a shade different out of the Barca shirt\team but he still is probably untouchable as we speak.
Any team that makes United look so ordinary and turns the likes of Park, Valencia, Giggs and Carrick to passengers in a game deserve all the accolades they get. it doesn't get better than that.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
seunspice:

My pals, lets not forget something. This Barcelona is not just a team, it is an institution and time after time any player that does not fit into the institution is shipped out. There is a perceived Catalan way of life. These players are rich but don't flaunt it, they are talented but ain't proud, they are pilling accolades and results but they are not loud about it. it is just the catalan way. Players who have problems in this team if you check are players who are not ready to conform to the lifestyle. Ibra would never have been a perfect fit because his ego is second only to C Ronaldo. Eto started having issues after his 'Madrid bastards' rant (Barca might hate the Madrid team/setup but they wont insult a team that had Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul, Ramos, Carlos, Salgado and Ronald in public). Players like Kluivert, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho etc had been shipped out at one point or the other for non conformance.
So for a closely guarded unit as this with probably the highest level of unity in any soccer team you can only go up from there as a player.
Why will Barca be so insistent on bringing Fabregas back in? they know what has been invested in the player while in their youth ranks and probably believe he is the natural successor to xavi. No other team believes more in the home grown talent cliche in Europe, Lets not deviate too much though, Barca are the best team to ever kick the ball and thus their players are shoulder high above the rest. Messi might be a shade different out of the Barca shirt\team but he still is probably untouchable as we speak.
Any team that makes United look so ordinary and turns the likes of Park, Valencia, Giggs and Carrick to passengers in a game deserve all the accolades they get. it doesn't get better than that.

bro u r too much, honestly, cud u make sense wif wat dademola wrote? d question he is asking is wat my 10 yr old cousin, who dosent knw anytin apart 4rm messi and Ronaldo askd me! can u imagine?? my younger bro is laffn here sef!

he has turned messi into sum sort of game character dat goes into any team and scores goals! he compared pique to Jonny Evans! Jesus Christ!! i wonder if dis guy watches futball at all. Pique dat won d highest amount of balls last season! even more dan puyol! (shaking my head).
He further talkd about DM's being played as defenders, isnt it common knowledge dat DM's hv a defensive role to play? i mean, Marquez was converted 2 a defender, Yaya toure, who played defence in d finals against man utd in 2009, mascherano, busquets. y cant defensive midfielders play as defenders?? wasnt Kompany, nigel de jong DM's b4 they were converted? wasnt Vermalen a DM also? if a coach has found out dat a DM is more active as a defender, y nt use him as 1?
Gabi Milito dat has been battling fitness problems since 2009 shud b used ahead of a fit player dat cud defend?? u see wat i am sayin? if not 4 mascherano's bravery against bendtner against arsenal (incase he has forgotten), wud we hv won d Champs league?? was mascherano a defender? mscheww!

It was even d Ibrahimovic's comment dat annoyed me! he was 1 of our top scorers! hw can pedro, a winger, his shirt was still threatened at dat tym, score more goals dan d top striker in a team?? and judging from d various clear chances he missed, was sure dat he ddnt fit!

was barca made by xavi and iniesta?? so 4rm wat i can gather 4rm mr dademola's comments is dat if xavi nd iniesta were removed 4rm barca, messi or any oda player will hv a hard tym performing. wat rubbish!! I stil kip on sayin dat barca is a team and evrybody makes d team! even to victor valdez. At least, he has saved us a couple of tyms!

Anyways Man utd rules!! u guys hv d season again as chelsea has decided to employ a teenager as coach! lwkmd!! grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
most of dese pple talk based on all dese manager games dey play; football manager and d rest! FYI most of dese games arent real! dnt get deceived!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Milldon(m): 3:10am On Jul 31, 2011
U guys r blind! Messi is only a talented player in a barca shirt. Wen u talk of a great player anytime anyday. And both country and club(s). Give to luis suarez.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by marcus1234: 7:15am On Jul 31, 2011
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by lafuria1(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2011
Messi! messi! messi!, i wonder if pele and maradona had d likes of xavi or a gud team lyk barcelona 4 dia success. Lets luk at diego forlan, durin d world cup he was everywhere, takin d free kicks, corners, d weight of uruguay was on him and yet uruguay wasnt a great team. He did same in at.madrid. Lets luk at sneider, my God, brilliant 4 inter and his country, ranging 4rm long rage passes, shots, goals, corners, motivation and yet he wasnt in a great team. Nw mesut ozil, world cup and la liga debutat, but was briliant 4 both country and club and yet his country had less talented players. Nw papa zizzou, in 2006 world cup was amazing, ask d brazillians, an all rounder. Nw d big messi, y messi gets dis sorts of critisicm is d way he is praised lyk best player in d world planet, in d universe. Best player ever created. Against madrid CL, it messi an angel, messi dis and messi dat. And wen u compare him wt maradona, maradona was great 4 country, y nt messi. Maradona won seria A wt napoli, imagine. Some said wt out xavi, messi wil play well agreed, so wats wrong wt argetina? Fact: messi is one argentine player dat neva played 4 any argentine club.ess talented players. Nw papa zizzou, in 2006 world cup was amazing, ask d brazillians, an all rounder. Nw d big messi, y messi gets dis sorts of critisicm is d way he is praised lyk best player in d world planet, in d universe. Best player ever created. Against madrid CL, it messi an angel, messi dis and messi dat. And wen u compare him wt maradona, maradona was great 4 country, y nt messi. Maradona won seria A wt napoli, imagine. Some said wt out xavi, messi wil play well agreed, so wats wrong wt argetina? Fact: messi is one argentine player dat neva played 4 any argentine club.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Rockearth: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2011
Messi is a world best but barca is xavi without xavi there will be no barca that's why they are going for fabregas who will hold the mid field.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2011
la furia:

