Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife (1164 Views)

Father Assaults Man After Catching Him 'sexually Abusing His Son / Dad Beat Man Unconscious After Finding Him Sexually Abusing His Son / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife by aloyemeka1: 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
Sunday, July 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Father of wife killer says he was aware his son had been abusing his wife[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-q3tbKLhtGL8/ThmYeQDeZCI/AAAAAAAAEvY/bMfS_CE2pq4/s1600/pix201107092114423.jpg[/img]

The father of Akolade Arowolo, the man suspected to have killed his wife, Titilayo, wept bitterly as his son was arraigned before a Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court in Lagos on Friday.

Speaking to journalists after the hearing, the father, who identified himself simply as Mr. Arowolo, said he was aware that his son had been abusing his wife and he had, on many occasions, intervened.

He, however, added that the last time he learnt that Akolade beat up Titilayo, he decided not to intervene anymore.

“I have not seen Akolade and Titilayo since January. I decided to stop intervening because I was tired of settling their disputes. So, the last time I was told that Kolade had beaten Titilayo up, I decided I wouldn’t interfere. In fact, in my heart, I was hoping they would just get a divorce.

“It was with dismay that I received news that Akolade had killed his wife. Titilayo was such a nice lady. She used to call my wife a lot because they were quite fond of each other. Some months before this tragic incident, we tried calling her but unfortunately, her phone never went through. It was only later that we discovered that she had changed phones.”

Mr Arowolo pleaded with the immediate family of the deceased to forgive his son for his misdeed.

The case has been adjourned till September 9, 2011 for further hearing. Akolade is at the Ikoyi Prisons. - Punch

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/07/father-of-wife-killer-says-he-was-aware.html
Re: Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife by Outstrip(f): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2011
I wonder where his son learned to beat up women. Forgive your son indeed.
Re: Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife by Godmother(f): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2011
Outstrip:

I wonder where his son learned to beat up women. Forgive your son indeed.

grin grin grin
Re: Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife by mamagee3(f): 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2011
Outstrip

Omg, what exactly do you mean? tongue
Re: Father Of Wife Killer Says He Was Aware His Son Had Been Abusing His Wife by ada24: 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
outstrip - i thought the same thing - most people learn from their parents - if you saw ur father beating your mother - doesn't take a brain surgeon to recognise that children become conditioned to think this is how husband and wife behave.

This is why some people come on here and think its ok for a man to beat his wife for "misbehaving" or cheating on their wives - after all they saw their mothers accept all this so that is just life - abi.

(1) (Reply)

Why Babies Come At Night / Would You Make The Sacrifice For Your Grandpa? / Please Is It Right Marrying A Wive Older Than You Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.