Messi! messi! messi!, i wonder if pele and maradona had d likes of xavi or a gud team lyk barcelona 4 dia success. Lets luk at diego forlan, durin d world cup he was everywhere, takin d free kicks, corners, d weight of uruguay was on him and yet uruguay wasnt a great team. He did same in at.madrid. Lets luk at sneider, my God, brilliant 4 inter and his country, ranging 4rm long rage passes, shots, goals, corners, motivation and yet he wasnt in a great team. Nw mesut ozil, world cup and la liga debutat, but was briliant 4 both country and club and yet his country had less talented players. Nw papa zizzou, in 2006 world cup was amazing, ask d brazillians, an all rounder. Nw d big messi, y messi gets dis sorts of critisicm is d way he is praised lyk best player in d world planet, in d universe. Best player ever created. Against madrid CL, it messi an angel, messi dis and messi dat. And wen u compare him wt maradona, maradona was great 4 country, y nt messi. Maradona won seria A wt napoli, imagine. Some said wt out xavi, messi wil play well agreed, so wats wrong wt argetina? Fact: messi is one argentine player dat neva played 4 any argentine club.ess talented players. Nw papa zizzou, in 2006 world cup was amazing, ask d brazillians, an all rounder. Nw d big messi, y messi gets dis sorts of critisicm is d way he is praised lyk best player in d world planet, in d universe. Best player ever created. Against madrid CL, it messi an angel, messi dis and messi dat. And wen u compare him wt maradona, maradona was great 4 country, y nt messi. Maradona won seria A wt napoli, imagine. Some said wt out xavi, messi wil play well agreed, so wats wrong wt argetina? Fact: messi is one argentine player dat neva played 4 any argentine club.
E tire me ooooo!!!!!! imagine some ignoramuses comparing messi to maradonna!!! imagine some pple sayin messi is a football god!!!! d truth is dt comments like dis are obviously not helpin d player cos he's kinda under pressure to lift argentina!! my own definition of a god is someone dat can single-handedly lift his team,irregardless of d situation @ hand!! he is talented, no doubt bt a god hell no!! once again, may God bless d parents of xavi and iniesta!!!
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by ddippset(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2011
seriously this xavi and iniesta talk is beginning to irritate. Infact has long been irritating. Football coaches, pundits have always rated messi far above xavi and iniesta but alot of butt hurt man u fans and madrid fans wont give up the fight. Eto had ronaldinho and xavi, raul and ronaldo had zidane and figo, henry had bergkamp and vieira, drogba had lampard and essien, muller has robben and ribery, toress had gerard and alonso and so on. Yet none of these strikers done what messi done. I wonder what would happen if messi squandered much of the chances given by xavi and iniessta. Then they both wont have as much recognition. As for natinal team anyone disregarding olympic and u 20 success is only consing themself. However do you want me to list the all star cast. Do you all know whom zidane had to win france 98? Whom ronaldo had to win 2002? The team list for germany 06 and sa 2010? Teams win the world cup not individuals.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2011
Messi and Ronaldo are good players but they dont perform well for their countries unlike their clubs where they shine like a million stars, so stop rating Ronaldo above Messi cus Ronaldo have not win any trophy or medal for his country while Messi has won the under 20 world cup and an olympic gold medal for Agentina
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by emmatok(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2011
What is all this talk about xavi and iniesta.

Were they part of the fantastic four of Henry, Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi ?

The support Messi is getting is due to the Manager's technical abilities and not the players.

The current Argentine team don't have such Manager.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by dabraska: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
emmatok:

What is all this talk about  xavi and iniesta.

Were they part of the fantastic four of Henry, Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi ?

The support Messi is getting is  due to the Manager's technical abilities and not the players.

The current Argentine team don't have such Manager.

correct talk! make dem dey talk lyk say dem no dey use dier brain! dem jst dey watch futball without undastanding it! mscheww
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2011
His extraordinary football skills is undoubted regardless of how well he plays for argentina.
Re: Lionel Messi At Copa 2011 by PurestBoy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2011
[size=16pt]Messi had 53 goals, 26 assists last season
Iniesta had 11 goals 9 assists
Xavi had 9 goals 10 assists

So anyone who says Messi depend on Xavi + iNIESTA to perform is a Reetard and dumfus
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Nigeria D'Tigress To Begin 2023 FIBA Afrobasket Title Defence Against Egypt / 4 Hot Ring Girls Of Mayweather-pacquiao Boxing Fight..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.